[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /a/ dislike ping pong the animation? I realize the art

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

Why does /a/ dislike ping pong the animation? I realize the art style makes it difficult to get into but I thought the people here were not so superficial that they would disregard something because of how it looks.
>>
It's a meme anime.
>>
>>122976380
>>122976380
Well surprise OP! /a/ is full of autistic plebian faglords that will judge anything mostly by its cover.
>>
I liked it.
>>
>>122976380
> I thought the people here were not so superficial that they would disregard something because of how it looks.

you thought wrong.
>>
A lot of /a/ liked it you faggot now fuck off back to tumblr.
>>
File: gb2 reddit.jpg (4KB, 101x125px) Image search: [Google]
gb2 reddit.jpg
4KB, 101x125px
>>122976380
>Why does /a/ dislike ping pong the animation
>/a/ is one person

how we ram into your head that you are cancer and you don't belong to this board?
>>
>>122976380
Aside of looking like shit, what's so special about it? Nothing, the reason people like it is because it looks like shit and nothing more.
>Ping Pong is a master piece, i'm so mature and more smart than any of you
Basically, anyone that like Ping Pong think like that.
>>
>but I thought the people here were not so superficial that they would disregard something because of how it looks.

If you're willing to just dismiss the art style and how shitty the actual animation is, there is no reason to be watching anime in the first place. You might as well just watch the 2002 film (which is just as good anyways if not better sans the fact that they made Kong Cantonese for no reason).
>>
>>122976533
>"we're not a hivemind!"
>posts memes
>>
>>122976475
But /a/ likes alot of other anime that don't look great but have good plot and character development don't they? Is it just because ping pong is a 'sports' anime?
>>
>>122976498
They maybe liked it but never really rated it on the level it deserved. Was contender for anime of the year and at the very least anime of the season.
>>
>>122976586
There is a difference between not looking great and having such poor quality in-between frames that the characters don't even look human.
>>
>>122976557
Very cathartic. Everything else this season has just been entertaining. Ping pong actually tried to say things about life and people
>>
>>122976533
nice thumbnail, fag
>>
>>122976557
You could say the same about eva. I love eva though, and so does most of /a/. I know it's tough because there are no waifus or fan service but ping pong is just as life changing.
>>
>>122976650
Are you trying to say that my entertainment can be meaningful? Impossible! I want moe, tits and asses and tons of action in muh FUN entertainment.
>>
The manga was better.
>>
>>122976380
/a/ don't dislike it, there's lots of shitposters who loves to shitpost on it.
Most of them speak from the prejudice that is a pretentious series because muh Yuasa/art, etc. and spend their good times arguing with the fanbase, like any other series in /a/
>>
>>122976748
Sadly /a/ is basically overpopulated by waifu fags. Same reason why kaiji does not get the rap it deserves. Fucking hell get some integrity anons.
>>
>>122976618
/a/ and people that don't typically watch that much anime (i.e. normalfags) will latch onto any anime that somehow sets itself apart from shows that are typically popular. Weird character designs, western style music or opening, non-japanese setting, heavy satire, seemingly mature or deep themes, etc.

Show such as Space Dandy, Cowboy Bebop, Death Parade, Mushishit, Ping Pong, Sidonia all fall into these categories and get labeled as AOTS, masterpieces, or other titles they (for the majority) don't actually deserve.

This mainly stems from some close-minded thinking that a show having the qualities of traditionally popular shows such as cute character designs, SoL elements, etc must automatically be bad and are often dismissed before even being given a chance. These are among the same people that refuse to watch anything that they could label "moe-shit". They don't actually consider the positive or negative qualities of a show, but if it belongs to the former category and gives them anything they can use to assume the high-ground in taste, they'll eat it up.

Ping Pong is really nothing exceptional as far as sports manga goes other than the fact that it's quite shorter than most even with how long the show dragged on certain elements. Any good qualities it might have actually had are completely undermined by the horrendous animation and art style.
>>
File: bloodtasteslikeiron.gif (4MB, 604x340px) Image search: [Google]
bloodtasteslikeiron.gif
4MB, 604x340px
>>122976817
The manga does not have the blood pumping music though.
>>
>>122976748
>if you don't like what I like that means you only watch shows with waifus and fanservice in them
>>
/a/ has different opinions on everyting. There is no way to say all of /a/ likes this. Most of /a/ liked Ping Pong. Lurk more before saying we disliked it.
>>
The artstyle and animation are shit, it's like it was drawn by Koreans.
Also, it's a sports manga, of course some will hate it.
It's not even about an interesting sport like football, dodgeball or hockey.
>>
>>122976380
It saddens me to come into these threads and realize just how pathetic some people are.
>>
>>122976984
I like well done high school SoL though. Just like I like well done art. It all depends on the execution. Also you have that backwards. Normal fags and casual fags will prefer the standard simplistic shit that is popped out. Ping pong is hardly popular anon. Same with evangelion. Being different does not make you popular. Shit like sword art online is immensely popular with normies because it's the same simplistic slice of life/shounen shit. Thats why I thought if anyone would like ping pong, it would be on /a/.
>>
>>122976380
>dislike
If you made all of /a/ list their AOTY 2014 and tallied it up, Ping Pong would be in the top three. /a/ is not one person.
>>
File: life.jpg (89KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
89KB, 1366x768px
>>122977092
But thats the thing it's not even about the sport. I hate sports anime but I loved this. If you actually sit down and watch 11 episodes you will come to realize how it's more like tatami galaxy than anything else.
>>
>>122977166
I absolutely hated Tatami Galaxy but Ping Pong was a 9/10 for me
>>
>>122977031
I didn't say that but if thats what you think I'm implying it only proves the point.
>>
>>122976984
> Space Dandy, Cowboy Bebop, Death Parade, Mushishit, Ping Pong, Sidonia
There are at least two distinct fan groups there, though (three if you count whichever type of people think Sidonia is a masterpiece, as I haven't met any of them).
>>
>>122977192
They are both very bold anime. They are similar in the sense that they are coming of age cathartic anime.
>>
>grrrr why is /a/ not a hivemind!
>I want everyone to have the same taste as me!
>>
>>122976380
>his theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS7Rg089Qfk

