[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would the quality of anime increase again if we had 10 anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 6

File: ghhznt.jpg (17KB, 426x352px) Image search: [Google]
ghhznt.jpg
17KB, 426x352px
Would the quality of anime increase again if we had 10 anime each season instead of 30?
>>
No.
>>
Yes.
>>
Maybe.
>>
Of course
We would have more variety as well, ironic.
>>
I don't know.
>>
Why stop at 10? According to your logic, the best way to improve the quality of anime would be to have 1 show every year.
>>
Can you repeat the question?
>>
>>124155414
are you an idiot, by any chance?
>>
>>124155478
Why would he be? He's just using the same kind of logic as OP and applies it even further to increase the results, makes sense to me.
>>
>>124155441
Would the quality of anime increase again if we had 10 anime each season instead of 30?
>>
>>124154885
No. Because if you only had 10 then only the most mainstream and general stuff would get made. So lots of flashy mediocre crap.
>>
File: Homura.jpg (89KB, 713x685px) Image search: [Google]
Homura.jpg
89KB, 713x685px
Potentially.

If a studio only made two shows per year quality would potentially go up too,

But there's no way of knowing for certain.
>>
>>124155546
No, it's a different logic. According to the logic of this poster, the best way to improve the quality of anime would be 0 shows every year. Which is a different kind of logic op was applying. Which is why that poster is most likely an idiot who fails at basic logic.
>>
Probably not since they'll try to compensate for that with more episodes pumped out at breakneck speed.
>>
File: 1397318916801.jpg (49KB, 324x454px) Image search: [Google]
1397318916801.jpg
49KB, 324x454px
What stops them putting out trash fantasy harems?

Quantity is not even a problem here.
>>
>>124154885
Would the quality of your mother' children increase if she had 10 dicks inside her instead of 30?
>>
Fuck off Otaking
>>>/out/
>>
Quantity isn't the problem here. It's time and money.
>>
>>124155700
>According to the logic of this poster, the best way to improve the quality of anime would be 0 shows every year.
But this is correct.
>>
>>124155700
For OP's assumption to be correct the quality of anime would increase as long as the number of anime each season decreased.

Therefore it can be assumed that according to OP's logic the best quality can be achieved with the minimum amount of anime per season possible, which is 1.
>>
Depends on what aspect you are talking about. The animation would never get better. But the plots would get better. They ran out of ideas for plots years ago yet here we are, 10,000 mysterious magical girls that appeared in a fated way later. With less anime, there would less need to scrape the bottom of the bucket for plot ideas.

Shit, they even have a hard time coming up with a name thats not infringing on copyright laws.
>>
Animation quality,probably.
Content,no. With only 10 shows they would always air the kind of shows that are sure to sell, i.e. shit.
>>
>>124155876
>For OP's assumption to be correct the quality of anime would increase as long as the number of anime each season decreased.Therefore it can be assumed that according to OP's logic the best quality can be achieved with the minimum amount of anime per season possible, which is 1.

No. Once again you fail at logic. The only thing we can deduce from op's logic is that the quality increases again if he have 1/3 of the amount of anime we have each season., and that 10 is the minimum number of anime that will air.

Did any of you guys actually went to highschool?
>>
>>124155806

>studio combines
>more money and more man power
>less anime but better quality
>>
>>124155988
OP's question was hypothetical.
>>
>>124155988
>10 is the minimum number

Nope, that was not stated anywhere.
>>
>>124155546

>what is law of diminishing return
>>
>>124155988
Why are you trying so hard to act like hotshit? You aren't even correct at the first place.
>>
>>124154885
UMMM why is no one pointing out that OP just posted a nipple on a NSFW board?
>>
>>124156209
I thought it was a kissy-mouth
>>
>>124156209
Thats a cushion on a salmon floor
>>
>>124156209

Because it's actually a sunset with a seagull seen through a round window.
>>
>>124156209
That's clearly a puffy anus.
>>
>>124156209
looks more like a cervix
>>
>>124156209
That's clearly a soft bread.
>>
>>124154885
Maybe
But it would be even better if Anime stopped giving their animators actually nothing for their work.
Part time workers make more money than full time animators.
Of course you're not going to make a quality product when you come home with less money than you spent to GET to work.
>>
>>124154885
There was a time when there were about 10 anime per season, but their quality was poor. Your arguement is invalid.
>>
The average quality, probably, but there would be fewer good anime so I don't know why anyone would want this
>>
>>124156412
anime sucks dude
>>
Why? Theres many anime for different audiences like fujoshi, chuunis, harem shows, tie-in toy shows, theres something for everyone every season.

