[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Major UBW Plot HOLE.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

I thought Archer could only project swords.

But here, he just made a coat.

So, if he wanted to kill Shirou, he could just project some drones armed with hellfires. And kill Shirou from far far away. Or any other master, they would never see it coming.

Or he could project a nuclear fusion bomb, and kill everybody.

Or he could project a black hole, and kill any opponent.

Or project anti-matter and destroy the universe.

Archer is so overpowered, too bad the writing is bad.
>>
>>123530521
Are you seriously comparing a fucking coat with drones?

God secondaries are truly the worst.
>>
>>123530521
I don't think he projected it, only materialized some stuff he got.

Also, he can project simple things. A coat is simple enough. All the otehr stuff you said is beyond what he can project.
>>
Nasu
Is
A
Hack
>>
File: 1414246896264.png (163KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1414246896264.png
163KB, 1252x1252px
>>123530521
You got me.
>>
He can summon/unsummon his coat in the same way Saber summons her armour
>>
>>123530629
A coat is simple?

All the microscopic fiber structure is not simple.

All the design and sewing is not simple.

A coat is not simple.

A solid rod of pure iron would be simple.
>>
>>123530679
You never see him using this coat.
>>
>>123530521
>complaining about plot holes for nasu works
how new can you be
>>
>>123530740
If you readed the VN you will know that anything -notsword&shiedl- that Emiya Shirou proyects are like hollow inside, just a vessel of the object.
>>
>>123530785
that doesn't mean he doesn't own it.
>>
>>123530925
>readed
>>
Can Archer trace another Archer?
>>
>>123530925
>proyects
>>
>>123530521
>I heard the mating call of the female rhinoceros

Jesus chirst is she ugly in this anime
>>
File: cool thread.jpg (314KB, 1205x1032px) Image search: [Google]
cool thread.jpg
314KB, 1205x1032px
>>
>>123530521
Very simple objects are feasible anything else is hollow, even fire weapons-look alike are feasible but hollow inside.
>>
>>123530521
>Major plot hole
>I thought he could only swords

It was noted that he could trace other things as well. Shirou's shed is full of traces machine parts and shit that he's traced over the last few months.

It's just that anything isn't a sword will cost extra, and it will be somewhat lacking in an indescribable sort of way. Like its hollow on the inside.

The shit he can trace is limited to close range, but it was never just swords. Rho Aias should tell you as much. No it isn't overpowered, because anything he makes that isn't a sword will be lacking in most respects, but if its something simple that isn't an NP, it should still convey the meaning well enough.
>>
He can project anything as long it's simple enough.

He can't make a firearm or a car but he can make a kitchen knife or a fork for example.
>>
>>123530521
>can only project sword
he can project rho aias.
plot hole filled
>>
>>123532553
Also its Archer rather than Shirou

Even if his non-swords aren't perfect, they're still a lot closer than Shirou's would ever be.

Guy tracing a fishing lure in Ataraxia that even Gil wants to steal.
>>
>>123530679
Only the Saber class can do that, I think.
>>
>>123532979
Any Servant can switch between casual and battle form at any time.
>>
>>123532559
How many kitchen knives are in UBW?
>>
>>123533050
What is a sword but a large kitchen knife?
>>
>>123533079
How many huh?
>>
>>123532953
Doesn't he trace an entire set of top of the line fishing equipment as well?
>>
>>123532559
>coat
>structurally simple
>>
>>123533050
Infinite
>>
>>123533272
Yes, much less so than a magic sword.
>>
>>123533357
Shirou's origin is Sword, not Coats.
>>
Why does it even matter? Who cares about a fucking coat? Jesus christ.
>>
>>123533568
I care.
>>
>>123533498
Doesn't make mundane stuff any less simple comparatively. It's a coat. Not much different than projecting metal stuff, a bow, or a fishing pole. Rin even mentions Shirou could project paintings or something else in hollow.
>>
Shirou has always been able to reproduce a variety of objects. However, normal objects are merely hollow shells. He can't reproduce the history of a normal object, its experiences, its creator's intentions. It's just a hollow object with no history or meaning. It exists just because it does.

An object like that could be useful for something as simple as keeping a girl warm as she sleeps, but to the Faker called Emiya Shirou, they can't be described as anything more than failures. To truly recreate something, to truly produce a proper, legitimate fake, he must be able to produce everything. Not just the outer shape, but the insides as well.
>>
>>123533620
A coat is made of millions of distinct fibers woven into a complicated pattern.

