[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are normalfags so bothered by sad anime (melodrama)? My

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 476
Thread images: 97

File: 27c4bf07ca3e89b82fd29be31bd4502b.jpg (89KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
27c4bf07ca3e89b82fd29be31bd4502b.jpg
89KB, 1920x1080px
Why are normalfags so bothered by sad anime (melodrama)?

My main value of an anime is if it can make me cry or not. I don't care if it's "edgy' or deep, and I don't care if the melodrama is great or not, I can get that shit from american tv shows so "melodrama" is something I can only get from Japanese dramas.

I only care if the melodrama is bad or not. Sometimes it's cringeworthy, or pulls you out of the moment, that is legitimate criticisms. But sometimes anons complain that drama anime/manga has "cheap drama" but who the hell cares? If it makes you cry, who cares if it is deep or not, or cheap or not, I just want to get from point A or B.

Also PA Works thread.
>>
>>122454604
>normalfags
Normalfags like melodrama. You're talking about /a/.
>>
I'm the same way, you should read Chumo Once Again (sometimes called Once Again, idk).

I LOVE crying. I am a crybaby IRL and I love reading a story that makes me cry.

But I also go through phases when I am feeling very very stressed out the last thing I want to do is get invested in the trauma of another. I want a happy and fluffy story. Normalfags, who have jobs, are much more likely to get that daily stress and anxiety and need a nice happy story to unwind.

My 2c.
>>
>>122454604
>crying
Faggot
>>122454891
Kill yourself
>>
>>122454963
>he goes cry regularly

look at this faggot over here.
>>
>>122454963

>Cyber-bully

you should read Vitamin its all about bullies (albeit not of the cyber variety).
>>
File: 42649873_big_p3.jpg (1MB, 1031x1282px) Image search: [Google]
42649873_big_p3.jpg
1MB, 1031x1282px
>>122454891
OP here.

I think normalfags, and wageslaves, are more likely to cry over stupid shit like the girl secretary at their job bullied them or they are a virgin. That is why they are so angry at melodrama. People like us, who are superior, don't cry very often, so we need decent melodrama to "trick" us into crying those theraupeutic tears.

Anyway, I enjoy it. As long as the character development and stuff is done right, I like melodrama, it's my favorite anime genre.
>>
>>122454604
Melodrama's really overrated. Tragedies and biting sarcasm are where it's at. If anything, normalfags love melodrama. I can't tell you all the normalfags who go on about how "sad Clannad is" or some shit like that.
>>
File: tomino.jpg (10KB, 126x148px) Image search: [Google]
tomino.jpg
10KB, 126x148px
>>122454981
>he goes cry regularly

>>122454604
Are you really saying it's some kind of glorious hipster thing to like melodrama? Really?
>>
>>122454981

I dont know if you meant this post for me, but I do cry regularly and I am not a male nor gay but I feel like its cathartic for me. When I am done crying I feel better. Crying together with fictional characters in particular makes me feel closer to them, I feel their pain kind of thing.

I'm already a sensitive person so I cry very easily IRL as well and yes that can be an issue. Like yes, when I was new to 4chan I cried a lot when I got called names but not as much now.

Chumo Once Again makes me sob every single time I read it.

I think any story that makes me cry is a good story at least for that moment.
>>
File: hBxJQjy.gif (652KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
hBxJQjy.gif
652KB, 500x277px
>>122455040
>tomino.jpg
>The man who wrote adventures of elpeo puru and ideon

Please, anon, are you trying?
>>
>>122455016
Except normalfags don't complain about melodrama. You're making shit up. It's /a/ that always talks about "forced drama".
>>
People who cry over Clannad are mentally challenged and should seek more education and story comprehension immediately.

Protip: The next time you see a Clannad thread, look at the posts.
Most of the posters have blatant misspellings in their posts. Capitalization and punctuation is forgotten, and Youtube-style idiocy is emphasized.

This exemplifies the low intelligence level of Clannad fans. It isn't without reason either.

Clannad is simply a story that was overly dramatic and tragic, a story that should've appealed to anyone with a sense of heart. However, most people have seen this strategy in the forms of books, movies, real life, or some other medium.
The dramatic, tragic story has been done many many times, and the single death of an over-dramatized "cute" characters should no longer affect the intellectual in a drastic way.

However, Clannad's target audience consists of 13 year old boys who have never experienced forms of higher literature or story. If one were to watch Clannad without having experienced stories with sadness in them, they would use Clannad as the base value for the genre. However, if one were more educated on the aspects of dramas and tragedies, one would regard Clannad as a poor attempt to appeal to their audiences.

Once the dramatic and tragic elements of Clannad are removed, the remaining dregs are composed of cute girls and pitiful comedic scenes. Essentially, this is what Clannad is to the educated and informed. A simple show which has no appeal whatsoever. However, to the uneducated, Clannad represents a new flavor of anime they have just experienced.

Although one can regard a new genre as wonderful, I would advise one to pursue more subjects of that genre. There is no point fawning over a single anime that broadcasted months or years ago. I would suggest that, instead of creating another Clannad thread, you should go watch some more anime. Or, better yet, you can always go read a book.
>>
>>122455016
>>122455068
This has to be a troll, right?
>>
>>122455086

My mother (very normalfag, 2.5 kids and a dog, white, middle class, etc) hates sad endings and only likes happy ones. Sad endings in general test badly among most of society.

I do stick by my theory that when you are feeling highly stressed/anxious you need something lighthearted to forget your worries. When you are very relaxed you need something sad to make you cry and feel.
>>
>>122454604
melodrama is entry norm tier

>>122455068
feel some pain and you won't cry again. you'll be more discerning when the bar is raised.
>>
>>122455097
What about people who can't speak proper english.
>>
I can't feel sad about forced drama and dumb misunderstandings. I have nothing against being made sad by something that feels more natural and happens to characters I care about.
>>
>>122454844
>Normalfags like melodrama
All of the ones I've met who know what anime is prefer edgy shounen. That's why they'll never consider a SoL show.
>>
>>122455103

Those are post by 2 different poster. I'm the 2nd and not a troll.

>>122455097

I didn't think this was a Clannad thread, OP pic is not of Clannad.

Clannad is sometimes very cheery and it can move very very very slow but it has its sad moments as well. I like the parent/child motifs in general and those relationships are ripe for tears. At least for me. Just all those parental relationships make me cry and listen to Cranberries' Ode to my Family.
>>
>>122455119
Titanic is the second best selling film of all time. Yup, normal people hate melodrama.
>>
>>122455181
>I'm not a troll.
And I actually have good tastes.

Saying so still doesn't make it true.
>>
File: why char, why.jpg (625KB, 853x1464px) Image search: [Google]
why char, why.jpg
625KB, 853x1464px
>>122455074
>what is a laughing reaction image
Anon pls

>>122455086
The only people who like melodrama are underage retards. Most people (be they from /a/ or otherwise) dislike it.
>>
>>122454844

This.
>>
>>122455191

Touche except ALL THE OTHER TOP TEN are not tragic at all. so thats what, 90% happy ending 10% tragic?

Rest my case. Case rested. The end. In general a tragic ending is considered a risk people will hate it, because if you are a stressed out normalfag with a horrible job and bills coming out your ass you want to relax and see some escapism. You don't want to see anything too sad.

Titanic is amazing on many levels and I won't go into them here because its not /tv/ But there's a reason why its the EXCEPTION and not the rule.
>>
>>122455236

Should I read Chumo Once Again and then do a vocaroo of my crying? Not sure how to prove I am not a troll.

But I promise you, yes I am a giant crybaby, yes I love to cry, especially crying over a good manga.
>>
the quality of anime should not be judged on its capacity for maudlin exploitations but for intellectual enlightenment

in this regard, there has never been a good anime
>>
>>122455333
These trips command You.
>>
>>122455068
>I'm already a sensitive person so I cry very easily IRL as well and yes that can be an issue. Like yes, when I was new to 4chan I cried a lot when I got called names but not as much now.
WHAHAHHAHA you fucking faggot

kill yourself
>>
>>122455341

Every reaction is a form of emotional enlightenment and no reaction is as deep as sobbing is. That is what we do when we are at our most exposed.. If something amazingly sad happens, you'd cry. If something amazingly happy happens, you'd cry. When you are angry to the core, you'd cry.

Tears are a sign of "I am feeling so much right now I don't know what else to do but make tears".

This emotional enlightenment is more true to ourselves than "intellectual" enlightenment, intellect flows forward from our emotional reactions.
>>
File: 1380452063822.png (174KB, 389x404px) Image search: [Google]
1380452063822.png
174KB, 389x404px
>>122455404
Exactly, I have cried for the reasons of "I am sad", "I am happy", "this is epic", "I have a mixture of emotions" or even "I find this funny". That is why my rank of favorite anime is not based on objective qualities but how hard I cried. Of my 3x3 choices only 2 I did not significantly cry to, at some point.
>>
File: 1381211867551.jpg (141KB, 668x717px) Image search: [Google]
1381211867551.jpg
141KB, 668x717px
Trying to extend the normalfag dichotomy to [any feature of shows I like] is retarded.

You want melodrama? Go watch a fucking soap opera. I'm sure your grandmother would appreciate being able to talk to you for a change.
>>
File: you mad.jpg (16KB, 253x303px) Image search: [Google]
you mad.jpg
16KB, 253x303px
>>122455404
>If something amazingly happy happens, you'd cry. When you are angry to the core, you'd cry.
This isn't how most people behave. Either that or you live in some real pansy country OP.
>>
Someone didn't watch his soap operas as a kid. This is no better.

You are the normalfag.
>>
>>122454604

It's really a very individual thing how one reacts to melodrama (be it well written or otherwise,) and I think it has little to do with how much of a "normalfag" you are.

Without blogging too hard, suffice it to say I am over 30, well-educated, and while I work at a comfortable professional job now, I spent several years as a NEET. I also come from a background where I lost a lot of friends and some family members to drugs/violence/illness etc. from a young age, and live in a place where I still lose friends and acquaintances to the insane heroin epidemic happening around here lately.

It doesn't bother me at all when it happens.

What do I tear up over? Today's episode of Shigatsu ha Kimi no Uso.

Even though I know it's not very well written. Even though I know it's rather generic and uses cheap tricks to tug at your heartstrings. Hell, even though I have already read the ending of the manga.

