[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell happened to Rei? Two films were spend building

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 15

File: not rei.png (614KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
not rei.png
614KB, 1280x544px
What the hell happened to Rei? Two films were spend building up something nice, and then THIS?
>>
>>119068373
She is kill
>>
Rei Q is best Rei.
>>
>>119068373
She's in the Eva Unit core.
>>
>>119068373
Which Rei? There are thousands of them clones easily replacable.
>>
Anno hates Rei OP.
>>
She got absorbed into Shinji.

Shinji is now pregnant with his own mother.

I could see it happening.
>>
>>119068450
Pokanami is a nice but forced fanservice, at least Rei Q have an development more subtle.
>>
>>119068820
That's the dumbest thing I've heard.
>>
The first two rebuilds were a bait and switch for the 3rd.

You liked everyone being happy and not mentally disturbed? Well fuck you, you're everything that's wrong with Eva, take this strange lump of everyone suffering, and be confused and irate, like you should be.
>>
File: rei 3.33.png (975KB, 1023x571px) Image search: [Google]
rei 3.33.png
975KB, 1023x571px
She's okay somewhere
In Eva 01?
Became one with the space and time defying Rei that causes Impacts and sends ghosts in every which way?
Who knows
>>
>>119068874
That's stupid though, considering he original spends far more time on happy non-mentally disturbed shit than the Rebuilds do.

Anno is the one who made both, Rebuilds and NGE, and he made the happy stuff both times.

Unless you mean to imply Anno is what's wrong with Rebuild, then you're probably right
>>
>>119068373
>"Building up something nice."
Confirmed for shit taste. The second film completely butchered her character, the third is in the process of saving it.
>>
>>119068820
>>119068450
>>119068942
Rei Q is a garbage character.

Rei 1.0/2.0 is a working character, Rei Q is downright destruction.
>>
File: 1417337876814.jpg (34KB, 508x471px) Image search: [Google]
1417337876814.jpg
34KB, 508x471px
>>119068548
That's kind of sick even for Shinji.
>>
>>119068942
>The second film completely butchered her character, the third is in the process of saving it.
Yeah, just like Rome saved Carthage according to legend. Bet you're trolling though.
>>
File: 1416856042157.png (169KB, 1839x719px) Image search: [Google]
1416856042157.png
169KB, 1839x719px
>>
>>119068962
Rei 1.0/2.0 is a nothing more than generic waifufagging. ReiQ is much more interesting.
>>
I like Q's plugsuit.
>>
>>119068874
I wouldn't say so. If you like the first two, you're part of the group of the audience that requires there to be a constructive element along with believable storytelling devices. (characters, plot etc)

The third one lacks any such constructive or believable elements and is more fanservice and action hooped up together. It's entirely superficial and essentially only exists to appeal to fans that don't set any standard besides looks, which would be the actual problem with the "audience" in the fanbase.

Instead of understanding and absorbing the story, they just pick anything that looks cute and cool then run with it. The 3.0 characters are barely characters.

Rei Q for instance has some sort of "token development" going on that doesn't have any meaning, no real beginning or end. What's left is the "clone girl vulnerable pinocchio" moe, which I suppose some losers in the crowd will find appealing.
>>
>>119069054
Bait.
>>
>>119068373
>Two films were spend building up something nice
Really? because I feel like Pokanami have an really generic character development.
Even with that I like Pokanami (mostly because I am an Shinji X ReiFan)
>>
>3.0
>Existing
Why do you tell these horrible lies, anon-kun?
>>
> Q
> Asuka the main character who save everyone's asses
> Kaworu the miserable man
> Shinji the retard boy
> Mari the boin girl
> Rei the mass product doll
>>
File: 1418775687974.png (2MB, 4002x5676px) Image search: [Google]
1418775687974.png
2MB, 4002x5676px
>>119069054
Not even close. I suspect you're trolling, but consider pic related anyway.

There's nothing interesting about Rei Q, in 1.0/2.0 you have Rei being developed down a new route which has all that weight and credibility behind it that you should expect from an Evangelion character. Now that brings you into some interesting what-if situations you can actually look back on and piece together in an interesting way.

