[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /a/, with the upcoming new Lupin anime, what are the most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: blue jacket.jpg (211KB, 1000x708px) Image search: [Google]
blue jacket.jpg
211KB, 1000x708px
So /a/, with the upcoming new Lupin anime, what are the most essential parts of older Lupin you'd want to watch to become familiar with the franchise?

Just Green Jacket? A couple of the movies/tv specials? Avoid Castle of Cagliostro?
>>
>avoid calgiostro
why?
>>
>>120893684
None, it's very episodic besides recurring characters. You can watch the original Lupin and you're good.
>>
>>120893759
Its a good movie, but Lupin acts really out of character in it.
>>
You can watch anything. I started on Red Jacket, and discovered Green Jacket on my own and ended up loving it. All Lupin is good Lupin.
>>
>>120893795
lupin certainly doesnt act like a womanizer, but its a ghibli film thats worth it

although if youre really into lupin then everything is essential
>>
Green Jacket (s1)
Castle of Cagliostro
Miyazaki episodes in s2
Mystery of Mamo

Should be essential for any anime fan.
>>
>>120894452
>Miyazaki episodes in s2
Do you have a cheat sheet for those?
>>
File: rupinsansei.png (61KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
rupinsansei.png
61KB, 500x390px
>>120893795
Lupin's character is not entirely defined or completely enumerated. Lupin III is a master gentleman thief. Every interpretation does not deviate from this, but his personality can vary greatly.

In the green jacket series, he is an anti-hero of sorts. Not quite evil, but he never kills anyone nor has malicious intent (other than to steal).

In red jacket, he is goofy and more cartoonish. He is most definitely a womanizer, but not as skilled in the previous series. He's also more like a clown than a joker (IMO).

I've never seen pink jacket, so I have no comment.

The OVAs, movies, and specials have their own variations. Miyazaki's Lupin III is closer to the original Arsene Lupin books. This Lupin is more of a gentleman, but still a thief. He is well-versed in history, arts, and other skills.

The Lupin of the Fujiko Mine series is a return to its roots by being darker and more cynical. It's very mysterious and seems like an odd entry compared to the others.

I love Lupin III and it's a phenomenal franchise. Every series has its merits. Personally, I love green jacket and Castle of Cagiostro the most. Hopefully, blue jacket will have some elements from the more prolific interpretations. I'd prefer if it were a little closer to green jacket.
>>
File: lupin 145.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lupin 145.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>120894845
145 and 155
>>
>>120894452
Hmm, so Mystery of Mamo was dubbed 4 different times. Are any of them worthwhile, or are all of them trash?
>>
>>120895277
Apparently the Japan Airlines dub is supposed to be the best one. I only watched it subbed.
>>
>>120893684
watch green jacket Lupin, then red jacket, then as many of the movies as you can find, then that god awful the woman called fujiko mine, and then if have any spare time start pink jacket.

Red Jacket is my favorite. Green Jacket is still amazing and is fairly short compared to the other versions.
>>
>>120895587
>god awful the woman called fujiko mine
the lupin/jigen parts were good
>>
>>120895587
>god awful the woman called fujiko mine
Come on, it wasn't that bad.
>>
>>120895763
Too much Fujiko, not enough Lupin/Jigen. When those two were on screen, it was awesome.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.