[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Anime was a MISTAKE!" - Hayao Miyazaki

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: Hayao-Miyazaki.jpg (30KB, 550x382px) Image search: [Google]
Hayao-Miyazaki.jpg
30KB, 550x382px
According to Miyazaki the quality of anime is suffering because industry staff is made up of "otaku," or people who obsessively love anime.

he term "otaku" has a rather negative connotation in Japan and is used more to classify fans who obsess over something (this need not be anime). Miyazaki's specific concerns are over the lack of attention paid to people in real life. He said people in the industry "don't spend time watching real people" and can be characterized as "humans who can't stand looking at other humans." He then called the industry "full of otaku."

Miyazaki approaches animation by observing others. In the interview, as Miyazaki sketches, he explains he's able to create art because he spends time watching others. "Whether you can draw like this or not, being able to think up this kind of design, depends on whether or not you can say to yourself, 'Oh, yeah, girls like this exist in real life.'"

With plenty of anime portraying characters without development or capability of change and agency, Miyazaki has a point. In order to create compelling stories and characters, a person needs to both have well-rounded experiences and meet different people.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131872-Hayao-Miyazaki-Anime-Suffers-Because-the-Industry-is-Full-of-Otaku
>>
>>120889887
How many times are we going to have this thread?
>>
>>120889922
Until you shrivel up and die from your river of tears
>>
File: 1422935878649.jpg (64KB, 537x416px) Image search: [Google]
1422935878649.jpg
64KB, 537x416px
>>
Reminder that you should report this shit.
>>
Agreed.
>>
File: Miyazaki on KLK.jpg (63KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
Miyazaki on KLK.jpg
63KB, 620x387px
But he likes Inferno Cop.
>>
Did he die?
Ghibli is dead so why do we still care about him ?
>>
File: 1391204900241.jpg (15KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1391204900241.jpg
15KB, 400x240px
>>120889887
>>
How many times will we have this thread?
>>
I get that most people here are only ironically pretending to care about what this goober thinks, but are there really any people here that actually care about his opinions? Even one person? Just curious.
>>
>>120890411
Until shitposters stop giggling every time they post it again.
>>
>>120890443

I do on a "what a founder thinks of the current state of affairs of one of my hobbies" level. That's about it though. I don't put much weight into his opinions.
>>
"I never said. Don't you ever say that to me again. Don't you -- do not. Do not."

--Asian Morgan Freeman
>>
>>120890443
Why not?

It's not like he's one of the most influential people in the entire medium or anything
>>
>>120890513
Founder? This isn't a Tezuka thread.
>>
File: 1422473628201.png (111KB, 386x300px) Image search: [Google]
1422473628201.png
111KB, 386x300px
I don't enjoy these things, so neither should you.
>>
>>120890606
Who did he influence exactly?
>>
>>120890659
It's mostly the type of influence that gets a lot of people interested in anime.
>>
>>120889887
Look at the anime coming out these days and tell me he's wrong. He's not.
>>
>>120890606
>It's not like he's one of the most influential people in the entire medium or anything
Animation in general or japanese animation?

You don't know shit you're talking about.
>>
>girls like this exist in real life
>says the guy who has THE SAME heroine in EVERY movie
>>
>>120890796
Anime today has more character development than a lot of the older classics. Though granted a lot of that is them copying a development archtype that was successful rather than creating it on their own. But seriously, older series tend to have very static characters or if there is development it seems to mostly occur off screen rather than a reaction to events we see in the series.
>But <old series> was great!
Possibly, but you can have a great series with static characters, or it just might be an exception.
>>
>>120890910
I'm actually having a hard time finding any non-Ghibli anime director that claims influence from Miyazaki.
>>
What he really wants to say: I want to inspire people, not leave them in awe. (but he also wants to leave them in awe)
>>
>>120890970
>girl is not real because is in every movie

are you completely retarded?
>>
He's right about anime not being related to how real actual people behave

It's painfully obvious the writers and directors had a very stunted social and emotional environment.
>>
>>120891172
You failed to understand his post. Given two possible interpretations, you picked the one that doesn't make sense and missed the one that does. You are completely retarded.
>>
File: vogzptaz4okfdnyrbwfp[1].gif (2MB, 636x357px) Image search: [Google]
vogzptaz4okfdnyrbwfp[1].gif
2MB, 636x357px
>>120889887
>he dubbed a "game machine-type thing" that people use by "stroking with strange gestures". "It's disgusting. On trains, the number of those people doing that strange masturbation-like gesture is multiplying."

>It's not only the iPad Miyazaki is giving the cold shoulder: he has said that he doesn't own a computer, fax machine, or DVD player; rarely watches TV; and doesn't know how to use a video camera.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.