[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you want to be a superhero, anon? It's a dead end

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

File: ShirouUBW1.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ShirouUBW1.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
Why do you want to be a superhero, anon? It's a dead end that only leads to suffering.
>>
> Implying I want to be a F̶a̶g̶g̶o̶t̶ Superhero.
>>
Every boy has dreamed of being a superhero once in their lives. You won't know for sure if it is a dead end that leads to suffering.
>>
>>119506971
Shirou does.
>>
i would much prefer to be a magical girl than a superhero, thank you very much
>>
Sounds like my normal life, except without the saving people.
>>
Who's more chuuni, a super hero or a magical girl?

I'm thinking the super hero because he actually goes out of his way to create a uniform, while for the magical girl it's just part of her powers.
>>
I dunno, the other Shirou seemed to have turned out alright as a superhero (if you can call him that). He got by on it for over half a century and came out no worse for wear
>>
>>119509289
i think magical girl is more chuuni for me because i am a boy
>>
Not a hero, all I want is to be a god.
>>
>>119512393
The chuuniest
>>
>>119512393
Going by anime, that's probably way less powerful than either magical girl or super hero.
But it would also be really cool. I wonder what kind of excuses you can come up with as a God to not attend middle school.
>I had to listen to a little girl's prayer.
>I had to guide the spirit of a little girl to heaven.
>I had to exorcize lewd thoughts out of a little girl.
>I was ogl-guarding a little girl during a very vulnerable time.
>>
File: IgVdP84E.jpg (12KB, 321x321px) Image search: [Google]
IgVdP84E.jpg
12KB, 321x321px
whatever, my ideal is not wrong
>>
I just want to be Guardian, like EMIYA. Maybe with less blades though.
>>
>>119506898
Gotta dream the impossible dream.
>>
File: do what now.png (235KB, 673x667px) Image search: [Google]
do what now.png
235KB, 673x667px
If you could be a hero, just an ordinary guy who suddenly does something heroic and becomes known and celebrated as a hero, would you do it?

You could not go back to your old life. and you would constantly be in danger. You don't have to be an action hero, but after that point you'd be obligated to continue being heroic in whatever manner you did the first time. Odds are, you won't survive more than a few years, but your death will be suitable heroic to inspire those who knew of you.

Would you do it? Would it be worth it?
>>
>>119515544
I wouldn't, but I sure would admire someone who could.
>>
>>119515544
Yes. I would do it. Do I meet other heroes on my short journey?
>>
>>119506898
Because the ideal is beautiful enough to be pursued with all my might even if it might lead to suffering.
>>
>>119515544

I may as well. I've got nothing going for me anyways.
>>
File: 1390691001029[1].jpg (33KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1390691001029[1].jpg
33KB, 1024x576px
All that matter is if you try to the best of your ability.
>>
File: 1359184772440.png (157KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1359184772440.png
157KB, 1680x1050px
>>119515746

No idea. It's your life. Do we have "heroes" in our world, like we might in our chuuni head delusions? Is that the kind of hero you'd want to be, the sort who fights off whatever nameless mooks you might see as evil, or the sort who pulls kids out of a burning building when the firefighters won't rush in?

What is a "hero" to you/us? We don't live in a world with james bond super villains, no one great evil to fight. Would you be someone who takes a stand against a bunch of terrorists, or maybe the sort of guy who rescues people in trouble? Maybe you'll overthrow the government in some far flung african country, or eastern europe.

If you die after a few years of your fight, would it truly be worth it? If being a hero were something that important to you, after experiencing it, would anything else in life seem interesting or consequential? The little things that bring us /a/nons joy in our daily lives would certainly pale in comparison to being a celebrated hero. Even if you don't dig the fame and public adoration, it has to be something to know how admired you are, and that you've inspired many. Would a life of obscurity after that even be that interesting?

I've given this a lot of thought. I think if, even if it would end in tragedy at the end, to be a hero would be worth it. Even if you die, or don't believe in an afterlife, to leave that legacy would be better than anything else you could do in life- and life ends eventually anyway.
>>
what is hero, anon?
>>
File: 1417332827654.png (781KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1417332827654.png
781KB, 800x800px
>>119515999
To think I would find someone who thinks similarly as me. In the scenario you spoke, ''A guy who does something heroic and gets celebrated as a hero'', I assumed that I would get the chance to save a lot of people. Maybe kill someone evil. Even though our world doesn't have the evil as they are shown in the our mediums, in this case, I assumed we had. If I would get the chance to stop someone like that, I would take it. But does that mean I want the super villains to appear? Maybe. Hell if I know. However, I would even take the choice to stop a terrorist group, or to ruin a scheme that would had ended up killing a lot of people.
Even if that would mean that I would be hunted to the end of the world, I still would. I don't even want the fame, honestly.
I'm just bored of the world. I am chuuni, that is true. But I don't know. Maybe I want the pain and suffering. I want to fight. That might be the reason why I liked the Sparks Linear High, End 30 and the normal end in Heaven's feel so much. The difference, is that I wouldn't mind the tragedy.I would take it over the happy ever after. And to your question - I couldn't go back to the regular day-to-day life after being a hero.
Sorry, I didn't meant to spill my chuuni so much, but well, I'm anonymous.
btw, nice trips
>>
File: 219971.jpg (44KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
219971.jpg
44KB, 225x350px
>>119516179
Heroes don't exist
>>
>>119516179

The kind of person that can protect smiles. One day, I would like to protect someone's smile.
>>
>>119517434
I only need to protect one person's smile; myself.
>>
>>119517785
>not protecting mine
Asshole.
>>
>>119506898
Hope to see you in the fall semester, Mike.
>>
>>119517785

But that's my job. You won't let me do anything.
>>
>>119516764

I feel a lot like you anon. We are chuuni brethren, but given how much of our society is based on escapist media with a focus on a single, often tragic hero that the audience is meant to relate or insert with, I think it is a very common theme.

I only ask about the death making it worthwhile at the end because I think a hero who just doesn't ever face resistance, or who always wins, isn't fun. I wouldn't want to be Onepunchman, or Onii-sama. Someone like Shirou is much more interesting than Superman.
>>
>>119518362
We are indeed brothers. I never liked superman. I liked Batman instead, because he had a struggle. He trained to become strong, he wasn't born with it.
And yes, with all the problems Shirou had, he made a great fucking hero when he needed to be one.
Anyways, nice meeting you.
>>
>>119506898
>It's a dead end that only leads to suffering.
Only if you do it wrong.
>>
>>119506898
I don't want to be a hero.

I WILL be a Hero.
>>
>>119509289
A lot of Japanese 'super heroes' have their costumes instantly conjured for them as well.
>>
I just want to be myself
>>
File: protopepe alter.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
protopepe alter.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>119517382
There are no heroes left in man.
>>
File: 849412.jpg (19KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
849412.jpg
19KB, 400x225px
>>
>>119506898

Well, thanks for the warning. I kinda wanted to be a baker as well, guess I'll pursue this dream instead.
>>
File: 1417330961462.jpg (37KB, 224x257px) Image search: [Google]
1417330961462.jpg
37KB, 224x257px
>>119520029
>>119517382
That's not true!
>>
>Ends with suffering

Sometimes. Then there's people like:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-30685433
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.