[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does anyone here play the piano or other instruments? what are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 11

File: images.jpg (8KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 251x201px
does anyone here play the piano or other instruments? what are your favorite animu pieces to play?
>>
Piano.

Melody, from Kakyuusei. It is damn good. A shame I do not have the notes.
>>
>>121346823
Piano

Komm, süsser Tod
>>
how long does it usually take to get good if you start at an older age? I've been playing for 3 years now and still can't play any somewhat fast paced things
>>
>>121346823
ギータ
Sorry, I prefer playing real music
>>
>>121346823
Piano.

Boku no Takaramono from SYD is pretty fun to play.
>>
>>121347590
Do you have any sheet music for it, or did you learn it by ear?
>>
>>121347658
Learned it by ear. I can barely even read sheet music.
>>
Clarinet and Tenor Sax. I don't exactly have a lot of options for animu music.
>>
>>121346904
for fucking ever

music is for masochists because no matter how good you get there are tons of people much better than you

it's much more common to be frustrated with your playing than happy with it

but if you really want to be good, you have to spend time and be very picky. time as in at least an hour a day, picky as in use a metronome and shit, do exercises for every single weakness you have, that sort of picky.
>>
I play all percussion (including the drumset). I can play a few OSTs from some games on the xylophone, but I need to get around to learning more songs on the drums.
>>
>>121346823
Violin. I can only play shit when I have the score, so I've never played anime music. Never felt the need to anyway.
>>
I've just started with the guitar, 2 weeks ago.

And I only know how to play Elfen Lied OP
>>
Piano

Mirai Nikki - Here with you
>>
Bass reporting in.

Don't know any anime related bass lines but If my memory doesn't fail me I think there are a couple of good ones out there.
>>
>>121346823
Guitar, Simple Bass, Even Simple Piano.
But I just bought a recorder and a harmonica a few days ago, I also plan to get a melodion Is it a good idea? and take my sister's violin because she doesn't even touch it.

Generally anything K-ON! is fun to play for me but I do try others, and I focus mostly on 'real' songs, so my band members would relate. KS is also good on the piano. Can only play friendship though.
>>
/a/ plays when?
>>
>>121348133
When everyone doesn't get lazy.
And when I can devote more time to my instrument, I might try to start one. I got a fuck-ass schedule at college, I go for more hours that even our local workers.
>>
>>121347935
>anime related bass lines
My favorite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UBgYLjTERs
>>
>>121346823
I can play the piano but I don't play it often. I like playing Hishoku no Sora on the piano.
>>
>>121348226
Made me remember one.
A lot more simple than the one you posted but still pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm1JuYGNalQ
>>
>>121348133
Hopefully never.
>>
>>121348122
>KS is also good on the piano
Have you checked out any of the other stuff the guy who composed the soundtrack has written?
>>
>>121346823
Piano, dango daikazoku, it's simple but I love. Although it's been a long time since I've played the piano last, I'd probably be utter shit now
>>
>>121347706
How hard is it to learn for the sake of just wanting to play the song that you enjoy listening to?
>>
>>121346823
Piano here

after hearing and playing the same song too many times, it's not that good like when you heard it for the first time, but i have fun playing Crossing Field(SAO OP 1) and Courage(SAO II OP 2)
>>
>>121348853
If it's only for a song it isn't difficult at all. It depends how hard the song is for your instrument though.
>>
>>121346823
Piano
I can only play odoru akachan ningen
>>
I learned to play a song from Fullmetal Alchemist Brother a long while ago.
Laws of Alchemy I think it was.
>>
File: 1390157648199.jpg (33KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
1390157648199.jpg
33KB, 320x480px
Piano, Guitar, and Saxophone

My favorite is Unbeatable Network from Gatchaman Crowds. It's a beautiful piece of music even if my arrangement is kind of shitty.
>>
>>121346823
Piano - though I have been lazy with my practice the last few years. There's plenty of piano songs in anime that never gets transcribed, but my favorites would have to be Fly Me to the Moon; Koi no Kioku; Moscow Mule from Bartender. I tried to transcribe High Heel shoes in Pink but can't find my notes anywhere.
>>
>>121349253
>High Hell Shoes in Pink

