[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's his next show gonna be? I need my pretentious shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Yuasa.jpg (152KB, 459x558px) Image search: [Google]
Yuasa.jpg
152KB, 459x558px
What's his next show gonna be? I need my pretentious shit.
>>
He seems to have a new project every 2 years.

So check back in 2016
>>
>>120333079
None of his works have been pretentious.
>>
>>120333490
Tatami Galaxy was.
>>
>>120333566
How so?
>>
>>120333566
how, by being fun and entertaining

the pretentious aspect is maybe the motivational aspect and the live for the now instead of being hung up on the what-if

for the most part though, tatami galaxy is very accessible
>>
>>120333566
Because that's the only thing that you've seen.
>>
>>120333788
Tatami Galaxy is not accessible, it panders heavily to people who comprehend japanese culture. I didn't find the show fun at all.
>>
>>120334178
>show contains elements that the vast majority of the audience will understand
>pretentious
And that's not even true, there were hardly any references that your average anime watcher wouldn't immediately understand.
>>
>>120334178
how does it pander to japanese culture? the references to mythology, campus life and etcetera were able to be inferred from the story itself, even with a low power level. The pace of dialogue may be offputting, but hey, that's what the pause button is for git gud and learn moon
>>
>>120334284
I'm an average anime watcher and the show goes in the same folder as Bakemonogatari and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Incomprehensible
fast paced dialogue.
>>120334410
Japanese campus life and mythology is part of culture m8.

And having to pause is precisely what makes the show pretentious.

Not to mention the art is pretty hipster-esque.
>>
File: 1415483071889.jpg (124KB, 1120x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1415483071889.jpg
124KB, 1120x1080px
>>120334720
>And having to pause is precisely what makes the show pretentious.
>Not to mention the art is pretty hipster-esque.

I hope a Japanese truck kills you.
>>
>>120334720
Most retarded opinion I've seen all day.
>>
>>120334720
the art is stylized, playful and somewhat freeform but I wouldn't call it hipstery

the 'found footage' stuff with the heavily edited 3dpd footage is 'hipsteresque' but I didn't find it to be to overt or immersion breaking, so I don't really mark it as a negative.

Regarding the sanic-tier text I managed to cope, and still enjoy the details that made it so wonderful

>>120334904
this guy is not me by the way, we still cool
>>
>>120334720
I'm also an average anime watcher and I didn't find the dialogue incomprehensible in any way. I wouldn't rate my understanding of Japanese culture particularly high, but I did not feel like this prevented me from understanding or enjoying the show. Fast dialogue and the need for pausing it causes - I didn't feel any need to pause it at any point, but whatever, people are different - can't really be consideerd pretentious by any conventional definition of that word. And what does it even mean for art to be hipster-esque? There is nothing wrong with a more standard artstyle, but it is ridiculous to imply that there would be anything wrong with a more unique and distinctive style, either.
>>
>>120334720
>Not to mention the art is pretty hipster-esque.
Right, and you probably blame Yuasa for Ping Pong's art style as well even though he was merely being faithful to Matsumoto's art.
>>
File: laughing Hussein.jpg (13KB, 350x288px) Image search: [Google]
laughing Hussein.jpg
13KB, 350x288px
>>120334720
>>120334178
>99% of all anime ever (made up number but still) was/is intended for japanese audiences and in some cases, to a much lesser extend to international audiences
>I can't understand this anime because I'm not culturally Japanese
>Therefore this anime is shit

Nigga, Nigga, Nigga, I get the feeling you're watching the wrong anime for the wrong reasons. Best you go back to /co/ or watch Naruto
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.