[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the anime industry a bubble that's going to pop? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: japan_economy.png (12KB, 468x284px) Image search: [Google]
japan_economy.png
12KB, 468x284px
Is the anime industry a bubble that's going to pop?

How long can this cycle of "Only otaku with lots of disposable money are buying anime" -> "We need to make stuff only they like and rise the prices to levels only they can afford to make up for their low numbers" -> "Only otaku with lots of disposable money are buying anime" realistically go on for? It has to spiral in on itself eventually, right?
>>
>Is the anime industry a bubble that's going to pop?
Every industry is. Anime studios don't make shit just for otaku, normalfags just don't watch anime. So obviously the people who like it the most will be the ones spending money on it.
>>
>>123402237
I don't want this thread to turn into a bunch of "anime was a mistake" memes or whatever, but all those complaints by the heads of various animation companies have to account for something, right?
>>
>>123402260
>all those complaints by the heads of various animation companies have to account for something, right?
Who exactly are you referring to?
>>
Will otaku stop buying anime? No, not anytime soon.

Will the bubble of churning out the largest possible number of shows with minimal budget and production values and still making a profit somehow burst eventually? I fucking hope so. These days it looks like it's not even the budget that's the limiting factor, but that there's literally not enough people working in the industry to ensure decent quality. I don't think it's a sustainable model.

That, or the industry will transition mostly to 3DCG anime.
>>
File: 1395253512032.png (268KB, 573x338px) Image search: [Google]
1395253512032.png
268KB, 573x338px
>>123402260
>I don't want this thread to turn into a bunch of "anime was a mistake" memes or whatever
Well that's what you're gonna get because that's all these threads ever are
>>
Don't all economies experience that cycle
>>
>>123402209
Late-night anime will eventually pop I think.
>>
>>123402368
they attempt to expand their market to as many people as possible, selling tons of things for the lowest possible price

what the anime industry is doing, by focusing more and more on a small number of people and selling very high price goods to make up for low sales numbers, is literally the exact opposite
>>
>>123402260
Survival of the fittest. If you can't make good anime you deserved to close shops.
Just at look at kyoani, they have like double their growth and revenue.
>>
>>123402422
>Just at look at kyoani, they have like double their growth and revenue.
Pretty much this.
Cater to the right crowd and enjoy swimming in money. The fact is that even if normies watch anime the chances of them buying BDs or any of the official merchandise is so low it's not worth it to even bother with them.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.