[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are japanese so OBSESSED with high school, /a/? After all,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 14

File: Japanese_high_school_classroom.jpg (289KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Japanese_high_school_classroom.jpg
289KB, 1280x960px
why are japanese so OBSESSED with high school, /a/?

After all, people who watch anime are pathetic virgin losers, so they will SURELY have awful memories of that period.
So why shower them with people having fun and having not only gfs, but literally harems falling at mc's feet?

Is it some kind of sadic torture?
>>
>>120407198
Maybe most of their marketing is to people in the high school age so they try to make itrelatable?
>>
>>120407198
>people who watch anime are pathetic virgin losers
Do I even have a reason to go on? Why the fuck am I still even here?
>>
The work culture in Japan is insane, it's a special time before they are forced to become workaholics
>>
>>120407198
>fantasy
>>
>>120407198
It's the infantilization of modern adults. In the West adults are obsessed with adaptations of young adult fiction and comic books, in the East with their high school years and anime/manga. Yes, even many Japanese films are about teenagers and young adults.
It wasn't always like that.
>>
I work in a Japanese highschool and the kids who are super into anime and shit aren't that weird.

I think it's mostly just escapism that's rooted in their real life because high school is hell in Japan. The amount of time they spend studying and prepping for exams is insane. Doesn't seem that weird to use anime as an escape from the reality of school and daydream about a bunch of cute girls on your dick or supernatural shit breaking up the monotony or whatever.
>>
>>120407198
Guess who's the main target audience of battle shonen and LNs.
>>
>>120407349
>battle shonen
normalfags?
>>
>>120407380
I have to agree with this.
>>
>>120407304
>It wasn't always like that.
what happened?
>>
>>120407304
Because modern adulthood sucks unless you are rich.
>>
>>120407675
>unless you are rich.
Depends what your job is. Why do you think so many TV celebs fall into depression and kills themselves.
>>
>>120408203
because no amount of money can make you a qt 2d grill?

yeah, tought so.
>>
>>120407288
If this is really how it is, then I would probably have killed myself at this point if I was Japanese.
>>
>>120407198
High School was shithouse. I was glad to get out of there.

I'll be even more glad to get out of shitty University.
>>
>>120408203
Because depression is always accompanying drug user. And lots of them used drugs.
>>
High school was shit for me, I'm happier working. I wish they'd get over the obsession too, but they're also obsessed with school girls.
>>
>>120408448
Are you saying drug use causes depression and not the other way around? I disagree with that.
>>
>>120408474
not him, but I think he was implying correlation more than causality.

which I happen to believe it's the case.
>>
>>120408333
Preach.
>>
>>120408474
I'm talking about organic depression. Depression can be exogene that is your reaction to some event like death of your loved one or life's crisis and endogene that caused by organic disorder. Some drugs can cause disorder of ferments in your brain and trigger organic depression or mania as side effect.
>>
>>120407198
Well, when your working life is somehow worse than school whilst your entire economy slides into the 2nd recession in 15 years, escapism and infantilism is an easy way out.

Plus when you think about it; if the majority of mangaka follow the "write what you know" maxim for at least their first work, they're not going to have much more marketable experience than "I went to highschool once, let's add X".
>>
>>120408295
Why do you think suicide rate is so high in Japan?
>>
>why is high school so prevalent in anime and manga?
School life in Japan is wonderful. After graduation, all you have is a life of hard work, almost no vacation, and sometimes you don't even get paid for overtime and overwork.

School life is literally the best time in an average Japanese person's life.
>>
>>120409453
>After graduation, all you have is a life of hard work, almost no vacation, and sometimes you don't even get paid for overtime and overwork.
Sounds like Europe :^)
>>
>>120409350
A cultural acceptance of suicide, and a history of ritual suicide being strongly linked to the concepts of personal and familial honour for more than half a millennium?
>>
>>120409490
It's much worse than that, anon.
>>
>>120407349
Simply this. Most of anime and manga are made for teenagers.
>>
why is japan economy so shit even tho they all work 20 hours a day?

is it just because they make no babies?
>>
>>120409453
>5 and a half days a week.
>often compulsory after school clubs
>If you want to get into a decent university, you better be a genius or spend your little free time at a cram school.
>Intense academic pressure and normal teenaged/childish bullshit.