Too lazy to google, is that the song from [C]? I'd love to hear a transcription of that.
>>
>>121349281
It is. I did most of it by ear since my theory is trash. I'll try working on it this week since I'm on break. It'll help if I find my DAW files for it too. I'm disappointed that so many of Iwasaki's works never get transcribed.
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 704x528px
>>121346823
You can't play shit on the cello
>>
>>121348897
Such great taste anon.
>>
Just started learning to play the piano. It's fun but daunting as fuck.
>>
File: s_cello3.jpg (53KB, 327x602px) Image search: [Google]
s_cello3.jpg
53KB, 327x602px
>>121349349
Excuse me?
>>
I used to play the clarinet but I'm poorfag and don't have one any more and am wildly out of practice.
>>
>>121349568
That cello looks horrible
>>
Classical Guitar here. (currently learning an Erik Satie piece)

Shinsekai Yori ED (Warreta Ringo) is fun, also stuff from Clannad.
>>
>>121346823
>>>/mu/
>>
>>121346823
Nobody else plays flute?
It's harder to play anime music on the flute
>>
>>121349745
There used to be a guy that played the flute in the middle of the quad on my high school campus during lunch.
He didn't want to tells us he was playing the theme from Howl's Moving Castle when we asked him what he was playing. I assumed he was an anon trying to hide his powerlevel. Which was pretty useless since it was Ghibli. In fact it had the opposite effect.
>>
>>121348133
We've had orchestr/a/ for at least half a year.
>>
>>121349745

represent
>>
Piano
2hu
>>
>>121346823
Piano mainly and violin. I just play stuff from the current season, generally. Plus Origa things just for old time's sake.
>>
Guitar here. The only animu song I know how to play is "My Soul, Your Beats!" I learned how to play it back when I was obsessed with Angel Beats.

I cried like a bitch when Iwasawa died because I could relate to her love for music. It still makes me sad when I think about it ;_;
>>
>>121346823
I don't understand how people could play piano with both of their hands.
>>
File: 1380284756659.jpg (47KB, 340x277px) Image search: [Google]
1380284756659.jpg
47KB, 340x277px
I wish I had a cello and could play it competently.
>>
Piano.

Distant Everyday Memories from 5cm/s
>>
>>121350402
Practice. Usually the left hand playing the base will be on auto pilot and you only really focus on the melody in the right hand.
>>
>>121350486
Why do you want to play the cello?
>>
I play the piano and a friend of mine sings. Koi iro sora is probably the best piece for animu I can think of. Go listen to it, right now.
>>
>>121351443
probably in preparation for that kyoani anime
>>
File: 1411008791130.jpg (2MB, 2897x3548px) Image search: [Google]
1411008791130.jpg
2MB, 2897x3548px
Piano and viola here. I also sing but haven't done a lot that in a while. I play Secret Base from Ano Hana and Shining Star from Star Driver. Kind of want to start playing Aliez from Aldnoah Zero but eh... not feeling too motivated.
>>
Guitar and piano.
I really like to play Wareta Ringo on the guitar, but only slowly, it's mad to play it at its real speed.
>>
>>121351982

soprano alto tenor sax and oboe. Trying to learn guitar and piano.

Thought of making my own recording of various op's and ed's duet style for alto and tenor. That wont happen till I move out in march from the dorms.
>>
>>121349856
First I've heard of it.
>>
I've tried 2 years on the piano to learn 'in the speakeasy', Baccano! Still only got it down half way, it's a bitch song. Don't even know how I'm going to play the triads.
>>
Drums reporting in, playing the end to bakemono by supercell is my favorite
>>
>>121346823
Guitar here.

It was pretty fun learning how to play the Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun opening
>>
>>121354545
There are semi-regular threads but they're usually quite short lived.
>>
>all these pianos/guitars

Fucking entry-level shit. Where's my Violin/Chello bros at?
>>
>>121355551
Also, forgot to say, "Étude pour les petites supercordes" from Clannad is pretty cool.
>>
Piano here.

Winter Wind from Shigatsu. Pretty fun once you get the hang of it.
>>
Piano

I like playing the Ranma 1/2 opening from season 1 sometimes
>>
I've tried a lot and I can kind of play a piano but not really no. I mostly play woodwinds, especially saxes, and sometimes brass, but only high stuff like trumpets/french horns etc. I can't quite get my lips to work in low brass. I can't play a flute to save my life. And guitar. Does guitar even count? Who doesn't play guitar these days? My 9yo brother plays guitar.

