[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General LN thread So what LNs does /a/ read? I mean of course

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: overlord.jpg (442KB, 1600x872px) Image search: [Google]
overlord.jpg
442KB, 1600x872px
General LN thread

So what LNs does /a/ read? I mean of course everyone is reading Mushoku Tensei and Shieldbro to some greater or lesser degree but where else do you guys go to get your shitty chinese literature fix?

Currently I just finished all of Overlord that's been translated (they finished all of volume 2 just recently) and I really wish every LN was that good. I never thought I could like a MMO premise but it's pretty fucking amazing, also vol. 2 ends on such a cliffhanger - such a fucking cocktease.
>>
Also been reading Daybreak on Hyperion which some anon in a different LN thread was talking about and I thought the translation was fucking amazing only to find it was written in English originally. Some fan translator's hobby project or something. Does it still count as a LN? It's up over on bakatsuki but I feel kind of dirty reading it.
>>
File: 41645892_p19.jpg (426KB, 600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
41645892_p19.jpg
426KB, 600x1200px
>>120148919
RIP in pieces. Hugged to death.
>>
>>120149034
She sure got a lot of character building and art considering she was so unceremoniously killed off. ;_;
>>
In few past days, there was a document with summary of all translation efforts of LN (in Excel I think). If anyone has it, I would be thankful for it.
>>
>>120148919
TaMNI, Vanadis, Blade Dance. I wanted to read Densetsu no YĆ«sha no Densetsu but the translations are butchered.
>>
>>120148919

Chinese wuxia novels are on spcnet forums. Most popular and frequently updated one is Coiling Dragon on Wuxiaworld.

Sadly there are not that many fantasy light novels on the level of Mushoku Tensei and Overlord.

>>120149025

Yeah, it's a LN alright, just not Japanese. Same goes with Mother of Learning, one of the best out there but also written in English originally.
>>
>>120149034

Most erotic death I've ever seen in a LN.
>>
>>120150019
That sounds cool, I haven't seen it myself though. The only places I know to look for LNs is
>bakatsuki
>krytyk
>skythewood
>unlimitednovelfailues
and then for the rest your sort of on your own trying to sniff out wordpress blogs and the like.
>>
>>120150425
I was fairly impressed when he pulled out the sword that belonged to the party she killed and then was just like 'eh, it doesn't really matter how I kill you'.

In most LNs the author would have taken a 3 paragraph break mid-combat so he could explicitly point out who the sword used to belong to and blah blah blah

Ainz gives no shits though it's pretty great.
>>
>>120150372
>Sadly there are not that many fantasy light novels on the level of Mushoku Tensei and Overlord.
You mean, "sadly, I'm only fed what ESL translators give me so I don't know many fantasy light novels on the level of Mushoku Tensei and Overlord.", right?
>>
>>120150856

Yeah, I really enjoyed that.

Too many novels have too much repetition for shit you can figure out or use your imagination for.
>>
File: Untitled.png (58KB, 407x840px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
58KB, 407x840px
I'm especially fond of Stellar Transformations and Risou no Himo Seikatsu and have high hopes for Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o motto ni ikite orimasu although I'm mainly just curious about why the Nips like this one so much
>>
>>120150654
They're linking to each other anyway.
>>
>>120150928

My bad, should've put "translated" in there.

But I kind of doubt I'm wrong, with all the shit that gets translated. I'm more than willing to get proven wrong, if it can bring attention to some hidden gems.
>>
>>120151109
Is Slime Tensei worth reading? I looked at it and saw that they just sort of gave summaries of a lot of it and decided not to read it. Were they just skipping boring stuff, or what's up with that?
>>
>>120151182
>with all the shit that gets translated
Hahaha oh wow. Like less than 1% of what gets published ever gets translated. You really think that shit like Mushoku Tensei is the cream of the crop? That's fucking sad.
>>
File: coverImage_3442.jpg (234KB, 607x862px) Image search: [Google]
coverImage_3442.jpg
234KB, 607x862px
Anything good from Kadokawa besides Dantalian and Mondaiji? It's 60% off on bookwalker.
>>
>>120150372
>Sadly there are not that many fantasy light novels on the level of Mushoku Tensei and Overlord.
There a lot that are much better, I mean it's not hard to be better than some web novels written by amateurs.

Most just aren't translated
>>
>>120151435
Not really
I'm only reading because of my fetish for liches
>>
>>120151449
It's just like with VNs anon, we all know there's way better stuff that isn't translated but since we can't into moonrunes we have to make do with what we've got. And LNs that have something like universal approval and also an English translation ...it's a very short list.
>>
>>120148919
As always, have this list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H9A8s63-hCdLys4Lxh2ohP6BkfpnYpj4lNfAYtJZoZ0/edit?pli=1#gid=0
>>
>>120151911
Woah, nice.

captcha : ilyBu
>>
>>120151911
ah that's amazing, thanks anon!
>>
File: OnC_v01_0000_cover.jpg (730KB, 858x1200px) Image search: [Google]
OnC_v01_0000_cover.jpg
730KB, 858x1200px
>>
>>120151911
Someone should really throw that up on the /a/ wiki
>>
I tried to read MT, but the first volume was just so boring that I couldn't start the second.
>>
>>120152855
Okay.
>>
>>120152855
I got all the way up until he gets married and then I lost interest. Like dude has a wife and a kid, if he keeps having adventures he's an irresponsible piece of shit, if he doesn't keep having adventures then why would I want to keep reading.

What I'm saying is authors should save happily married family life for after their story is told.
>>
>>120152304
5B was fucking amazing.
>>
>>120153388
Rudi has been a piece of shit asshole throughout the whole story, that's hardly any surprise if you managed to come so far.
Everything he does is so fucking self-centered and nobody ever questions him, all of his thinking goes towards "It's not my fault at all, everyone else is to blame."

I like Mushoku Tensei, but I absolutely hate the MC.
>>
>>120153388
That's a pretty narrow minded approach to a story. No?
>>
>>120151449

Nice try at b8 m8. Prove it wrong.
>>
>>120153586
I don't get it. How? He had a pretty twisted view point at the start of the story, but he's pretty much matured.
When has he ever blamed ANYONE but himself? It's amzingly silly how he blames HIMSELF for everything, and if not, it's the "it's no one's fault" approach.

But I can't remember a point where he actually blamed someone else for something that wasn't obviously their fault.

Actually, this is probably bait anyways, so I don't really know if I should be taking what you say seriously.
>>
>>120151616

Where the fuck are the examples?

>>120151735

>better stuff that isn't translated
I blame shit taste for trash like Arifureta and shieldbro.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.