A fishing pole is a uniform metal alloy shaped into a moderately complex shape.
>>
>Shitposts ruining UBW threads this seasons
>The same shitposters will probably ruin Kaleid Liner and Chaos Dragon threads next season

Why even live.
>>
>>123533498
A coat is just a sword that you can wear. It cuts the rain and wind so you don't get wet or cold.
>>
>>123533743
ARCHER KNOWS HOW TO COPY PASTE SMALL STRUCTURES.

OH FUCKING GOD.
>>
>>123533568
Anons are always out to make things difficult for themselves for some reason, always out to start shit over the most trivial reason.
>>
>>123533743
>>123530740
>>>/fa/
>>
>>123533766
Fucking loopholes.
Best way to write powers
>>
>>123533766
>Shirou cheats UBW by just convincing himself that everything is a sword in some shape or form
>>
Here's the thing about Shirou. Objects that aren't fundamentally weapons are difficult for him to reproduce, but the means to reproduce them still exist.

For instance, take Kanshou and Bakuya. More specifically, the cloth wrapped around the hilts. Shirou reproduces the whole sword, including that cloth. Alternatively, let's say there's an ornamental sword with beautifully woven cloth attached to it. Shirou would be able to reproduce that entire sword, cloth and all.

So really, there's no reason why Shirou can't reproduce a coat.
>>
>>123530521
I don't remember Archer betraying red-side-mouth-girl. Then again I only watch the older F/SN anime. Would someone care to spoil it for me?
>>
>>123534074
It's a different route you retard.
>>
>>123534117
There are different routes within the F/SN route?
>>
>>123534020
>Objects that aren't fundamentally weapons are difficult for him to reproduce
But everything can be used as a weapon.
>>
File: Unlimited Bait Works.png (136KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
Unlimited Bait Works.png
136KB, 622x626px
>>123534202
>there's no way my little bait can be this cute
>>
>>123534202
What?

Fate/stay night is a multi-route visual novel.

The first route is the Fate Route, also referred to as the Saber Route, which is what DEEN somewhat loosely adapted.

This show follows the Unlimited Blade Works route.

There's also a third route called the Heaven's Feel route. A movie adaptation of that route will be released in the near future.
>>
>>123533766
>>123534235
You're hacking better than Nasu.
>>
>>123533733
>Not just the outer shape, but the insides as well
Not just the outer shape and insides, but also the complete history and memory of the object,
>>
>>123532979
lancer can do it with his lance too if he throws it
>>
>>123534235
Concepts play a big part in the metaphysics of the Nasuverse.

A sword, a bow, a glock, and an atomic bomb are all conceptually weapons though they probably aren't all Conceptual Weapons.

A normal baseball bat, a cinderblock, a car, and a meat grinder are not conceptually weapons, even though any one of those could be used as a weapon to great effect.

Wrap the baseball bat in razor wire or stick some nails through it, and it probably becomes a weapon.
>>
>>123534280
Thanks a lot. It makes sense now.
>>
>>123534235
No. The key word is "fundamentally". As long as the original intentions behind the creation of an object was as a weapon, then Shirou can reproduce it perfectly, barring certain exceptions (Excalibur, Ea). More specifically, Shirou's specialty is "blades". As long as it's a bladed object, there are few things Shirou can't reproduce faithfully.

When Shirou reproduces such an object, he goes above and beyond normal Fakers. He doesn't only reproduce the weapon's outer shape, but also its history, the memories of past wielders, the intentions of the creator, the creation process itself. Literally everything about that weapon is reproduced to near-perfection. Granted, all reproduced weapons are inferior by one rank compared to the original due to the fact that it's impossible to perfectly comprehend an object via sight alone, but in the entire world, in all of human history, you will never find any counterfeits as near-perfect as Shirou's.

But when Shirou tries to reproduce objects that aren't bladed weapons, it becomes a bit more difficult. Unlike with weapons, Shirou can't reproduce the history and intentions of those non-bladed objects. That's why he considers them "hollow" and "empty".

If Shirou's reproduced weapons are "first-rate counterfeits", then the non-weapons he creates are third-rate. Still, a third-rate fake is gonna be better than what normal Fakers can do, so no matter what object Shirou recreates, it'll still be the best counterfeit there is. No other Magus could ever hope to compare to him in that one field.
>>
>>123534487
But what determines whether something is conceptually a weapon?

Whether it was made with the intent of being a weapon? That makes no sense, since Shirou can trace ornamental swords perfectly fine.
>>
>>123534487
>Wrap the baseball bat in razor wire or stick some nails through it, and it probably becomes a weapon.
So he can make a sword wrapped in a coat and then remove the sword to yield the coat?
>>
>>123534618
>But what determines whether something is conceptually a weapon?

Metaphysical bullshit.
>>
Holy shit you're right OP
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.