Favorite stuff to play is mostly /v/ music tbh, at least solo. A lot of /v/ tracks, especially older ones, are a lot simpler in their arrangements and sound nice enough solo. I had a blast playing the NNB theme on my little brother's recorder from school though. I wish I were good at piano so I could play more complex things by myself but my brain doesn't like the mutitasking.
>>
I haven't played seriously for at least 3 years.
>>
Bassist who doesn't get laid reporting in.
Anime (and jrock/jpop in general) has a surprising amount of good, fun basslines. I really wanna learn this one next but it's pretty fucking hard and I suck ass.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25179889
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22856838
>>
>>121346823
I play the Harp, started 5 years ago, I'm 22 now
My favorite ones are from the Macross series, Mushi-shi is pretty easy too.
>>
>>121346823

Guitar, Flute, and Piano.

I know how to play the first four Pokemon Themes, Brave Song, from Angel Beats, a few Supercell pieces, and currently play from-ear the new ED for Durarara.
>>
File: instincts.png (2KB, 256x272px) Image search: [Google]
instincts.png
2KB, 256x272px
>trying to learn classical guitar, but am so bad it's not even funny.
The only thing I am able to do is to play amateurish recorder. At least I can play this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShVno5Yj4AQ.
Some day I'll get you, Une Lumiere Envoutante.
>>
>>121350402
It's sort of the same way you type on a computer keyboard with 2 hands, but you have to practice to get it right.
>>
>>121356528
Are you claiming that those people excist who doesn't type with both hands?

I do understand if you can't type without watching keyboard.
>>
>>121346823
touhou
>>
>>121356632
Keypeckers exist, but I'm just providing an analogy. Playing piano is harder than a computer keyboard since it's more simultaneous, but it isn't incredibly difficult.
>>
If anyone's interested and has the means to record their instrument, check out the orchestr/a/ project pad - https://titanpad.com/orchestra
>>
>>121356735
There is at least four rows and smaller keys in keyboard than on piano. Check mate!
>>
>>121356528
It's a bit different than that though. It would be more like typing two different sentences at the same time.
>>
>>121356760
Yeah but you aren't playing melodies and chords with a computer keyboard (unless you're using a tracker or DAW or whatever), and you type one key at a time on a computer keyboard rather than the multiple keys you have with a piano.
>>
>>121347935
Guitar reporting. Try this. http://youtu.be/0mI_c_R8-Mk

I used to play the TTGL OP all the time, and Tenshi Ni Fureta Yo from K-on
>>
>>121356873
>you type one key at a time on a computer keyboard rather than the multiple keys you have with a piano
Stop being delusional.
Speedtyping is exploiting key input bumpers.
>>
>>121346823
I play Flugelhorn and Piano.
>>
Really want to learn piano but just don't have the time.
Chopin is my favorite, I love the raindrop prelude.
>>
>>121357037
You can't type the letters of a word all at the same time and that word then comes out. That's a chord. THen there's the left and right hand parts doing different things at the same time, as if you were typing multiple words with multiple key presses at once in one sentence and then simultaneously typing a second sentence underneath it on the next line. It's completely different from typing.
>>
>>121357384
Piano is same as guitar. Remember what kind of shape your fingers must be to get correct cord -> press keys/strings. Now you can play.
You hear if you fucked up your shape.
>>
Piano. Connect by claris is fun to play if you can find a good arrangement of it. The anime pianist Marasy8 on youtube has a lot of complex arrangements that id like to eventually learn
>>
I play saxophone. I play a lot of touhou arranges. I used to play anime songs but that has become less. Why is ZUN such a great composer?
>>
>>121357760
You can play chords and melodies at the same time with a piano, it's not exactly the same as a guitar.
>>
>>121358314
Is that so?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0onhHD9zjI
>>
File: 1423266180334.gif (3MB, 291x300px) Image search: [Google]
1423266180334.gif
3MB, 291x300px
>>121357760
Why do assmad retards always think their shitty instrument is the same as piano?
>>
File: church bell ringing.jpg (53KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
church bell ringing.jpg
53KB, 620x350px
>>121346823

I'm a campanologist and a member of a church bell ringing band.

Church bells are the absolute most dangerous music you can make. Metalheads in moshpits are sissy faggots. What other instrument can break your jaw or strip the skin off the palm of your hand as part of its operation?

>>bellringing anime never
>>
>>121358344
That's nice, but can your guitar do this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M-5kmtSfLw
>>
>>121358936
No. You can't make music box out of guitar.
>>
>all these acousticfags
Everyone knows synthesizers are the best instruments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZlWyCPxl74
>>
>>121346823
PI
>>
>>121360015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pchpDD5EU
>>
>>121346823
>playing anime pieces
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.