[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, how did Tokiomi get first ever shed snake skin as a catalyst?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: I-need-image-to-upload.jpg (114KB, 400x616px) Image search: [Google]
I-need-image-to-upload.jpg
114KB, 400x616px
So, how did Tokiomi get first ever shed snake skin as a catalyst? I've never seen any explaination of how that would even work.
>>
>>120328930
Magic.
>>
>>120328930
This would be one of those kind of plotholes that I wouldn't have a big problem with, you know?

If only they could close those other huge ones.
>>
>>120328930
How did Gilgamesh get plate armor?
>>
More importantly, how did that snake even drink an immortality-giving substance? That just seems unrealistic.
>>
Why do Mordred and Nero look like Saber?
>>
Why didn't the Matou family get investigated by the police for child rape?
>>
Why is the Arthur in Prototype a man if the Throne of Heroes exists outside time and space and is the same for all realities?
>>
>>120329842
Slowly and methodically?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyJAqicV5lY
>>
>>120329991
Same reason why Arcueid now looks like Saber.
>>
File: really stupid.png (115KB, 375x467px) Image search: [Google]
really stupid.png
115KB, 375x467px
>>120329991
>why does Mordred look like Saber
>>
>>120329096
Well, most plotholes are something that is overlooked by authors, but something like this should have explanation. I don't think anyone would just write "they got first shed skin of a snake" and not think about how it relates/works in the context of the rest of the story.
>>
>>120330451
Arturia isn't a man because she's actually alive and not just a spirit, so her form cannot be warped by myths and beliefs, but Mordred doesn't have that excuse. If everyone believed Mordred to be a man, the summoned Servant Mordred would be a man.
>>
>>120330614
Clearly that's not how it works.
>>
>>120330614
>believing Mordred is a man
What the fuck dude? On which shitty country do you live that thinks Mordred was a man?!
>>
>>120328930
>>120330461
If it was some scrub, poorfag mage, you could say that it was a plothole.

Tokiomi comes from a long, prestigious mage line. He has connections to the church. And he's rich as fuck. Using a few gem magic spells can cost him hundreds of thousands worth of jewels.

You can suspend your disbelief a bit to see how someone like him could acquire something like that.
>>
>>120329842
It was a herb that the snake ate, even though it's a potion in FHA somehow.

inb4 snakes are carnivorous
>>
>>120330726
I agree that he's influential, has money, magic and connections and that probably he can get all he wants but the fact that they never mention how the fuck he managed to get the snake shed despite all of that it's fucking lazy and idiotic.
>>
>>120330870
It doesn't matter how the masters got a hold of their catalysts, that's really not a story that needs to be told. This is such a trivial thing to nitpick over.
>>
>>120330870
People can get tons of stupid shit that should've been gone for good as catalysts. For all you know Gilgamesh kept it somewhere and it was kept safe from aging on some highly magical place
>>
>>120330870
It came by delivery, so we can assume he bought it. Probably from a museum.

I'm surprised you care so much about that when the Einzberns literally excavated Avalon from Cornwall.
>>
>>120330870
How far should they have elaborated?
>I went to X country, got it, and came back.
>I went to X country; talked to the local farmers, for info; got it; and came back.
>I went to X country; talked to the local farmers, for info; spent 10,000 years digging; got it; went grocery shopping; toured a little; and came back.
Telling the story of how they got their catalysts might be interesting, but they might as well go deeper with how magic works. It's just unneeded.
>>
>>120331029
How did they even know it was there though? I wonder about this because Kiritsugu probably would have ended up with Hassan otherwise, and I'm not sure he could have won in that case
>>
>>120330870
You can say the same about the Einzberns and how they found Avalon, or how the fuck Kairi managed to find a piece of the round table to summon Mordred. It's not important.
>>
>>120330614
There's quite a bit more genderbent Servants than just Mordred and Nero and they all contradict you
>>
>>120329842
The snake ate the plant in the Epic.
It was never a potion.
Well maybe it's in nasu's fanfiction
>>
>>120331334
Actually, Kairi having a catalyst was explained. It was a gift from the Magus Association
>>
>>120331467
Shit was it? I need to re-read Apocrypha. What volume is the translations up to now? Where the fuck did they even find that in the first place?
>>
>>120331533
It's in the first volume.
the second is also translated now.
>>
>>120331280
Well if he did get Hassan that means Kirei would've gotten something else and Tohsaka's strategy would be different and etc and etc
>>
>>120331224
They don't have to tell a story of the catalyst, I don't really care how Avalon or Alexander's cloth got into their masters. Those are heroic objects that are likely to be preserved, but first ever shed skin of random animal? That's just too random and wouldn't work the same way as other treasures. Also, the items should be linked to Gil in some way, so I presume that the skin is related to the epos, but it's still work without that. Anyway, they could've just said that it was from the snake from the epos and just do like 15 sec of bullshit explanation, that would've been enough.
>>
>>120331280
> because Kiritsugu probably would have ended up with Hassan otherwise
If they couldn't have found that specific catalyst, wouldn't they have just chosen another rather than leave it up to chance?
>>
>>120331784
Well they managed to get GORDES the catalyst to summon Siegfried in the Apocrypha timeline.
Kerry wouldn't have fared as well with his "tool" mentality see Gordes
>>
>>120331784
Is Assassin left to chance though?
Given that you always get Hassan I thought his summoning was akin to Berserker's, you had to add that you added him
>>
File: 4-chan-Archer-dragon-age.jpg (233KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4-chan-Archer-dragon-age.jpg
233KB, 1920x1080px
how much more powerful would alexander be if his stats and magic supply wasn't gimped by some scrub?

If keyneth had him all along he prolly woulda killed everyone but gil, maybe even him too.
>>
>>120331886
Stats in Zero make even less sense than in F/SN
>>
Is he talking about the UBW adaptation?
>>
>>120331951

even if alexanders stats didn't grow(which woulda been impossible comparing keyneth and waver's current abilities) he woulda had way more magic power to use his NP.
>>
>>120331610
The problem with Kiritsugu getting Hassan is that Kiritsugu himself is a better assassin than Hassan, but he relies on having a diversion from his Servant. Hassan couldn't do that for him. He'd have to play a passive game, scoping out fights between other masters and then killing all the other Masters at the same time using Hassan and Maiya

Also, if Kirei got any other Servant besides Caster, he and Tokiomi could probably just tag team and brute force their way through the war. Hell, Tokiomi could have done that anyway if he wasn't such a coward
>>
>>120331280
>>120331610
Kiritsugu could not have summoned Hassan because Tokiomi made Kirei summon it early.
>>
>>120331886
He'd be able to use his NPs one more time or so, which wouldn't have made a difference against Gilgamesh
Plus, Alexander and Kayneth would conflict a lot and I really don't see how well it'd work
>>120332044
That's the strategy he used because he got a strong Servant. If he had Assassin we don't know what he would've done (aside from intelligence work)
Kirei without Assassin would probably do the same thing than in F/SN's Lancer. Fight everyone to a draw to get their strengths, report to Tohsaka, leave Servant in a room somewhere
>>
>>120332026
No I mean somehow Saber under Kerrytugu has 2 stats higher than Rin!Saber.
And in general the stats of Zero-servants are too high in comparison to F/SN.
>lancelot nearly the same stats as Herakles
>>
I feel like quite a bit was taken out of Fate/Zero and slapped into the material books.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.