[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What anime/manga had the potential to be amazing, but was killed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: desu gun.webm (1MB, 1280x720px)
desu gun.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
What anime/manga had the potential to be amazing, but was killed by terrible plot.
and why is it SAO
>>
Please don't be serious.
>>
File: 1400555589327.png (674KB, 1100x702px) Image search: [Google]
1400555589327.png
674KB, 1100x702px
>>120806303
Akuma no riddle
>>
File: derrrp.jpg (11KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
derrrp.jpg
11KB, 236x236px
>>120806303
>SAO
>having potential to be amazing
OP is a faggot
>>
NGE
>>
>>120806373
This.
>battle royal to kill one target
>nobody dies
>asspulls out of nowhere
>>
Penguindrum
>>
Black Rock Shooter.
>>
>>120806303
So many really.
Anime and manga have tons of imagination and potential but their executions are often so god awful
>>
>>120806303
I agree with OP, there are so many ways the preexisting world and characters could be expanded that it could be genuinely interesting and awesome. One of the largest examples of wasted potential. It really is just fan fiction quality in every regard as it stands, as if in an alternate universe someone wrote a good version of SAO, and Kawahara somehow got a hold of this and started writing his OC character Kirito in to an original plot where he becomes the center of attention, gets all the girls to love him and marries Kawahara's waifu, Asuna, and solves all of the plot problems with his overpowered "natural skills".
>>
>>120806303

Darker than black, season 2

lets make the main characters side characters and have some random russian redhead become what-a-twist!

if hei could give other people contractor abilities then he would be the one being hunted by everyone, and could build a plot around him trying to make a worldwide ME to earn his freedom
>>
>>120806930

Agreed. Either by executive meddling or some cultural tendency, Japan is really bad at storytelling.

My vote for the saddest example is Wolf's Rain.
>>
>>120806303
Vividred Operation.
The plot was literally ass.
>>
>>120807033
He changed his way of writing in Alicization arc.
>>
Kill la Kill
Not only the plot, but it was certainly a factor.
>>
>>120806303
I haven't watched it but Guilty Crown.
>>
File: konsatoshi.jpg (30KB, 550x312px) Image search: [Google]
konsatoshi.jpg
30KB, 550x312px
>>120807105
Why can't he come back...
>>
>>120807254
It was all plot.
Ancient aliens is always fucking stupid.
I thought the clothing motif was interesting and unique.
>>
>>120806303
Hells

And even though it's way too early to pass judgement, Rolling Girls.
>>
>>120807368
>You will never hear a soundtrack for an anime by Susumu Hirasawa outside of Berserk things ever again
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.