Rei Q of course, doesn't have anything. She just plays on retarded moe and that's the entire character. Maybe it's "interesting" (read: sexually appealing) if you're a retarded, worthless fat otaku piece of shit, but for anyone who considers characters more than doujin material, not really.
>>
>>119068373
Rer look really nice in that suit.
>>
http://animatorexpo.com/untilyoucometome/
>>
>>119069030
Okay, I can dig most of that, but where does THIS fit into Anno's interpretation?
>>
>>119069178
Rei Q is literally a flesh doll, you know the thing most people who dislike Rei liken her to be.
>>
>>119069312
Evangelion is a cool show about cool robots with stupid designs.
>>
Rei is maybe Annos greatest character, or at least up there.

Normally, this would be great, but Anno is an otaku so he hates Rei because she is not his own fave.

Thats why he ruined the character in Rebuild and made his own faves into supergirls and boys.

Thats why your pic related is there OP.
>>
>>119069366
Exactly, which is why anyone who likes Rei Q is cancer or a troll.

I consider Rei Q to be the product of fan jealousy and hatred towards Rei.
>>
>>119069531
Actually it's exactly the other way around.
Rei Q is the product of adoration and idiotic misinterpretation of Rei.
She is what most people (read: waifufags) want Rei to be.
>>
I don't see how Rebuild Rei is any worse than original series Rei. They're the same character.
>>
>>119068373
With Eva-01.
>>
>>119069554
Nope, if that was true they would love it.
>>
>>119069554
Did you even think that through?

It cant be adoration, because those who do adore Rei all hate what Rei Q presents Rei as.

Misinterpretation? Deliberate misinterpretation maybe. In other words, jealousy and hatred.

See >>119069581
That guy is trolling by comparing them. A lot of anger about original Rei being better than his favorite, so hen pretends they are the same.
>>
>>119069554
See >>119069366
Its butthurt waifufags (asukafags mostly) who hate on Rei because she is loved and asuka isnt as much. The Radio drama for instance makes fun of butthurt asukafags.
>>
>>119069901
Both of those were my posts.

>>119069821
What I mean with "adoration and misinterpretation" was that people possibly liked Rei for being weak and submissive and generally being a doll.
Anno gave them just that and that bothered them so much.
>>
lthere are people out there who still defend 3.0?
supreme kek. aside from audio production its a bakemono.
>>
>>119069992
>aside from audio production
And cimematography.
And editing.
And everything but the writing.
>>
>>119069178
You've got them the other way around. Rei 1.0/2.0 is the boring generic waifu character, who's all about, "I love Shinji, imma cook for Shinji." 3.0 Rei goes back to her, "who am I?" roots.
>>
>>119068942
Yeah but 2.0 not was that bad, that movie have some nice ideas and was decent at least.
But I have to say I like Q more.
>>
File: LJBWcAx.png (284KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LJBWcAx.png
284KB, 1920x1080px
>>119068373
>>
>>119068373
>something nice

Did you forget what you were watching?
>>
i jsut watced nge for the first time this weekend with my gf. she told me to skip on the last two episodes and watch end of eva instead, something about it bein the true ending due to budget cuts or some shit. That shit was fucking garbage. I mean this show did a bit of build up for a lot of characters only to leave shit unresolved. Not that it would've mattered because the plot was fuck all retarded. This show did a really good job on not giving info on the world. Lilith is shown, like fucking twice throughout the series and im somehow supposed to know she accidentally kicked adams punk ass off the planet? And who the fuck are these even more advanced beings that created them? So advanced they don't know how to set a god damned course that they wouldn't run into each other. I don't know, i dont really watch anime or read manga, but am I missing some shit? I'm guessing there's a manga, but is there like another animated? for instance, i've never seen Rei in that suit in the op.
>>
>>119069054
Pokanami was a great idea but Khara dont make a good job with that idea.
>>
>>119069071
My Nigga.
>>
>>119070870
watch it again without your landwhale gf

