[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do nips love mecha so much? The genre is so stale and fights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 17

File: 12531351326512515.png (267KB, 823x563px) Image search: [Google]
12531351326512515.png
267KB, 823x563px
Why do nips love mecha so much?
The genre is so stale and fights are shounen tier.
>>
I don't care nip tastes but mecha is fucking garbage.
>>
>>119960121
Because they are weak and can't fight on their own.
>>
>>119960738
>yet people in /a/ like aldnoah
>>
All they have to do is to make a mobile suit anime that has the character never get into a mobile suit until the end of the series. Pepper in a bunch of suffering and DEEP themes and bitches will lap it all up.
>>
>>119960121
>Shounen tier.

So what kind of action anime, and anime do you watch?
>>
File: 1336647004427.jpg (1MB, 3714x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1336647004427.jpg
1MB, 3714x5000px
>>119960121
>He doesn't like mecha
Poor guy
>>
>>119961893
No one cares about the shitty robots. They're in it for the threads like VVV, fujobait, and shipping.
>>
>liking mechas
>coming from the people that hate transformer which is a live action adaptation of all the fucking mechas that ever existed in nip land
>>
>>119962102
>watching gundam for the girls
>>
File: tomino24.jpg (96KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tomino24.jpg
96KB, 640x480px
>>119960121
Because of this guy
>>
I agree
>>
I watched Eureka 7 just for the relationships and character development.

Thanks god that in eureka 7 there weren't whole episodes devoted to shitty mecha fights.
>>
Why do white people like slice of life and romantic comedies so much?
The genres are stale and the girls are shit tier
>>
So people wanted to know what I really think about Gundam 00? Well here it is…….I thought it completely and 100% sucked balls, was clearly the worst anime ever made, and was a total waste of my time. And really it’s only served to show me that clearly all mecha and sci-fi anime suck balls as well. I can’t believe I’ve wasted so many years following mecha series like Gundam, Macross and the Go Nagai franchise’s when ALL it is is just mindless explosions and stupid characters talking about stupid things and emoing over each other’s problems.

Well no more, clearly there’s no enjoyment to be had in mecha/sci-fi anime on any level and I am now renouncing my faith in mecha anime for good thanks to Gundam 00. I am only going to be following much better genres next season in the form of shows like Queen’s Blade, Tayutama -Kiss on my Diety- and Hanasakeru Seishounen. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
>>
>>119961032
Well even if you were strong, good luck beating the other guy who is already in a giant robot.
>>
>>119962190
>girls
not in my A/Z
>>
File: m fail.jpg (177KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
m fail.jpg
177KB, 600x720px
Only old people love mecha
>>
>>119960121
NICE GENERALISATION YOU STUPID FUCKING MORON
>>
Better than the slice of life bullshit plaguing anime.

>thinking anime is a proper medium for character drama
>not knowing anime is perfect for giant mechas flinging shit at each other
>>
File: 1396325407172.gif (3MB, 320x180px)
1396325407172.gif
3MB, 320x180px
I'm sorry would you rather watch idols, OP?
>>
Let's say that mecha = harem in terms of shittyness and popularity.
>>
>not embracing your inner child when watching a medium made mostly for children
>>
Why mecha sucks, and I'll use gundam as an example. Back in the 90s, I watched Gundam Wing and Robotech and crap like that, and I thought it was God's gift to America. Here's a news flash, morons: God doesn't live in Japan. And if he did, he'd be an ogre or a four-armed freak with a monkey head. Is that what you worship? You're sick.

Here I am, more than a decade later, looking back at these shows with a trained, critical eye. Visual Rhetoric, Literary Criticism, and Creative Writing classes have all taught me one thing: 99% of everything everywhere SUCKS. Way to flush all my nostalgia down the toilet like it's a dead fish or your mother's wedding ring.

First of all, there's Gundam Wing. Here's something even I, a lowly undergrad English student from the middle of nowhere, can see: there are too many ****ing characters. What does that mean? No consistent point of view.

Let's take the first episode, for example. We begin with a lovely scene of a space shuttle being shot down. Why do we see this? What does this say? Was there someone important in the shuttle? I mean, there better be. This is how the entire series begins! That shuttle explosion is in the intro of more than 10 episodes, and yet we never learn who or what was in it. A secret weapon? The space pope? Jesus? We'll never know, because it doesn't mean anything. Way to go, morons. You confused me in the opening scene of your show. ****ing idiots...

