[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Go Nagai

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: GoNagai.jpg (129KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
GoNagai.jpg
129KB, 1024x681px
What's your opinion on Go Nagai's works /a/?
>>
Pioneer.

Invented the magical girl genre, ecchi, edge, pilotable robots among many other things, yet none of the fags here appreciate him.
>>
>>121847875
Though his mahou shoujos weren't cute, his ecchi wasn't sexy. Though his edge and robots were great.

though in some minds none of these genres are a good thing so he probably should be more hated.
>>
>>121847875
>magical girl genre
Not sure about it. After Cutie Honey, magical girls were still slice-of-life with some magic. Sailor Moon switched the genre to fighting evil on skimpy suits and Takeuchi didn't seem especially fond of uncle Go.
>>
>>121847564
I wish he would improve his artsyle, instead of being stuck with the 90s one.
Though, I am grateful for his contribution to the anime/manga industry.
>>
File: DevilCLAMP.jpg (1MB, 1413x1754px) Image search: [Google]
DevilCLAMP.jpg
1MB, 1413x1754px
>>121847875
What about his contribution to BL?
Kawoshin wouldn't exist without these guys, or at least it'd be very diferent.
Aparently Grendizer was a big influence on BL back in the 70s and uncle Go's main contribution was to include Kouji on every episode, what make him the "heroine" de facto.
>>
File: violence jack.jpg (142KB, 494x746px) Image search: [Google]
violence jack.jpg
142KB, 494x746px
>>121847564
I wish fansubbers didn't hate him so much
>>
>>121848036
Whether or not people want them doesn't matter; the point is he played a huge role in shaping the industry into the way it is today & barely gets recognition for it.

>>121848047
Sailor Moon might've revolutionized it, but Cutie Honey started it. Also, it's blatantly obvious Sailor Moon was influenced by it as well based on the visual aesthetics, regardless of what the author says.
>>
>>121848213
"Shaping the industry" is not always a good thing especially if you are one of the people who hate the industry in its current state.

I mean Eva also had an influence on the industry, doesn't stop half the anime fanbase from hating it (and for good reason).
>>
>>121848322
So what if it's not a "good thing", that's not the point you stupid faggot. Is your comprehension this shit?

Whether or not he has a positive influence is up to interpretation. The point is he's shaped the industry & doesn't get properly recognized.
>>
>>121848550
But you wouldn't appreciate him if you found his works a negative influence.
>>
>>121848213
As much credit as I give to Sailor Moon for mahou shoujo, I have to admit Cutie Honey went that direction LONG before, but for whatever reason those elements didn't stick with the genre till Takeuchi.

Part of that might have to do with Honey being an android with Fixed Air Elements system or whatever which was more Sci-Fi than magic and she was a solo heroin rather than a group sentai.

You cannot argue the female naked transformation into a specific evil-fighting alter-ego wasn't Nagai's pioneering.
>>
>>121848322
The current state of the industry was caused by the Japanese recession. All the problems with modern anime are related to the economy. Japan see its economy not as a tool for having a better life but as the main reason to feel proud of being Japanese. The entire nation lost its shit with the bubble burst
>>
>>121847564
Uncle Go is Uncle Go. He doesn't need /a/, and what he did - and does - still shapes /a/, no matter what newf/a/gs like it or not, or even know about him..
>>
Should I watch Mazinger or Getter first?
>>
File: cutie honey flash.jpg (149KB, 350x344px) Image search: [Google]
cutie honey flash.jpg
149KB, 350x344px
>>121848831
And then this happened
>>
>>121849178
To be fair I think this filled SM time-slot after the last season aired, it was one of the many clones that tried to reproducer the magical girl sentai genre unsuccessful until PreCure started.

What a sad world we live in where Japanese people equate all magical girls with Pretty Cure schema.
>>
>>121848831
Cutey Honey didn't really add anything new to the table. It just took an existing concept and turned the protagonist into a girl.
Even the catchphrase was ripped off from another series.
>>
>>121848831
Sailor Moon's birth is a little complicated. Originally, Takeuchi's editor had the idea of the sailor suit because he had a huge sailor fetish and that's how Sailor V born. Then another meddling happened when someone had the idea of making a heroine team. Takeuchi was already a sentaifag so she wanted to do it with more sci-fi and violence but the editor didn't allow it, so Sailor Moon was born. Then Junichi Satou was put in charge of the 90s anime and he bring a weird-looking young man called Kunihiko Ikuhara and both did their own thing with little relation with the manga.
>>
>>121847875
>Pioneer.
This. A lot of his works are straigh up classics of their respective genres.

That said, i don't really like the endless amount of remakes, reboots, sequels, crossovers and parallel series he's done.
There are like 5 to 10 manga series about any given major SuperRobot each, 5 or so of Devilman and so on.
>>
Even his worst stuff is entertaining
>>
File: 173.jpg (194KB, 940x1400px) Image search: [Google]
173.jpg
194KB, 940x1400px
>>121849484
I like some of the retellings. I know Devilman get very controversial after the original manga but I love all the universe, even Akira and Ryo's excellent adventures aka Shin Devilman. Some are better than others but they're enjoyable. Maybe it's because I really like these characters Miki not so much

Neo Devilman was made decades after the original Devilman but I almost cry reading it
>>
>>121849579
THIS

Nagai stuff aren't about reaching perfection. His works are insane so they're more about the wild imagination. Sometimes work, sometimes not so much but it's a wild ride
>>
File: Pegasus Seiya.gif (919KB, 190x126px) Image search: [Google]
Pegasus Seiya.gif
919KB, 190x126px
>>121848831
>>121849414
Not sure if it's my fanboyism but Sailor Moon seem very influenced by Saint Seiya. I mean like twins separated at birth
>>
>>121849414
>trying to school me on SM and 90's mahou shojo
pls.

>Takeuchi's editor had the idea of the sailor suit because he had a huge sailor fetish and that's how Sailor V born.

Osa-P is a gentlemen and also thats not true, or at least thats not the official story. Takeuchi has said many times that she indeed wanted a female sentai team, but she chose Sailor fuku because she wanted the heroines to be a symbol of universal empowerment to Japanese girls. The sailor suit was perfect for this because every Jap girl has to wear it so it had instant relate-ability. The fan-service aspect of it was just an added bonus.

>>121849359
Well, pretty much all art is a mish-mash derivative of an earlier piece. Rather than focus on similarities to earlier works, its better comment on what was new.
>>
File: kekko kamen.jpg (43KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
kekko kamen.jpg
43KB, 300x400px
>>121849359
Nagai loves parodies. Kekko Kamen born as a parody of Gekko Kamen, even her theme song is a clear rip-off because Nagai thought it sound funny. The thing is that Gekko Kamen was filmed on black-and-white and his battle suit was white so he looked naked.

I seriously doubt Takeuchi even know who Kekko Kamen is but I find hilarious that her head kinda looks like Usagi's odanko.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.