you shouldnt skip the last 2 episodes the first time you watch it

its open to a lot of speculation and thats why many theories get made, but theres a lot more canon material out there and most of your questions can probably be answered
>>
>>119070870
Most of the information considering the lore around Adam and Lilith comes from NGE2
There's the manga, but it's Sadamoto's version of what happens in the anime. There's some changes to the plot, and Sadamoto explains events differently than Anno does. I'd recommend it, but it's not essential in understanding NGE.
The suit you are confused about is from the Rebuild movies.
>>
>>119069247
So Shinji is gonna forgive Rei Q for existing and both are gonna become friends.
Ok that have my atention.
>>
Listen to me, you have to open yourself up to the possibility that Anno does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability he hates you.
>>
>>119069247
what interpretation of Danny Boy is gonna be used in the short, the Song of a Girl to his Lover or the Song of an Father/Mother to his Son?.
Maybe both?.
>>
>>119069531
I like both characters, More Rei than Q but Still I am gonna be patient and wait for 3.0+1.0 to make a veredict.
>>
>>119071234
If Anno made Eva in image of himself, what does that say about Anno?
>>
>>119070113
Pokanami is more about " I want to make Shinji happy because he make my happy and if he is happy I am going to be happy to"
>>
Rei 2 will do weird god shit again and go away.
Rei Q will live, and become Shinjis slightly retarded sister.

She will get development by watching Asuka interact with Shinji, and basically become an Asuka clone.

None of that is going to happen, but a super bitchy Rei would be kinda funny to me.
>>
>>119069957
People dont like Rei for being submissive or doll like.

Rei is not a doll, that was. Always an insult.
>>
>>119069030
This is so much bullshit. 3.0 is pure fujo fanservice. Does tumblr seriously think they are exempt from pandering? Plus Mari and Asuka's breasts jiggle in their plugsuits and we get a full view of Rei Q's ass. And every single character is stupid as fuck. Asuka entirely revolves around Shinji, Rei Q wants to be accepted by him for no reason and Kaworu wants to give him everything in the world just because.
>>
They tried to do what they did in NGE with Rei 3, but failed. Rei 3 was the completed soul and acted even more alien, but still cared for Shinji in her own odd way.
They tried going the alien root by making her emotionless, but it just came off as sudden.
>>
>>119069957
The only people who call her a doll are trolls. She has never been submissive in the whole show. That was Asuka lashing out with her own insecurities as always.
>>
>>119072502
>Asuka entirely revolves around Shinji, Rei Q wants to be accepted by him for no reason and Kaworu wants to give him everything in the world just because.
But that's how they acted in the original series too.
>>
>>119068373
>rei Q face after being told the script of 3.0

I'd be depressed as fuck too.
>>
>>119072773
Kinda, but Rei and Asuka at least had other things going on in their lives, and did things outside of Shinji.

Kaworu doesn't matter, he's less of a character then pen pen.
>>
>>119072773
Nope. Asuka did not revolve around Shinji nor did Rei. Rei came to like Shinji later and Asuka grew into a mix of detesting him and sexual frustration, but both had way more issues than Shinji.
>>
File: ReiIsNakedAndUnamused.gif (955KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
ReiIsNakedAndUnamused.gif
955KB, 500x383px
>Rei fans
>linking rebuild

Really? You'd support the rebuild after they turned her from an introspective wilting flower in a perpetual existential crisis to the quiet girl in the Shinji harem? I almost threw up when she asked Gendo for a family dinner. My god. few people hate rebuild as much as I do.
>>
>3.33 was the last movie in the timeline
>The next movie will take place between 2.22 and 3.33
>the last we see of the three pilots was them walking on ahead into the future
>the trailer at the end of 3.33 and the expo short was the epilogue
>the title consists of nothing but previous titles in the Rebuilds. It is a reference that the movie is going to be on the past, despite being the fourth installment
>>
>>119073386
>implying that was out of character
Reifags always seem to forget the scene in the original where she blushes after Shinji cleans up the garbage in her room. Or when she blushes when Shinji says she's like a mother. 2.0 Rei is a realistic evolution of that character.
>>
>>119073692
Anno would do something like that
>>
>>119073692
If we get to see some adventures with Asuka and Mari, and some Mari character development, I'm fine with it.
>>
I just can't see them doing anything interesting with Rei Q in one movie.

