[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most overrated anime ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12

File: 13357l.jpg (61KB, 320x450px) Image search: [Google]
13357l.jpg
61KB, 320x450px
What is the most overrated anime ever?
>>
That shit's only like 10 minutes, what were you expecting?
>>
>>120038201
But that was pretty good for its length. To answer the question, KlK.
>>
Not La Maison en Petits Cubes.
>>
Lain
>>
Kino no Tabi

Better than Mushishi they said
>>
Aria
>>
>>120038201
Utena
>>
gundam
angel's egg
legend of the galactic heroes
devilman

shit's retarded
>>
meguda matoka
>>
Evangelion.
I'm not saying it's bad, I actually really enjoyed watching it, it's just THAT over hyped.
>>
Totoro, I fell asleep.
>>
Hyouka
>>
>>120038201
fairly odd parents
>>
shin sekai yori
>>
>>120038881
This
>>
>>120039241
>>120038881
One of these too probably, very few of the other suggestions are popular enough to be considered terribly overrated other than Lain possibly, but Lain is pretty god-tier. Really though, SnK is probably the most overrated in the community at large
>>
Evangelion and most Ghibli stuff.
>>
I know this is totally not related to the topic and it's sort of spoonfeeding but I remember seeing a clip from an anime a long time ago. This one girl was sleepwalking, and this guy (who was her subordinate I think) had to keep himself together while she went all cute on him during her sleepwalk. Then she abrubtly woke up in the middle of it and got pissed and ran away.

The whole scene happened in a sci-fi military compound I think. Anyone know? The name slips my tongue.
>>
>>120040334
Nevermind got it.
>>
>>120038754
If you're into comfy SoL anime, I don't see how you could be left wanting with Aria

If you're not into SoL then I don't know what you were expecting

It's like disliking Kill Bill or Pulp Fiction because they're too violent or because the directing style is too weird. Well yeah, it's a Tarantino movie.
>>
>>120038201
Clannad, 5cm/second, Black Lagoon
>>
>>120040441
>defending tarantino
Redditor spotted
>>
>>120040832
Not him but I like tarantino too.
>>
File: movie206.jpg (349KB, 511x512px) Image search: [Google]
movie206.jpg
349KB, 511x512px
Is this still overrated, or did people realize that the series was mediocre and that the movies are where it's at?
>>
>>120040741
Oh man I forgot about Clannad. I'm changing my answer.
>>
legend of the galactic heroes
>>
Not that it isn't good, but I've heard and read quite a few people absolutely losing their minds over FL;CL as if it were actually deep. Great job, you understood the allegory; the actual message isn't that profound.
>>
Angel Beats. Lot of the shows being mentioned in this thread are at least good, Angel Beats was straight up bad yet a lot of people would tell you otherwise.
>>
File: things only weenies care about.png (169KB, 310x325px) Image search: [Google]
things only weenies care about.png
169KB, 310x325px
>>120040832
You know, aside from how I never said I liked Tarantino and how this has nothing to do with my point; just because I like what you don't doesn't make me part of a site we hate or whatever. If you're gonna insult me, at least do it properly.

I don't even know why a Redditor would be expected to like Tarantino, I guess you do know why for some reason.
>>
>>120041125
>I forgot about Clannad
good for you, i kept watching that shit because people said the "it gets better" but it never did
>>
File: bizzaro clowns.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bizzaro clowns.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
Sword Art Online

I watched it when a lot of my friends were pushing me to saying it was the shit. I got into it by ep 3 and decided to marathon it and ended up dropping 3 episodes before the final of season 1; sick and tired of all the Mary Sue cliches and how stale the plot had gotten, my friends are all flustered about my dislike and are hesitant of any rec I give them just out of a tiny butthurt grudge they have with me. Later on I found out /a/ hated it too and I realized I will never escape this place.
>>
>>120038881
'the anime that will revolutionize the world'.

Yeah. Pretty much.

>>120040334
SnK is overrated as fuck but only because normalfags absolutely love 'gritty dark mature anime but a mature person like myself' bullshit.

>>120040741
Yeah, Clannad is really overrated. Especially when it's considered *the* most tearful anime.
It's kinda bullshit.

