[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://blog.livedoor.jp/isayamahazi me/archives/8703905.html

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 3

File: 45.jpg (588KB, 1130x1600px) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
588KB, 1130x1600px
http://blog.livedoor.jp/isayamahazime/archives/8703905.html

Isayama had a very sweet dream after drawing 37 pages of the new chapter. The title of the article is Freud-sensei.
>>
>>120796401
So epic battle ahead?
>>
>>120796401
Father of Psychoanalysis, huh?
>>
>>120796401
Does anyone have a correct translation?
>>
>>120796401
I hope that sweet dream pertains to Eren's death.
>>
File: 1421095317688.jpg (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1421095317688.jpg
182KB, 1024x1024px
>>120796401
>He had a very sweet dream
But what does that mean?
>>
>>120796401
So someone has a mother or father complex?

Is it Historia?
>>
>>120796808
Historia centered chapter?
Human development is determined by events in early childhood.
Thoughts, experiences, manners and attitude are influenced by irrational drives.
Irrational drives are unconscious.
Trying to make those drives aware leads to psychological resistance.
Conflict between conscious and unconscious materializes in emotional disturbances.
>>
>>120797329
Then this means Historia's death is nearing. Her character is reaching its conclusion.
>>
>>120796902
Isayama had a very sweet dream after drawing chapter 66. He looked at his own reflection in the mirror and questioned if ''this was really the right choice to made''

get hype for Eren's death
>>
>>120797496
>>120797496
So basically he did something that will upset the fanbase or he totally sold his soul to the shekels by killing nobody and giving no answers.
>>
>>120797609
I think it's the former. He did something that will upset the fanbase very much and in the aftermath he's wondering if this was really the right choice to make.

I don't think he would be wondering about that if it was indeed something that wouldn't upset the biggest part of his fanbase.
>>
File: laughing whore.gif (1023KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
laughing whore.gif
1023KB, 500x361px
>bert, ernie, erwin and annie are the onlly interesting characters in this shit manga
>they never appear again
>>
>>120797681
A Fujobait dies.
>>
>tfw he killed off Historia and now he's regretting it
>>
>>120797681
It could be about himself, and how he let the fanbase and his editors change the story in a direction he didn't want.

I hope you're right. Maybe Eren will really die.
>>
Historia ded
>>
>>120797740
Manlet death incoming.
That's why he mentioned the "choice" part.
It's his philosophy he lectured Eren about back in the Forest.
Humanities strongest and strongest Titan kill each other.
>>
>>120798009
>The golden goose dying

Wishful thinking anon
>>
>>120797708
I rather have Erwin disappear than to die a horrible death
>>
>>120797708
>Bert
>interesting
>>
>>120797708
>not liking The Slow Political Adventures of Manlet and Co.
>>
Who will be kill
>Eren
>Historia
>Connie
>Sasha
>Hanji
>>
>>120798122
>questioned if "this was really the right choice to made"
>>
>>120798293
that could be a number of things
>>
>>120798293
He could of been talking about anyone
if Eren or manlet: what about the fujos
if Historia: what about the yurifags
>>
>>120798293
That would go for any named character at this point.
>>
I'm looking at his blog and my Japanese is admittedly pretty weak but the dream doesn't seem to be related to the chapter, he just mentioned he had it after finishing up those pages for the day. It's possible I'm wrong but I'd suggest not getting your expectations up over this
>>
>>120798189
Not him but he's one of the most interesting of the cast. Not that it's saying a lot, all SnK characters are shit.
>>
>>120798293
And here we have the new "ISAYAMA SAID IT".
What will be this time?: he is a fujoslut, Reiner is gay, he definetly hates Eren, he doesn't like Mikasa...
>>
>>120796401
I don't know how to feel about this upcoming chapter.
>>
>>120798727
Not him but Bert is fucking boring.
>>
What if no___one dies?
>>
>>120797329
What the fuck is up with Isayama turning Historia into a psychology experiment.
>>
>>120798817
Depends on the content of the chapter. A character dying doesn't make a good chapter.
>>
>>120798792
Nah, unless you're 5 and you prefer exaggerated characters over realistic ones.
>>
>>120798830
...because Historia is messed up

