[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which series that does the whole Virtual World/MMORPG theme the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

Which series that does the whole Virtual World/MMORPG theme the best?

>Tfw we will never see any form of animation for Korean-made manga and LN's
>>
File: 2VU57zJ.gif (752KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
2VU57zJ.gif
752KB, 480x270px
>>124306063

Log Horizon.
>>
>>124306063
>Korean-made manga and LN
Kill yourself.
>>
>>124306063
>Tfw we will never see any form of animation for Korean-made manga and LN's
Thank God.
>>
SOA
>>
>>124306721

Sword Ort Anline
>>
>>124306063
Japanese > Chinese > Gooks in terms of light novel quality
>>
>>124306162
This but the creator got slammed for tax evasion so it's fucked
>>
>>124307083
I would swap the last two. Maybe if translators of Chinkshit did not translate literally they would be better but they always sound unnatural to me, a native English speaker. LMS is a guilty pleasure of mine so I am biased.

>Everyone does something
>Weed does something else
>It is because he is greedy

A very guilty pleasure.
>>
>>124306063
Reading Moonlight Sculptor right now, and it's pretty fun. I like that 15 volumes in, there's still no villain or epic goal or whatever, it's just some selfish asshole grinding games for money. It may not be great literature, but I enjoy it.

But holy shit Korean names are impossible to keep track of. I have absolutely no idea who is who whenever they're outside of the game.
>>
Summer Wars
>>
>Nobody said .hack

I hate everything

And before you say it, no this isn't a case of "well it may have been the first one but x did it better". No it's fucking not. .hack is the best one to do this sort of plot setting
>>
thats like asking who is the fastest kid at the paralympics.
>>
>>124306063
I think VRMMO ossan manga. I miss backpacker classes in MMOs..
>>
>>124306063
>wanting to watch korean grindfest animu
>>
>>124306063
.Hack by far
>>
File: OSO_v04_259.jpg (726KB, 1451x2046px) Image search: [Google]
OSO_v04_259.jpg
726KB, 1451x2046px
>>124308391
>A 35 old guy who plays 2 hours a day beating everyone and having all girls want his dick for no reason. His luck is absurd and he always gets the best stuffs out of nowhere.

Not to mention the skill and advancement system is a direct rip-off from OSO.

Now, depending on what OP intended by saying "does mmorpg theme best", there can be a few answers.

OSO would be my answer if OP meant how realistic the series is. There's no drama, no being locked up in game, no edge. MC has a life and does damn household chores when he's not casually playing the game with his friends and sisters.

If it's success, then most likely I would say Log Horizon, though it's very detached from MMORPG thema, going into 'transported into other world' theme.

SAO... first volume was fine. Gungale was fine, but other than that... poor - but that is just my opinion. Too much edge, too much forced drama and coincidences.

I can't comment on .hack series, because I never actually found time to get more acquainted with them.

This is just my own opinion.
>>
>>124310353
I get it is a gag series but does anyone ever find out MC is not a woman?
I agree about SAO, personally I enjoyed the sidestory chapters the best, mostly because Asuna is shit.
>>
>>124310966
So far not, including what's in webnovel. More than gag series, it's a slice of life series though. That's what makes it roll
>>
I like Play to Live too bad it's Russian and therefore not really /a/

Probably does the whole dragged into virtual reality best with people basically committing suicide to live in the game for a variety of reasons. Like the main character getting an inoperable brain tumor or the guild made up of ex-military who didn't want to live as permanently crippled vets. Large focus on human trafficking though since murder is pretty much a non-crime.

I also enjoy End Online but that's english literature so can't talk about that here at all
>>
>>124306063
>>>Tfw we will never see any form of animation for Korean-made manga and LN's
Thank god
>>
>>124310353
sauce? google gives jack so does iqdb
>>
Angel In Online was pretty fun
The sequel is shit though
>>
>>124312619
wait, nvm
>>
>>124312619
http://krytykal.org/only-sense
>>
File: tenkuu shinpan.jpg (534KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tenkuu shinpan.jpg
534KB, 1600x1200px
>>124306063
Tenkuu Shinpan.
Is not really about mmorpg but it feels like playing a video game.
You got yourself in a world of tall buildings connect with bridges. Mask people wants to kill you. There are sane, non-masked survivor you can team up with. Mask comes with different level and different ability. No reaction mask came to deliver you supplies sometimes without hostile. There are many weapons you can find either from the fallen mask enemies or on the ground.
>>
>>124306063
Some on Royalroad are interesting
>>
>>124314204
Oh shit, someone else read that?
It's really nothing special, but the MC and her friend is cute, and onii-chan is based.
>>
>>124307810
Hermes guild is pretty petty so there's that.
>>
Never understood why anime-manga about MMORPGs are a thing.
Why not just make it a fantasy setting instead of "teleported into the database" bullshit?
>>
I want an LN/Manga/Anime about a guy grinding solo non-stop to the level cap, no romance bullshit at all, then studying to get the best synergy between his current equips and skills and make a meta build, and only after this, go into town and look into a high-level guild so he can raid/grind non-stop with these guys.