I don't know why melodramatic Jap cartoons get to me and real life shit doesn't even phase me, it just seems to be the way I work.
>>
>>122455915
>Without blogging too hard
>>
>>122456009

pretty generic details, not blogging any harder than others ITT. Relevant to the point at hand.
>>
File: drama melodrama.png (51KB, 631x787px) Image search: [Google]
drama melodrama.png
51KB, 631x787px
>>122454604
Drama is a good thing. Melodrama isn't.
>>
>>122454604
>My main value of an anime is if it can make me cry or not.
I'm the same. Except change "cry" into "entertain". And melodrama is not fun, but a cringeworthy parade of stuck-up people pretending to be living a life.
>>
>>122456128
Is the difference completely subjective? If it makes me cry is it still melodrama?
>>
>>122455915
>I don't know why melodramatic Jap cartoons get to me and real life shit doesn't even phase me

i have a similar experience in life
i suspect representational and limited art makes it easier to focus on the basic qualities of a story or happenings plus exaggerated style of anime ensures that when it hits home it hits hard
whereas all the excessive details and endless intertwining factors and observer/participant problem of real life makes appreciation impossible

this might mean i'm autistic
>>
>>122455068
Maybe that says something about the quality of your posts if you regularly get called names.
>>
>>122455307
A sad ending doesn't have to be melodramatic or tragic and more often than not it isn't.
>>
>>122455097
This shit has to be pasta
>>
File: bait.webm (398KB, 1280x720px)
bait.webm
398KB, 1280x720px
>>122455016
>People like us, who are superior
>>
Melodrama is that drama that is over the top and sucks.
>>
>Fuck this crazy fight is so awesome and epic what an amazing show.

>Fuck this girl is crying for like barely ANY reason what a shit show.
>>
>>122455016
You are quite literally the normalfag hipster cancer that is killing this place.
>>
>>122454604

That's stupid. You melodrama fags are stupid.
>>
File: Cool.jpg (122KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Cool.jpg
122KB, 640x960px
>>122456787
>Hipster normalfag
>>
File: melodrama.png (199KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
melodrama.png
199KB, 1920x1080px
And some of you people will still say that this place is not tumblr.
>>
File: NEET no work.png (146KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
NEET no work.png
146KB, 500x326px
>>122456787
>normalfag
>NEET
>>
>>122454604
>crying over shitgatsu wa kimoi no kuso
Seriously OP?
It is anything but sad. Nobody even care about the blondeslut. The only people that like this show are middle school 14years old going through their chuuni phase.

Ep4 of NNB alone generated more emotional attachment than the whole or shitgatsu.

OP you are the normalfag.
>>
>>122457011
That's all the same person you moron.
>>
>>122457019
neets have grown in numbers this generation and have gained an unwarranted amount of self-importance and have no understanding of the world or principles and bully everyone else from a position of ignorance

they are the chads of the internet
>>
>>122457019
Doing something because you find it so very hip and cool and masturbating over how special you are, is exactly what makes you a normalfag hipster.
>>
File: y you too.jpg (226KB, 960x400px) Image search: [Google]
y you too.jpg
226KB, 960x400px
>>122457021
>OP
I dropped it on episode 09
The episode with the edgy mom, it was too much for me and I couldn't take it.

However, the other week I started watching it again starting from that episode, which still sucked but I liked the rest and it was pretty neat to see the parellels between that guys mom and his not-gf.

I cried a couple times and I don't feel bad.

I could put myself in his shoes, sure I never had gf but imagine falling in love with someone exactly like your mom, who is a cunt and then being presented with that "what the fuck" moment when you realize she's basically your mom, I liked that it was pretty cool.

Much better than lolis in the country or lolis speaking english or other moe SoL. Although those are okay too, they just don't do as much for me.
>>
>>122457042
>I'm the same person as OP
what?
>>
>Normalfags
>Not liking melodrama

why the fuck do you think soap operas are so popular?
>>
>>122457021
>It is anything but sad. Nobody even care about the blondeslut. The only people that like this show are middle school 14years old going through their chuuni phase.
Well, it is a shounen after all.
>>
>>122457081
I don't give a fuck who you are retarded tripfag.
>>
>>122454604
>so "melodrama" is something I can only get from Japanese dramas.
4chan is a board for 18+

You shouldn't be here.
>>
>>122457103
That tripfag showed more intelligence and self-awareness than them, if anything.
>>
>>122454844
I'd like a source on that
>>
>>122457042
I am only the person who posted shigatsu and angel beats images.
>>
>>122457019
>I'm an otaku and I'm proud!
>>
>>122455097
I can imagine how hard you tipped your hat while typing this
>>
File: NEET awesome.jpg (143KB, 1224x711px) Image search: [Google]
NEET awesome.jpg
143KB, 1224x711px
>>122457137
Honestly no. I don't care about "otaku" designation, I am a traditional white American and proud, I just like anime that makes me cry and feel things I wouldn't feel in real life. (true love, innocence, suffering not of my own invention etc.)
>>
>>122455016
I agree. Unironically.
>>
>>122455915
iktf bro...maybe I'm depressed or something, but I really relate to one of the show's themes of how special people can transform your life, as though a perpetual grey filter has been removed from your sight. Just the basic idea of the show, having something beautiful and transformative be necessarily transient, really resonates with me. I'm probably a bit emotionally stunted, but I'd like to think that I'm well-educated and self-aware enough not to be delusional in my appreciation for the show.
>>
>>122455068
You know what, anyone who can admit such a thing to /a/ is quite brave indeed.

It's like walking into the tough guy bar and announcing "I used to be scared of you guys!" Except with less potential injury.
>>
>>122457168
Life is suffering enough. Why do we need to experience even more suffering in 2d?
Are guys this masochistic?

I just wish the mods were awake so they could delete this thread.
>>
>>122457226
>feels
God this thread is awful

>>122457268
>anyone who can admit such a thing to /a/ is quite brave indeed
>brave
No they're crybaby manchild who needs to grow up instead of blogging about their blabbing.
>>
>>122457276
Everyone hates them because they are horrible human beings, so they have never experienced anything in their live, so all they can do is pretend over some shitty melodrama and talk about how glorious it is.
>>
File: 1414551507725.jpg (28KB, 318x405px) Image search: [Google]
1414551507725.jpg
28KB, 318x405px
>>122457168
>I am a traditional white American and proud
>I just like anime that makes me cry and feel things I wouldn't feel in real life. (true love, innocence, suffering not of my own invention etc.)

Really?

Really, /a/?
I knew we've reached the bottom since a few years, but this is just scraping to go further down.
>>
>>122456787
Stop trying so hard to fit in retard
>>
>>122457783
You might wanna say that to the baby that made a whole thread trying to justify his watching of melodrama and how he is the master race and how normies will never understand.
>>
>>122454844
Exactly. /a/ hates drama and depressing anime because it brings them back to their own shitty depressing realities while normies revel in it
>>
I don't know why you think shows that are supposed to make you cry and then don't are for you.

if you aren't touched by them, they clearly aren't and you should just consider staring at a wall for all it's worth to you.
>>
>>122457818
On the contrary, I enjoy some drama because the neet life is fucking boring, and so is watching the same type of shit all the time.
>>
>>122458038
I know that all the kids in this thread might wanna make you express your underage wishes about the hugbox, but you just end up sounding like an underage kid.
>>
>>122458106
that's very cute, honey
>>
File: Takanashi what.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Takanashi what.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>122458081
>I enjoy some drama because the neet life is fucking boring
So get a job then.
>>
File: 1381297285806.gif (579KB, 351x291px) Image search: [Google]
1381297285806.gif
579KB, 351x291px
>>122458142
Nice one
>>
>>122458081
>On the contrary, I enjoy some drama because the neet life is fucking boring
You're that much of a failure you need surrogate, fake drama about imaginary people to make you feel something you think it's how real people feel.
Do you realize how utterly insane this is? And you come here thinking this is your not-normalfag hugbox?
You're delusional on all possible levels.
>>
post good sad anime
pic related
>>
>>122458203
Isn't this the point of pretty much all works of fiction? To participate in something imaginary because it is different from real life?
>>
>>122454604

Because melodrama feels weird and cheesy in anime. I'll stick with superior arthouse films for that. Anime is for fun.
>>
>>122458273
They're calling you out for being an autistic retard who hides in their basement while seeking out fiction about what life outside is. And they're right.
>>
Yes, yes, body genres.
If you're fine with exploitation than who cares.
>>
>>122458203
The fuck are you on about? I said I was bored, and watching the same kind of happy shit over and over gets old, so its better to mix things up sometimes. This is opposed opposed to hating any kind of drama because it reminds me of some soul crushing depression I'm supposedly feeling according to the post I quoted. Could you be any more of an over exaggerating faggot, or are you just projecting?
>>
>>122458273
>Isn't this the point of pretty much all works of fiction?
Not at all.
Fairy Tales, Operas, Thrillers and SoL are all different genres with different narrative standards, formulas and purposes.
Some people strive to make their works life-like while others don't, the reader/listener/viewer interpretation is another bridge in communication that when crossed might or might not radically change the creator's message.

This is basic science of communication principle.
>>
File: myhdock.png (1MB, 1439x793px) Image search: [Google]
myhdock.png
1MB, 1439x793px
Japanese tragedy plots are often convoluted and don't really add anything

Look at shield bro and his fat Tanuki. What does that ending add to the story? What was the point in the story at all? What are we suppose to take away from it? That the author has a case of college student narcissism?
>>
>>122455176
>SoL
>drama
pick one
>>
>>122454604
So many edgelords ITT lmao
>>
File: 3197.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3197.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
I'm not, I loved Ano Hana but this isn't cutting it for me.

The way the author puts everything across and Tsubaki is just all done completely wrong. If it was between Kousei and Kaori then I could get with it but this retarded love square is pointless.
>>
>>122458365
>i'm from /v/ and base my opinion on what people told me
ok
>>
>>122458203
>>122458326
How fucking new are you? Holy shit
It's like you don't know where you are
>>
>>122458521
I've been of 4chins for 8 years, not all of us are failures who live off their government neetbux in their parents basement you know?
Now fuck off.
>>
>>122458600
Yeah sure thing faggot, keep pretending
Why aren't you doing something useful than?
>>
I just want to watch cute girls doing cute things or cool guys doing cool things, I dont need or want to be reminded of how much of a failure I am.
>>
>>122455097
I'm undecided on how clever this is. I actually agree with this in general, though the pasta elements woven into it make it seem less sincere. The fact that such a large number of anime fans, on /a/, MAL, Reddit and what have you, all consider Clannad:AS to be a masterpiece, with barely any opposition outside of the most self claimed patrician circles, is a very strange happening to me. Call it 'forced drama' or whatever, but the series goes excessive lengths to take utterly bland, badly defined and will-less characters who only respond to things in the most dramatically convenient and exaggerated ways, and shoves them in for of the viewer in a manor that would make many soapies blush. To see people proud that they cried to it (frequently when they claim that nothing else would), I don't know what to make of it.
>>
>>122455068
>btw im a gurl
Fuck off
>>
>>122458521
You don't have the mentality that makes you a proper anon. You are just a stupid kid.
>>
>>122458521
>actually believing most of /a/ are worthless losers
Surprise! A lot of people are normal here too.

