[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psycho manga/anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: 6yuh4e.jpg (296KB, 824x1200px) Image search: [Google]
6yuh4e.jpg
296KB, 824x1200px
What's the most dark/twisted manga you've ever read?

I don't mean twisted as in guro manga but more like psychologically dark, manga with stories that make you feel bad or pessimistic because they actually tell you the truth about how f*d up humanity can be.

Examples:
-Himizu(dark&twisted)(image)
-Nijigahara Holograph(very subtle, making it even more dark)
>>
>>120831033
>f*d
Friends, that's a good way to destroy your thread right at the beginning.

I hope it does so you learn not to write like a massive faggot.
>>
>>120831033
Himizu seems interesting enough to read
>>
>>120831033
-Goth in terms of psychological fucked-upness.
-Texhnolyze (it's anime, but still) in terms of existential despair inducement.
But who knows, that's probably just the tip of the iceberg as far as these things go.
>>
>>120831033
Shamo is decent for that.
>>
Homonculus is a good one.
>>
>f*d
>>
Do you think authors write these stories to release stress, or to feel like God in their own dimension?
>>
File: 007 (2).png (432KB, 925x1400px) Image search: [Google]
007 (2).png
432KB, 925x1400px
Gantz is pretty fucked up and cynical at a lot of times
>>
File: 1422445799438.jpg (119KB, 528x573px) Image search: [Google]
1422445799438.jpg
119KB, 528x573px
>Mirai Nikki
>>
>>120831033
Why do you censor yourself anon? What troubles you, to think that you may be ridiculed for swearing on an anonymous website?
>>
>>120834972
Is shit.
>>
>>120831033
Doctor Du Ming is manhua but is one of my few 10/10, and one of the few I own IRL
Usotsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan: Totteoki no Uso certainly is a good one
Kotegawa Yua draws quite well and her characters are nice, I like her way of ending stories but sometimes she really fucks things up. Liked Kimi no knife and Anne Freaks anyway, but don't take these too seriously.
Some of Junji Ito's can have these vibes.
fetish is also not that bad.
Try using MAL for this, don't read reviews or shit like this, but recommendations are actually pretty useful, if you don't listen to all of them.
>>
>>120831371
>-Goth in terms of psychological fucked-upness.
I think the scene I remember the most from Goth is when after discovering that the cafe owner is the serial killer and the kidnapper he just shakes hands with him and lets him go, because they belong to the "same world"
>>
File: Bradherley's_Coach_000-a.jpg (2MB, 3463x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Bradherley's_Coach_000-a.jpg
2MB, 3463x1400px
>>120836151
Yeah, Dr. Du Ming is pretty good, I had to agree with you, this is one of best psychological crime themed manga/manhua I've ever read. Anyway, thanks for your list, I'll check it out.

by the way, thanks to anon, I found this amazing manga. The ending kinda weak but I like it, each chapters has different story telling and pretty enjoyable to read.

I'm not OP though, but I enjoyed this kind of manga.
>>
File: 014.jpg (548KB, 1116x1600px) Image search: [Google]
014.jpg
548KB, 1116x1600px
>>120831033
For some twisted psychology, you should try Tsumi to Batsu.
>>
I've some pretty fucked up shit about a manga called Yotsubato.

I'm too scared to check it out.
>>
>>120832136
I remember found that in rental book few years ago. Haven't read it because at that time I still kinda feel ill when saw that level of gore arts. Is it completely scanlated ?
>>
>>120836480
ah, I remember this one, haven't finished this. Thanks for reminds me.
>>
>>120836438
>this is one of best psychological crime themed manga/manhua I've ever read.
The final page, oh god, this one I didn't expect. This is actually the first time I was that surprised by something in a manga.
Thanks for the recommendation, and yeah, many mangas of this type tend to have weak ends. I really like Kotegawa Yua's ends because you know that in reality it would end like this. They can make you feel awful though.
I really like this kind of manga too, it's my favorite, but there's so few of it... And novels are almost never translated. I read Gekkou the other day, it does have some things in common with Goth but almost no "darkness" (inb4 "edge").
I only read the 1st chapter of Fraction but it seemed somewhat promising. Petshop of horrors is somewhat realted to this topic, but goddamn awful image quality.
I guess American and European people can depict darkness better in books or comics.
>>
>>120836539
Yup.
>>
>f*d
>>
File: img000003.png (144KB, 882x1300px) Image search: [Google]
img000003.png
144KB, 882x1300px
Stealth Symphony

Author knew they were getting canceled and decided to try to save themselves by turning the whole thing on its head.
>>
>>120836780
Gekkou, I don't really remember the whole story but kinda like it. I need to re-read it again.

>Petshop of horrors is somewhat realted to this topic, but goddamn awful image quality.
The anime version ? I've always want to watch this, but the torrent is really hard to find.
>>
Try Wolfsmund.
>>
I start reading "Please Save My Earth!" today, and it surprisingly good. Is that counted as psychological ?
Of course not the dark theme in it isn't the same level with the manga discussed in this thread, but somehow it feels more dark than typical Josei manga.

Same with Helter Skelter, but it doesn't have supernatural theme like "Please Save My Earth!"
>>
>>120837813
Nah I only read the manga
>>
>f*d
>>
File: Sparky sparky boom man.jpg (409KB, 1280x907px) Image search: [Google]
Sparky sparky boom man.jpg
409KB, 1280x907px
>>120831033
Ichi the Killer is really fucked up in terms of violence and occasionally was psychologically dark, but it was kind of offset by the comedy in the manga. Homunculus is a better example I guess.

Not /a/ but Moral Orel is easily the king of this. The first two season finales and third season just rip your heart out.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.