[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What have you watched? Why haven't you watched votoms,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

File: 1329052352363.jpg (3MB, 2500x2800px) Image search: [Google]
1329052352363.jpg
3MB, 2500x2800px
What have you watched?
Why haven't you watched votoms, giant robo and dougram?
>>
File: 1422132777646.jpg (1MB, 2500x2800px) Image search: [Google]
1422132777646.jpg
1MB, 2500x2800px
Watched only the first season of Big O

Next up are GitS and Roujin Z
>>
>>120326739
Ill help you cut out the shows.
watch the masterpieces

-gundam movies (not tv show) (0079)

-Zeta gundam(tv version only, movies suck) best gundam and a masterpiece.

-CCA (char couter Attack)

-sdf macross (tv series) (best girl wins, the only anime that does romance right besides maison ikkoku )

-macross plus if you want, its ok.
-Votms series and ova's

-vifam (trust me it might look silly but it gets dark as fuck)

-dougram it might look like a silly super robot show but its not. It has even more mature themes and politics then logh.

-Gaint robo masterpiece.

-gunbuster (when you get to the last 2 eps you will see why its a masterpiece)

-Nadaesico, in my view this show is a masterpiece, it is super weird with its dark tones outta nowhere and its freaky how it does it. its the only show i know with this sort of odd feeling you get when it become's serious .
>>
>>120328341
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBDAvrP4UN0
Oh let me explain votoms, its really really good. its one of the best mecha military drama and you truly feel sorry for the never ending pain of the main character. the tv series ends on a good note, but the pain never ends. OVA'S will see too that.
>>
>>120328341
ZETA A SHIT
>>
>>120328341
>>120328534
I watched everything I blanked out in my image, my comment was only explaining why Big O wasn't fully erased.
>>
File: 1389221829997.jpg (44KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1389221829997.jpg
44KB, 960x720px
Where's Orguss?
>>
The only good use of mecha is as an inspiration for little children to get involved in the industry.
Other than that enjoy your toy commercials.
>>
>>120328341
>Zeta gundam(tv version only, movies suck) best gundam and a masterpiece
No. Even ZZ was better.
>>
>>120328625
Ok well if this helps others actually watch good anime, i hope its helpful.
>>120328746
but your wrong every show i listed besides gundam (yet all the shows i listed was before toy shit) have nothing to do with commercials.
>>120328788
Ok now your going too far.
>>
>>120328746
Thats only gundam.
>>
>>120328746
Those toy commercials are better than you are favourite anime
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwszwb3aIPg
HELLO I AM VIFAM
MAIN TRANS ENGINE ON

WIPE AWAY, ALL YOUR TEARS.
TOGETHER WE, CONCUR FEAR.
>>
>>120325950
Oh wow this list is actually missing Ideon.
>>120328341
Add Ideon and its movie on there.
Its a masterpiece with the others.
>>
>>120329150
Hold up nigga, you do know that there is literally no point in making, adding or subtracting to anime charts anymore
>>
>>120329388
You don't like having 10 versions of the same chart because /a/ can never agree on something?
>>
>>120329388
I'm just making a list for others, these days mecha is extremely rare to learn about for new kids on the block, while actually it has some of best stories,realistic themes, and romance in anime. Anime today is a very... simple and comedic? then shows in the past. No i am not saying its bad or better, im saying there were shows that used some themes and less otaku character stereotypes (they didn't exist yet) then they do today. Im not trying to say anything bad about today or the past. I just want others to try these shows and see if they like them more or just get a feel of how anime was before the otaku explosion.
>>
I'm just going through Gundam chronologically, but I haven't watched much older mecha besides Gunbuster.
>>
>>120329684
Give up. Those who want to live will go out and search for all the many assorted charts that have been made and use them to set out on their own path with them as a basis. /a/ has chosen to die. To attempt to provide with the tools to save their lives as Finnish fine art film for four year olds watchers will only make you look silly and be insulted
>>
I should also note LOGH (legend of galactic heroes) is a must watch (only anime i know that does politics besides dougram) but i know that it is a favorite already on /a/.
>>120329907
after zeta, skip ZZ and go to CCA and unicorn. V gundam is really dark (more so then zeta) and you might not like it. then be done with gundam.

I would wacth SDF macross then maybe votoms or gaint robo. then continue with the list.
>>
>>120330032
>skip ZZ

It's a bit late for that.
>>
>>120329972
I might sort of agree with you since you seem to have actually watched dougram (truly a masterpiece) love the opening too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9F2AlAhMS0
but try not to troll others, fighting is not good. All im trying to do is give others a guide into the masterpieces of yesterday.
>>
File: 1422132777646.jpg (1MB, 2500x2800px) Image search: [Google]
1422132777646.jpg
1MB, 2500x2800px
I don't like mecha anime much.