Hell, I'd even say Yuyuhakushow is overrated as fuck because of how flawed and shit it actually is, even if it's fun.
>>
File: 1420317974206.jpg (3MB, 1700x5009px) Image search: [Google]
1420317974206.jpg
3MB, 1700x5009px
>>
>>120040741
Also, how is 5cm per second overrated?
>>
>>120042419
Oh yeah, Gunbuster is overrated as FUCK.
People just praise it because it's an OVA.
The only thing good about it is that time dilation episode and the end. Everything else is absolute fucking shit.
>>
File: lies.jpg (50KB, 475x355px) Image search: [Google]
lies.jpg
50KB, 475x355px
>>120042419
How you can you not like at least one of those?
I think I might instinctively punch the guy who made this image if I ever cross him in a street without even knowing he made it. Seriously what kind of tastes must he have, does he even smile? Has he ever been hugged? Now I feel sad for him.
>>
>>120042603
This was a collective work. Many anons with actual good taste collaborated,so you might want to either check your taste or your new.
>>
>>120040741
>5cm/second
I understand both of these, but you're stupid for thinking 5cm/s is overhyped. The visual really lived up to the hype and people never expect for an amazing story.
>>
>>120042603
A lot of those are good but a good decent of those are overrated as fuck.

Kaiba.
The shitty madoka movie.
Scooby doo bullshit from Kyoani.
LoGH
Lain being boring as fuck to some people.
Kagarisomethingforgotthename is all talk and people don't like it
Ergo Proxy could have been cut in half
I was told that Utena was just pretentious fake symbolism bullshit.
SYY is shit in the middle and drags like fuck
Monster drags a bit near the end.
Tutu is perfect but there are a bit of a slow episodes.
Inferno cop is just meme praise although it's still good.
Haibane Renmei is alright but isn't an masterpiece.
Cowboy Bebop isn't that amazing except for some episodes.
Pale Cocoon is horrible.
5cm per sec is boring on purpose but good.
Welcome to the NHK is kinda silly but still good.
Nana is honestly meh.
Baccano is just shit outside of the flying pussy foot train. The mafia shit is boring as fuck, especially when there was no war and the main villain is an idiot.
Kino is good but I was told by people that it doesn't have any debt.
Paranoia Agent is good but its ending kinda breaks itself for the narrative.
And Gunbuster is just shit.

It's very very easy to see nearly all those shows as overrated as fuck imo.
>>
>>120042603
>>120042978
Oups, Kaiba is shit past ep 10 and the ending was fucking horrible. I personally didn't even like the beginning episodes but the premise was interesting.

Anyone with taste who actually watched all those shows can easily find the flaws and see how they aren't really all perfect or good.
>>
>>120042928
it has nice backgrounds, but the character designs were awful and it's not really that well directed either
>>
>>120043094
You didn't really go to watch a movie for the character designs though.
How was it poorly directed though?
>>
Evangelion. 2deep4u-shit.
>>
>>120038201
cowboy bebop
>>
>>120042978
Utena is good, only pretentious people call anime pretentious. It's like the bigger (and better imo) sister to Tutu. All of these criticisms are too vague.
>>
>>120041027
Eat about 50 dicks anon

The real answer is ghibli films
>>
File: essential.jpg (3MB, 1430x5050px) Image search: [Google]
essential.jpg
3MB, 1430x5050px
all of these
>>
>>120042603
it's literally a troll chart

how can you fall for it, holy shit
>>
>>120043291
>look mom! i did it again :DDDD
>>
File: 1312533092918.jpg (45KB, 468x484px) Image search: [Google]
1312533092918.jpg
45KB, 468x484px
Literally Evangelion.

Neon Genesis Evangelion.
>>
>>120042685
Bullshit, this screams troll image.
Pretty much every anime here would not get unanimously added to the chart.