Bigger budgets for fewer anime aren't going to make it better. They just dont make your edgy 2deep4u original anime because it has a higher chance of financial failure.
>>
>>124156209
That's clearly a red cushion on a pink carpet. It just has a white stain, that's all.
>>
>>124156130
except that im correct.
>>124156047
10 is the minimum number he names, and 30 the maximum. what other numbers does he name? take a math class, kiddo.
>>124156036
yes, that's why my logic is correct.
>>
>>124156412
There are only like 5 good series max at any given season.
>>
>>124156471
In which case, what's stopping smaller studios from releasing grimdark OVA series?
>>
>>124156641
If we got only one third as much anime each season that number would decline from 5 max to 2 max with a high percentage of seasons with zero good anime
>>
>>124156209
its a whoopie cushion you fucking dolt
>>
>>124156568
He presents 10 as a hypothetical quantity. The logic is that fewer anime will result in higher average quality. If this is true, then in order to have the highest possible quality anime per season, you'd need to have the lowest possible quantity, which would be 1.
Sticking strictly to his case of "30 vs 10" then the answer is simply "no".
>>
>>124156690
No one buying them.
>>
>>124156707
Nope. The 5 will stay where it is.
>>
>>124154885
anime has shit quality by default. nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>124156690

Doing a huge original OVA release like LoGH in the early 90s wouldn't be financially realistic anymore today, the market has changed
>>
>>124156779
I didn't say huge. I'm talking another Cossette no Shouzou.
>>
>>124156833

I am not exactly knowledgable about the OVA market but most of the recent shit seems to be either a safe later release for already established and earlier popular shows, or an omake for manga/bd volumes, etc.

There's the internet as well now, look at how puchimas did it with ONA releases. Also distributing your anime through original OVA seems like financial suicide to me, pretty archaic.
>>
>>124155700
>the best way to improve the quality of anime would be 0 shows every year.
Can't argue with that.
>>
>>124156716
>The logic is that fewer anime will result in higher average quality.
This is the theory which you applied with your own failed logic, and has nothing to do with what OP stated. Once again, apply common sense, it might help you in other situations as well.
>>
>>124154885
Yes, because they will probably eleminate the 10 generic harem, and focus on qualtity instead of quantity.
>>
>>124157202
>has nothing to do with what OP stated
Can you actually read?
>Would the quality of anime increase again if we had 10 anime each season instead of 30?
10 is a smaller number than 30.
>Would the quality of anime increase again if we had fewer anime each season?
The answer is no. Having less anime each year means studios have less opportunity to produce series, which means they're only going to bother producing series which are a safe bet for profits. You would also see smaller studios, unable to compete with bigger studios for time slots, fall out of production, and be consumed by the bigger ones. Now, each season is filled exclusively with shows produced by 4-7 studios, who, with less concern for competition due to having absorbed said competition, can focus on maximizing profits.
>>
I recognize that nipple.
>>
>>124154885
Yes and no.
They might get more time/resources to work on the single show, thus with less QUALITY and such, but that doesn't mean we'll stop getting shit.
Actually, the ratio could worsen (even more) as the stuff that sells would still be the same.
>40 shows per season
>10 shitty LN adaptations, and maybe 5 actually worthwhile shows
>10 shows per season
>8 shitty (but now pretty) LN adaptations and 2 worthwhile shows

Even cutting in half (about 25 shows) the current amount would already have huge effects though.
>>
>>124154885
What would happen with manga adaptations then?
>>
>>124157591
>Can you actually read?
i see you ran out of shitty arguments to make, and now you try lazy exchangeable one-liners
>10 is a smaller number than 30.
well, if this is what you can take out of this thread, you are a smarter person than you were when you first starting posting in it, so i am happy for you.
>
>>
>>124155700
Actually, by that logic it'd be better if we get into negative numbers, thus we'd have to start destroying anime each year.
>>
>>124157878
I like how all you can do is attack arguments but have completely abstained from supporting, or really, even forming, your own view point.
>>
>>124156209
That's a tentacle you shit
>>
>>124157959
I never intended to form my point. Pinpoiting to you why your mother should have aborted you is much more interesting.
>>
>>124157959
my own point is layed out pretty well several posts upthread. i suggest you read other posts first before replying next time.
>>
>>124155905
>The animation would never get better.
Of course it would, as long as there was the same amount of staff in the anime industry. There would be fewer projects so more time to spend on each one.
>>
>>124156209
Could be a male nipple, you'll never know.
>>
>>124158289
It's funny if you think you've actually made a point. You've proposed no rebuttal or opinion. Since the first post made in response to mine, there has been nothing but attacks against my posts followed by no posts supporting a counter opinion.
>>
>>124158395
>You've proposed no rebuttal or opinion.
Oh i've proposed several of those, all of them invalidating your own argument. I suggest you read them again, if you didn't understand the first time.
>>
>>124155441
You're not the boss of me now
>>
GUYS.
You are all misunderstanding the oh pea.
To paraphrase a great man: given all things equal, that with the greatest length is more immersive (thus more pleasurable (thus better (for those capable of experiencing it))). Less shows per season would mean longer, thus better shows.
Imagine what CCS would have been like if it came out today, with today's technology and budget, while keeping the same length.
>>
>>124158917
Keep telling yourself that. More goes into a rebuttal than saying "no ur wrng i am right".