Faded series are the ones I started watching but never finished.
>>
File: 1308356494632.jpg (31KB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
1308356494632.jpg
31KB, 400x275px
Shin Mazinger was no masterpiece, but it was more hype than Gurren Lagann, or any other recent show for that matter. Giant Robo and Tetsujin 28th are fucking awesome too.

Imagawa is really good. He doesn't direct enough though.

Takahashi is pretty fucking good too. If you have taste, Votoms, Layzner, Dougram should be your top pick for political, mystic mecha.

And lastly, I gotta say Tomino also has some good works. I don't enjoy G-Reco that much, but man, Zambot 3, Daitarn 3, Xabungle are some of the best you can get out of this bald man.
>>
>>120330251
>not finishing Giant Robo
Blasphemy.

This is the only show out of that chart that must be watched in full to fully appreciate it.
>>
>>120325950
You're really stretching the definition of mecha with a lot of those titles
>>
>>120330428
No he's not.

A show can have many genres for fuck sake.
>>
>>120330251
How could you of stopped sdf macross or gaint robot? they are very interesting. full metal panic i can see why and king gainer too. gundam i cant see why, well unless you watched the tv series, try watching the movies. its not just mecha anime too that you should try. watch ashita no joe and maison ikkoku. but really you kinda have to have a large attention span to wacth more not so over the top anime like mecha, you have to be into its themes like war,military, suffering, politics, and more old school romance and more realistic characters that might turn off some people who are too use to anime stereotypes (not saying its a bad thing)
>>
>>120330287
For me i kind of like tomino when he went through depression, its that psychopathic,deeply messed up, oddly realistic characters that made me love him.
>>
>>120330515
Having robots =/= mecha.
>>
>>120330287
Tomino also made vifam, which was a masterpiece too. really everyone gives tomino too much shit for his later shows only because he became less pessimistic and tried being normal because sunrise got on his back, while i don't like his more happy shows because they tend to be more on the boring/normal side, tomino was still a amazing man for his few good shows. Its all opinions though.
>>
>>120330679
>For me i kind of like tomino when he went through depression,
It's like you never watched Zambot 3.
>>
>>120330935
>Tomino also made vifam
He co-created it. He didn't direct it. Kanda did.

That's why it turned out for the better.
>>
File: 1336249225193.png (329KB, 700x739px) Image search: [Google]
1336249225193.png
329KB, 700x739px
>>120329972
>that feel when this man actually had a valid point and good reason.

He truly understood why his son went against him and he himself only wished he could have the same ideals.
>>
>>120330736
Bullshit.

Mecha in Japan means anything mechanical. That includes any kinds of robots.

The western term is used to describe giant bipedal robots, but who the fuck cares about the western definition? Those are japanese anime, not western cartoons.
>>
File: 1422132777646.jpg (3MB, 2500x2800px) Image search: [Google]
1422132777646.jpg
3MB, 2500x2800px
I need to get to watching GR. And while we're on the topic of Dougram, I must say that Crinn is the perfect example of a mecha pilot who "relies on his mecha" and only has medicore piloting skills. He gets hit in almost every episode.

>>120330935
Tomino didn't direct Vifam, but he did create the show's concept.
>>
>>120331070
>>120331172
Yeah i know, but you can still feel his style of doom in the series. the point that the kids were only lucky to survive and they gave valid reason's why they did so was genius. it wasn't just some lol they are kids and can survive anything. it was them trying to survive with a bunch of freaking kids.
>>
Just going to say that anyone who enjoyed the second Patlabor film should go check out Gasaraki.
>>
>>120330518
It's not like I dropped all of them because they were bad.

I liked most of them other than E7(but only saw like an episode of this) FMP, Gundam(yeah, I watched the TV series) and I guess King Gainer wasn't very gripping even if I liked the atmosphere and the setting. I have trouble finishing anime, I watched almost 500 series and I have probably at least as much that I started watching and still plan to finish one day.

I read the manga for both Ashita no Joe and Maison Ikkoku, I liked the former and hated the latter.
>>
This chart is bad for not including Getter Robo Armageddon, Gaiking LODM, Koutetsushin Jeeg, Mazinkaiser and Godannar.

They may not be perfect, but they're at least fun to watch.

I mean okay, you want to have all your artsy shows that aren't purely male power fantasy in it, but for christ's sake, what the fuck is Aquarion and GaoGaiGar doing in that list?

And yes, I remember the guy who did this chart. He got criticized by everyone for his shit taste at the time.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.