Historia is the focus of this arc

Historia makes extreme choices

Therefore Isayama is trying to understand her?
>>
>>120798879
Not him but aside from his affiliation with the shifter village I don't particularly find him to be interesting as a character.
>>
>>120798887
How does he not understand his own character still? Unless his initial plans for her were changed or something.
>>
>>120798948
In general no, but compared to most SnK characters, he is. Might be because he's hard to read though.
>>
>>120798879
Being "realistic" doesn't mean they are immediately a good or interesting character.
>>
>>120798973
Actually I do think he's doing good by trying to understand her more? Historia is not an easy character to handle is what I suppose
>>
>>120798998
I don't think he's more interesting than the majority of SnK characters. Perhaps really boring ones like Mikasa maybe but generally I think he's rather boring.
>>
>>120799012
If he kills her off now then it doesn't seem like he learned much about her, rather that he gave up on trying to figure her out.
>>
>>120799002
No but in his case he is. Jean would be another example of a good character in this manga, but Jean is indeed boring because he's too normal. On the other hand Bert has the genocide thing and it seems he's misanthropic, but he's not fleshed out enough. He also doesn't talk much so it could be intentional.
>>
>>120798244
notAnnie
>>
>>120799086
Reiner and Annie are actually interesting, Bert is just pathetic.
>>
>>120799061
Isayama trying his hardest to figure her out could mean that she won't be killed off and Isayama wants to know how to develop her beyond this point.
>>
>>120799123
Then maybe his post isn't that he killed anyone major.
>>
>>120799086
Bert is not a good character and definitely not comparable to Jean. May be because of the lack of screentime. I agree with the other anon that Reiner and Annie are more interesting.
>>
>>120799122
Pathetic doesn't equal uninteresting. If anything, being pathetic is what makes him more interesting. Reiner's issues are way too edgy for my tastes but he's well executed so far and I agree about Annie.
>>
>>120799163
Jean actually has consistent development that is reasonable for his character. Bert has nothing except for being the colossal titan who sweats a lot.
>>
>>120799176
How are Reiner's issues edgy? It seems like you don't understand the meaning of edgy.
>>
>>120799163
Bert is so far a great character despite the lack of screentime. Jean is much better of course, I only used him as an example of a good but "boring" character. Bert is way less boring than Jean but not as fleshed out because he lacks screentime.
>>
>>120799235
I guess if you're not "realistic" and quiet like Bert then your characteristics and issues are edgy.
>>
>>120799235
I understand it just fine, but mental issues don't work like that in real life so I'm not convinced.
>>
>>120799243
He's far from being great. He lacks character depth and so far he only broke down for a bit. ''that'' was his only point of characterization.
>>
>>120799263
Oh, you're that fag who gets immediately butthurt when someone says something positive about Bert. Sad. I don't even like Bert or have a favorite character in this series at all, but it's true.
>>
>>120799279
You don't understand much about people with mental issues then. Makes sense since you don't understand much about what makes a great character and what doesn't.
>>
>>120799346
>implying there's only one person here who hates Bert
>>
Is Historia a good character or did Isayama mess her up?
>>
>>120799294
>characterization
Characterization doesn't only happen when someone cries. Characterization is when he doesn't talk even when prompted and when he bawls his eyes out at extreme pressure. Keeping a distance from anyone but Reiner and being clingy like a dog.
>>
>bertfags pretend he's deep
>>
>>120799355
I certainly understand much about people with mental issues and that's not how it works.
>>
>>120799416
I'll make my judgement depending on how he concludes her. If he has her die in 66 then I'd say she was a mess, if she survives and he actually develops her then I would say she's one of the more complex characters.
>>
>>120799423
When Bert doesn't talk it's up to the reader to guess why he doesn't do that, that is a way to draw attention to a character, however it doesn't work that way if you're trying to describe a character as being well fleshed out. Bert's character could use a hell of a lot of working on, but what we've got so far of him doesn't make up for a character that is ''good''
>>
>>120799381
>I have no reading comprehension
>>
>>120799494
You think I'm someone I'm not therefore you believe there's only one person who thinks differently from you.
>>
>>120799416
She's good, certainly much better than she used to be. It's just that some people are upset because she's being naive as fuck, but that's nothing new.
>>
>>120799477
She's already one of the more, if not the most, complex characters. If she survives and he has her develop beyond this then she could be considered one of his better written characters.
>>
>>120799487
I agreed with you though, that's what I said too. My point is that for his little screentime, he is still good. The main thing I dislike about him is how we don't know if he hates humans or not, but I presume that's plot relevant for the future.
>>
>>120799518
You still show no reading comprehension. I'm sure a lot of people here disagree with me, but they don't get butthurt and resort to pathetic sarcasm at every chance they get.
>>
>>120799554
I'm not sure if she's the most complex overall, but I agree she is up there even as of now. If Isayama can get a better grasp of her character and fleshes her out more then she could easily become one of the better written ones because of her potential growth.
>>
>>120799163
If you're expecting from him the same characterization of a main character you're doing it wrong. He's good for an irrelevant character that barely had any screentime. He's fine for what he is.

The question here is why does he have so little screentime when he's the fucking colossal titan.
>>
>>120799592
Him being good is then your subjective opinion on him. I personally think that for being considered one of the main antagonists he still needs a bunch of development and way more characterization than what we have.

