[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you stop caring about "Tastes" and "Standards"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

When did you stop caring about "Tastes" and "Standards" and started enjoying the Anime you wanted to? Because seriously if you only like/didn't like what anime /a/ likes/doesn't like you would be angry everyday. Just let your guard down, try something out, and if it doesn't work out, try something else.

Why do people think entertainment should have set rules?

What anime have you enjoyed that /a/ hates?
>>
>>122069975
All harem shows i guess. I only watch harem shows.
>>
naruto i guess
>>
>>122070112
Harem is a misnomer, nearly everything is a harem to /a/.

It doesn't matter if she was joking or it was a fanservice tease in promo materials she wants OP's dick and the entire show must now revolve around that.
>>
>>122070442
>OP's dick
Errr MC's dick, no one wants OP's dick except the grill in the next post
>>
>>122070489
w-way to kill the thread anon.
>>
>>122069975
>When did you stop caring about "Tastes" and "Standards" and started enjoying the Anime you wanted to?

When I started to come to /a/ more frequently. Not sure if it's thanks to /a/ or if it's just me that stopped caring what other people think.

>Why do people think entertainment should have set rules?

I think it's more a part of /a/ culture than a set of rules. I don't mind it to be honest, it's good to have a place that don't worship the "latest" popular show.

>What anime have you enjoyed that /a/ hates?

Naruto
Mirai Nikki
The first arc of SAO
Attack on Titan
>>
Space Dandy
World Trigger
Naruto
Bleach
>>
I literally enjoy virtually everything I consume. Games, music, books, anime, movies, love it all. I still have standards and hold specific things above others, but I get so absorbed in whatever I'm doing that I enjoy without question.
>>
>>122069975
Nice butthurt. /a/ is not one person. If something becomes popular enough there will inevitably be backlash.
>>
I've never cared about /a/'s taste.
Buncha pedophiles.
>>
>When did you stop caring about "Tastes" and "Standards" and started enjoying the Anime you wanted to?

since always. why would i watch things i don't want to watch
>>
>>122069975
>When did you stop caring about "Tastes" and "Standards" and started enjoying the Anime you wanted to? Because seriously if you only like/didn't like what anime /a/ likes/doesn't like you would be angry everyday. Just let your guard down, try something out, and if it doesn't work out, try something else.

Hating things is /a/ tradition. You just can't change that. If enough people who actually want to talk civil are around, threads do end up civil.

Ironically, it was going to /a/ that ended up broadening my horizons. Before my tenure here, I was one of those /v/ tier faggots who only wanted to watch edgy MANLY shonen shit. Now, I find myself enjoying CGDCT shows and even fanservice haremshit.

There shouldn't. You're free to enjoy what you want as long as you're not inconveniencing others.

A lot. But off the top off my head...

Space Dandy
Bleach
A-Channel
Tsukihime
>>
>>122069975
You are such a rebel, did someone hurt your feelings by telling you you have shit taste?
>>
>>122069975
The moment I finished Angel Beats and actually liked it.
Caring about the popular taste is the ultimate normalfag thing.
And yes, 4chan, and /a/, is pretty damn popular. sekret club, we are not.
>>
>>122070903
Congratulations on being this way. No, I'm serious.
I wish I could enjoy things more. I'm not elitist but for example, after watching LoGH, I can't appreciate most anime anymore. It's just inevitable for me.
>>
File: 8 out of 10 on MAL.png (58KB, 395x542px) Image search: [Google]
8 out of 10 on MAL.png
58KB, 395x542px
I hate harems with a passion
>>
>>122069975
>When did you stop caring about "Tastes" and "Standards"
Never did.

>started enjoying the Anime you wanted to?
My preferences changed over time, but I always watched what I liked.

Because they're retards with an inferiority complex who like to pretend that telling people on the internet they read books makes them smarter because apparently some entertainment mediums are inherently "better" than others.

I loved Kyoukai no Kanata and Captain Earth. I couldn't care less what retards or shitposters on /a/ think.

On that note, people who honestly use "You only hate that because it's popular!" are fucking retarded. There are plenty of popular shows I love and hate, and the same goes for unpopular ones.
>>
>>122071590
I used to hate harems and thought anyone who liked them was the scum of the earth.

I finished OniAi last week and absolutely loved everything about it.
>>

That implies that there's a show that /a/ universally hates. Which doesn't exist.
>>
>>122071748
Oh you know, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece.
Sure, not universally, not pretty damn close. Majority, for sure.
>>
File: yes.jpg (93KB, 529x545px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
93KB, 529x545px
>>122071560
I'm literally watch LoGH while watching normal seasonal anime (that included plenty of bad or just decent series, and lots of fanservice or haremshit) and I marathoned a few other series during the time I was watching it.