Do you take the whole waifu thing seriously as well? Because you seem like the sort of newfag who would.
>>
>>122458600
>>122458659
>le true scotsman face
Fuck off
>>
>>122458600
>someone who doesn't work his ass at least 8h a day is considered a failure
This is what normalfags actually believe.
>>
>>122458692
>saying that in a thread started with "Why are normalfags" by a braindead child
>>
Really, what the fuck is happening with /a/ lately? We used to just have the occasional laugh about normalfags and be on our way, but recently that /r9k/ frogshit is seeping into everywhere, and people can't stop screaming "NORMIES" in every fucking thread.
>>
>>122458470
I watch tons of fucking shoujo. SoL is almost all otaku focused shit that lacks the good qualities even that has. I'm the last person to be against the idea of slice of life in general, but it i a garbage genre outside of the few sincere things like Azumanga.
>>
>>122454604
>/a/ shits on this show while the same people are probably hyped for the new shitty KyoAni music Anime
Holy shit wow
>>
>>122458714
>We used to just have the occasional laugh about normalfags and be on our way, but recently that /r9k/ frogshit is seeping into everywhere, and people can't stop screaming "NORMIES" in every fucking thread.

The problem is that in recent years autistic neets have become the majority of the userbase in the popular boards and think this is their hugbox where they can feel protected, they're literally like those american feminists, but instead of screaming RAAAAAPE they scream NORMALFAAAAAAGS when someone points out the truth.
>>
>>122456128
Is the person writing that supposed to be an idiot?
>>
>>122458714
/a/ right now is a combination of exactly that hipster normals and even more hipster normals (/r9k/). People that are such trashes that no one wants them, so they go in whatever community the can find to pretend they are special, without caring about the reason it exists and just jurking off thanks to the social interactions they get from it.
>>
>>122458723
Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>122458666
>Do you take the whole waifu thing seriously as well
I thought most people here do because you fags always sperg out whenever someone posts that waifuism video and how he's wrong

I really believe most people are sincere about it
>>
File: 1415051737337.jpg (117KB, 1014x716px) Image search: [Google]
1415051737337.jpg
117KB, 1014x716px
>>122458782
>The problem is that in recent years autistic neets have become the majority of the userbase
I'm not siding with them, but you do realize they used to be the main userbase before we "normalfags" got here? It's just in the recent few years where reddit/tumblr retards think they're welcome. It's like people on other boards complaining about /a/ reaction images, aka something that's been present from the beginning.
>>
>>122458714
>>122458782
yeah notice how people get mad here every time you mention your gf or friends
>>
/a/ is salty lately because there hasn't been a good anime in a few years

that's the only reason really
>>
>>122458802
>I really believe most people are sincere about it
>>
>>122458844
You mean normalfags getting upset because they can't get their bebop mk2 or action cartoons right?
>>
>>122458909
>bebop mk2
They did it was shit.
>>
>>122458878
>>
>>122458909
normalfags got their bebop mk2 with dandy and ackshun tunes with klk
the normalfags are contented

as before: /a/ is salty lately because there hasn't been a good anime in a few years
>>
>>122458878
Wait, did that guy transplant himself into Absolute Duo? I recall he was the second vampire or something.
>>
File: m8innit.jpg (49KB, 526x533px) Image search: [Google]
m8innit.jpg
49KB, 526x533px
If anime makes you cry you're a fucking faggot.

The only value anime has is in entertaining people.
>>
>>122458928
Both dandy and klk were shit
>>
>>122458841
There's a difference between the old userbase wink wink nudge nudge NEET and OP's autism NEET.
>>
>>122458936
I cried bitch tears to the ending on Dennou Coil and the entirety of that Death Para episode.
>>
>>122458841
Normalfaggotry is not some sort of state about what you are doing right now with your life. Are you in your basement, or are you outside working and studying.

It is a matter of way of thinking, of your basic mentality. Of the things you like, the reasons you like them and the things you find acceptable. One of the most important signs of normalfaggotry is how little they care about things, for example anime. They just use places like /a/ to get their social interactions, so they don't die from loneliness and being unaccepted by anyone. Something a proper anon would not care about, but just try to contribute with something of value. Instead it has become a cult of the self and what a special snowflake you try to be, just like tumblr, I am on the internet I am so cool, just like reddit. They don't really hold anything dear other than their own ego.
>>
>>122458936
I don't cry I'm a strong man you're all faggots

Anime can do whatever you want you close minded faggot
Oh wait you unironically enjoy moeshit so your opinion doesn't matter
>>
>>122458944
either you don't understand me or you're implying /a/ is comprised of normalfags
>>
How many people here sodo you think have legit autism?
>>
>>122458978

"Moeshit" is what you watch when you grow up, son.

>unironically

Whenever this word is used in a post I know the poster is either a faggot or a troll, and probably both.
>>
>>122458968
Normalfag is just a meaningless buzzword, it has always been
>>
>>122458841
>but you do realize they used to be the main userbase before we "normalfags" got here?
I don't remember /a/ being that overly fixated with moeshit when I came to 4chan, we used to talk about different stuff more often and even the old regular threads about Fate or other shit have changed drastically over the years, the only thing that maybe is still the same are EVA threads, except that now there's even more butthurt thanks to Rebuild.
and this>>122458963, back then not only we used to joke on it, we could even get serious talk about it without becoming overly defensive faggots that loathe on normalfags 24/7.
Normalfags weren't even considered back in the days, you could crack a joke or two about them and that was it, now it's one of the far too many boogeymen of 4chan together with feminists, Tumblr and Reddit, it's excessive, annoying and pathetic.
>>
>>122459032
Nice defense mechanism degenerate

"Moeshit" is what you watch when you grow up
Only if you're retard with no quality standards
>>
>>122459032
Cartoons are what you stop watching when you grow up, yet here we are.
>>
File: constandead.jpg (25KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
constandead.jpg
25KB, 250x250px
>>122454604
>or deep, and I don't care if the melodrama is great or not,
>I only care if the melodrama is bad or not.

am I the only one who noticed this? 130+ replies? seriously?
>>
>>122459032
Kill yourself
>>
>>122458844
>>122458928
>there hasn't been a good anime in a few years
Only because /a/ shits on everything that is not boring aimless slice of life comedy
>>
>>122459059
>>122459083
>>122459231

Keep the asspain flowing, nerds.
>>
Normalfags love melodrama what the fuck are you talking about. They especially like it when people die melodramatically. sao sgk, akame, this show etc. People like us on the other hand commonly enjoy shows shows so devoid of real drama that normal people have no interest in them, like all the little girl moe shows. /a/ is also the only english place that likes those shows so it's obvious that people into them would congregate here, while there are plenty of alternatives for the normalfag stuff
>>
>>122459269
>le butthurt maymay
You are a degenerate with shit taste, there is no point in arguing that
>>
File: 1416748142505.jpg (41KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1416748142505.jpg
41KB, 479x720px
>this whole thread
>>
>>122459217
I stopped reading after
guess most people did.
>>
>>122458714
the /pol/ us vs them cancerous mindset metastasized into the rest of 4chan. now everything is a fight against the people who are out to get us
>>
File: 1010235.png (87KB, 434x298px) Image search: [Google]
1010235.png
87KB, 434x298px
>>122455016
Jesus christ.
>>
File: kyousougiga 07b.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kyousougiga 07b.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>>122459297
>degenerate
>>>/pol/

Could you be trying any harder to fit in or what?
>>
File: 1425811358846.jpg (80KB, 400x400px)
1425811358846.jpg
80KB, 400x400px
>>122455016
Holy fuck this post has to be ironic.
>>
>>122454604
How close are we to the end btw?
>>
This thread reeks of special snowflaking and once again proves how the word "normalfag" has completelty lost its meaning and become another buzzword newfags use to "insult" someone who disagree with their opinion and biases.
>>
File: Shiki.jpg (210KB, 1200x1373px) Image search: [Google]
Shiki.jpg
210KB, 1200x1373px
>>122454604
see
>>122458307
>>122456128
Most anime is just bad at drama. Most of the Japanese entertainment industry can't into subtlety, so when they try for sadness it just comes off as exaggerated, campy melodrama.

For anyone not extremely used to it (as well as a lot of the people who are used to it) it quickly becomes impossible to take it seriously enough to feel profoundly sad. I remember when my mom decided she wanted to watch an episode of Fate/Zero with me and she was cracking up at the part where Zouken shows Kariya how Sakura was being wormed.
>>
>Why are normalfags so bothered by sad anime (melodrama)?
I think you mean the retards on /a/ who fall for the whole 'forced drama' troll.

There's good drama and badly written drama, just like anything else. The people who apply the forced drama buzzword to everything unconditionally are trying very hard to fit in by using /a/ lingo.

It doesn't exactly help that all the autistic Chris-chans that have been wondering into 4chan over the years have turned this place into a complete shithole. People blame the normalfag boogieman, which is complete bullshit. Normalfags don't care about shitting up a chinese cartoon imageboard all day, the only people that do this are these faggots. Endlessly clashing with one another all day over pointless nitpicking and misunderstandings because they can't understand nonverbal queues over the goddamn internet of all places.
>>
>>122461358
This close
>>
>>122461788

There's no such thing as good anime drama.
>>
File: 1422225150461s.jpg (3KB, 124x118px) Image search: [Google]
1422225150461s.jpg
3KB, 124x118px
>>122461869
>I only consume 20 shows a season of currently airing rubbish
>>
>>122461914
Not him but fuck you got me.
>>
>>122458782
>in recent years
you mean since 2007?
>>
>>122459039
are you trying to rewrite history? cause I remember it being worse back then than now.
>>
Because if it's cheap, shitty and cringeworthy it doesn't make you cry. If genre fiction cartoons aimed at kids and horny shut-ins make you cry you have shit taste. Anyone with half a brain won't be able to get so much into it that it makes them cry.

