[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does anime take zero steps towards making the mouth animations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: nose1a.gif (10KB, 300x304px) Image search: [Google]
nose1a.gif
10KB, 300x304px
Why does anime take zero steps towards making the mouth animations match the words?
>>
Because dub-fags would complain. Yes, this is actually the reason.
>>
Costs too much money.
>>
Instead of asking "Why don't they?", ask yourself, "Why would they?"
>>
>>122196358
Because it looks better.
>>
why do why do why do things cost money why things are not more awesome
>>
>>122196264
OP here, i'm not talking about dubs because I don't watch them.

I'm talking about the original show with the japanese voice actors. The character says a multi-syllable word but the mouth moves only once.

>>122196358
>ask yourself, "Why would they?"
To make their animation not look like shit?
>>
They move up and down when you hear them speak, what more do you want?
>>
>>122196403
>>122196280
>because money
Metalocalyse using fucking flash animation has their mouths match the words.
>>
Because animating a little detail that nobody really gives a shit about is pointless, especially when you work on a tight budget.
>>
>>122196409
They do sometimes. It takes more effort, and in the case of it being exported it annoys the dubbers in foreign markets.
>>
A lot more time consuming = a lot more expensive
>>
>>122196475
>flash animation
There's your answer. When all the characters are stock templates its easy to add certain bells and whistles. Its also why they're always on model, because they only had to be drawn once then recycled.
>>
File: haruhi.jpg (15KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
haruhi.jpg
15KB, 704x396px
Because they tried once and this is what the got.
>>
It's money/time. Just look at high budget OVAs or films, there is plenty of fluid mouth animation.

The "because dubs" explanation is truly fucking retarded though, like Japanese people give a shit about what a bunch of filthy gaijins think about the potential dub of their products.
>>
>>122196588
and this is what we got*
Wasted a double on a typo
>>
Proper lip syncing can add a shit ton of time and money to a show.
>>
File: 1425670305892.gif (2MB, 280x202px) Image search: [Google]
1425670305892.gif
2MB, 280x202px
>>
>>122196633
>like Japanese people give a shit about what a bunch of filthy gaijins think about ... their products.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtFN8G0NN4M
>>
Why spend money when most of people watch anime with subtitles?
>>
File: img000017 (3).jpg (316KB, 644x1024px) Image search: [Google]
img000017 (3).jpg
316KB, 644x1024px
Which mangaka draws the best mouths?

In my opinion it's Morita by a longshot.
>>
Akira did it already
And it was great
>>
>>122196844
>gif
>>
Because it takes a bunch of time and work that could be spent animating swaying boobs?
>>
>>122197174
>it takes a bunch of time and work that could be spent animating swaying boobs

And that concludes that staff meeting pretty damn quickly
>>
File: 1414188953925[1].gif (788KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1414188953925[1].gif
788KB, 500x384px
some do, but doing it always would take too much time.
>>
inferno cop
>>
>>122196844
>gif
what the fuck dude
>>
>>122197260
it looks close enough to "uchuu kaizoku" to me
>>
You need a budget for that.
>>
>>122196192
I know that they record after animation, but do they do the script beforehand, or after? I don't just mean general plot, I mean the exact words to be said.
>>
>>122196588
that scene was hilarious. fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>122196280
/thread
>>122196475
>flash animation
>ctrl + c, ctrl + v
cheaper

have you saw shirobako to get at least a subtle notion of what anime production is?
>>
Too much effort for very little gain.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.