;_____;
>>
>>122977253
>coming of age cathartic anime
I don't get why people like these.
I have a job and I like to come home and watch anime to relax, I don't need this life-resolving bullshit.
>>
>>122976380
>I thought the people here were not so superficial that they would disregard something because of how it looks.

/a/ wants to think of itself as the vanguard of all media , while in reality its full to its gills with shallow teenager rejects.

>>122976462
/thread
>>
>>122976380
It was okay.
>>
>>122977306
You don't want to pierce the heavens? And ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA!? Grit those teeth anon, don't give in to the daily grind.
>>
>>122976380
There is no consensus on this board. Just a bunch of fat, disgusting, japanophile neckbeards who want no creativity, just conformity from their cookie cutter pop culture consumption product of choice.
>>
>>122977389
10 hour workdays are the end of life and happiness
>>
>>122977347
Care to elaborate? Thank you for your constructive comment
>>
>>122977416
People that come to /a/ and complain about /a/ culture.

This shit always make me laugh its like a bunch of sandniggers coming to our country and try change our rules.
>>
>>122976938
>>122976932
>>122976646
>>122976618
>>122976586
>>122976576
>>122976498
>>122976462
>>122976453
>>122976380
>>122976380
As it's usual,you faggots are basing your opinions on what a vocal minority says and not on actual numbers or facts.
Go to any 3x3 thread for example and you'll see lots of people posting Ping Pong,Kaiji,Shinsekai Yori,Eva and other series that people usually shitpost
>>
>>122977493
About half those posts were agreeing with you, anon. Go the fuck to sleep.

Does anyone shitpost Kaiji, anyway?
>>
Direction is good.
Story is good.
Music is good.
I actually like the chara design.
What I dont like is the way Yuasa used skew perspective and deformed proportion. It is like the human and objects are made by liquid. It looks like shit.
>>
>>122976557
Because Yuasa dick suckers
>>
>>122977493

>Does anyone shitpost Kaiji, anyway?
Make a thread about at day time and you'll see

>Sleep
I really should
>>
>>122976380

Because smiles loses to that faggot. I dropped it half way as soon as someone spoiled me on the ending.
>>
>>122977603
obvious meant to>>122977547
>>
>>122977493
3x3 is filled with cancerous posts.
You wouldn't actually want to go near them and take their opinions seriously. 1 look at IP count and you would realize how they are actually the vocal minority.
>>
>>122977416
It's sad anon. Anime industry is lost.
>>
People shitpost about things that are popular/well-liked because it's a lot easier to rile people up that way. Therefore, inevitably, things that people like and consider quality get bashed into oblivion while things that people dislike/like for entertainment value (e.g. Guilty Crown/VVV effect) are comparatively speaking left alone.

That's not to imply that everyone actually loves it or anything; /a/ is not a hivemind also runs the other way. It's just that if you based your opinion on any show from the first ten posts in a thread about it, you'd have some seriously bizarre opinions.
>>
>>122977611
You are retarded.
>>
>>122976380
I don't think I've seen anyone on here say it is anything but great.
>>
>>122976380
It's a shitty-looking meme anime about fucking table tennis of all things.
All sports anime are inherently retarded but fuck me it's about fucking table tennis.
FUCKING TABLE TENNIS.
>>
>>122976984
Cool bullshit bro.
>>
>>122977120
I'm not arguing it makes it popular, I'm arguing it is what makes those kinds of shows labeled good.

You'd be hard to find any sane and cultured person who would call SAO well written.
>>
1. When it comes down to it, /a/ is just as shallow as any other anime site like MAL.
2. /a/ doesn't like anime for the most part. Someone will bitch at me for "using /v/ memes", but the attitude has been here for years. Many see it as a purely comfy/healing medium, and anything outside of those categoried is tryhard or pretentious.
>>
Only SnK,SAO and shounen jump kiddy hate Ping Pong.

Too bad thats most of /a/.
>>
>>122976984
That might be true in some cases, but it's pretty disingenuous to imply that the only reason said different shows are well-liked on /a/ is because of people trying to avoid "traditionally popular" shows and elements. That might be more believable if shows like YrYr, ARIA, and Sora no Woto didn't still have fairly rabid followings on /a/ years after the fact. That's not even going into idol territory.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.