All the while everyone is almost completely silent because that's how most people play nowadays.
>>
File: 1421973512734.gif (2MB, 340x305px) Image search: [Google]
1421973512734.gif
2MB, 340x305px
Haseo's Xth form Slip and Slide in GU> The rest.

You can actually play GU.
>>
>>124315165
It is a very lazy way of giving characters knowledge of the world without having been there before. It also appeals to RPG fans who love all the stats and grinding levels.
>>
How is SAO VRMMORPG? Piece of shit universe where your level doesnt mean anything? Fuck grinding, leveling "i strong cause i stronk". Yeah better make some food.
>>
>>124315165
Because MMORPGs are my fetish.
>>
>>124315340
サモナーさんが行く
>>
>>124306063
[c]
>>
>>124315948
Can you give me a synopsis? Can't find it anywhere.
>>
Which came first, this or SAO?
>>
>>124307083
Legend of the Sun Knight anime fucking never.

;_;
>>
>>124306063
Fuck this bullshit about being stuck in the MMO world. Give me an anime where it's literally just an MMO, and they're playing it because they have fun going on adventures, exploring dungeons and clearing raids, not because they're involved in an epic struggle to save their very lives.
>>
>>124318356
DanMachi
>>
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=112541

This one is pretty fun, chapters are few and far between though.
>>
>>124311803
>>124315012
They do things wrong, a few are okay but so many are the same thing. Also the "NPCS ARE PEOPLE TOO!" lawful good moralfag protagonists are retarded. Especially when it is an actual game and not some "death game" thing. No reason to get so serious about what is in actuality, a game.
>>
>>124318356
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o aka Gifting the Wonderful World with Blessings is the only relatively drama free MMO LN that I know off.

No edgy or emo shit. Everyone is having fun.

That's why I prefer it to some of the LNs mentioned in this thread because the characters in those other LNs forget how to have fun.
>>
>>124318998
>Also the "NPCS ARE PEOPLE TOO!"
this aspect is kind of interesting in this wn.
https://scryatranslations.wordpress.com/
>>
Why aren't you reading Kono Sekai ga Game dato Ore dake ga Shitteiru (Only I Know This World is a Game)?

>Youngsters nowadays have no tolerance: if anything goes wrong, they're quick to blame others, or so they say.

>I feel that every era has old people who go "youngsters nowadays" like that, but when I think about it sometimes, they might be right.

>For example, on a walkthrough site for a popular game, if you look at the FAQ (or Answers) section, you'll probably notice a question like this.

>Q: I can't do ___. Bug?

>Lots of things could go in that blank, and "can't do" might become "can't beat" or "can't get," but the meaning is basically the same.
>And to some extent, the answer also has a fixed pattern.
>Something like this.

>A: This is not a bug. How to do ___ is written in the instructions (on ___ page).
>Before you ask a question, please read the instructions.

>If they use common sense, they'd realize that bugs don't suddenly pop up like that, but these clinging, selfish people want some other excuse for their own failures.

>They ask a question that could be easily answered by looking it up or testing it themselves, and, in the end, blaming everything on bugs is still pretty dumb.

>However, New Communicate Online is a bit different.
>The walkthrough site of New Communicate Online, Nekomimi Neko Wiki, has none of the usual wordiness.
>The FAQ of Nekomimi Neko Wiki has just one question.

>Q: Does ___ happen to be a bug, by any chance?
>A: It's a bug.

>That three-word answer is too neat, but in fact, everything in the game New Communicate Online is a bug.
>>
>>124318998
I feel bad about being mean to 2d girls, so I can kind of understand wanting to protect NPCs which are almost indistinguishable from actual people.
>>
>>124308199
.hack// sucks balls and you know it
>>
>>124319521
Because I can't read raws and TL is stuck at 10.
>>
Accel World is pretty good in that regard.
The stakes are at worst "You can't play this game anymore if you fuck up"
>>
>>124319727
S2 NEVER EVER
>>
>>124319727
Yeah but
>fat fuck manlet in real life
>super magical god in videogames
>>
>>124320041
like in real life
>>
>>124320343
But you can't be a video game god if you can talk with girls.
>>
>>124320041
interestingly enough, in the source material he's actually pretty good looking and "normal" like suffering-bro, his appearance in the anime/virtual world is meant to reflect his perception of himself - which was done in a terrible way, I'll give you that, especially since it was never explained
>>
>>124318356
Tower of Druaga
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.