>>122455119
>>122455307
It's not a normalfag thing, it's a 'murrica thing. Americans love action and happy endings, they won't buy anything they consider boring or sad.
>>
File: The-Wire.jpg (351KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
The-Wire.jpg
351KB, 1280x720px
>>122454604
American television is better than any anime that will ever be released, now and forever.
>>
>>122455151
>not knowing how to speak a language
>trying to discuss niche topics with that language

If you were in a wheelchair, would you take the stairs or the elevator?
>>
>>122462171
yeah I heard they won't make del torro's take on mountain of madness unless it either had a happy ending or a romantic subplot
del toro refused so its not getting made.
>>
>>122456256
Yes anon. What you're dealing with if that happens is called 'Your own shit taste'.

Look at it this way: all those normalfags you hate all cried watching Twilight or Titanic or The Notebook or whatever. You're no different.
>>
>>122458222
Normalfags are just people who come here to tell us why watching anime is bad and how they slayed over 9000 pussy last weekend. For some reason the word came mean "anyone that doesn't shit their pants in their parents basement" in recent years.

Most people on /a/ try to lead somewhat normal lives, hence the whole obsession we have with hiding our powerlevels and whatnot.
>>
File: tony_soprano_finale.jpg (18KB, 620x368px) Image search: [Google]
tony_soprano_finale.jpg
18KB, 620x368px
>>122462174

This is true, but I find more anime that I like than television shows I like.

It's just that American television that's actually good is very, very good.

Pic related.
>>
File: poipoipoi1.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
poipoipoi1.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>122461914

Anime is good entertainment, it's not good drama.

There's a difference, you fucking moron.
>>
>>122462263
That quote wasn't supposed to happen.
Not a bad post to misquote though
>>
>>122462263
The best part is that almost all instances of 'normalfags' appearing on /a/ is regulars trying to troll.

>>122462294
Indeed. For every Sopranos there's two Big Bang Theories and for every The Wire there's a Dads, Two And a Half Men, a 10 minute lecture from The Newsroom and a Honey Boo Boo. At least anime's consistent with its mediocrity.
>>
File: 1397343524476.jpg (35KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1397343524476.jpg
35KB, 852x480px
>>122462174
>>122462294
Only because they are confident enough to kill main characters off and give it a decent ending.
Plus they make the drama parts pretty interesting where Japan is fucking shit at it.
>>
>>122454604
No, OP. You are the normalfags.
>>
File: 1337085417422.gif (3MB, 167x190px) Image search: [Google]
1337085417422.gif
3MB, 167x190px
>>122462174
>said that as posting the wire
>>
>>122462403
the anime industry needs some sort of HBO channel to break out of its rut. Unfortuantely most high budget anime would probably turn into Miyazaki-esque family friendly shit.
>>
>>122462294
>>122462174
I don't get why you people need tens of seasons to tell a story
>>
File: 1399935814400.gif (3MB, 303x333px) Image search: [Google]
1399935814400.gif
3MB, 303x333px
>>122462433
>trying to bait this hard
What's your favourite tv show?
>>
>>122454604
>ITT: I don't know the meaning of the word melodrama
>>
>>122458326
And?
>>
>>122462486
The Wire wasn't just one story.

I'd argue that anime would be better off without the seasonal system but most anime probably wouldn't be able to sustain more than 4 seasons at most of storytelling.
>>
File: sadww1.jpg (86KB, 760x535px) Image search: [Google]
sadww1.jpg
86KB, 760x535px
>>122462367

I think a big part of it is that the US has a lot more variety when it comes to entertainment styles and writing than Japan has ever had.

There's a lot of similarity between anime, Japanese cinema, Japanese video games, etc. when it comes to the stories they tell, the characters they contain, and the themes they reach for.

I mean, people talk about anime not having any subtlety, but that's almost all Japanese media in general.

I enjoy anime specifically for its escapist qualities anyway.
>>
>>122454604
>>
>>122462486
The Wire had fewer episodes than LoGH had. A shorter running time too, if you do the math.
>>
This is literally shitposters, crossboarders, and retards: the thread.
>>
File: 1400542452133.gif (938KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1400542452133.gif
938KB, 500x281px
>>122462486

If anime actually consistently adapted the material it was based on, it'd take about 12 years for the average anime to wrap itself up, with big gaping holes between seasons.

But instead, we get halfhearted attempts that doom a good start to a shit ending so that everything will fit into a set season.
>>
File: p2Gxdkl.gif (2MB, 384x282px) Image search: [Google]
p2Gxdkl.gif
2MB, 384x282px
>>122462569
Yeah I'm not talking about enjoying anime since it's already pretty obvious that I do, since I'm posting here.

I just want to understand it better, I suppose. From my perspective.

>>122462605
Well, what do you want to talk about? It's not like crossboarding and being mentally deficient is illegal. Shitposting is easy to ignore.
>>
>>122462593
/a/ watches long anime only in rare cases. Don't generalize most of the anime to be 100+ episodes.
>>
So wait. If I cried while watching Aria this means it's shit and not fun anime?
>>
>>122462714
yes that is exactly what it means
>>
>>122461303
I can only see you trying to fit in with your awful taste
>>
Why isn't this thread deleted yet?
>>
File: ariasluts.jpg (350KB, 850x592px) Image search: [Google]
ariasluts.jpg
350KB, 850x592px
>>122462714

Aria being shit and not fun means it's shit and not fun anime, actually.
>>
So a normalfag is just someone who has a different opinion from me, yes?
>>
>>122462605
>crossboarders

Literally nothing wrong with that, shitposter-kun.
>>
>no panty shots
>no tryhard pretentious bullshit
>no fanservice
>no squeeling underage lolis
>no giant robots
>no tsundere characters and beta males with a harem
>no wish-fulfillment bullshit for otaku scum
>no cliches

Spirited Away is barely an anime, it's more of a superior Western cartoon that both children and parents can enjoy.
And Miyazaki was completely right about anime in general being a mistake.
>>
>>122462678
I think the problem with this, ironically enough, is that nobody takes anime that seriously. Most entertainment executives see it as a glorified TV ad, and it's not like the author's going to see much of that advertisement money. It'll help him, but more in a marketing sense as he sells more LNs or manga.

>>122462706
LoGH is not your average show. It's probably the best anime to have ever been made, and is treated similarly to how tv fans treat The Wire (with respect). That's the basis of my assumption. Of course, this only counts if you consider both shows the apotheoses of their respective mediums.
>>
>>122462774
When they continue to act like they are on a different board, yes, it is.
>>
File: thumbsup.gif (718KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.gif
718KB, 200x200px
>>122462751
Basically.
>>
>>122462833
>It's probably the best anime to have ever been made
Alright I'm done reading.
>>
>>122462930
What's your favourite anime?
>>
>>122462810
Anime means Japanese animation. Just that. No particular artstyle/genre/whatever.
>>
File: fatcontroller.jpg (38KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
fatcontroller.jpg
38KB, 500x400px
>>122462833
>It's probably the best anime to have ever been made

Jesus Christ, people really need to stop saying this and actually watch the series itself.

It's incredibly flawed and has plenty of poor writing, its visual direction is horrifically bland and derivative, and its battle sequences are insufferably sloppy and outright poor.

If anything, it's an example of what not to translate into animation. It's definitely a good show (if only for the great characters that are mistreated by being put into such a mediocre production), but the pinnacle of anime?God fucking no.
>>
>>122463044
What is the best anime then? No show is perfect.

I certainly know what I like, and LoGH fits that to the tee.
>>
>>122461974
The type of users that poster identified are not the same as the NEETs or average joes that have always been on 4chan in coexistence. Normalfaggotry has been actively discouraged because it is the complete opposite of everything that the board stands for. It's not a blanket term used to describe anybody that leaves their room or has a job, it's a label for shitty people that subscribe to shitty mentalities such as putting 'getting laid' on a pedestal or looking down on anything and anyone that are not considered normal or socially acceptable. These people have no reason to be on /a/ of all places and are rightfully issued a resounding 'fuck off'.

The autistic NEETs being referred to that are the problem are the diaper shitting, single digit IQ, mental degenerates who have seeped in over the years that get overly sensitive and blow up every time some idiot brings up their job, friends, or the fact that they leave their basement. Instead of ignoring and reporting their off-topic posts, they respond by shitposting relentlessly with frogs and outbursts about 'normies' that cause entire threads to devolve into pointless shitflinging that has nothing to do with anime or manga. It's far from being the only thing decreasing the quality of the board, but it's something that is clearly apparent.
>>
>>122463010
FUCKING
TRICKED
>>
>>122462844
>2015
>getting anally devastated about dank memes while reposting "Wy does she sit like that" for the millionth time

Cry some more shitter.
>>
>>122462344
You need to watch more anime before making a sweeping generalization like that, you low powerlevel seasonal shitter.
>>
>>122463149
I know it's bait.
But I'm sure there are some people on this board think like that. So I clarify this term for them.
>>
File: genchandani1.jpg (55KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
genchandani1.jpg
55KB, 704x400px
>>122462810
>>no cliches

Are you fucking serious?

There are plenty of cliches.

It's a totally great movie, but it reuses all sorts of ideas. The fact that the little bitch escapes the horrible witchland brothel at all, while being helped by the staff, is a cliche in itself.
>>
File: 1423265788176.jpg (70KB, 1400x315px)
1423265788176.jpg
70KB, 1400x315px
>2015
>still thinking that anime has any sort of artistic or intellectual merit

Anime is only good as brainless entertainment and can never hope to match Western cinema or literature in terms of worth.
>>
File: cocoalewdbitch.png (487KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cocoalewdbitch.png
487KB, 1024x1024px
>>122463207

What, 300+ series not counting movies and OVA series isn't enough to learn that anime is terrible when it comes to drama?

Oh, right, I forget that most of you are completely unfamiliar with any sort of storytelling outside of anime or manga.
>>
Congratulations /a/. It's like I'm on reddit or /v/. Keep up the good work.
>>
>>122462569
>US has a lot more variety when it comes to entertainment styles and writing than Japan has ever had.
If that were actually true I'd be watching more US shows anon but here I am struggling to find new stuff to pick up from their line ups while anime and manga chip away at my bandwidth quota like it ain't no thing. Last new show that grabbed my attention was Galavant and that was a scant 8 episodes with little hope of renewal.
>>
>>122463440
Cry more newshit.
>>
File: 564564645665.jpg (42KB, 295x433px) Image search: [Google]
564564645665.jpg
42KB, 295x433px
>>122463368
Komeiji pls, I see you hiding under there without a trip.

