[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This show is pretty damn funny so far.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: Rinne.png (593KB, 638x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rinne.png
593KB, 638x720px
This show is pretty damn funny so far.
>>
>so far
I don't even.
>>
>>123804267
I like how he keeps using her entire name.
>>
I might watch this only because I fucking loved Ranma as a kid, even with shitty translations that made me think Shampoo was literally delivering pizzas.
>>
>>123807826
It doesn't feel very much like Ranma just yet, but the gimmicks are there and HS's subs aren't bad. It feels to me like it's going to walk the line between Inuyasha's supernatural weirdness and Ranma's hijinks and character quirks (like Rinne being such a poorfag he has to mooch money off others just to do his job and can't even afford a new track suit from the one he wore in middle school).
>>
>>123807997
Sounds good to me. I skipped the manga of this, and I actually quite liked Inuyasha for what it was. It'll be a trip down memory lane if nothing else.
>>
>>123804267
Watch it be repeated 10 times over
>>
File: 1428444564084.png (1MB, 1358x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1428444564084.png
1MB, 1358x1080px
>>123804267
the hair styles alone just make this so enjoyable
>>
>>123808102
I also skipped the manga because I didn't want any preconceived notions to judge the anime with. I haven't regretted it so far. I figure I'll stick with the anime's run and go to the manga afterwards to see how different they turned out, which is the opposite way of how I dealt with Ranma.
>>
I would be interested but the lead female looks to be yet another example of Tash's annoying useless females.
>>
File: never give up.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
never give up.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
Goddamn, Takahashi's got another anime, Adachi better step his shit up with Mix already. I want another Adachi anime. Cross Game was incredible.
>>
>>123808446
Not enough detail's been provided to come to a conclusion just yet. We know she can see and communicate with ghosts, and she can see Rinne even when he's wearing his coat, and it seems like at least once she's actually visited the spirit world because she has memory of the Wheel of Samsara, but whether or not she's just some sort of high-tuned person or she's a botched reincarnation, it's hard to say what her connection to it all really is. Rinne just uses her as a bank right now because he thinks she's rich and apparently magic costs money.
>>
>>123808648
Takahashi still follows the girl meets bad boy love story? Wow, talk about sticking to the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" formula to a tee. This just got even less interesting.
>>
>>123808745
I don't think we've met the bad boy just yet. Rinne just strikes me as being someone who's blundered into this job but takes it seriously enough that he has to do shit like scam people just to afford the basics. It's not even determined that he's actually alive at this point because we know nothing of his origin. All we know is that he has a decent understanding of what his purpose is (shove ghosts onto the Wheel so that they can reincarnate) but can't even afford clothes and marvels at amounts of money greater than 100 yen. I'd say give it the 3 ep try at the least, just beware of the OP being eerily addictive.
>>
>>123808595

What's funny is that it is harder to find Adachi manga that haven't been adapted to anime or live action shows. It is only a matter of time for Mix, but as I recall, they didn't adapt Cross Game until it was starting on the last run as a manga, and they wanted the endings of each to come at about the same time.

They might do something similar with Mix, and since Adachi doesn't do ridiculously long manga (compared to things like One Piece, Naruto, or Bleach, for example). H2 was his longest run, with 7 years worth of manga, Cross Game was only 5, and Mix is on year 3, so we should get a resolution here within a year or two.

It's one reason why his manga are so good. He doesn't drag shit out. He has a plan in place for each story and when it's done, it's done.
>>
>>123808745

Of her major manga projects, I think that "pattern" only applies to two (Ranma and Inu Yasha), and I could make an argument one of those (Ranma) isn't a girl meets "bad" boy so much as girl meets "social retard" boy.

Otherwise, you have Uresei Yatsura (boy meets alien), Maisson Ikkoku (loser meets widow), One Pound Gospel (nun meets lazy oaf) the Mermaid series (cursed people), etc. Am I missing something?
>>
>>123809055
>Am I missing something?
I think a few oneshot things but I don't remember anything else myself.
But yeah I don't think the Bad Boy shtick applies to RINNE.
>>
>>123808946
Yeah, but considering his usual pace with his stories, it feels like Mix hasn't even finished winding up. Adachi on a monthly manga is hell.
>>
does it fall into Ranma and Inuyasha's unfunny sthicks of women completely overreact or jump to huge conclusions, and the men get the shit beaten out of them by the women for little to no reason?

That and bad romance writing?
>>
The show actually managed to be funny. Looking forward to the next episode.
>>
I'm with you anons. I wasn't expecting much, but this show is actually really enjoyable if the first episode is any indication. The manga isn't that old either. Feels like an entertaining and funny version older Inu Yasha episodes.

I like the older designs and hairstyles too. Also the OP is really catchy.
>>
I wasn't sure why this show looked familiar until I looked it up. I could watch this for the nostalgia alone if nothing else.
>>
>>123804267
Karma and Okuda from AssClass.
>>
I love that he constantly has to bum off money for his powers
>>
>>123810433
no, not yet at least, both of the main characters are rather calm. no romance either so far
>>
I love how the main girl is all matter-of-fact about everything.
>>
The best part was his trying not to give up the tracksuit.
>>
>>123815522
It's not that funny and the hair coloring is lazy
>>
>>123804267
Are Ranma and Akane going to get married on this one?
>>
the main girl is

CUTE
U
T
E
>>
I thought it was pretty funny
might as well watch it all
>>
Is this Inuyasha
>>
This show gives me strong Inuyasha vibes, but with a less shitty heroine.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.