Nah, fuck that, I'd rather my education system. The only Japanese thing I'd like to see exported are the cultural festivals; literally the only fun in a schooling year.
>>
>>120409490
sounds like work for very poor people without education :^)
>>
>>120409542
>cultural festivals
they work their ass off for 20 days to host a stupid cafe or theater play for like 4 hours, then it's over.

big fucking wow
>>
>>120407675
THIS
>>
Everyone is. It's more about youth; everything is absolute shit when you get older. Hence why I've started abusing drugs
>>
>>120408474
It may go both ways.
>>
>>120409602
>has no money to be happy
>has money to buy drugs

I don't get stoners, I just can't
>>
>>120409542
In away it is fun.
You don't have a fucking boss who trash-talk you behind your back.
You don't have to feed your wife and kid.
You don't have to work after 6pm and still have to join drinking party and shit to socialize with your co-workers who's not above backstab you and get you fired.
>>
>>120409533
>>120409533
Don't blame it on the Chinese,
Don't blame it on the birth rate,
Blame it on the Abe.

Really it's just likely to be knock on effects to their main exports due to worldwide poor consumer confidence, and that flows down to their national markets, etc. Plus there's the weakness in the labour market, and I can't imagine a strong showing in outside investment coming in.

Probably the only industry growing in Japan right now at a decent rate is the arms industry.
>>
>>120409623
>printer
>he

lost it there
>>
>>120409533
It's because they work 20 hours a day.
>>
>>120409627
I look forward to having a 2.5D waifu and my own children.

School was a fucking misery; life's only gotten worthwhile in my 20's; and the people who miss school the most are generally the type who made everyone else's lives miserable.
>>
>>120409533
If Abe just lets China annex Japan Japan's economy will get much better
>>
>have to prepare college exams
>decide to watch moe grills doing moe things instead
>they are prepping for finals and are scared shitless
>[ANXIETY INTENSIFIES]

m-muh escapism
>>
>>120409624
>money doesn't make you happy
>use money to by drugs
>Drugs make you artificially happy.

Seems like pretty simple logic.
>>
>>120409711
>>money doesn't make you happy
you just need MORE money.

source: I'm rich
>>
>>120409688
Because that went so well for Hong Kong.

The only country that'd improve for Chinese occupation is Naughty Korea.
>>
>>120409719
I'm (more or less) happy and money's too tight to mention; it's a poor metric for happiness.
>>
>>120409719
>source: I'm rich
[killing intent intensifies]
>>
File: 1359917487597.jpg (77KB, 562x400px) Image search: [Google]
1359917487597.jpg
77KB, 562x400px
>>120409699
I fucking hate when that happens
>>
>>120409679
Have you ever work around twelve hours a day, anon ?
Ever have to bring 4 inch stack of paperwork home to finish it ?
Ever felt suspicious everytime your wife met a man, anon?
>>
>>120408295
Yeah Japs are pretty workaholic, thats why people are really depressed in japan
They used to work like 18 hours a day.
Thus the suicide rates.
But now they lowered the work hours to normal 9 to 6 work shifts. For most companies it is illegal to work people without extra pay anymore.
If not for the radiation japan would be a nice place to live in a few years
>>
>>120409569
Still better than school work.
>>
>>120409764
You have .5D too much waifu in that case.
>>
>>120409764
It's either having a wife or a 12-hour job. Deal with it.
>>
>>120409766
> 9 to 6
>normal
>>
>>120409766
>radiation
You're not forced to live in Fukushima you know.
>>
File: congratulations.jpg (74KB, 625x416px) Image search: [Google]
congratulations.jpg
74KB, 625x416px
>>
>>120409624
>has no money to be happy
Assumption
>stoner
Assumption
>>
>>120409719
Not as rich as all those celebrities that abuse drugs though. Where is your logic again?
>>
>>120407198
I'd wager it's because people who aspire to become mangaka don't have much else experience outside of formal education going for them.
>>
>>120409624
>>120409602
drugs are the absolute worst for of escapism. Not only does it harm you but it fucking does nothing to help you, it's easy to tell someone who does drugs apart from others. This is why there's so many stoners and shit users on /a/ since it's full of social rejects trying to escape their problems. At least, if you want to use anime as escapism it won't harm you, you'll just have shit taste.
>>
>>120409914
You're just assuming that though. Dude could be an Oxford educated Saudi prince.

