[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't he just use his spiral power to bring kamina

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 12

File: 395046.jpg (3MB, 3220x2250px) Image search: [Google]
395046.jpg
3MB, 3220x2250px
Why didn't he just use his spiral power to bring kamina and nia back to life?
>>
"The dead should be respected as such"

Or something like that.
>>
What about kittan?
>>
Why stop at Nia and Kamina? He should just bring back the entire gang.

Wait, why even stop there? Let's bring back everybody who died.
>>
>>120742919
Right, so he'd rather just live the remainder of his life as a wistful vagabond due to some stupid moral code than resurrect just the two people that meant most to him? That's bullshit. Kamina deserved a second chance after all he'd done for humanity.
>>
File: kittan.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
kittan.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>>120742949
>>
>>120742893
How about you watch the ending, faggot
>>
>>120742893

Because contrary to certain claims TTGL wanted to be pretty serious and not all fun and games, ergo they wanted those deaths to mean something.
>>
>>120743149
See >>120742968
That'd make him a hypocritical asshole who lied to the Antispiral. He just doesn't have the right to use Spiral Power to do whatever he wants.
>>
File: large.jpg (112KB, 452x483px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
112KB, 452x483px
>>120743322
B-but Kamina never got to see who Simon became.
>>
>>120742949
No one cares about that Nigga
>>
>>120743458
But Kamina wouldn't want to see a Simon who violated the most basic rule of the universe to bring him back either. Gurren Lagann 1-26 was about breaking realities and rules, but the finale was about growing up and accepting loss for the greater good.
>>
>>120743458
Simon probably became the person that Kamina expected him to, if not better.
>>
>>120742893

The whole show was about moving on, and not dwelling in the past... accepting death.
>>
A drill only goes forward. It cannot undrill what has already been drilled.
>>
I've been wondering for a while now, in that episode with the space labyrinth thing, was kamina resurrected temporarily by spiral power to help simon and yoko escape or was it just a vision like everything else?
>>
>/a/ calls Gurren Lagann shallow
>they are too retarded too understand the most basic fucking thematic concepts anyway

Gurren Lagann is a show about growing up

Watch again in 20 years and then maybe you'll understand
>>
File: Obi-Wan_Force_ghost_SWG_PoV.jpg (304KB, 1493x1198px) Image search: [Google]
Obi-Wan_Force_ghost_SWG_PoV.jpg
304KB, 1493x1198px
>>120744056
I think it was something like his Force ghost.
>>
I only continued watching this show after Kaminas death because I thought he would do the impossible and resurrect himself somehow and appear in one of the last episodes. I continued watching through all of the "rescue the girl" bullshit for nothing.
>>
File: m'lady.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
m'lady.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>120744246
Thank you for your insight good sir.
>>
File: sup.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sup.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>120744384
But he did. And it was one of the greatest scenes in the show.
>>
>>120744533
It was a dream, it wasn't really him.
>>
/a/ wouldn't be /a/ if they were able to grasp nuance of any kind. The medium is wasted on these faggots.
>>
The only issue I had with TTGLs ending was Simon giving that retard Gimmy the core drill.
Anyone else would have been fine, even Darry.
>>
>>120744690
Think people get the "nuance" (it's so obvious I don't think that is an appropriate word) they just make threads like this to explore the what ifs.
>>
>>120744919
Agreed
>>
>>120744597
fuck you for thinking that way

>>120744919
I feel the same. I get what it means but he doesn´t deserve the core drill.

Simon should have gone back into his old village dug a deep hole and left the core drill and Lagann there. It´s not like they need Lagann anymore.
>>
>>120742893
Because he would have to bring back the thousands that died in the anti-spiral attack when nia turned
>>
>>120744448
>I can't think of an argument, I'll just post lestupidhatman
>>
>you'll never own the complete bluray set
>>
>>120743458
Because Kamina believed in Simon, he wouldn't need to prove it with his own eyes.
>>
Simon is the only member of the main cast who wasn't a virgin by the end
>>
>missing the obvious

Alright, so what is spiral power? It's the power of evolution. The power to change, to adapt, to welcome the new and throw away the old, even if it has served you well. Simon is doing all of this for the people still to come, the new generation, the same reason he slipped away into the shadows after the final fight. What kind of hypocrite does that make him if he brings back those who have had their time because he is nostalgic?