Please, tell us all about how you're a seasoned critic of superior mediums and how amazing visual novels are the pinnacle of Japanese entertainment.
>>
>everyone shits on any other anime/manga with brief drama moments
>everyone is defending Shitgatsu for going full retard with its cheap crap
>>
>>122458796
Proving it wrong, that is
>>
>>122463488

That doesn't mean a thing. All that implies is that you happen to like anime and manga more than American stuff, which is fine.
>>
>>122463331
You mean those books written by 16 yo girls that somehow gets released or 90% of movies that hollywood produces nowadays? Shitty anime is shit but it isn't that shitty.
>>
File: alittlegay1.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
alittlegay1.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>>122463527

But I think visual novels are utter shit.

It's incredible that you think there can't be more than one person that recognizes that anime sucks at drama.
>>
File: 1418845764561.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1418845764561.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>122463331
>No anime can be good! It all has to be shit like mine!
>>
>>122463747
>seriously thinking that anime is anything but mindless entertainment

Weeb alert.
>>
>>122463747
>frogshit
>>
File: 1420751754381.png (561KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1420751754381.png
561KB, 1280x720px
>>122455016
dis nigga
>>
>>122463841
There are definitely series that are more significant and memorable than others. You just watch garbage and excuse it with "well it's all dumb anyway haha".
>>
>>122454844
>1 person is /a/
Wrong.
Also it's because Japs suck at drama and usually do the same Soap opera shit they've been doing since the 80s.
>>
>mfw all the autists are averse to the classic drama genre of tragedy because they are incapable of feeling

Seriously guys, I know you'd rather have your sexual dysfunction catered to with fan service or gawp at wicked awesome fights, but melodrama is a legit branch of storytelling, perhaps the most so as it addresses human problems of how fundamentally crap everything is.

It's bad enough that the western world no longer produces good melodrama, now you want to try and foist that degenerate view on eastern media as well?
>>
>>122463649
You're missing the cause and effect. I like anime and manga more than american stuff because there's a much wider variety of stories to be had from the japanese side. American tv does have some really nice gems popping up once in a while but the majority of it consists of subpar dramas, procedurals and sitcoms that can't seem to help but recycle premises until they land good enough casts and production crews that let them live for more than a single season.
>>
>>122464108
>Soap opera shit
Why is this buzzword so notorious lately?
>>
>>122463368
You're a silly man Komeiji.

Most of the English speaking people here will have lived in the western world and been exposed to a ton of it's media before having been exposed to anime and manga some time in their early adolescence. They have plenty of experience with western media and so a decent point of comparison with anime and manga.
>>
>>122463331
Name one Hollywood blockbuster in the past year that can be said to have any sort of artistic or intellectual merit.

Hell, at least the better animes have artistically interesting visual design and unorthodox story from a western standpoint. Western cinema has degenerated a very great deal since the golden era of the 70s/80s/90s when we still produced popular work with artistic integrity.
>>
>>122463331
This sort of attitude is fucking cancerous, you are what's wrong with this board you retarded manchild
>>
>>122462968
>>122463066
No answer, what a surprise
>>
>>122464271
If it's not shounen then it's obviously shit. Welcome to nu-neo-/a/
>>
>>122464455
Boku no Pico
>>
>>122464455
"Best anime" is a childish term only a teenager would use.
>>
>>122463560
Whatever help you sleep at night.
>>
>>122454604
But normalfags fucking love melodrama, OP. There are different varieties of shit eaters and you're one of them.
>>
>>122464412
>taking anime seriously
>calling other manchildren

I see someone still hasn't outgrown their weeaboo phase.
>>
>>122454604
>I only watch things that make me cry
Faggot
>>
>>122464514
Ebin

>>122464514
Go back to /v/
>>
>>122463331
>muh anime is shit because it's not pretentious pseudo intellectual bullshit
How many Fedoras do you own?
>>
>>122464761
Could you be any more of a tryhard newshit?
>>
>>122464761
for a hentai title the production values in boku no pico were really good,
its too bad well never get anything with loli that good.
>>
>>122464508
>nu-neo-/a/
Fuck off with that cancer
Also shitposting towards shounen also exist.
>>
File: 1413514857723.jpg (515KB, 1003x1003px) Image search: [Google]
1413514857723.jpg
515KB, 1003x1003px
>there are people on /a/ RIGHT NOW who actually cry at anime

Don't tell me that I share this board with effeminate 15 year old fags and women.
>>
>>122464508
Adding more prefixes to your already bullshit wont make it more credible /v/-kun.
>>
File: 1420230218800.jpg (67KB, 500x491px)
1420230218800.jpg
67KB, 500x491px
>>122464558
>>122463331
Why are you here?
Is it some kind of autosadism?
>>
>>122454604
>how to spot someone who have been on /a/ since last summer
>>
>>122464857
>hurr durr If you have emotions you are a faggot

Found the autist!
>>
File: welcome home.jpg (83KB, 1181x405px) Image search: [Google]
welcome home.jpg
83KB, 1181x405px
The only anime to ever make me cry was Gunbuster
>>
>>122463331
You are the reason why Anime fans are and will always be seen as the worthless scum of society
Congratulations
>>
>>122464558
You shouldn't be using words you don't understand
>>
>>122464976
Confirmed for immature crybaby.

>>122465140
Why does this bother you?
Are you some kind of faggot who lets his powerlevel spill out?
>>
>>122463331
Oh hey, it's the same guy who was on that other thread. Is this a ebin new /v/ meme?
>>
File: db2.gif (263KB, 600x903px) Image search: [Google]
db2.gif
263KB, 600x903px
>I didn't cry to Sword Art Online
>>
>>122465140
No, the people who take anime seriously and think that it's a valid medium are the reason why everyone hate anime fans.
This kind of attitude is why both anime and anime fans are hated and despised even in Japan.
>>
>>122465244
It's a brand new /a/ meme.
>>
>>122465140
How is that a bad thing?
>>
File: smug lain.png (101KB, 490x480px) Image search: [Google]
smug lain.png
101KB, 490x480px
>>122465256
You cried at SAO?
>>
>>122465277
>No, the people who take anime seriously and think that it's a valid medium

Even normies(Note: not normalfags) take anime seriously.
>>
>>122454604
>this whole thread
Ayy Lmao no wonder everyone call your board anti-art shithole
Greetings from /mu/, /tv/ and /lit/
>>
>>122465328
>He didn't cry during Mother Rosario
>>
>>122465353
This is literally containing troll thread.
>>
>>122465353
Anime isn't and can never be art.
Real /a/nons recognize that while anime is fun, it can never measure up to Western cinema, television, cartoons or literature.
>>
>>122465350
>normies(Note: not normalfags)
This is getting out of hand.
>>
>>122465399
>Anime isn't and can never be art.
I'm pretty sure you either don't know the definition of art or are retarded

>>122465399
>it can never measure up to Western cinema, television, cartoons or literature.
If you fags keep having this pessimistic attitude it won't
>>
>>122454604
I don't care how many times it has been said so far, you are a huge faggot
>>
I'm pretty sure most normalfags love melodrama.
>>
>>122465196
At least I'm not autistic faggot
>>
File: 1408481301870.jpg (40KB, 480x346px) Image search: [Google]
1408481301870.jpg
40KB, 480x346px
>>122465642
>unironically thinking that anime can have artistic or intellectual merit
>thinks he's not autistic
>>
File: 1378850271783.png (84KB, 360x345px)
1378850271783.png
84KB, 360x345px
Normalfags love melodrama
>>
>>122465456
normies as in the typical normal person, not normalfags as people who try to be normal, and put normal on a pedestal. There's a clear line.
>>
>>122465792
Just fucking stop and fuck off back to /r9k/.
>>
>>122465720
You watch moeshit so your has no merit
>>
>>122465844
Your opinion *
>>
>>122464137
You keep on using that word.
>>
File: 1396376648012.png (269KB, 589x559px) Image search: [Google]
1396376648012.png
269KB, 589x559px
>>122465844
>unironically watching Lain, Eva, Texhnolyze, Kino no Tabi or other pretentious fedoracore anime
>>
>>122465887
>this guy doesn't watch my retarded moeblob shit but Anime with light philosophy topics

>better call him fedora xD

Jesus fucking Christ, kill yourself, not everyone is a fucktard shit eating manchild like you
>>
>>122465887
>>122465844
>unironically standing on one side
>not watching all kinds of anime

Fucking leave /a/ you faggots.
>>
>>122465720
>>122465887
Just fuck off to /v/ already
>>
>>122466009

>fucktard shit eating manchild

>>>/v/
>>
File: 1423191093230.png (124KB, 970x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1423191093230.png
124KB, 970x1400px
>>122466009
>>122466039
>actually defending your memecore fedora anime
>using the vee buzzword

Stop it, you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
Mods are dead
>>
>>122466063
Not the other guy, but why can't you just accept that not all Anime are meant to pander to you and your dick?
>>
>>122454604
>f3
>Okada
>no results
You doing it fucking wrong.
>>
>>122466042
You are the one who should fuck off to /v/, they also hate any games which are more than retarded fun and try to push the boundaries
>>
>>122466176
This place will be nuked soon so they don't care anymore.
>>
>>122465520
>>122465642
>>122465720
>>122465844
>>122465887
>>122466009
>>122466039
>>122466042
>>122466063
>>122466238
>>122466287
I hope none of you are serious and that you're just going through the motions/ironically replying to bait.
>>
>>122466039
>>122466042
Not him but doesn't /v/ love battle shounen and DEEP animu?
>>
>>122466328
/v/ loves Evangelion and Lain.
>>
Put sage while making a new post faggots
>>
>>122466287

Nice comeback. You should join the good folks down at /v/, they're super good at them, too!

>>>/v/
>>
>>122466323
I honestly don't know who's trolling and who's retarded anymore
>>
>>122466328
At least 50% of this board is unfortunately /v/
>>
>>122454604
>ctrl f /v/
>1 of 10 matches

LE /v/ BOOGEYMAN!

