[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YuYuYu / Yuuki Yuuna / Yuki Yuna

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: YuYuYu-Originals.jpg (263KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
YuYuYu-Originals.jpg
263KB, 1280x720px
Yuki Yuna is not a “hidden gem.” It deserves its low score of 7.61/10 (by MAL standards). It is an extremely dull slice-of-life with bland characters that rides on its “dark twist.”

**Characters**

The biggest issue with YYY is that its [haracters are simply not interesting. They are some of the most one-dimensional, shallow cardboard cutouts I’ve ever seen. Because half the show is slice-of-life, it absolutely demands likeable characters.

Yuna – She has no personality. She’s generically optimistic. The story doesn’t even revolve around her. Why is she the title character? She’s never pushes the plot.

Fu – She’s the club leader. Cool.

Itsuki – She’s the younger sister of Fu. Just generically cute and she’s used for cheap sympathy when she loses her voice because she wants to be a singer. Boo hoo.

Togo – Slightly more interesting. I’ll admit, her being in a wheelchair was novel and made her more intriguing by default. She later investigates the details behind the Hero system so I actually liked her.

Karin – I actually liked Karin, too. She added a desperately needed bit of friction to the group. They showed her to be independent and hard working. Earning her skills.

That is only two characters that were remotely interesting, but most of the show revolves the girls doing the most mundane slice-of-life things. They go to karaoke, they eat udon noodles, they go the beach, they have a birthday party, and they have sleepovers. This is **most of the show**.

There are no subplots to keep you distracted until the main Hero plot picks up, and that isn’t until halfway into the series. If there’s anything resembling a subplot they are tasked to find owners for some kittens. I’m not kidding. This is a real plot point in the show. The pacing of the slice-of-life is mind numbingly slow. I cannot emphasize this enough. My issue is that the majority of the show is just dull.
>>
**The Ending**

The emotional core of the show is that the girls’ bodies are being sacrificed to fight off the monsters. They are dealt permanent disabilities like going blind, deaf, mute, etc. This is an extremely important part of the story and makes for great tension.

Except…

By the end of the show it’s all reset. That’s right. The single biggest point of emotional investment that you’ve had is ripped away for a cheap happy ending. And don’t tell me was foreshadowed or it’s explained in some obscure details. No, that is not how you write a story. This a fatal flaw. They teach you in Writing 101 that you do not end the story with a reset (i.e. it was all a dream, it was the Matrix, it was an hallucination, etc.) The ending and the emotional core of the show are in **direct contradiction**.

There is no justification for this. I guarantee YYY fanboys will say “B-But the context! Y-You just didn’t understand the story!” This is the first line of fanboy defense when you point out a critical flaw in their show. This is like the Star Wars Prequel fanboys that will do mental gymnastics to justify their awful movies. They will say “I-It’s explained in the books and the c-comics!” Or Christian apologists that say “You’re not looking at the full context of the Bible.” This is circular reasoning. “X is right because X says so.”

This is not a difficult concept to understand. You don’t have your audience get invested into your story then take it away. YYY would’ve benefited more from either being 6 episodes or being a movie.

**Other complaints**

The enemy designs are bland.

The battles take place in an alternate dimension. How convenient. Instead of dealing with real world consequences they take easiest path.

There's no training episode. The girls are just somehow good at their wielding their powers. Training episodes are excellent plot tools for character development and exposition.

Cute animal mascots.
>>
**Things that were good**
Togo being in a wheelchair.
Togo fanservice.
Fu’s reaction when she found out her younger sister isn’t getting better.
I liked when Karin sacrificed herself because she was a decent character.
The at least attempted to foreshadow.

And that's the end, don't see why this series gets so much praise around here, but I just had to put this out there.
>>
>>>/tumblr/
>>
File: 1418333481294.jpg (66KB, 584x590px) Image search: [Google]
1418333481294.jpg
66KB, 584x590px
Well m'ankai'd my friend.
>>
>>121726932
I don't like to associate myself with them.
>>
>>121726764
Where did you pull all this shit? Tumblr?
>>
>>121727041
If you take the time to read, you'll find a lot of legitimate truth in there.
>>
>>121727104
Typed it myself for my own personal usage, but from browsing /a/ it seems there is a bit of a hardon for this series, so I decided to enlighten everyone here.
>>
>>121727159
You don't usually browse /a/ otherwise you would've known how cancerous your entire post was.
>>
>>121727159
Too bad google reveals where you got it from.
>>
File: 1423598152106.gif (2MB, 312x250px) Image search: [Google]
1423598152106.gif
2MB, 312x250px
>>121726764
>>121726805

Thank you for your review m'animepro
>>
>>121726805
> I guarantee YYY fanboys will say “B-But the context! Y-You just didn’t understand the story!” This is the first line of fanboy defense when you point out a critical flaw in their show

Neat kafkatrapping, 7.6/10.
>>
>>121727115
I read the whole thing. It's shit.

>it's all reset
Go read Sonogo no Sonoko. There's nothing reset about the situation.
>>
File: wat.png (570KB, 1102x1100px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
570KB, 1102x1100px
>>121726764
>MAL standards
>>
>>121727302
He didn't even pay attention to the show, considering
>The battles take place in an alternate dimension. How convenient. Instead of dealing with real world consequences they take easiest path.
>>
>>>/MAL/
>>
>>121726764
Just because you pair characters in an image doesn't make them analogous. Karin has more in common with Madoka than she does Kyouko.
>>
>>121727461
Itsuki has more in common with Madoka than Karin, only one that is legit I think is the Mami-Fuu analogy.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.