>>120744246
this anon had it half right.

It's a show about growing up in a sense, but also about moving on.
>>
>>120743516
But that nigga was they reason they didn't die in that anti-spiral subspace sea-type thing
>>
>>120748056
Yoko would have done it if he didn't, totally irrelevant character.
>>
It shouldn't matter what spiral power is used for, it should only matter for what purpose it is used.

Kamina was weak, so there is no virtuous reason to bring him back. But without Nia, Simon stopped moving forward and rotted away.

The idea of the spiral nemesis was kind of dumb and might be the reason for this bullshit. They could have given the anti-spiral a better reason for existing.
>>
I thought this anime was going to have a feel good vibe but when kamina died it changed. I can't watch it these days because it just reminds me that as I age I'll have to watch most of the things that mean anything to me fade away. If anything kamina was the lucky one, dying young in action, not having to grow into an old man full of regrets.
>>
Doujins about Viral stuck on earth after humans die out make me want to kill myself. 2sad4me
>>
>>120749868
Did Simon really rot away? I never got the impression that he was sad or dejected. He simply realized that his time was over and that his work was done. As he said, he's the digger. There are others more apt to work within the tunnels he created.
>>
>>120749982
Link to said doujins?
>>
>>120743149
not understanding why is the difference between men and bitches
you are a bitch son
>>
File: captain viral.jpg (71KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
captain viral.jpg
71KB, 1024x576px
>>120749982
There should be doujins about his mission to seek out new life and new civilizations and go where no human or beastman has gone before.
>>
Why can't they work on more gurren lagann? Like post timeskip? Or alternate universes.
>>
>>120752778
didn't the guys behind it make a new studio?
>>
>>120743322
Man do you think Kamina wanted to die? Do you think anyone actually wants to die? If there's no consequences for this then that would make Simon and evil piece of shit for letting everyone else die while he has the power to save them.
>>
Didn't you hear what Simon said? Bringing back the dead would only get in the way of the new generations. If you could bring back everybody who died, would you?
>>
>>120755330
Only people who are useful to me. No problems would arise from that.
>>
Spiral Nemesis.
>>
>>120742893
go watch something you can understand.
>>
>>120755419
Then you'd be a huge hypocrite and the Antispiral would have destroyed your ass
>>
>>120742893

Because it'd be bad n shit

Now what I wanna know is if Lord Genome wanted to prevent humans from reaching the surface and getting the Anti-Spirals attention, why didn't he give them better living conditions so they wouldn't revolt?

And why didn't he tell Rosshit about the Gunmen being effective against the Anti-Spirals? Did he do it as a "Fuck you" to the people who overthrew him?
>>
File: Recettear-Capitalism.png (162KB, 482x600px) Image search: [Google]
Recettear-Capitalism.png
162KB, 482x600px
>>120743594
Its also one of the most creative argumentative pieces for capitalism that I've seen.
>>
>>120755773
The spiral nemesis is a dumb concept used to push the japanese mentality of being a collectivist little bitch.

There can never be too much advancement.
>>
>>120754991
All of Simon's ideals are based on being a manly man. And being a little bitch and not accepting that people have to die is not part of that.
>>
>>120756118
>that people have to die
So doctors should just accept that people have to die and not do anything to save them?