Quit blaming this one on /v/ and realize that /a/ also has bad quality posters.
>>
>>122466328
Project harder faggot

>>122466344
/v/ is mixed about Anime in general
>>
>>122466039
>>122466042
>>122466328
>>122466344
>>122466421
>>122466453
>>122466468
>>122466481
/V/ IS NOT ONE PERSON YOU FUCKING IDIOTS!!
>>
>>122466526
Apparently it is since you can't read.
>>
>>122466468
I've seen a lot of shitposters recently who are obviously from /tv/
>>
File: 2988675-1601687658-linka.jpg (65KB, 525x437px) Image search: [Google]
2988675-1601687658-linka.jpg
65KB, 525x437px
My Top 5 Manga (in no particular order)
>Uzumaki
>Hellsing
>Death Note
>Angel Beats!
>Judge Dredd

r8, h8, masturb8
>>
>>122465399
I know this is bait but fuck me anyways.
>Anime isn't and can never be art.
Stop thinking that art for definition must be something good.

>Real /a/nons
Great, now you are just falling for the true scotchman here.
>>
File: mootsama.jpg (50KB, 700x480px) Image search: [Google]
mootsama.jpg
50KB, 700x480px
Has everyone already forgotten moot-sama's final wish for us to be accepting of cross-boarders?
>>
>>122466647
Literally who
>>
>>122466526
>!!
>capslock
You are the reason why people generalizes /v/ into one person.
>>
>>122466353
Sage is not a doenvote retard
>>
>>122466706
What's your point?
>>
File: 1411398464027.jpg (372KB, 1600x793px) Image search: [Google]
1411398464027.jpg
372KB, 1600x793px
What constitutes as a normalfag these days?
>>
>/v/ boogeyman

Do people still take this shit seriously?
>>
>>122466693
Sorry I was just mad because retards here think they know anything about /v/ even though they have probably never been there.
>>
>>122466737
Someone that you're jealous of but pretend that you're not.
>>
>>122466724
That you're an faggot
>>
>>122466737
>realistic dragons
>>
>>122466764
Care to clarify, buzzwordmaster?
>>
File: quotes-penn_00422132.jpg (890KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
quotes-penn_00422132.jpg
890KB, 1920x1200px
You know what I hate? Normalfags. They shit up this board with their stupid normalfag shit like talking about shows I don't like and not understanding my epic memes. Normalfags need to die. I've been here all summer and they're such a nuisance.
>>
>>122466794
That's the joke retard.

>>122466796
Keep replying to the faggot who thinks he knows what sage is for.

>>122466739
I don't know, /v/ is pretty much famous for "arguing" with opinions and buzzwords.
>>
>>122454604
So much cancer in a single thread, Jesus Christ.

I wish I could permaban you all.
>>
>>122466854
>I don't know, /v/ is pretty much famous for "arguing" with opinions and buzzwords.

Sounds like that one other board I forgot the name of.
>>
>>122466854
rood
>>
>>122466854
>I don't know, /v/ is pretty much famous for "arguing" with opinions and buzzwords.
That's this whole site you dunce
>>
>neo-/a/ doesn't realize anime is all trash and we only watch it ironically
Fuck 4chan!
>>
>>122466921
You haven't been on /a/ much then. Just look at >>122466938 and tell me he isn't just shitposting or that he's actually is from /v/.
>>
>>122466854
It's not like I have anything else to do, and I'm not bumping the thread so
ごめん
>>
>>122466879
How you you forget the name of the board you're on?
>>
File: Izana_Shinatose.jpg (70KB, 350x565px) Image search: [Google]
Izana_Shinatose.jpg
70KB, 350x565px
Hey /v/ I just finished season 1 of Knights of Cydonia on Netflix. anything similar you guys can recommend?
>>
>>122463331
This.
>>
>all these newfags that think anime is good
Fuck off to reddit, weebs.
>>
>>122467058
>Maybe if I keep posting the ip counter will rise a bit
>>
No.122466854 ▶>>122466879 >>122466984
>>>122466794 #
>That's the joke retard.
>>>122466796 #
>Keep replying to the faggot who thinks he knows what sage is for.
>>>122466739 #
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:30:30 No.122466870 ▶
>>>122454604 (OP) #
>So much cancer in a single thread, Jesus Christ.
>I wish I could permaban you all.
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:30:46 No.122466879 ▶>>122467000
>>>122466854 #
>>I don't know, /v/ is pretty much famous for "arguing" with opinions and buzzwords.
>Sounds like that one other board I forgot the name of.
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:31:05 No.122466892 ▶
>>>122466854 #
>rood
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:32:02 No.122466921 ▶>>122466973
>>>122466854 #
>>I don't know, /v/ is pretty much famous for "arguing" with opinions and buzzwords.
>That's this whole site you dunce
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:32:39 No.122466938 ▶>>122466973
>>neo-/a/ doesn't realize anime is all trash and we only watch it ironically
>Fuck 4chan!
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:34:06 No.122466973 ▶
>>>122466921 #
>You haven't been on /a/ much then. Just look at >>122466938 # and tell me he isn't just shitposting or that he's actually is from /v/.
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:34:27 No.122466984 ▶
>>>122466854 #
>It's not like I have anything else to do, and I'm not bumping the thread so
>ごめん
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:34:53 No.122467000 ▶
>>>122466879 #
>How you you forget the name of the board you're on?
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:35:05 No.122467007 ▶
>File: Izana_Shinatose.jpg (70 KB, 350x565)
>Hey /v/ I just finished season 1 of Knights of Cydonia on Netflix. anything similar you guys can recommend?
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:35:58 No.122467026 ▶
>>>122463331 #
>This.
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:37:29 No.122467058 ▶
>>all these newfags that think anime is good
>Fuck off to reddit, weebs.
wow rude
>>
Japs are inherently incompetent at storytelling, which is why we only appreciate the ones that rightfully give up and just make cute shit.
>>
>>122467026
>This
Fuck off to reddit faggot
>>
>>122467089
Please, please tell me everyone in this thread is just trolling.

Anyway, check EM
>>
>>122467113
>Japs are inherently incompetent at storytelling
>this is what retards believe
>>
>>122467132
>> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:32:39 No.122466938 ▶>>122466973 #
>>>neo-/a/ doesn't realize anime is all trash and we only watch it ironically
>>Fuck 4chan!
>>>>
>> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:34:06 No.122466973 ▶
>>>>122466921 # #
>>You haven't been on /a/ much then. Just look at >>122466938 # # and tell me he isn't just shitposting or that he's actually is from /v/.
>>>>
>> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:34:27 No.122466984 ▶
>>>>122466854 # #
>>It's not like I have anything else to do, and I'm not bumping the thread so
>>ごめん
>>>>
>> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:34:53 No.122467000 ▶
>>>>122466879 # #
>>How you you forget the name of the board you're on?
>>>>
>> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:35:05 No.122467007 ▶
>>File: Izana_Shinatose.jpg (70 KB, 350x565)
>>Hey /v/ I just finished season 1 of Knights of Cydonia on Netflix. anything similar you guys can recommend?
>>>>
>> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:35:58 No.122467026 ▶
>>>>122463331 # #
>>This.
>>>>
>> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:37:29 No.122467058 ▶
>>>all these newfags that think anime is good
>>Fuck off to reddit, weebs.
>wow rude
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:39:26 No.122467113 ▶
>Japs are inherently incompetent at storytelling, which is why we only appreciate the ones that rightfully give up and just make cute shit.
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:39:35 No.122467117 ▶
>>>122467026 #
>>This
>Fuck off to reddit faggot
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:40:12 No.122467132 ▶
>>>122467089 #
>Please, please tell me everyone in this thread is just trolling.
>Anyway, check EM
Nice singles but check mine..
>>
>I cry at imaginary people
>I cry
Fucking kill yourself you waste of flesh.
>>
>>122467132
Indeed, fucking shitposters and it's shitty excuse of funposting, but fuck mods even more for letting this thread alive.
>>
File: love_for_all_by_nayzak-d3ky706.jpg (145KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
love_for_all_by_nayzak-d3ky706.jpg
145KB, 1024x768px
Any good anime for Muslims?
>>
>>122467168
*tips fedora*
>>
I fuking hate the fukomg gaia weebs from reddit that have uouned /a/ , fucking thinf snime is good. Fyck you it's IRONIC, we know yhis shit is fucking shit.
>>
So I finally told my parents about this and it felt really good and I felt like I would share with you guys. I was in a huge, spiraling depression. I had undiagnosed bipolar disorder and felt like there was no way out. I had seen the basic adult swim anime when I was growing up, but never got into it because of the stereotypes.

About three years ago I reached rock bottom, and was really ready to kill myself. That's when I started watching anime because of an old roommate who watched a bit. FMA:Brotherhood was great to start, but it was only temporary entertainment. Then I watched Clannad and Clannad Afterstory. For the first time in the longest time I cried, and I cried a lot. After the last episode I just laid in bed staring at the ceiling, and I realized that I wanted to live. I know that sounds cliche, but it's truly how I felt.

I can't really explain it too well, but Clannad and anime as a whole really saved my life. I went to a doctor, got diagnosed, and have never felt better. My parents always wondered why I love anime so much and I could never really come up with a good answer. I would say "I just like it I guess, it appeals to my taste and the medium is really interesting". But I've come to realize that it is much more than that.

I would also like to thank all of you, not just the people of reddit, but everyone that I can discuss the hobby with. I know this is a mindless rant, and maybe even posts like this aren't allowed, but I just really wanted to share.
>>
>>122467168
See
>>122464976
>>
>>122467251
>hurr durr anime is shit but I keep watching it because I'm human trash with no life
Kill yourself
>>
/a/ actually hates anime
Wow, this board has way more in common with /v/ than I thought
>>
>>122467219
Ore no Imam ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
>>
File: 1406011779767.jpg (52KB, 498x476px) Image search: [Google]
1406011779767.jpg
52KB, 498x476px
I live in Philadelphia and despite the fact that it's many miles from where James lives I see him there every day on my way home from work.

Each day I have to pass through this really shitty area of the city to get home and each time I go through there I see James sitting on the side of the road surrounded by empty bottles of whiskey and beer outside of some shitty bar. A few times I've pulled up really slow next to him to see if he's alright, I only ever do this when he's covered in vomit or blood, a few times he's sworn at me, thrown his retarded kid at my car and lashed out at me.

However recently I pulled up whilst James was vomiting onto his down's syndrome kids' face and I noticed him mumbling something about "fucking monkey fucking cowa fucking piece dog shit wife of mine", I was confused about what he meant and left his child to drown in James' vomit.
A block or two away I see James' wife getting pounded by 5 black men in the fucking open surrounded by 20 or 30 people as they all laugh at a picture of James which one of the men has stuck his dick through, I see his wife take more semen than an aircraft carrier and throw up outside my car.

