[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love Japan's latent inferiority complex and thinly veiled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: 001.png (877KB, 1689x1200px) Image search: [Google]
001.png
877KB, 1689x1200px
I love Japan's latent inferiority complex and thinly veiled butthurt because of WW2. It makes me feel all tingly inside.
Are there any manga or anime where this is a common theme? I want a giggle.
>>
>>120616033
Any manga that glorifies their military, or just has their military in it at all.

- GATE is one huge NIPPON BANZAI manga, at the expense of being based around in a American SciFi series.

- Kantai Collection has some, in the Webbrowser descriptions of the Girls and their Carriers.
>>
Goodbye by Yoshihiro Tatsumi and Ayako by Osamu Tezuka.
>>
>>120616033
I'm pretty sure you're confusing satire for the real thing. In the case of this manga, anyway.
>>
What is this from?
>>
>>120619619
Lurk more, faggot.
>>
>>120617288
>- GATE is one huge NIPPON BANZAI manga, at the expense of being based around in a American SciFi series

Can't believe I've been reading gate for a long ass while, and I'm just now realizing that its a SG:1 ripoff.
>>
>>120617288
You're acting like every country doesn't glorify the fuck out of their military whenever it appears in their media. Here's a hint, every country does it, the US is 100x worse about it.
>>
>>120616033
anything that has to do with china
recently mahouka has brought that to the forefront
>>
>>120620438
Murrikans at least aren't warping reality to have their military saving the day, the cold hard truth is that the White Devil does have best military might in the world.
>>
File: 1422160254599.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1422160254599.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>>120620492
Or Korea.

>recently mahouka has brought that to the forefront

I mean, yamato damashii nippon ichi bullshit and culturing posturing in relation to east Asian nations have always been kind of a recurring motif. Sometimes there'll be a show where you've got three factions that are basically NATO, the Soviet Union and Japan, and while the two factions bumble around, the Japan allegory runs roughshod over both of them with an army of high school ubermensch.

But you know, lately with stuff like Mahouka, or as >>120617288 mentioned, GATE and Kancolle, I wonder if there's just a trend for right-wing nationalism that's just falling together. I mean, Kancolle hasn't escaped scrutiny, you know, Japanese Navy ships that participated in stuff like Pearl Harbor being cuted up. But hell, Hetalia went through the same thing.
>>
>>120620101
Fucking really?
>>
File: JMSDF.webm (2MB, 720x491px)
JMSDF.webm
2MB, 720x491px
>>
>>120620492
This, if it involves China usually it will involve a Nippon Banzai somewhere
>>
Friendly reminder that nanking is a lie.
>>
>>120620951
>Murrikans at least aren't warping reality to have their military saving the day, the cold hard truth is that the White Devil does have best military might in the world.

And before /k/ gets overzealous about everything, if there is an international incident that needs world policing, it is the US doing the heavy lifting.
>>
>>120620996
I know. I'm a pretty big moron. Honestly, when I thought about it, I think I heard about it awhile ago, but forgot until this thread.
>>
Fucking Zipang, even more of an issue due the setting being quite serious and borderline realistic, barring the time travel thing
>>
>>120620951

>best military might in the world
>gets rekt by impoverished savages in the desert
>>
Have there been any notable/significant Chinese characters/organizations in Japanese media that aren't
>antagonists/enemies/assholes/straight up evil
>cute girls in china dresses that hang around pandas
>>
>>120621103
Wasn't all that armament funded with borrowed Chinese money?
>>
>>120621253
Does Sangokushi count?
>>
>>120619834
Nigga I left /a/ for like a year and I want to read this shit now and google's not giving anything.
>>
>>120621227
Happened to the Soviet Union seems appropriate it ends with America.
>>
File: 1398630234453.jpg (24KB, 341x341px) Image search: [Google]
1398630234453.jpg
24KB, 341x341px
>>120621227
I said military might, not thinking minds and strategy.