Kagerou Days made much more sense than Gurren Lagann.
>>
>>120756233
You should try and save people but at some point or another everyone has to die.
>>
>>120756340
>everyone has to die.
Only because we don't have the power to do anything about it.
>>
>>120756233
Why do you morons always bring up doctors in this argument? Trying to resuscitate a patient isn't the same thing as resurrecting a dead loved one.
>>
>>120742893
because simon isn't god gimmy
>>
>>120756443
What about bringing somebody out of a coma?
>>
File: STTGL.png (531KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
STTGL.png
531KB, 853x480px
>>120744384
Watch the movies if you want Kamina's resurrection
>>
>>120756079
>There can never be too much advancement.

But there's a point where 'advancement' no longer makes any actual progress. Just look at how many fucking iphones they make now.
>>
>>120756363
We already have an overpopulation problem now. Imagine how overcrowded our world would be a decade from now if suddenly nobody died. Nobody would get any decent jobs and we'd all be living in 3rd world countries. Our world is run on equal exchange not entirly different from that of FMA. Someone has to suffer for others to thrive.

Death is a part of nature. Hell even stars die, and entropy will catch up with the universe one day too. One day we all are going to have to man up and accept it.
>>
>>120756515
They aren't dead.
>>
>>120742893
Because bringing someone back to life is doing the very thing that would cause the death of the universe. If you started resurrecting people, you're just adding more spiral energy generators on the universe, accelerating the big crunch by massive leaps. They need to prepare for that shit first, and for that they need time

And besides, what makes you think the ressurection system is foolproof? You have to consider the mind and soul of the ressurectee, and if it gets preserved in the process

>>120743674
Fucking this. The point of spiral power was to move forward and never stall.
>>
is it normal to feel empty after finishing TTGL?
>>
>>120756892

Yes, but you should always keep in mind the real point of the show.
>>
>>120756969
To keep going forward?
>>
>>120756892
Yeah I think it was intended to feel that way. TTGL was definetly way heavier then I expected to be.
>>
>>120752778
most of the staff went to khara and trigger.
>>
>>120756797
You wouldn't save everything, you'd only save things that are useful.

>>120756800
There is no difference between dead and gone if you can undo both of them.

>>120756816
>soul
No
>>
>>120752778
They made a r63 version. It's called Kill la Kill
>>
>>120742893
>>120757143

What makes any of you believe Kamina would even want to come back? He died a heroes death and will forever be remembered as among the the manliest of men. I think he would find being brought back to life cowardly and commit sennpoku.
>>
>>120757030
You're god damn right.
>>
I get that Simon didn't want to involve himself in politics considering what happened the last time he was the leader, but I don't get why he had to completely abandon all his friends and never seen them again? I mean, geez just drop by for a drink every few months or so, no need to be so drastic.
Also him being alone in the end. It was so unnessesary and ruined the whole ending for me. If the message is supposed to be letting go and moving on, they should've shown him with a new family and kids of his own. You can love more than one person in your lifetime and him loving another woman wouldn't devalue his love for Nia.
>>
>>120757392
He bears the weight of the universe on his shoulders, and I don't think he wanted to burden anyone else with it. I know you're just putting too much thought into the last 90 seconds of the last episode, so let it rest.
>>
File: tips fedora.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>120745787
>>
>>120757392
Who says that he doesn't stop by yoko's house for a drink every once in a while? These things are purposefully left for your head canon to decide.
>>
>>120758370
>going to some dumb island just to visit the girl who cucked you
>>
File: 1288215982749.jpg (33KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1288215982749.jpg
33KB, 720x540px
>>120758450
>watch TTGL for the first time
>not spoilered at all
>think that series will end with Yoko and Kanima married and taking care of Simon as sorta little brother
>mfw episode 8 and ongoing
>>
>>120742893
because the show needed a plot \
>>
>>120742893
Because some shit called morals or etics, not funny stuff tho
>>
>>120756471
exactly what I came here to post/see
>>
>>120760066
TTGL is one of those animes that goes against the expect, and like that, it's still the most epic one ever mfw Yoko's kisses are death flags ;_:
>>
>>120743674
Great summary. I'll remember that quote anon, not even trolling.
>>
>>120742893
But Kamina is still right there in his heart
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.