James then staggers along the road with his pants around his ankles, dragging his kid along the floor and slurring everything he says. He then decides to swing for his wife who dodges him like some kind of fucking Navy SEAL and flattens James with one punch, who lands flat on his kid and crushes its face.

After the nigger fucking crew have moved to another block for their fun, I get out the car and take James' phone out of his pocket. I manage to ring Mike who is saved as "Guy number 15 who fucks my wife", I will note that Mike was pretty high up this list too, I then call Mike who turns up half hour later and throws James and his unconscious child in the back of his pickup. Mike doesn't say a fucking word and I get to keep James' phone. As he drives off Mike just shouts "MINECRAP MINECRAP" over and over.
>>
File: just the best.png (43KB, 396x540px)
just the best.png
43KB, 396x540px
>>122467219
muslims are historically lolicons, right? the japs got you covered
>>
File: 1418104160794.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1418104160794.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>mfw /a/ is the 'chanz collective fuckboi
Get rekt, fags.
>>
>>122467368
That would be /r9k/.
>>
>>122467313
/a/ has always been the same shit as /v/.
>>
>>122467313
it's just a bunch of people lying to themselves and others for various reasons, i doubt that many people here actually hate anime
>>
File: 1425779659123.jpg (27KB, 235x332px) Image search: [Google]
1425779659123.jpg
27KB, 235x332px
>>
File: 1409094916136.jpg (233KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
1409094916136.jpg
233KB, 1280x905px
Now that we've decided that anime is shit and we only watch it ironically, can we start talking about how Japan hates all white people, Japanase people depise all anime and wish it was never associated with their country, and how Japan is a 3rd world shithole?
>>
>>122467396
>>122467313
Samefag.
>>
File: Untitled.png (9KB, 445x279px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
9KB, 445x279px
>>122467427
Try again

>>122467411
They just hate people who take the medium seriously and not a pointless time waster
>>
>>122467461
Nice photoshop skills.
>>
>>122467461
This!
>>
>>122467251
>>122467313
>>122467396
>>122467461

You people are taking the "anime was a mistake" meme too seriously
>>
It's sad, the longer I'm on /a/ the less fun it becomes. I don't know if I'm jaded or this place is actually getting worse. The more I watch the more I see most of the fucks on here as casuals and normalfags who don't actually think for more than a half a second about what they watch and simply parrot ideas they were given in hug box threads on this board. It's depressing, disgusting, and on a whole killing my love of the one place I can have legitimate discussion of anime.

I don't know what's wrong, I don't know if it's me. I just want old /a/ back. I just want you fucks to not be a crudely done parody of yourselves, because each passing season it's like I'm looking at the threads through increasingly distorted funhouse mirrors.

This isn't what we were, this isn't what we should be.
>>
File: tumblr_nix01wsu9P1u9o7gzo1_400.gif (2MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nix01wsu9P1u9o7gzo1_400.gif
2MB, 371x209px
>>122467516
>meme
Fuck off redditweeb.
>>
File: 1423379042145.jpg (43KB, 319x310px) Image search: [Google]
1423379042145.jpg
43KB, 319x310px
>>
>>122454604
Kinda wish this anime was set in college, at least high school
>>
>>122467582
Fuck off to tumblr
>>
>>122467567
>anonymous imageboards, serious business

fuck off fag
>>
>>122467629
Watch Nodame Cantabile then
>>
>>122461303
Degenerate is a word that has been used in fan translations since time immemorium
>>
>>122467582
it's much worse than a meme

just like what you like and stop letting other people decide your opinions for you
>>
>>122467673
isn't the drama better
>>
>>122467661
See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. All that happens now is parroting of concepts that have next to no relevance to the posts they're connected to. Half the community has ceased having their own thoughts and half take this board way too seriously.
>>
>>122467661
You're what's wrong with this palce
>>
>>122467758
>▶>>122467646 >>122467694
>File: tumblr_nix01wsu9P1u9o7gzo1_400.gif (1.55 MB, 371x209)
>>>122467516 #
>>meme
>Fuck off redditweeb.
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:57:36 No.122467586 ▶
>File: Spoiler Image (43 KB, 319x310)
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:58:49 No.122467629 ▶>>122467673
>>>122454604 (OP) #
>Kinda wish this anime was set in college, at least high school
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:59:26 No.122467646 ▶
>>>122467582 #
>Fuck off to tumblr
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)11:59:59 No.122467661 ▶>>122467732 >>122467758
>>>122467567 #
>>anonymous imageboards, serious business
>fuck off fag
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)12:00:27 No.122467673 ▶>>122467714
>>>122467629 #
>Watch Nodame Cantabile then
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)12:00:46 No.122467688 ▶
>>>122461303 #
>Degenerate is a word that has been used in fan translations since time immemorium
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)12:01:06 No.122467694 ▶
>>>122467582 #
>it's much worse than a meme
>just like what you like and stop letting other people decide your opinions for you
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)12:02:02 No.122467714 ▶
>>>122467673 #
>isn't the drama better
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)12:02:33 No.122467732 ▶
>>>122467661 #
>See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. All that happens now is parroting of concepts that have next to no relevance to the posts they're connected to. Half the community has ceased having their own thoughts and half take this board way too seriously.
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)12:03:41 No.122467758 ▶
>>>122467661 #
>You're what's wrong with this palce
no u faggot
>>
File: 1423036248797.jpg (9KB, 281x200px) Image search: [Google]
1423036248797.jpg
9KB, 281x200px
>>122467796
You have to be trying to do this. You can't in any way be serious.
>>
>>122467673
I have
>>
File: sad sacchin.png (33KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
sad sacchin.png
33KB, 170x170px
>>122467796
why are you doing this
>>
>>122467758
>>122467732
Cry me a river.
You should have grown out of caring about this shithole and realised that everything that happens here is completely irrelevant by the time you turned 18.
>>
File: 1400099913672.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1400099913672.gif
858KB, 240x228px
>mfw reading this thread
>>
All my normalfag friends who watch anime only watch shounen. Yet they always complain that they can't find a new anime to watch. I don't see why anyone would limit themselves to one genre.

They don't give anime a try if it is a melodrama or SoL. Most of my favorites all fall under those categories though. They don't know what they are missing.
>>
>>122467859
>everything that happens here is completely irrelevant by the time you turned 18.
This websites is prefaced with you having to be OLDER than 18. Fucking shit. I can't handle these people.
>>
376 post of full shitposting, thanks mods.

>>122467909
Report, hide and ignore like always.
>>
>>122467909
>He wasn't here when he was 15 with moot when he started the site
Get out newfag
>>
This, 4chan is supposed to be shit.
>>122467859
>>
>>122467859
But I've been here for 4 years, I don't want to leave this place even though it turned into complete shit,
>>
>>122467896
It's hilarious how moetards who watch the same cookie cutter shit over rand over think they have better taste than average shounen fag.

>>122467990
Sorry, this is not /b/
>>
>>122467986
>was 15 in 2003
Even so, you're not even trying to say anything at this point, you're not even trolling, you're just spewing an endless stream of shit trying to make the experience worse. This is some of the most low quality attempts to get someone angry I've ever seen, it's not even your content that's gotten me buttflustered, but your inability to actually craft something approaching actually infuriating.
>>
>>122468014
>I've been in highschool for 4 years I dint want to leave!
Grow up. Get out.
>>
Do you know that feeling when you see an absolutely shit thread and you want to leave this place forever, but you still have a bit of hope in this place left? Now I have barely any.
>>
>>122468156
>grow up
Tell that to yourself, asshole.
>>
>>122468049
>It's hilarious how moetards who watch the same cookie cutter shit over rand over think they have better taste than average shounen fag.

Yea my post about not limiting myself to one genre clearly means I watch "the same cookie cutter shit over and over"

fuck off faggot
>>
>>122468156
>le 4chan is for underaged face
No really, this website assumes you're over 18, just leave if you're under 18. You're not wanted by the community, you just make the experience worse.

What's the point of actively trying to detract from discussion of series? Why do it?
>>
>>122468236
I know, I was just pointing that out
>>
I want /v/ to leave and never come back, I know your board is complete cancer but you belong there. Stop coming here.
>>
File: bZiTSVh.gif (3MB, 480x271px) Image search: [Google]
bZiTSVh.gif
3MB, 480x271px
>>122465723
I would be way too embarassed to save this picture on my computer. There's no way you have a life.
>>
>>122454604
Why are normalfags so bothered by what bothers other people?
>>
>>122468389
not that guy but it's pretty funny, i'm saving it
>>
>>122468326
Oh look, a former /v/ fag who really wants to fit in here now.
Fuck off
>>
>>122465373
It was pretty sad when I was reading it but I could not take it seriously animated
>>
Why is no one here sincere anymore?
>>
>>122454604
Melodrama is highly manipulative and thus the feelings you get at the end of it all feels highly unrewarding and inauthentic.

It;s the reason why the punch at the end of say Chuunibyou does not compare to the one at the end of Hyouka.
>>
File: 1422746006777.png (319KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1422746006777.png
319KB, 640x480px
>this entire thread
>this entire board
>>
File: 1412482821301.webm (201KB, 450x254px)
1412482821301.webm
201KB, 450x254px
>>122467380
>Implying anyone even wants to be in the same room as /r9k/
>>
>>122468542
I am, or at least try to be.
>>
>>122468326
>le /v/ boogieman
>>
>>122468326
What are you implying
>>
>>122454604
Who would have thought that a harmless slice of life drama would create the most cancerous thread of this season
>>
File: 1424851972954.jpg (38KB, 500x375px)
1424851972954.jpg
38KB, 500x375px
>>122468542
Because if you're being ironic and sacrastic, then that means there's zero conviction and so nobody can criticize you.