I kind of expect her not to really do anything, but just tag along and observe people, and then at the end help Rei 2 and judge humanity or some weird shit.
>>
File: 1358798704002.jpg (152KB, 600x1253px) Image search: [Google]
1358798704002.jpg
152KB, 600x1253px
>>119068899
>>
File: blowing air into reis eyes.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
blowing air into reis eyes.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
>>119074180
Cute
>>
File: 1419298244894.jpg (8KB, 251x142px) Image search: [Google]
1419298244894.jpg
8KB, 251x142px
>>119069030
It's kinda sad that people really think they understand Anno like they have been inside his head. This is anon pulled all of this out of his ass
>>
>>119074129
>She just sits there while Asuka rapes Shinji during their travels.
>>
God damn, faggots who get pissed over Rei Q being an unlikeable, bland character miss the entire point of her existence. She's supposed to discard Rei's previous development and "cheapen" her as a character, that's the whole tragedy of the movie. In addition to being a tragedy in how the world is fucked due to Shinji's actions to save Rei, it also reveals to Shinji that his efforts to save her only led to her being trapped in space and replaced by a plastic copy as if she wasa mass-produced tool. This shows how Shinji's hamartia made everything he loved fall apart, cementing the tragedy. But leave it to anime fans to completely miss the point of a deliberate characterization change because it makes their waifu look bad.
>>
File: asuka.png (409KB, 640x472px) Image search: [Google]
asuka.png
409KB, 640x472px
>>119074464
Adults got no time to play games anymore, she can't waste time pretending she doesn't want him now
>>
>>119074727
The real tragedy is that it is badly written and mouthbreathers like you want to make up all kinds of ridiculous excuses for it.
>>
File: rei19.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
rei19.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
>>119068373

(1/2)

Rei Q is Rei. Let's look at the evidence.

1) Rei has the soul of Lilith, allowing her to respawn between clones in the Ayanami Series

2) When Shinji pulls Rei out of the core of Zeruel, he achieves a 3rd Impact triggered by himself, Yui, Rei and Zeruel merging. When this happens, the camera pans down to Lilith in Central Dogma. When we see Lilith again in 3.33, she has transformed into the Giant Naked Rei but is currently a "corpse" because Kaworu stuck her with a bunch of spears

This confirms that Rei IS Lilith in a sense, that her soul returned immediately to its true form when 3rd Impact began. However, since Lilith is a corpse, it is inferred that Rei's soul has left Lilith.

3)Misato says that they couldn't find signs of Rei in Eva 01's LCL. They found her keepsake in there, but not Rei herself. Fuyutsuki agrees with this: he believes that Rei's soul entered the core of Eva 01.

4)Kaworu calls Rei Q "artificial" and says that this means her soul is "placed differently". This prevents her from using the spears. Now it artificial means that she's an albino clone with a (suppressed?) angel soul, Kaworu would qualify too, but he's not artificial because he is able to use the spears just fine. So Rei 2 would not have been artificial.

5)Rei Q also pilots a special Eva whose internal intelligence is actually a shard of Adam's Soul and whose entire bio-structure is a self-regenerating angel core. If she had the soul of Lilith inside of her, this would be very dangerous because it would mean that someone else in an Eva could potentially trigger an Impact if they interacted with her Eva in the wrong way.

6) Rei Q is mentally blank. She has no memories or personality. However, she is disturbed when she realizes that she isn't the original Rei. She has the will to develop an identity, and actually makes improvement over the course of 3.33, following Asuka and Shinji out of the rubble without being ordered to.
>>
File: rei lmao.png (128KB, 234x303px) Image search: [Google]
rei lmao.png
128KB, 234x303px
>>119074986

(2/2)

Conclusion: Rei Q is a botched Rei 3. In NGE, Rei 3 respawned without a hitch: her soul brought personality, confused memories and relationships with others along with it. Her essence as Lilith fully awakened, but she rejected Gendo's instrumentality in favor of Shinji's because even though she couldn't remember her death, she cared more for Shinji than for Gendo.