I can enjoy almost any genre or style of anime, manga, game, LN or VN even if I know some are better than others. I even learned moon and know enough to read manga and play some games. It really broadened my horizons and I love it.

It's nice being able to enjoy things.

>>122071661
Loved that one. The harems I like generally have no worst girl and never take themselves too seriously on the drama. Action stuff like DxD or Shinmai Maou is fine, though. The ones I hate have tons of melodrama and pretend they have complex characters, and generally have a main girl who's absolutely unbearable.
>>
>>122071796
/a/ sure knows a lot about Naruto for something that's so hated.

And despite being part of the big 3, I've only seen people enjoy and discuss Bleach and One Piece. Especially the latter.
>>
>>122071867
>I'm literally watch
I literally watched*
Damn I'm stupid.
>>
>>122069975
I never had those since I always liked powerlevel discussions and those tend to be more about objective thing like feats and calcs.
So, I pretty much enjoy what I want to enjoy without any limits.
But fuck the current trend of chuuni harem shit.
>>
>>122071881
Blind hate is silly.
>>
>>122071796
We have a one piece general for fucks sake
>>
>>122071867
That's me apart from understanding any moon.
I usually try to keep it even on the amount of serious to not so serious shows/whatever I consume.
eg. Right now I'm watching Hidamari Sketch and when I get bored I'll switch over to reading Bokurano.
>>
>>122071939
Have you ever been in one? It's pretty clear they're offboarders who aren't really from here. They actually think Oda is the king of storytelling and are shockingly delusional.
>>
>>122071867
>The ones I hate have tons of melodrama and pretend they have complex characters
I'm with you on that. Nothing is more annoying than a show throwing tits at you while simultaneously trying to convince you how deadly serious it is.

I also hate ones that don't actually have nipples and my search history is full of '[show] nipples' because I want to be sure they're there.
>>
>>122072077
>I usually try to keep it even on the amount of serious to not so serious shows/whatever I consume.
Reading manga slowed down for me a little, because I don't like to use scanlations now that I've realized how much they suck. So most of my manga reading is SoL or comedy or romance since it's easier to read. Everything else is an even spread.

>>122072096
Censoring like that doesn't bother me. What I hate it when 2 characters are in love, they want to express it, they want to have sex, there's no reason not to have sex, but then the editor cockblocks you because he's a faggot.
>>
>>122072092
>no true scotsman
>>
>>122072169
Oh, the nipples thing wasn't in conjunction with the seriousness. I meant about the same thing you did, misunderstandings and sudden unnecessary drama and the like.
>>
>>122069975
I watch that shit purely for the maria scenes, I have no idea what the show is about because I skip any scene without maria in it,
>>
>>122072231
>Ignorant of board culture
>Defending people who use offboard memes and language that would get called out in any other thread
>Thinking people who honestly read OP and think it's the best because they don't read other manga are /a/nons and didn't blow in from offboard
>Using /v/ tier logical fallacy bullshit
Nah.
>>
Honestly, I only liked anime before I started postig on /a/. Now I hate all of it. I feel bad for the people who didn't already see hundreds of shows before coming here.
>>
I've come to the conclusion that people on /a/ view anime as a guilty pleasure and enjoy power trips so they can feel that the show they actually like is decent while all the rest are of poor quality.
>>
>>122072339
>hating anime because of someone else's opinion

And I used to think that tripfags weren't completely retarded.
>>
>>122072472
>I've come to the conclusion that people on /a/ view anime as a guilty pleasure
How the hell do you figure? Have you ever been in a thread that wasn't about a currently airing show, or that wasn't blatant shitposting?
>>
>>122072324
>pointing out a logical fallacy is "/v/ tier"
>being this delusional

It's actually sad how much you're trying to distance /a/ from OP as if you somehow think you "understand" this board and judging from your posts it's clear that you don't.

/a/ isn't your elitist fantasy anymore. The Big Three get discussed every single day here by real /a/nons (inb4 you make the definition of a real anon extremely narrow) no matter how many mental hoops you have to jump through to say otherwise.
>>
>>122072769
Yes, not having an actual point or knowing board culture then crying about logical fallacies is /v/-tier.

>if you somehow think you "understand" this board and judging from your posts it's clear that you don't.
Oh but I do. I've spent almost every day here for many years, and I'll be here long after idiots like you are gone. Come back when you're lurking and posting in a few dozen threads a day then tell me you understand /a/.

>/a/ isn't your elitist fantasy anymore.
/a/ isn't your funposting practice board now, and it never will be. When you idiots leak out of your containment threads, you will always be ridiculed.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.