(In which case my paypal is...)
>>
>>120407304
>It wasn't always like that.
Tristan & Yseult, Romeo and Juliet...
It was always like that, young characters are perfect for character developement because they are in their "learning" years. That's why a lot of anime takes place in highschool as well.
Not only that, but there's also a big young adult/adolescent demographic that can't be ignored.

That said, I'd like to see more anime with protagonists in college like Koufuku, Hidamari and Genshiken. More non-highschooler young heroes and adult protags would be nice as well.
>>
>>120409963
/thread
>>
>>120409490
>Sounds like Europe :^)
Europe has one of the most worker friendly environments in the world. You get compulsory vacations, paternity leaves, all paid for by taxpayers. Some in France are trying to force a six hour workday.
>>
>>120410000
Koufoku Girls Graffiti?
Hidamari Sketch?

I guess you could technically call them colleges, but in that case I want to a "college" that had grades prep through 12. Does that mean I was never a high schooler?
>>
>target audience is teenagers and young adults
>idealizing youth/escapism
>new mangaka are often in their early 20s, so they haven't experienced much else

I think it's a culmination of that. And of course the shitton of high school stuff that already is made has a huge influence as well.
>>
>>120409978
Anime is a drug.
>>
>>120409766
>But now they lowered the work hours to normal 9 to 6 work shifts
How recent is this? How much do companies actually respect this?

Cuz if it was in their culture so far to have people work 18 hours, even if it changed now I can totally see companies "forcing" employees to take the additional pay and have them work more.
>>
>>120410048
>>120410000
Moyashimon?
>>
>>120410000

>quads
>actual content

is /a/ saved?
>>
>>120410113
I heard recently that it's literally an initiative to kick business people out of their offices so they can go home and knock boots with their spouses.

Muh birth rate.
>>
>>120410118
>caring about the numbers
>thinks Koufuku and Hidamari aren't about highschool students
>is /a/ saved?
>>
How does high school > college work in japan? I mean, in my country finishing high school and going to college is almost law. Someone that finishes high school and doesn't go to college is extremely rare and usually people look at them with bad eyes.

I'm not so sure how it is in japan. Is "not going to college" more acceptable there?
>>
>>120410039
>Some in France are trying to force a six hour workday.
I wonder where you got this. This "some" is probably just a few guys that nobody ever ears about and who never makes the news.
Actually the right wing french politicians have been claiming that we need to stop the 35h week, but despite having been in power for ten years they never got around actually doing it.
>>
>>120410155
Well you also have Barakamon and Psycho-pass if you want adults, anon.
>>
>>120410137
>not going to get drunk and watch animu in animu cafe

you can never win with japanese
>>
>>120410117
Yeah, there's a few in that vein.

Tatami Galaxy just for another good example. Welcome to the NHK too; it's often the stuff that focuses on how poorly prepared people are for adulthood that makes the most interesting viewing. But that comes from someone in that demographic.

I won't kid myself though; if it's well done, watching adolescents flail around trying to be functioning people will always be a bit compelling. If it's well done.
>>
>>120410203
Okay, should we just start listing every goddamn show that isn't about a highschooler?

Unless you want to be pedantic and link Psycho-pass to the actually conversation, which is entirely possible, but still.
>>
>>120410137
Thats kinda sad. Working is supposed to bring you money so you can live. If their culture is so fucked up people would rather work than live, then I just feel bad for them.
>>
>>120410203
>Akane
>adult
>>
>>120410206
>animu cafe
Nyanja kore wa?
Never found a anime themed bar, or if I did, I avoided it.