This murders any attempts at online discussion, especially on 4chan.
>>
>>122467219
Don't you know anon?
Anime is haraam
>>
>>122468819
>Caring about what people think of you on a anonymous imageboard
People can't be that insecure
>>
>>122469011
Why do you think everyone is trying to fit in here so hard?
>>
File: 1414902293605.gif (2MB, 320x240px)
1414902293605.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>122469011
>People can't be that insecure
look around you m8

look where we are on a glorious Friday afternoon
>>
>>122469011
Except that they are, the evidence is 90% of threads on /a/. Lack of original thoughts and lack of sincerity.
>>
>>122469011
>People can't be that insecure
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>122469112
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>122469060
>afternoon
Nigger it's 9pm
>>
"we dont serve your kind here".... you are a terrorist. america at its finest
>>
>>122469060
>>122469055
>>122469073
I kind of understand why people would want to hide their feelings or thoughts IRL because there's ego and public image involved but here?Really?I can antagonize everyone here now and then be friendly in the next thread and no one would see any difference because my posts are not attached to a fixed image or persona.
The nature of the site allows and strongly encourages sincere posts,many people here already hide their feelings and power levels in real life constantly(which is fine in terms but i honestly think that you should not feel ashamed or guilty because of your tastes,hobbies or thoughts and i'm sure many anons here feel that way)and there's literally no need for them to do the same thing here,it's actually incredibly stupid to try to pretend in 4chan or any anonymous place in the internet.

>Lack of original thoughts and lack of sincerity
I blame the hivemind
>>
File: 18qg4nx5anhnrjpg.jpg (17KB, 256x352px) Image search: [Google]
18qg4nx5anhnrjpg.jpg
17KB, 256x352px
/v/ here. I find your guys' true Scotsman syndrome hilarious. Any posts you don't like are automatically blamed on one of us or someone from another anime site. You can't fathom the idea that YOUR community might be full of retards.
Our board is shit, but at least we are self-aware enough to accept that it's our shit.

Enjoy all the new kids, you completely deserve it.

>captha: neett
>>
>>122470096
Get rid of console wars, /pol/ and e-celeb shit and I might respect you
>>
>>122470096
honestly /v/ is only worse than /a/ because of the size,it's impossible to have any kind of quality control with the ridiciolous amount of people that /v/ has
>>
>>122454604
Normies love clannad.
>>
>>122470096
>but at least we are self-aware enough to accept that it's our shit.
>>
>>122470096
>but at least we are self-aware enough to accept that it's our shit.
the majority of you idiots still think gg isn't chanology v 2.0
>>
>>122470227
/a/ lacks the slightest bit of self-awareness, they actually think their board is still good

>>122470263
most people have fucked off to other chan already
>>
>>122470263
>March 2015
>GG
>relevant

Get with the times gramps.
>>
Why is this thread still not deleted?
Why is this thread still no on autosage?
Where are mods and janitors?
>>
>>122467896
Shounen is not a genre
>>
>>122469886
/thread
>>
>>122470447
What's a "sage"?
>>
>>122470509
Most of posters here probably don't even know about it.
>>
File: 1415475897107.jpg (201KB, 634x845px) Image search: [Google]
1415475897107.jpg
201KB, 634x845px
>>122470447
>Friday Nite
>he's expecting mods to sit here instead of slaying pussy in the clubs
>>
#
>
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)13:20:33 No.122470096 ▶>>122470170 >>122470177 >>122470227 >>122470263
>File: 18qg4nx5anhnrjpg.jpg (17 KB, 256x352)
>/v/ here. I find your guys' true Scotsman syndrome hilarious. Any posts you don't like are automatically blamed on one of us or someone from another anime site. You can't fathom the idea that YOUR community might be full of retards.
>Our board is shit, but at least we are self-aware enough to accept that it's our shit.
>Enjoy all the new kids, you completely deserve it.
>>captha: neett
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)13:23:08 No.122470170 ▶
>>>122470096 (You) #
>Get rid of console wars, /pol/ and e-celeb shit and I might respect you
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)13:23:22 No.122470177 ▶
>>>122470096 (You) #
>honestly /v/ is only worse than /a/ because of the size,it's impossible to have any kind of quality control with the ridiciolous amount of people that /v/ has
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)13:24:23 No.122470207 ▶
>>>122454604 (OP) #
>Normies love clannad.
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)13:25:09 No.122470227 ▶>>122470321
>>>122470096 (You) #
>>but at least we are self-aware enough to accept that it's our shit.
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)13:26:21 No.122470263 ▶>>122470321 >>122470402
>>>122470096 (You) #
>>but at least we are self-aware enough to accept that it's our shit.
>the majority of you idiots still think gg isn't chanology v 2.0
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)13:28:05 No.122470321 ▶
>>>122470227 #
>/a/ lacks the slightest bit of self-awareness, they actually think their board is still good
>>>122470263 #
>most people have fucked off to other chan already
>>>
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)13:30:19 No.122470402 ▶
>>>122470263 #
>>March 2015
>>GG
> Anonymous 03/13/15(Fri)13:31:37 No.122470447 ▶
>Why is this thread still not deleted?
>Why is this thread still no on autosage?
>Where are mods and janitors?
Mods love watching cognitive dissonance unfold. It's always NEETfags versus everyone else.
>>
>>122470550
You mean eating hotpockets
>>
>>122470550
I would do that if I were mod
>>
>>122470509
Downvote
>>
>>122470096
This, /a/ always needed a scapegoat to shift the blame to somewhere else, while not realizing there is a problem within them.
>>
best thread on /a/ right now
>>
So "normies" has officially been raped of all meaning now, right?

I wonder what phrase 4chan will ruin next.
>>
>>122470719
I know this is bait but this has to be one of the most tumblr-tier comments that i saw this week
>>
>>122471131
cuck
>>
>>122471155
>still hasn't grown out of the LE WOMEN ARE EVIL!!111!1 /r9k/ mentality

You have no right to talk badly about women if you're a pathetic virgin.
>>
>>122471229
>next
>>
>>122471229
I, for one find the cuck meme to be dank as fuck.
>>
File: 1422159813914.png (207KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1422159813914.png
207KB, 803x688px
>>122471291
>>
>>122471229
>>122471291
>>122471338
Back to /tv/ and /pol/ fags
>>
File: 1408457626438165108.gif (88KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1408457626438165108.gif
88KB, 320x240px
>>122471355
There's always one self-proclaimed true /a/non who has to annoy absolutely everyone with his shitty blame-shifting and holier-than-thou attitude whenever /a/ embraces new trends and memes.
Get to fuck faglord.
>>
File: 1424506465906.jpg (20KB, 216x239px) Image search: [Google]
1424506465906.jpg
20KB, 216x239px
>>122471229
No need to start calling people names, anon.
>>
File: 1302665441480.jpg (24KB, 396x360px) Image search: [Google]
1302665441480.jpg
24KB, 396x360px
>>
>>122471246
>Woman are LE EVIL
Where did i said that,little faggot?Slaying pussy is the same as hating women now?Grow a pair of balls kid,you're the one who look like a pathetic beta virgin here trying to defend le woman integrity
>>
>>122454604
>>122455176
>>122458470
>>122458796
>>122464551
>>122457131
>EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME IS LE NORMALFAG XDXD
Oh fuck off.

Fuck off, you piece of shit.

Just fucking slit your wrists and die. It's these kinds of shitposts that bring down the whole board.

We don't want cancerous faggots here who try to paint everyone with a different opinion as "TEH NORMIES", no matter how nonsensical saying so is.

On the whole, "normal" people watch drama and tragedy about 10 times as much as the average /a/non and Japanese otaku.
>>
>>122471475
Nice facebook meme.
>>
File: 1425844385290.jpg (495KB, 1000x1437px) Image search: [Google]
1425844385290.jpg
495KB, 1000x1437px
>>122471527
Blame /r9k/.
Nobody likes self-obsessed frustrated virgin losers, even on 4chan.
They've been slowly killing this site.
>>
>>122471246
>>122471155
>>122470550
>>still hasn't grown out of the LE WOMEN ARE EVIL!!111!1
Do you have autism anon?Serious question
>>
>>122471732
My girlfriend said she doesn't love me anymore.
>>
>>122471611
Good God, my dick.
>>
>>122471821
Find another one,women are easily replaceable anon(and love/sexual partners in general)
>>
File: 1416534890152.jpg (929KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
1416534890152.jpg
929KB, 1280x768px
>>122471887
Kaoru is a miracle of the universe.
>>
>>122471821
I was refering to the posts of the white knight faggot
>>
File: 0M.jpg (74KB, 686x582px) Image search: [Google]
0M.jpg
74KB, 686x582px
>>122455068
>I'm already a sensitive person so I cry very easily IRL as well and yes that can be an issue. Like yes, when I was new to 4chan I cried a lot when I got called names but not as much now.
>>
>>122471890
>Find another one,women are easily replaceable anon
Underrated post
>>
>>122471424
>thinking the cuck meme is dank
you're either underage or an outsider
>>
File: b005db84b0e7bb120e536dc2ff55a213.jpg (729KB, 2100x2970px) Image search: [Google]
b005db84b0e7bb120e536dc2ff55a213.jpg
729KB, 2100x2970px
>>122471922
Can't argue with that.
>>
>>122471338
What's with James and cuck?
>>
>>122472175
it's a shit meme because of the movie he made,/v/ and /pol/ are stupid
>>
>>122472175
The ending scene of the AVGN movie showed the nerdy girl character (played by his wife) kissing the token black character. James' initial expression was that of shock, but then it turned into satisfaction.

He's a dirty cuck.
>>
>>122472358
It's just a movie
>>
>>122455016
So these are the people who watch teen melodrama shit or think Okada writes good drama? Excellent.
>>
File: 572656823.png (15KB, 467x453px) Image search: [Google]
572656823.png
15KB, 467x453px
When did 4chan become Reddit 2.0?
>>
>>122455734
Or you might live in a country where people can't freely demonstrate feelings but instead have to fake being emotionless.
>>
>>122472578
When mods stopped doing their jobs.
>>
>>122472578
The same time it became tumblr 2.0.
>>
>>122455016
Why haven't you been banned yet?

Drink a bottle of acid and die.
>>
>>122454604
Is this the most toxic thread of this year so far?
>>
>>122472714
Are you saying that he should die as a result of drinking the bottle of acid, he should drink the bottle of acid and then die of unrelated causes, or that he should drink a bottle of acid and then die in any manner including but not limited to drinking the bottle of acid? Is there a specific timeframe in which these events should occur?

This is important.
>>
>>122472714
Fuck off to /b/ edgelord
>>
Only 29 more posts till mods delete it
>>
It's really hilarious how much hate and saltiness the OP caused
>>
>>122472578
>look everyone I'm an oldfag
>>
>>122473143
Do you think he's crying right now?
>>
>>122458967
Dennou Coil is shit and you should feel bad for liking it.
Thread posts: 476
Thread images: 97

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.