And if that wasn't bad enough, they decide to introduce you to all FIVE of the Gundam pilots from the start. That's right, FIVE. Remind you of anything? You're damned right it does. Power rangers. Super Sentai. In the first episode of the show, the writers of Gundam Wing managed to completely give Tomino, the director of the original Gundam, the biggest middle finger they could muster. Tomino hated super robots. He literally invented the realistic robot genre of anime. SO WHY THE FUCK ARE SUPER ROBOTS IN GUNDAM WING?
>>
>>119962736
I know I would.
looking at cute girls > looking at machines
>>
>>119963017
I can forgive this show for recycled animation. I can forgive it for lighting errors (FYI, keep your light sources in the same place, morons). I can even forgive the dub. This dub sucks, I won't fight it, but it is acceptable in context. But not the story errors. There are just TOO MANY FREAKING CHARACTERS. You switch from being underwater, then to being in a desert, then to being in space, and all in one episode. Who do we relate to? How do we follow the story? I'll just answer that now: we don't. The episodes jump from character to character throughout the series, and it does it because 1. they can't develop character slowly and 2. because half the characters aren't even important to the plot. Look at the Gundam pilots. No affiliations to anything except the five mad scientists. WHAT THE FUCK?!!!

Name me one piece of world-changing technology that was developed by a mad scientist living out in space/a desert/underwater. Try it. If you do your research, you'll probably find that MOST scientists who develop important technologies are simply important figures in scientific movements. Even Einstein. Even Hawking. But oh no: that is not the case in Gundam Wing, where 5 lone nuts can apparently develop better mobile suits than the entire economic and scientific force of both the EARTH AND THE SPACE COLONIES COMBINED. Yeah, that makes sense. Morons.

If I ever meet the creators of Gundam Wing, I'm going to be polite. I'll take them out to coffee...or tea, or whatever the **** Japanese people drink. Maybe I'll get them drunk. In any case, once they're comfortable, I'll calmly, rationally explain to them that they're a bunch of sellout boneheads who sold out Gundam to the super robot genre just so they could sell toys.

fyou Sunrise, and fyou, Bandai. I hope everyone in your collective staff get hit by eighteen wheelers.
>>
File: mars01-150.png (210KB, 742x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mars01-150.png
210KB, 742x1200px
Mecha is the pinnacle of anime/manga if you aren't a newfaggot and expand outside of toonami. Mecha revolutionized much of the medium and has much more mature them4es dealing with humanity and general sci-fi.

Tezuka, Ishinomori, Nagai, Yokoyama, Ishikawa, Imagawa, Tomino, Anno and many other legends all come from a strong mecha background.
>>
>>119963237
ecchi revolutionized boob physics
harems revolutionzed love triangles
mystery revolutionized how to deal with criminals and crime solving
horror revolutionzed blood physics and wound animations
romance revolutionized women interactions in anime
>>
>not liking mecha
Enjoy being a pleb.
>>
>>119963237
>pinnacle of anime/manga

I wouldn't go so far as to say that, but anyone can tell that giant robots are cool as fuck.

Fight scenes in lower budget TV series really make me want to kill myself though
>>
I'd really wanna see shoujo styled mecha
>>
>Implying giant robots are not a man's true romance

How can you call yourself a true man and not love machines?
>>
>>119963507
Like mecha musume or a mecha series for a shoujo demographic?
>>
File: 1247530313099.jpg (654KB, 1731x1232px) Image search: [Google]
1247530313099.jpg
654KB, 1731x1232px
>>119963427
>I wouldn't go so far as to say that
Well that's because you're a newfaggot. I explained it earlier in my previous post.
>>
there's not enough mecha, we need more
>>
>>119963237
Just give up. None of those names are relevant to /a/ except le master
>>
>>119963575
>mecha series for a shoujo demographic?
Presumably this, since mecha musume are dime a fucking dozen.
>>
At this point high budget robot anime almost only exist for fujobaiting with enough explosions to get a male audience as well, unfortunately. Exceptions are just like, old fuck directors with equally old fuck franchises.