>TFW when they don't serve liquor in Meido Cafés.
Probably for the best.
>>
File: Kyoto.jpg (418KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Kyoto.jpg
418KB, 1200x900px
why does japan have all their electric wire hanging around?

it makes sense in USA because everything is far apart, but japan is more dense than Europe so they should dig their wires.
>>
>>120410307
>all that mess
Man I feel bad for whoever has to do maintenance on these. Why the fuck are they so messy?
>>
>>120410257

Yeah it's a weird culture. They're all just so earnest about doing a good job and attaining success.
>>
>>120410293
>Nyanja kore wa?
I saw a docu in which they showed places that looked like internet cafes, except everybody was given a blanket and a pc and they all watched animu with headphones.

some even spent the night there.
>>
>>120410307
>dig their wires
But that would taint the precious fertile ground of Japan.
>>
>>120410364

do you remember the documentary's name?
>>
>>120410358
Maybe thats something the new generation is going to change? I mean, japanese people that are entering the job market right now are probably the first generation to grow up with internet since their early days.
>>
>>120410214
>watching adolescents flail around trying to be functioning people will always be a bit compelling. If it's well done.

Most good example of it is Evangelion.
>>
>>120410377
I mean in town.

we have wires in the air in Europe too, in the countryside

>>120410399
no, sorry it was back when I still watched tv.
in the same docu they showed those "coffin" hotels too
>>
>>120410364
That just sounds like a normal everyday Internet cafe anon. It was specifically for watching anime though? Huh. I guess it's not that strange to have a cafe directly geared for watching anime as a gimmick, but I mean, normal everyday Internet cafés have massive libraries of manga to read and movies on demand. Restricting yourself to anime or only seeking an otaku clientele is a little weird. Unless it was in the middle of Akiba, and if so I didn't see it.

Note: it's not that bad, sleeping in one.
>>
>>120410307
because they have alot of earthquakes, if they were to dig them, it would be an ass to fix them after earthquakes.
>>
>>120410456
>It was specifically for watching anime though?
they had an huge dvd library and it was pretty heavily oriented to otakus yes.

>akiba
might be.
>>
>>120410166
Where are you from?
>>
>>120410436
Ah I wanted to immediately disagree, and I'll disagree that it's the "most good", but it's still a pretty good example.
>>
>>120409766
>If not for the radiation
Oh come on seriously?
>>
>>120410214
In reality, adults are just teenagers with more experience.
>>
>>120410486
My mistake, I meant a good example of it.
>>
>>120410424
I had a Japanese exchange years ago and we're still friends and we chat; he was trying to get into nautical engineering, the jobs were too scarce, so he's doing an extra year, after already doing a graduate, to get the certs needed for a prefecture job.

Basically, with the recession the job market will only constrict more, the work ethic won't change anytime soon.
>>
>>120410520
Also if you could give me examples of other shows that do it well, I'd be very happy.
>>
>>120410348
Yeah, you should feel bad for Tomoya. He had a hard life.
>>
no shit they don't copulate

3d japanese grills are fucking hideous

there's like 1 out of 10000 that looks decent and they probably force it into an idol at 10 anyway
>>
>>120410555
His waifu in that laifu is 100% worth it though.
>>
>>120410588
>confirmed never been to Japan or just has shit taste in 3D
>>
>>120410614
>3D
>good taste
Anon pls.
>>
>>120410588
What's Westerners' excuse for not copulating then?
>>
>>120410554
>asking for recommendations

Not going to happen, I don't have my baby spoons on me at the moment.
>>
File: work less, work smarter.png (98KB, 595x311px) Image search: [Google]
work less, work smarter.png
98KB, 595x311px
The funniest thing is, the japanese are not very productive. This is not despite but because of their long working hours.
>>
>>120410637
You never see a 3D and think "too bad about that extra dimension"?
>>
>>120407198
>why are japanese so OBSESSED with high school
I doubt they are. It seems only the Japanese high school students who read manga and watch anime are obsessed with it.
>>
File: 1421712129450.jpg (32KB, 586x557px) Image search: [Google]
1421712129450.jpg
32KB, 586x557px
>>120407198
>After all, people who watch anime are pathetic virgin losers,

Yup. I've already accepted the fact I'm a forever virgin due to my autism.

>so they will SURELY have awful memories of that period.

