[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has an anime ever been cancelled before? I mean mid run obviously.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1377794114301.jpg (49KB, 517x362px) Image search: [Google]
1377794114301.jpg
49KB, 517x362px
Has an anime ever been cancelled before?
I mean mid run obviously.
>>
It used to be really common
>>
>>119866040
There is nothing obvious about you meaning mid-run cancellation only. I've heard of a few anime that got canceled before they were finished though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Despera
>>
>>119866040
the last episode of school days was never aired on tv because the TV station refused to send it.
>>
>>119866040
The original Gundam series got cut short
>>
Cowboy Bebop was cancelled mid run before being picked up by another network
>>
I'm pretty sure that the second season of Mitsudomoe wasn't supposed to end at episode 8.
>>
Yes, one of the greatest loli anime of all time was cancelled mid run for being too lewd.
>>
Juuni Kokki was apparently cut from 68 to 45 eps

Various OVAs, like Bubblegum Crisis and Elf Princess Rane didn't make the episodes they had intended to
>>
>>119866040
bleach
>>
Evangelion was almost canceled because of excessive violence and sexual scenes in a prime time anime, in the end it only got a huge budget cut.
>>
>>119866040
Galilei Donna got its second cour cancelled mid-production or something.
>>
angel beats had to be cut short for reasons
could have been a pretty good show if the were given enough episodes
>>
>>119866040
Alive: The Final Evolution was canceled midrun.

Spiral: Suiri no Kizuna was canceled before we ever got to learn about the fucking Blade Children.

A few Gundam series (including the original) had their number of episodes cut.
>>
>>119866040
This happened a lot before, and most shows either work around it and still produce a quality product.

Example: Gundam X was cancelled, and it did have some problems that no one will disagree with, but the last few episodes were still pretty good, and wrapped up the story pretty well.
>>
>>119866768
And nothing of value was lost
>>
>>119866692

Really? I thought japanese TV was really raunchy cause of the uncensored version of shows like pokemon and some kids telling me stories about how accepted sex is in the east.
>>
Gundam X
>>
>>119866211
>implying it won't be made
>>
>>119866808
>Spiral: Suiri no Kizuna was canceled before we ever got to learn about the fucking Blade Children
It was just a standard 2 cours series
>>
File: 4-chan-monomi.jpg (21KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
4-chan-monomi.jpg
21KB, 480x320px
didn't kenshin get cancelled because those jewfucks gave us 4 seasons of filler after the kyoto arc?

Hell, TWENTY FUCKING YEARS LATER they still release fuck shitstain low quality OVAs of the older eps and a live fucking series of the old eps and still no fucking revenge arc.
>>
Buddy Complex S2
>>
X/1999 was banned for a while.
>>
>>119866842
>I thought japanese TV was really raunchy cause of the uncensored version of shows like pokemon
what the fuck kind of pokemon have you been watching, son
>>
>>119866842
It all depends on time slots. Violence is censored depending on the slot, and you'll notice most of the violence in shows is just cuts, or people getting shot with blood pouring out, but you'll rarely see guts or any organs outside of ovas.

Also, characters naked used to show up a lot, but it was mostly a quick scene, or nothing to noticeable. This is why shows could get away with showing kid dicks, but anything older was censored, and any women could show up topless without much of an issue until the 90's, when they started to cut down on it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.