Personally I aggre with Gunbuster and Ergo Proxy but I've been on /a/ long enough to know there would be a lot of anons that would shit on me in their defense
>>
>>120043271

Enjoy your sci-fi plot device to rehash the tired, "have a date with 2 women at the same time," sitcom drivel, that gets stale midway through the series and betrays its own time travel rules every time it comes up.
>>
>>120042506

>Gunbuster
>Overrated

casualfags ain't even heard of gunbuster before. It's far from overrated you idiot
>>
File: hilarity ensues.jpg (40KB, 500x558px) Image search: [Google]
hilarity ensues.jpg
40KB, 500x558px
>>120042978
>Kino is good but I was told by people that it doesn't have any debt.

You were told? I don't understand didn't you watch it you faggot?
>>
>>120043258
They're vague because those are mine except for some criticism I've heard about certain anime which I don't agree like Utena.

For example, Tutu is really good but people don't see what's good about it other than the meta and think people like it ONLY because of the meta.

I would bitch about each show separately but I don't have enough space for that.
>>
>>120043405
But he's right. I was in the threads.
I don't think you understand the purpose of the chart.
>>
>>120043501
I watched it, I don't see anything wrong with it.
Though that one episode referencing Diogenes was horrible.
>>
>>120042685
A quarter of this chart was from my suggestions alone.
>>
File: 1416458659248.jpg (17KB, 314x480px) Image search: [Google]
1416458659248.jpg
17KB, 314x480px
Everything I dislike is overrated and also pretentious.
>>
>>120043588
I don't think I do. Enlighten me because the title gives me a very misleading impression.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 500x377px
>people actually dislike hideaki anno's rendition of a shojo classic with the forever war sprinkled in

Plebians give me a headache
>>
>>120043846
They're the anime that are most likely to be the subject of an "/a/ you told me this anime was a masterpiece and it was just pretentious bullshit" thread, started by some assmad retard..
>>
>>120043193
I never said the it was poorly directed, the directing was meh, like the rest of the movie, I just found the film to be incredibly bland in almost every aspect.
>>
>>120038881
Came here to post this.
>>
>>120044028
Ok yeah, I can believe that. So it wasn't some voting collaboration, just an anon who piled up all the posts of some thread no different from this one.
>>
>>120043952
Would have been good if it weren't an OVA.

The fact that it had a character named Jung Skinner Freud made me roll my eyes.

That's like a cartoonist having a character named Musashi Tokyo Nobunaga.

>>120044148
Oh, my bad then.
Well, in my opinion, the movie in bland on purpose. And I would argue that it's what makes it good.
>>
>>120043952
I like it. There really isn't enough time for it to develop. If it were 12 episodes it would have been al ot better.
>>
>>120040741
> Clannad
Yes. If it weren't a moe-moe animu people would rightfully call it out as a shitty soap opera.

> 5cm/s
Haven't seen it.

> Black Lagoon
How is this overrated? I've never seen anyone claiming it to be some revolutionary masterpiece, just a fun pulpy action series with guns, tits and well-developed characters. Which is exactly what it is.
>>
>>120044215
The OP posted like 5 titles and literally asked if there was anything else to add, to which many anons replied with the titles they thought were shit.
>>
>>120044244
It was extremely Tomino of him, I thought it fit

>>120044258
Sure, more of it would have been nice, but for what we got it was fucking great
>>
>>120043952
Even into episode 5 I couldn't get over what a transparent plot device Sumisu-san was for Noriko.

I wasn't but it felt bare bones most of the time, and really quick to get to the point, only the first two episodes had a decent pace going.
>>
>>120044407
Won't even try to defend smith, he was kinda pointless
>>
>>120041503
Because the stereotypical le edgy Reddit faggot is a pretentious teenage boy or manchild, and most people in that demographic worship Tarantino (and/or Christopher Nolan).

Of course Tarantino actually is a pretty unique and talented filmmaker (if kind of an idiot savant) because he's basically a collage artist of cinema, but most of the people who try to sound smart by praising Tarantino don't even understand why his work is good or where he gets all of his concepts and material.
>>
>>120044568
Also tarintino hasn't released a good film in over 10 years...
>>
>>120044665
>Kill la Bill is over 10 years old
>>
>>120042978
>>120043501
>doesn't have any debt
What does this phrase mean? Perhaps it is a colloquialism I am not familiar with?
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.