After high school is GREAT. I came out of the closet, have a paying job, college is great, etc.
>>
>>120410641
diva complex whores
>>
>>120410641
They simply don't want to. You have internet, video games, music, movies - there is just so fucking much you can waste your time with. I wouldn't want to sacrifice my time on other people when I could just shitpost on /a/ instead you know.
>>
>>120410671
>why does this anon think we give a fuck?
>came out of the closet
>MYSTERY SOLVED SCOOBY DOO!
>>
File: ABE-kun.jpg (32KB, 550x438px) Image search: [Google]
ABE-kun.jpg
32KB, 550x438px
>>120410137
Is everything a part of the Minister's Keikaku?

Why best girls never win? it's to say to the viewer to not wait the perfect girl and to choose any girl

Why tsundere always win? it's to say to the viewer that even violent girl can have a lovely side

Why childhood friends never win? to avoid the Westermarck effect, they told the nips to choose another girl and stick with it.

Why the first girl always win? so the nips don't wait other girls and start procreating with the first.

Why in shoujo manga, the main guy is always a close-to-rapist guy? to tell the nips girl that perfect guy doesn't exist, that they will have defaults.

Why parents always go in a business trip and let their kid alone in the house during the anime? to tell the nips that everything can go right even if you live alone, so they can be independent.
>>
>>120409490
>6 weeks of paid vacation/year

yeah just like Europe :^)
>>
>>120410457
They pose fire risk as they are now given the frequent earthquakes. And there is still plenty of houses made of wood in Japan.
>>
>>120410815
Or else he just wants to have more money made out of an already milliard dollar industry.
>>
>>120409533
No shittier than America and its trillion-dollar debt, mate.
>>
>>120409766
>9 to 6 work shifts
BS, I've been in front of office buildings and saw people leave at 11 PM and friend in Tokyo told me that they oftentimes work 10+ hours, even in retail
>If not for the radiation japan would be a nice place to live in a few years
Unless you live within close proximity of Fukushima, you couldn't care about the radiation
>>
>>120410247
>please stop proving me wrong, I'm retarded and I have no argument

Read you loud and clear, bruh.
>>
ITT: Lonely weeb virgins believing that normalfag high school anime are aimed at them.
>>
>>120407662
Allied occupation after WWII
>>
>>120409840
That's make 9 hours.
France, who have one of the best working conditions, have 7 hours days.
>>
>>120410948
But I wasn't proved wrong at all; that anon literally just supplied an extra two random examples of anime that don't feature a highschool student as the MC; when the topic of conversation was about university/college students as MCs.

Anon; are you confused?
>>
>>120411021
>France, who have one of the best working conditions
As a Parisian this statement amuse me.
>>
>>120411056
Au niveau compétitivité, on est l'un des pires pays mec, surtout depuis qu'Hollande a supprimé les heures sup défiscalisées.
>>
File: 1372360339716.gif (2MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
1372360339716.gif
2MB, 294x233px
>>120411021
>can't help but envy France after watching the Michael Moore documentary

I don't even care if it's liberal propaganda. Shit looks nice.
>>
>>120411032
>extra two random examples
Okay. Berserk. Hokuto no Ken.

In other words, stop watching shitty anime that's not even aimed at you only to complain about it like a retard, newfriend.
>>
>>120411056
Well, Paris is shit if you aren't a rich bourgeoise fuck right?

It'd probably be pretty chill and idyllic out in the countryside right?

...Right?
>>
>>120411096
Anon...
>>
>>120407198
>So why shower them with people having fun and having not only gfs, but literally harems falling at mc's feet?
sel-inserting. That's why the MC is always a bland motherfucker
>>
>>120411082
Plus vite on s'enfoncera dans la mouise et plus vite on en sortira donc c'est pas plus mal sur le long terme.
>>120411100
I'd say even as a richfag it's not a good city to live in unless you're a hardcore liberal self-hater.
>>
>>120411213
B-b-but muh Louvre.

I rate cities by their art galleries, Paris is pretty high up on the list of "get in, see gallery, get the fuck out" cities. Paris really doesn't sound like that pleasant a place.