Non-homo ones generally get no budget, look like shit, and sell fuck all.
>>
>>119960121
Mecha isn't a genre though, it's just an element. Stuff like 0079, Dai-Guard, VOTOMs, and Patlabor are all completely different, they just happen to have mechs in them.
>>
>>119963594
What the fuck, we always get 1 or 2 fucking mechas every season.
>>
>>119962726
Plenty of mecha is all about character drama.
>>
>>119963756
Example: FUCKING EVANGELION.

Best forced drama
>>
>>119963697
>implying that's enough
>>
>>119963575

mecha precure would be awesome
>>
Mecha doesn't mean anything to /a/ because you all represent the cancer that is post-2000 anime/manga fandom.

Literally the cancer killing the industry. All you shits care about is the next waifu series.
>>
Why do people think that mecha is a genre?
>>
>>119963836
>second thread on /m/
>Marida thread
>>
File: Shoutmon_X7_wallpaper.png (736KB, 1200x914px) Image search: [Google]
Shoutmon_X7_wallpaper.png
736KB, 1200x914px
I wish I could get into more Mecha series. Few of them have actually been fun for me.
>>
>complain about mecha
>haremshit and ecchi is ok
>>
File: 218465468546.jpg (201KB, 1000x760px) Image search: [Google]
218465468546.jpg
201KB, 1000x760px
>pre-00 anime is heavily mecha/sci-fi and is seen as an artful medium with great stories and characters that appeals to all sorts of demographics
>post-00 anime is now just waifushit and is reviled as otaku fapbait with no artistic value and the industry is dying

Coincidence? I think not.
>>
>>119964030
/m/ I know most of you don't actually watch anime but pls
>>
File: kidman.jpg (3KB, 136x90px) Image search: [Google]
kidman.jpg
3KB, 136x90px
/m/ GET OUT OF FUCKING /a/.

mechafags are worse than casuals, ask them what else they like besides mecha and you'll probably get an answer like:

'OH BESIDES EVANGELION AND GUNDAM I REALLY LIKED YUYUHAKUSHO AND DBZ'

mfw
>>
>>119964125
He's actually right. Even video games coming out of japan today are plagued by the same things. In comparison, anime/manga/vidya from Japan were a lot more influential and respectable just a decade or two ago. That's a fact.
>>
>>119963053
gay
>>
>>119964231
In my experience that's not true in regards to /m/, but it's not like a kunt/a/la would know any better. Go back to watching some garbage like Saenai.
>>
>>119960121
mecha is nice but it hasn't gotten anything that great in a while. G Reco is fucking shit because Tomino cannot into pacing in a 2 cour show and his characters are alien. A/Z is just a disaster of storytelling.
>>
>>119964296
You rather put your dick inside a mechanical sharpener than a real girl?

That's what liking mecha is.
>>
>>119964278
>Even video games coming out of japan today are plagued by the same things.

Those things have always been there, it's just that it's easier to localize and make profit off of those sorts of games now.
>>
File: 1357875930068.png (129KB, 663x280px) Image search: [Google]
1357875930068.png
129KB, 663x280px
>>119960738
>>119960121
>>119963017
>>119963067
>>119964231
Hating mecha is like hating, I dunno, sci-fi in films or castaway stories in fiction. It's retarded, there's no genre that's universally bad or good.

The only people who vehemently hate mecha are trolls or newfags who don't know any better
Pic related. Fuck off, /v/

>>119964340
At least G Reco isn't succumbing to the CGI mecha craze that's so popular nowadays.

>>119963603
Maybe not neo-/a/
Have some higher standards, Onpu-chan
>>
>>119964231
>EVANGELION
>/m/
>liking evangelion
>>119964330
>kunt/a/la
The worst new meme, worse than "stick to A.Z", and I enjoy G-reco.
>>
>>119963507
Rayearth
>>
File: p26.jpg (323KB, 1200x1702px) Image search: [Google]
p26.jpg
323KB, 1200x1702px
>not liking cute girls and giant robots at the same time
How fucking pleb can you people be?
>>
Fafner is the best show this season.
>>
>>119963676
TL note: fujobait means there are more then one male character in show.(sunohara don't count as male character)
>>
File: 4251078.jpg (186KB, 981x920px) Image search: [Google]
4251078.jpg
186KB, 981x920px
>>119960121
Because greatest love story ever told.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.