But Rei Q didn't get the soul properly put in her body. The soul is still "placed" inside of Eva 01's core, and basically only a shard of it is inside Rei Q. Rei Q is being remote controlled by her soul from a very long way away. She is essentially in a dreamlike state without memory of her former self.

This is played for drama: Shinji, by saving Rei, prevents her from respawning normally and instead causes her to suffer from complete loss of memory and personality. 3.33 is actually more bleak and tragic than the original series.

But despite this, he actually manages to bring back the faintest sliver of the Rei he knew in her, when he causes her to question her own identity and choose to follow him.

It goes to say, of course, that it would probably take an Impact or the correct spear or something to re-united Rei's soul with her body, because of how difficult it is to extract someone from the core. But if 3.0+1.0 mirrors parts of EoE this will likely be what happens during Shinji's instrumentality.
>>
Rei Q is Anno's attempt to criticize Reifags amd fans of generic Rei clones by showing them that what they desire is actually an ugly and hideous thing. Anno has done this sort of thing from the beginning, the reason Asuka was the way she was was a commentary on how actually fucked up a girl who acted like the tsundere archetype would have to be on the inside. Rei Q is just another attempt to criticize fans of a generic archetype that he helped create.
>>
>>119074986
>>119075334
They make a point of pointing out that Rei Q is not Rei. Even that new trailer shows it. Asuka gets all of her incarnations shown, showing that Shikinami and Soryu are one and the same, whereas Rei Q is simply there without anybody else shown, and Quantum Rei has Rei Q reflected, indicating that she's merely an outsider to the broader Rei consciousness. Rei Q is a true Rei 3, a Rei who isn't Rei but her own person.
>>
>>119075556
>>119075458
>>119075334
>>119074986
>>119074727
Rei Q haters BTFO
>>
>>119074986
>>119075334
Your conclusion has nothing to do with the points youve laid out, and the point themselves are invalid conjecture because the contradict the original yet base themselves on it.

That said, Rei Q is a botched Rei 3, although in a different sense. Its intentionally botched, sabotage.
>>
>>119075458
Thats retarded. This was obviously not what they desired, its what Rei haters desired.

Not Reifags, they are happiest when Rei does great things. Its only a Rei hater thing to think of Rei as a doll, hence why Asuka did it in NGE and most Asuka fans.
>>
>>119076143
Anno's a big Asukafag, Anon.
>>
>>119074727
You missed the point, actually. In fact your entire post is retarded, you are making the observation that Rei Q is shit into a point.

Youre saying that its "supposed to be bad" as if that would solve anything or give any sort of insight.

More like leave it to the pretentious fuckwads to not see the forest for the trees!
>>
>>119076199
I know. It has nothing to do with what Reifags wanted, it has everything to do with what Rei haters wanted. The tragedy is that Anno let his own butthurt ruin both characters.
>>
>>119073386
Youre a poser and a liar.
>>
>>119072518
What they did in NGE with Rei was brilliant.

Rei Q only has one purpose, to Ruin that brilliance. Its not a coincidence it blows, Rei Q is shit because its the only way Anno knows to make Rei less popular and his own favorites more popular.
>>
>>119069000
>Yeah, just like Rome saved Carthage according to legend.
Everyone knows Carthage was done by the Toreadors and Tremeres because they couldn't handle the superior Brujah.
>>
>>119075556
If she is not Rei, she is not Rei 3. Much less a true Rei 3.
>>
>>119075556

I wouldn't assume this is necessarily what the trailer implies. Both the trailer and also 3.33 leave a lot of confusing things in need of explanation.
>>
It doesnt surprise, me that Asukafags and other Reihaters pretend to like Rei Q.

Its their wet dream, a Rei that doesent make their favorite look like shallow support cast.
>>
Can't we just agree that at this point Anno is just bitter and will do whatever will piss off fans the most, changing his targets at a moment's whim? Asuka had her time as the punching bag, now it's Rei's turn
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.