[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just saw Another Impact from the Animator Expo and thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: AnotherImpact.jpg (59KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
AnotherImpact.jpg
59KB, 640x360px
I just saw Another Impact from the Animator Expo and thought it was pretty awesome.

What did you other /a/nons think of it?

For those who haven't seen it.

http://animatorexpo.com/evangelionanotherimpact/
>>
It was cool

As with anything Eva related, I'm left with more confusion than hype
>>
I love Aramaki's directing. Appleseed was fucking beautiful.
>>
CGI looked nice, but the animation for the eva itself was a bit iffy and didn't properly convey the sheer weight or scale of the mech.

The sound editing wasn't good either. I appreciated the use of classic sound effects and that Rebuild track, but in some instances it felt off.

As for the hype, I think this is directly connected to Rebuild despite what synopsis says. There's too many hints to be ignored. It might be something that happened during the time skip?
>>
>>120966269

>There's too many hints to be ignored.

Please expound.
>>
>>120964566
just more shitty video game graphics; nothing worthy of praise
>>
>>120964566
> Aramaki: Hey, Anno, give me some money and I'll show you how CGI is supposed to look. You will forget that shit in Rebuild movies in no time.
> Anno: Okay.
> And the justice was doneā€¦

If Anno's going to use that awful CGI Evangelions from previous Rebuild movies instead of this then he's genuine retard. Still would prefer actual hand-drawn animation but CGI then go with Aramaki.
>>
>>120966269

I don't think it's directly related.
>>
>>120967343
It would look like complete shit if they just imported the Eva model from here into Rebuild. It looks good in this short because everything is CG and everything is built around the art style within the short. If they just threw it into Rebuild, it'd be conspicuous as fuck.
>>
>>120967511

Maybe they'll do the entire movie with Aramaki style CG.
>>
>>120967503
I think it is, regardless of what they're trying to pass off. Because that's just how Anno rolls, when it comes to Eva, he's all about trolling or surprising the expectations of his viewers.

>>120966407
Blood red ocean at the end for starters. Also I'm pretty sure that the soul in that Eva is Shinji on account of the focus on Rei, and the Shinji-Rei relationship being a big deal in the movies, with him trying to rescue her in 2.0 and find her in 3.0.
>>
>>120965873
He ruined everything with Alpha. Fuck him, I'm still mad
This was good, but only because they didn't show any human character
>>
>>120966592
This. It was absolutely awful and you'd have to be retarded to think otherwise.
>>
It was great, the sound editing was bad, but that's the only bad thing. Considering the budget it is quite a feat.
>>
>>120971001
Shut the fuck up. You don't even know the budget, and the CGI is videogame tier and the directing is even worse.
>>
>>120971001
>Considering the budget it is quite a feat.
What budget?

Isn't this supposed to be were people show off there skills as an animator?
>>
>>120971070
>>120971075
Well it looked Hollywood tier and I'm sure as hell it didn't have a Hollywood budget. Yes it used a lot of camara tricks, but it looked great overall
>>
>>120971312
It wasn't even close to Hollywood tier. Take transformers or pacific rim as an example, this short looks far worse in comparison.

It looks like shit anon.
>>
>>120971375
No it doesn't, it looked great, the direction was top tier, the textures were simplier than transformers or PR, but because of the effects/filters it looked very similar.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.