I think BRA were taught to hate humans, so yes, I think that him as being the only one to stick to his mission to the end without breaking, does still hate humans.
>>
>>120799640
I'm still not who you think I am, which is pretty funny that you want to insist that since I rarely even discuss Bert anyway. Also you seem to be pretty butthurt about so-called sarcasm.
>>
>>120799655
Probably because the main part of his personality is that he's a clingy taciturn, which means he doesn't talk a lot and he just follows Reiner around. He will probably be more fleshed out if the story focuses on BRY since we'll see some of his past and thoughts, which so far were spoilers and we couldn't see them.
>>
>>120799655
No I'm looking at him as one of the main antagonists, hell even more irrelevant characters have better characterization and development than he does.
>>
>>120799673
>Him being good is then your subjective opinion on him.
Could be applied to your opinion as well. I agree with what you said though, that's exactly what I said too. I suppose he might be the one that dislikes humans the most because of the children of the devil line.
>>
>>120799527
I really like her despite her shortcomings but I can understand why she would be a frustrating character for others.
>>
>>120799792
I didn't say he was a bad character either since I also take into consideration the amount of screentime he's had. I just don't consider him a great character.
>>
>>120799746
Characterization, no. Development, sure. Regarding characterization he's up there. Not the most characterized, but definitely more than characters like Connie, Sasha, Hanji and even Erwin.
>>
>>120799828
It comes down to opinions then, other than that we seem to agree. He can certainly use some fleshing out, but apparently BRY have been written off the story like Annie. Which is sad because Annie is my favorite.
>>
>>120799835
>Sasha
Sasha had her dair share of characterization but I agree that she's been on the neglected side by Isayama

About Erwin, I think this arc definitely fleshed him out more and made him more sympathetic as a character to me. I don't agree that he has less characterization than Bert.
>>
>>120799527

She goes beyond naive. She's still hopelessly dependent on the approval of others. First it was Ymir, now it's neglectful daddy.

I just wish Ymir was still around to shout some sense into her. Although she might just encourage her to eat Eren.
>>
>>120799897
fair*

>>120799887
That's okay then, it all boils down to opinions. Annie is among my favorite characters, she's a bit like Bert in like I think she needs more screentime for me to form a proper opinion on her character overall.
>>
>>120799897
Sasha being demoted to a background character after chapter 46 is one of my biggest disappointments with Isayama.
>>
>>120799969
Yes, I agree about Annie too, I think both her and Bert could use some more screentime but they just left the story. I still like both of them a lot though and I think they (and BRA in general) provide a lot of food for thought.
>>
>>120799908
People say that if Ymir were around the situation would be different but even with Ymir around her father would still have gotten to her and Historia would have still heard about her sister, etc, etc. Nothing Ymir could have done.
>>
>>120799908
Pretty sure if Ymir was around Historia would be more willing to go against her dad. She really just needs some independence, she was beginning to get that until her dad came back into the picture.
>>
>>120797496
Holy shit, I mean I really don't want to get my hopes up but I honestly can't describe how happy I'll be if he really killed off Eren.

I think we should make him a card or something to let him know there's a following of his that would support this decision.
>>
>>120797708
>bert and annie
>interesting
Fuck off.
>>
>>120800069
The reason I believe that Ymir being there would make a difference is because of what Historia tells Ymir before they separate. That whole "I fear nothing when with you" speech and whatnot. That being said she should not rely on other's approval, but some people just don't recover from that I guess?
>>
>>120800076
Not at all, her father just needed to sweet talk her and tell her that he always loved her to have her wrapped around his finger and force her to do anything for him. What would Ymir being there change in that situation? Absolutely nothing.
>>
>>120800196
Well he also took advantage of her current state, don't forget that she didn't go into this thinking she would side with him. When she first saw Rod she was pissed as fuck, now I have to wonder what happened to that.
>>
>>120800150
I don't understand how that changes anything, as I said before I think the mere presence of her father and his words to her would have swayed her to the other side.
>>
>>120800273
>now I have to wonder what happened to that
There was a flashback where you see what happened after the hug. Though I also wonder what happened after the hug and the talk they had.
>>
>>120800277
Not so sure about that, Historia was more willing for daddy's approval because she became empty after losing Ymir.
>>
>>120800335
I just think it's weird how quickly she lost that anger, because that was the most expressive I have seen of her. Even more so than when she got manlethandled.
>>
>>120800349
Even if that's the case, there's still Frieda who played a big factor in Historia's decision to have Eren killed ''for the greater good''

>>120800391
It's easy to do so when you get the approval you always longed for. However I do think that in Historia's case it's extreme and I think it's more for the sake of the plot to have Historia sided with her father.
>>
>>120800456
Things would have gone more smoothly if she just sided with Eren. Isayama probably had something planned by doing this, I guess we might see in 66.
>>
>>120800456
The missing scene that i want to see is what happen after the hug between historia and rod. Those moment might explain why historia changed so rapidly.
>>
>>120800273

What happened is she never actually came to terms with her past. She's still thinking about how she can die properly, about how she can be useful to others. It's even suggested when Eren doesn't transform - she hesitates because she expected to get killed by him and considered that an acceptable outcome at the time.

She hasn't changed a bit despite everything Ymir told her.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.