[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens if Shiki cuts a line on accident? Like, he's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: shiki.jpg (21KB, 240x300px) Image search: [Google]
shiki.jpg
21KB, 240x300px
What happens if Shiki cuts a line on accident?

Like, he's trimming his pubes one day, chilling out listenin to j-rock, and then SNAP! there goes Arc's future babies

Does his powers only work when he focuses on the lines? Does this ever happen in the VN?
>>
when his glasses on he donut see the laines. he can only cought if he can seed the lyings. it's bury sample catshully.
>>
>>120845499
What the hell are you doing?
>>
>>120845499
Ignoring whatever the fuck this person is doing, is that actually how that works? Do the lines only exist for someone who can see them?
>>
>>120845499
Joyce, is that you?
>>
>>120845952
M8 you have to choose to cut the lines. Shiki doesn't see the lines with his glasses on. Therefore he can't cut them.
>>
>>120845952
That's the idea, assuming truths about lines and MEoDP from KnK carry over.

Somewhat related: the key thing isn't seeing the lines per se, it's perceiving the lines and the entropy they represent.
>>
>>120845952
Yes the lines are the manifestation of that person/thing's lifespan and exist for the eye user only. And of course, only when he/she can see them.
>>
File: KNK02_22-23.jpg (3MB, 2208x1600px) Image search: [Google]
KNK02_22-23.jpg
3MB, 2208x1600px
>>
If the lines worked without seeing them, then normal people would randomly spontaneously kill themselves/others all the fucking time.
>>
>>120845499
are you okay
>>
Shiki CAN guide someone else to cut lines. I think that's what canonically happens in Melty Blood, except with a point.
>>
The lines are a metaphor.
>>
>>120850912
They're a metaphor made literal.

There are quite a few things like that in the Nasuverse.
>>
>>120848649

That'd be pretty hilarious, actually.

Or a diabolical plot of a villain, giving everyone in the world MEoDP and watching society go up in flames as everyone starts killing each other.
>>
>>120850447

It still requires the expertise of someone who can see the lines/points, though, because the odds of someone cutting them without MEoDP or the guidance of someone who does have them are astronomically small otherwise. The same kind of odds a micro black hole has of being self-sustaining; IE basically it'd never happen unless you had infinite time.
>>
>>120845952

Essentially. Even if he points out the lines for someone else, they cannot interact with them, and he can't interact with them if he can't see them.

Seeing the lines means understanding death, it causes the mind to trace a path back to the root to pull information from nowhere. This is why it hurts his brain to look at the death of something abnormal, as the path it has to trace gets more twisty and confusing. The death still exists there (with the sole exception of ultimate ones), it's just really impossible to perceive for a mortal.
>>
>>120851164
Yeah, it's interesting how much Nasu seems to like doing that, especially in KnK and Tsukihime.
>>
>>120851399
Let's not forget how Archer is a thematic metaphor for Shirou, as well as literally being Shirou, in Fate/Stay Night.
>>
File: 1394408559343.jpg (562KB, 4420x5000px)
1394408559343.jpg
562KB, 4420x5000px
>>120845499
I completely understand what you're saying, thank you.
>>
>>120851452
True.

Also universe-wide: the Origin is a metaphor for omniscience while being, in the context of the story, literal omniscience.
>>
I'm pretty sure they're still there regardless of having the Mystic Eyes, but they're practically impossible to cut accidentally. I don't think Nasu ever really explains why that is, Shiki had trouble getting it right the first time even with the eyes so I guess it can't be that easy.
>>
>>120851399
>>120851452
Shirou's entire character is a metaphor made literal. Especially his Reality Marble.

Hell, Reality Marbles in general are metaphors made literal. The NAME "Reality Marble" is a goddamn metaphor.
>>
>>120851557

Can't interact with death without understanding death, can't understand death without seeing death.
>>
>>120845499
Autocorrect?
>>
>>120845499
Sorry about this post, guys. I went to the bathroom and when I got back my cat was on my keyboard. Weird, usually he can't make it through the captcha.
>>
>>120851557
The entropy the lines represent exists, but the lines, which are conceptual representations of that "death", only exist as a perception of a MEoDP user.

Also, Ryougi "cut" a vase of flowers by touching it with a finger out of curiosity immediately upon awakening. Granted, she's a different beast than Tohno, but for her killing things is trivially easy.
>>
>>120851794
Didn't Tohno cut something with his fingernails at some point in the VN? I know he dotstabbed one of Nrvnqsr's beasts with his hand in the manga.
>>
>>120851853
It's been years since I last read Tsukihime so I'm not really sure. Would be nice if someone else could confirm.
>>
>>120851853

He killed one of Roa's Dead puppets with his fingertips, yes. Their lines were so thick that a knife wasn't necessary.
>>
>>120851794

She also doesn't wear Mystic Eye Killers and sees lines all the time. I guess she has to actively try not to fuck shit up when interacting with the world.
>>
>>120851956
>sees lines all the time.
Are you sure about that? IIRC, she can consciously choose to see lines or not. That's visually illustrated in the films by her "turning on" her eyes and borne out in the novels.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.