>What to Do In a Rebuttal
>The goal of refutation is to answer your opponent’s arguments. The steps of the refutation process include:
>1. Identifying the particular argument you are refuting
>2. Critically evaluating the argument and explaining why it is wrong
>3. Supplying additional evidence to support your claims

"are you an idiot", arguing about "different kinds of logic" without ever expanding on what those "kinds of logic" are or how one could be more or less correct than an other, and placing arbitrary boundaries and goal lines so that they better suit your opinion, does not constitute a counterpoint. At no point in the entirety of the thread have you, or anyone else, even attempted to explain how the quality and quantity of shows airing in a season are related in opposition to me.
>>
>>124155546

>can only use math as far as algebra and not polynomial
>never heard of two variable optimization

It's a tradeoff between number and quality. The ideal lies somewhere in the middle of either extreme.

I'd say around 15 would be ideal. In the current state, we just have a bunch of shit. But I think with 10 it is too few.
>>
>>124159453
It would have been shit because anime as a medium has changed for the worse since then.The digital style can't make it better at all either.
>>
>>124157883

If we destroy the bad shows, that would increase the overall quality of anime. Checks out.
>>
File: 1312337743225.jpg (16KB, 608x431px) Image search: [Google]
1312337743225.jpg
16KB, 608x431px
>>124156209
>nipples are sexual organs
>>
>>124154885
There are roughly 50 to 60 anime in a season if you count stuff /a/ doesn't watch. Go into an AOTS thread and you'll see not everyone likes the same shows, so having variety is better.

In fact, despite so many anime airing I only get one show of my favorite genre per season on average.

The issue isn't the number of anime, it's the purpose it was made for; creative vs commercial. It's rarely one extreme or the other, but a proper balance improves the quality of anime.
>>
>>124160615
you are out to start another shitposting rodeo, are you? per definition sexual organs are only below the waist.
>>
>>124160615
Nipples are NSFW unless they're a part of an anime episode being discussed.
>>
>>124156323
Thank god this was someone else's first thought too. I thought I was weird.
>>
>>124154885
No.
Lowering the variety, or number of shows produced, would make absolutely no difference to quality, unlike what morons like >>124157838 suggest.

This is due to the fact that every single show ever produced has its own earning potential, and it is not always related to what other shows earn (even if they do compete for time slots and customer money, in the longer periods this evens out and has no meaning.

That "earning potential", and ability of the makers to realize those earnings, determine how much is actually spent on making any given show, and determines what you perceive as quality.

Right now, japs still hopelessly suck at seeing where the money is and how to get it, while shareholders whine, and therefore they can't allocate bigger budgets. Meanwhile, animators are starving poorfags already, and moving to korea, vietnam, china and the like did not do much in terms of cheaper production at same quality levels. Unless you were aiming for QUALITY.

The industry has improved a bit (the existence of CR is a tiny ray of hope) but it is still led by fucking clueless grandpas whos world stopped with a casette player approach. They believe commoditization is the way to go, and until they give that up, nothing will change.
>>
File: 1312337791335.jpg (61KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1312337791335.jpg
61KB, 245x245px
>>124161013
Exactly, why would you think I was saying anything else?
>>
>>124160398
>medium
You keep using that word, but you don't know what it means.
>>
>>124154885
Unlikely since that means that the only 10 shows we get could be from the shittier studios like Xebec, DEEN, Gonzo, Toei, etc.
>>
>>124154885
No
Masterpieces come into existence based on ratio. 99% garbage, 1% good things
>>
>>124161537
>if it's not 10/10, it's 0/10
>>
>>124154885
The quality of anime nowadays is already high enough, the problem is that you never pick more than three shows per season so you'll never watch the actually good shows.
>>
>>124161402
This is 100% correct. Just because they start making less anime doesn't mean they won't try to maximize profits for each anime. The production comittees may not understand what factors drive big sales, but they do know that animation quality is not a major one. Thus budgets would not increase.
>>
>>124162121
no
>>
No. More anime means more competition which forces companies to churn out something better.
>>
>>124156209
It's a button on a shirt.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (118KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
118KB, 1920x1080px
>>124154885
You know what would make a big increase?
Kill every kid below 15 years old in japan.

Then every shit that appeals mainly to kids will be financially bad, also their dads will have more money to spent in delusion so they'll spend it on anime.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.