They shot their canons at Lights in The Sky decades ago, War of the Worlds!
>>
>>120621101
For real though, I hear so many conflicting details about WW2 history being taught in Japan.

>they removed the rape of Nanking from textbooks
>they attempted to remove Nanking from textbooks
>textbooks that censored the rape of Nanking aren't approved
>textbooks

How is the rape of Nanking, comfort women and Imperial Japan's other shenanigans taught in 21st century Japan?

>>120621253
Do adaptations of "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" count?
>>
I'm glad Japan isn't scared to be a bit nationalistic and basically doesn't give a shit about what it did wrong in the past when its not merited.
>>
>>120617949
What are you talking about? Ayako's pretty critical of Japan's pre war society. Did you miss all the rapes and incest?
>>
>>120621370
>taught
I don't think they are.
>>
>>120621411
I don't think you got the joke.
>>
>>120620438
Spoken like a true ignorant. Look up Germany's policy towards Nazi involvement in WWII
>>
Why do americans whine about the nanking rape not being included in jap books or whatever the drama is about, when all of this stuff is not included in their own books?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_war_crimes_during_World_War_II
>>
>>120621370
They aren't, like the Atomic Bomb itself wasn't really "a fact" the day and the day after it got dropped on them.
>>
>>120621227
You can only invest so much. I'm pretty damn sure America doesn't send its full might for a conflict, just enough to quell it. More than that seems to be a waste of money.
>>
SnK
>>
File: 1410931241958.gif (79KB, 247x270px) Image search: [Google]
1410931241958.gif
79KB, 247x270px
>>120621500
Because America has never ever done anything wrong. God Bless the President

USA
USA
USA
>>
>>120621377
Nationalistic at the expense of making everyone else a retard is bad, Murrika itself has some works where they see themselves as the idiots, while having some miracle figure to guide to them the right path, like Captain America.
>>
I can't remember the name but there's a stupid magic battle school manga set in a universe where the nips won WWII.

It's amazing how anally devastated some of them can be that they got destroyed.
>>
>>120621370
>How is the rape of Nanking, comfort women and Imperial Japan's other shenanigans taught in 21st century Japan?
If i'm not mistaken they basically gloss over it, i remember very long ago someone posted an image of a textbook with it, it was just a paragraph and there was no pictures or anything
>>
>>120621588
They are fantasy Germans.
>>
File: 1403322606672.jpg (34KB, 276x277px) Image search: [Google]
1403322606672.jpg
34KB, 276x277px
I don't know a whole lot about history, but aren;t the japs sort of justified? They did a whole fucking lot considering thier size, right?
>>
>>120621642
Unrealistic stories are bad, but that has nothing to do with nationalism really.
>>
File: cry-cry.jpg (16KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
cry-cry.jpg
16KB, 500x273px
>mfw americans will never be held responsible for killing japanese with their two atomic bombs because muh pearl harbor.
>mfw no one is free from the americans
>>
>>120621500
Because that shit's petty and unorganized compared. Education's more focused on moral ambiguity of FDR's handling of information about the Pearl Harbor before the attack, and Truman's decision to drop the atomic bombs.

At higher education it's very well documented.

It's not like high school/middle school history classes gloss over slavery, how the federal government treated the Native Americans, Tuskegee syphilis experiments, etc.
>>
>>120621787
Japs deserved a third bomb
>>
There were no good guys in WW2.

Both sides did bad shit.

One side did worse.
>>
>>120621787
>no one is free from the americans
Kek. Give it another century. I'm more worried about how benevolent our next 'leader' will be. Better the evil you know, right?
>>
>>120621370
>>120621285
Nah. It's based on existing Chinese literature, yes? I'm looking for instances of Japanese-created Chinese characters in fictions that aren't cute girls or assholes.
>>
>>120621897
Full Metal Alchemist
>>
>>120620101

Fuckkkkkk. Now that you say it...
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.