>YFW you found that there's something called "Paris Syndrome" or something like that, where Japanese tourists go into shock/depression when they realise Paris is nothing like the movies.
>>
I really wish there were more with a college theme, like Nodame no Cantabile and TADA BANRI.
>>
>>120411325
I still think Tatami galaxy is the best in that genre, it nails that intense sense of ennui when you realise shit's gotten real and you actually have to start having adult relationships/responsibilities.

Plus it's super fucking well directed.
>>
>>120411325
>>120411121
It's funny how gaijin can't accept that they're not the audience and their shit taste and virginity isn't welcome here.
>>
>>120411373
For some reason Tatami Galaxy never captured me.
I think it's a bit too far fetched, and I've never been able to make it past the second episode, though it's still in my backlog folder.
>>
>>120411412
Ah, it's totally far fetched, but I feel that it totally comes together at the end in a pay off that's super satisfying and visually incredible.

But that said; the repetition can be a bit much; but I've got a high tolerance for thematic repetition. I thoroughly enjoyed Utena after all, you have to be okay with recurrence for that.
>>
>>120411561
Ah, alright.
Perhaps I should try it again. I've always heard great things of it, and I aboslutely love the art style.
>>
>>120411654
I'm not sure if it's a great marathon show or not; I watched it through in one go, and it certainly helped picking out all the little details and call backs through out, but I guess if you're having trouble getting through it, marathoning it could just fatigue you.

I really do think it's one of the best anime about your 20s out there though.
>>
File: 1344729404854.jpg (197KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1344729404854.jpg
197KB, 960x1440px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1WdLALG1jI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V_SG43XFkQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_gnRUWpL2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtkVreG64Z4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtxBi5uJxSA
>>
Because Japanese adults have to work every moment they're awake.

Japanese teenagers only have to work like 14 hours a day.
>>
>>120411716
>marathoning it could just fatigue you.
Hm.. You might be right.
I'll try to spread out with like an episode a day or the like.
I also found Aria a lot more enjoyable after doing that.
>>
File: 1419480776526.jpg (40KB, 447x686px) Image search: [Google]
1419480776526.jpg
40KB, 447x686px
>implying being an adult is eventful enough to base an anime on
How would that go anyway? And don't bring examples like Working! or Servant x Service where you have cute employees doing cute things where in real life no one could get away with the shit they do there. Besides we have Shirobako which portrays how the totem pole in any office works.
I'd know. I spend 10-11 hours a day at the office working/pretending to work.
>>
>>120412049
like tv shows, except animated?

the first 3 season of madmen was interesting, and it was literally businessmen doing business in an office.
>>
>>120412101
Somehow I'm trying to picture out an animated version of The Office, but that won't work with Japanese working ethics

>be Michael Scott boss in Japan
>do whatever the fuck you like
>Dwight kills you because you don't have glorious nippon work ethic
>cute eyecatches of Pam and Jim

Well now.
>>
>>120410307
Power wires free-floating in the air can carry more current before overheating.
It's cheaper to set up poles than to dig utility tunnels. Easier to expand the grid too. Underground wiring is a luxury, really.
No digging into wires in your garden.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsBeKqvROZs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7DjgxNjOto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnSKoMyv7Ug [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eS3atEgIGU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c8L63uUFcI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_mWyahWoUA
>>
>>120407198
A lot of anime are set in middle school too!
>>
>>120412319
Aya Hirano LOL
Her voice talking and then... the voice of Suzumiya... thanks /a/non
>>
>>120412319
>tfw 3d will never not be pd
>>
>>120412432
most of them!
>>
>>120407198
For one thing, HS is an easy settings. Your space, activities, even people you sit with are shared and externally dictated by others. This create an enclosed box where creative artist can make things happen without the real need for setting nething up. Plus HS age kids are, well you know, a little chunnibouish and less bound by circumstances, not to mention less logical, than adults, so they can star in those escapism and have those escapedes we all enjoy. I can't imagine working JP adult worrying about their first kiss or getting excited over home made bento, really. HS life is the coming of age for most people, before life force them to face reality, so that they would have one last shot at their youth before that innocence melt away into adulthood and its associated trouble of Japanese adult life.
>>
>>120412724
>not getting excited over home made bento
you may as well not even be alive
>>
>>120412724
>nething
>>
>anime about work
>depressing, constant gags about the character's being stressed or lonely or not making enough money

