[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we know the economy of the anime industry has been in freefall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: animator-poverty-003.jpg (40KB, 479x270px) Image search: [Google]
animator-poverty-003.jpg
40KB, 479x270px
So we know the economy of the anime industry has been in freefall since the anime boom of the late 90s and early 00s, so the question has to really be asked, where can it go to recover?

At the moment they've settled into focusing on cheap "fan service" shows that they know they will have an obsessed audience for that will buy all the merch and once every so often a studio will blow those merchandise profits on something they want to actually do, but probably won't make money.

This is obviously not sustainable, we also are seeing stuff like Kickstarter being used, but they won't be able to do that shit industry wide.

So what really can save the anime industry? The best we could probably hope for is another massive anime boom, maybe when Hollywood starts adapting Manga and Anime, like what has happened to Marvel Comics and their resurgence after all this Capeshit at the cinemas.
>>
Let the crash happen and cut out most of the fat. Eventually anime will reemerge leaner and smarter, driven by skilled people who genuinely love doing it and are willing to do new things rather than copying what everyone else is doing or doing your own take on ideas over-explored.
>>
File: YFe45TU.jpg (583KB, 1320x1600px)
YFe45TU.jpg
583KB, 1320x1600px
It's not. 2013 actually saw industry income grown to 1.5 trilion yen.
>>
>>119067487
>anime boom of the late 90s and early 00s

You don't know what you're talking about, do you?
>>
>>119067722
Aparently the overseas market deflated, and that's about it.

Hopefully we can get assorted Space Dandies to throw new money at them.
>>
>>119067487
>we know the economy of the anime industry has been in freefall since the anime boom of the late 90s and early 00s
[citation needed]
>>
>>119067487
From a business perspective it makes more sense to deliver products people want. The obsessed audience is where sales happen so that's the direction the market will follow.

>This is obviously not sustainable
You're doubting Japan's shit taste way too much.

>So what really can save the anime industry?
What does that even mean? Getting less LN adaptations?
>>
>>119067923
Oversea didn't do too bad, actually, mostly due to three-fold increase of digital licensing revenue (primarily CR).

>fiscal year 2012 to 2013. The total value of all broadcast content, including anime and drama, rose from 10.4 billion yen (about US$86 million) to 13.8 billion yen (about US$114 million).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-06/exports-of-cool-japan-anime-dramas-jump-30-percent/.81849
>>
>anime industry experts
>>
>>119067487
Translation: I don't like anime so I refuse to accept that anybody else can like anime either.

Fuck off OP. You grew up, anime remained for children like it's always been. Deal with it.
>>
>buying shit animes
Otakus should be executed.
>>
File: 1397413906358.gif (1019KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1397413906358.gif
1019KB, 500x281px
>So what really can save the anime industry?
>save the anime industry
>save anime
DON'T LOOSE YOUR WAY~
>>
>>119067722
What's the number of TV animation programs for 2013? anidb gives me 178 for 2006, 149 for 2007, 185 for 2013 and 213 for 2014.
>>
>>119068192
AJA hasn't updated their webpage with new data yet, so we don't know.

http://www.aja.gr.jp/data/index.php

Notice how the anidb number tracks fairly closely to the pink column. The programs missing from anidb are probably ongoing animated programs (like kids shows) that anidb doesn't track.
>>
>>119067487
I'd say they'd start adapting western novels that are centered to fantasy into an anime instead of adapting marvel shit.
>>
>>119068368
Ghibli has done it way before
>>
>>119067487
OP is full of shit, only the toonami crowd and /v/ tier casual who complain about "moeshit" killing the industry say it's dying, anime in the last two years has been doing great.
>>
>>119069064
Their too concerned with their industry legit dying, so they think every industry is dying as well.
>>
Since 2000, more and more anime are getting produced (and money getting generated) but the industry is dying?
Let's be realistic and let's admitting that now anime staff are getting bored of Production Committee and their restrictions so they just say that animation will die.
And generally if an anime sales is pretty bad, the committee had anticipated that scenario and the budjet for the anime is relatively cheap.
>>
>>119069470

This. Hell, I'm king pessimist and even I think anime's in an upswing over the last year or so. About the only thing that is, but it's better than nothing
>>
>>119068104
You are the one who is cancer, just bitching around. Without otaku, you don;t even have your chinese cartoon.
>>
>>119067759
Wouldn't call it a "boom" but anime did a recovery in the 90's when NGE aired.
>>
as long as LN's and manga stay popular the anime industry will stay afloat. anime adaptations are a good way of advertising the source material.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.