>anime about highschool
>Bright and cheerful, "let's head to that bright future!" and other stupid quotes that instill a sense of fulfillment

I'm never going back to Japan, worst country on earth.
>>
>>120409569
>Only 20 days
I think every ordinary school or class big events that are held by students are usually started to be prepared 1 month before. It won't feel like a long time actually, and it's more the process that should be enjoyed.
>>
>>120407278
remember: even moot left
>>
>>120413064
What? Japan's great, I had a blast; you just didn't Japan right, obviously.
>>
>>120407198
>After all, people who watch anime or pathetic virgin losers

YES. Please literally fucking continue to think this way
>>
>>120413097
>manga and hentai sites are starting to be blockedin my country
>DMCAs
>my local anime forum is getting more and more empty of the veterans, only different newfags are come and go periodically but no one ever stays
>Only 1-3 anime per season that are interesting to be talked in /a/
>All fansub has left us. No karaoke lyrics anymore.
>anime itself is getting more and more empty with less plots and messages to be conveyed, and more sexual fanservices that I'm already too fed up with
>now even moot left us
I think God is really exist and hear my parents' prayings lately for me to come back to reality and be responsible with my college life.
>>
>>120407330
I agreed with that. I was raised in Asia half of my life, then I went to study in America. As I recalled my time in Asia, there were quite a few kids are really into Anime and shit, but they don't get look down by it. And honestly, their parents doesn't give a shit about it, as long they have good grade.at school and stay away from drug.

On the other hand, I feel like the school in America is just compiled with senseless bullshit and unnecessary drama. And kids are so worry about getting their dick wet all the time or getting fucked up.

I wouldn't say the adult life is flawless compared to high school life. I do missed the time when I don't have to worry about paying bills and just hanging out with friends. But I'm just glad that I was able to find a steady job right after high school and get my life going.
>>
>>120414010
>And kids are so worry about getting their dick wet all the time
>>
>>120413504
You should totally take a break from anime. Either watch the old shit, or take a break. I recommended the former, because chances are, the latter will make you quit anime for good.
>>
>>120413504
It's easy to say that anime is dying these days; and that is used to be so good!

that's only because we remember the good stuff; the giant piles of crap that were made from the 70s onwards are just utterly forgotten. In another 2 decades we'll only remember the good shows from this time period, no one will recall all the shit.

And then we'll grumpily declare that anime's dying.

It's always dying, and it'll never stop dying, it'll exist eternally in a state of not-death. Look upon it's works, ye mighty, and despair, for anime will out live you lazy fucks.
>>
File: 1420085600991.png (220KB, 892x895px) Image search: [Google]
1420085600991.png
220KB, 892x895px
>>120413504
>anime is dying
I don't really look forward to the future generations being into anime like we do and shitposting on /a/.

>20 years after
>yfw you hear the neighbor's kid calling his playmates a faggot and telling him to lurk moar
>yfw you catch your kid posting and calls you a newfag
>>
>>120415079
4chan is gonna be dead soon enough.
The guys who are going to run 4chan will run it into the ground before long. Only reason it's been kept aloft for so long is because mootles loved it. With pressure on the past tense.
>>
>>120415175
>4chan is gonna be dead soon enough.
But I want to believe.

>>120415079
>your kid
>>
>>120415399
>But I want to believe.
Me too, man.
I've no clue where the fuck I should lurk all day if/when 4chan disappears.
>>
File: ss+(2015-01-14+at+06.13.47).jpg (24KB, 147x254px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-01-14+at+06.13.47).jpg
24KB, 147x254px
>>120413504
tfw soon the age of piracy and neetness will die and the next generations are actually going to be normal again. Meanwhile our current generation is going to be a giant black hole in humanity that doesn't contribute with nothing.
>>
File: 1407471711985.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1407471711985.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>120415919
I'll probably slowly go insane due to the lack of social activity.
>>
>>120415079
>Implying anybody on /a/ will have kid.
>>
>>120416404
Don't worry anon; we can't possibly do a worse job than the Baby boomer at fucking everything.
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.