[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the greatest yuri series of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: Citrus_Volume_1_front_cover.jpg (88KB, 352x500px) Image search: [Google]
Citrus_Volume_1_front_cover.jpg
88KB, 352x500px
What is the greatest yuri series of all time?
>>
Not that boring unoriginal garbage, that's for sure.
>>
>>119047707
Kannazuki no Miko

>GOAT OP and ED
>giant robots
>foxy ojou-sama
>rape scene
>maid
>catgirls
>space travel to the moon
>time fuckery

It had everything.
>>
I've tried multiple series, but I've only really liked Aoi Hana, even with its rushed ending. Maybe because it felt like a more fleshed out series than just a story about a couple gay girls. Other than that, I stick to 2hu doujins.
>>
>>119047707

Girlfriends.

At least if you ignore than chapter where they fuck their boyfriends.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 446x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 446x330px
Simoun
>>
>>119048072
I don't remember that.
>>
>>119047947

Can you really expect originality in a yuri manga or any novel? I think it's moreso about execution nowadays.
>>
>>119048072

Did you even read it? Neither of them fucked their boyfriends and that's why the guys broke up with them.

Anyways, yeah Girl Friends. Citrus is really fucking good as a whole but is agonizing to wait for and the chapter format makes the developments really annoying. In retrospect, it might end up being the best but there is no way anybody could think so now.
>>
File: 1415497455369.jpg (2MB, 1446x2046px) Image search: [Google]
1415497455369.jpg
2MB, 1446x2046px
Has anyone ever noticed that yuri protagonists never have large breasts?
>>
>>119048230

As much as I support originality, I personally think it's just "maintenance of charm".

Imagine the old lady everyone knows who has watched the same generic soap operas for the last 40 years. There is just some charm that appeals to them, which is all they need.
>>
>>119048301
>Citrus is really fucking good as a whole

It's the manga version of Robot Unicorn Attack, with lesbians instead of robot horses.

All they do is throw totally unrelated out of nowhere obstacles at each other and any semblance of progress between the two leads is reset when the new obstacle arrives.

You could pretty much throw anyone into the deep end in a random chapter with the basic premise and they'd have figured out all there is to know about the series.

Citrus could've been good if every arc was just a random one-shot series. Instead it's lesbian Looney Tunes but they replaced Tex Avery with a soap opera writer.
>>
File: SjYJXiZ.jpg (118KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SjYJXiZ.jpg
118KB, 1920x1080px
>>119048502
>>
>>119048230
>originality
You can expect it inasmuch as you can expect originality from ANYTHING AT ALL. I mean, we've got what, 6000 someodd years of written human culture? When you get down to it basically everything has been "done" many times. But that doesn't mean that each new take can't have original elements or be executed well, and that subtle variations can't matter.

As far as yuri goes I think that it's going through the same sort of curve that everything does. At first there was so little that anything at all was unique, as more and more volume comes out certain ruts emerge but also people pushing the limits or bringing different takes on it, the standard 90/10 rule and so on.

At this point any individual work should just be judged on whether it's enjoyable or not, there's no need to give anything a pass. You can argue there never was I guess but as a practical matter in the 90s/early 00s yurifags had so little that the temptation to where rosegoggles was natural enough. Now though it's just another genre with plenty of variety and that includes lots of complete garbage including transparent pandering and authors who simply suck.
>>
File: r_Fu~Fu-066.png (106KB, 832x1200px) Image search: [Google]
r_Fu~Fu-066.png
106KB, 832x1200px
>>119048502
>Chikane
>Haruka
>Kuroko Koumori
>Yae from Hanjuku Joshi
>half of the SonoHana girls
>Kase-san who can sprint like a motherfucker with ginormous melons strapped to her chest

Yuri offers a variety of body types. It's just that when yuri does large, oftentimes "large" manifests in more reasonable artistic proportions.
>>
>>119047707
Candy☆Boy. Atmospheric and really heartwarming.
>>
>>119048901

WHORE
>>
>>119049023
Nagisa from SP also had a decent rack if I remember right.
>>
>>119048720

Have you reread it at all?

I started it when the first chapter of the Matsuri arc came out. Everything from chapter one up until the end of the Dad arc was absolutely fucking fantastic. Paced great, good character development, great art. Then Matsuri started and I had two months at a time to be pissed off and blue balled between each and every chapter. I thought it had jumped the shark and become shit until I reread that arc when it finished up. Surprise, surprise, it was almost just as good as the first two parts, but with a bit of a drop because it does feel like she's just introducing soap opera plot elements to drag the story. At the end of the arc Mei had some clear character development and it seems like Mei and Yuzu are moving in clear paths. Now with the new arc I'm pissed off again because yet another fucking plot stalling soap opera-esque development has arrived off the train and will keep the two girls from finally fucking. I realize,however, that these new characters will only be used in the end as a means to bring Yuzu and Mei closer together and there will probably be one or to more of these kind of arcs before the story ends. I will hate Saburouta for it now, but love her for it in the end because I have full confidence it will read as well as the first three arcs do.

Citrus will be hailed as a classic when it finishes if it continues to be this good and doesn't go on too long. It does "throw totally unrelated out of nowhere obstacles at each other" a lot, but "any semblance of progress between the two leads is reset when the new obstacle arrives" does not happen. There is development in every chapter and arc, it is just moving slowly because Mei is emotionally stunted. Citrus is good, but only when read and considered as a whole. The serial format and two month gaps really hurt the story.
>>
Can we all agree Citrus is the best yuri story out there?

The artwork is amazing.
>>
>>119049214
The artwork's good but you could probably do a madlibs with /a/, superimpose it into the speech bubbles and make a better story.
>>
>>119047707
Sure as fuck not that one. I don't hate Citrus but it's like bad anime that /a/ has fun with but everyone knows is basically junk food, fun to snack on from time to time but empty and bad for you in large portions. It's the Guilty Crown or Valvrave or whatever of yuri.
>>
File: image.jpg (117KB, 1056x594px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 1056x594px
>>119049214
Simoun is, followed by candy boy.
Trust me, I'm a professor in the field.
>>
Who's ready for gay bears?
>>
>>119049299

I am also in expert in yuri, in that I watched Sakura Trick.

I can assure you Citrus is good.
>>
rip in peace Prism
>>
>>119049214

Not yet, but I'll be fully prepared to accept it as the best when it's finished as long as it doesn't fuck anything up too bad by doing things like NTR Yuzu or fast forwarding to the future and finding out that the girl's are straight but went through a phase. I will also probably consider it going too far if it continues past any already set up future new characters or possible arcs (Harumi's sister, something else with drill hair, something with Harumi, maybe the glasses girl who had like one page).
>>
File: girlfriends.jpg (425KB, 567x1716px) Image search: [Google]
girlfriends.jpg
425KB, 567x1716px
>>119048072

This, it does an admirable job portraying young lesbians coming to terms with their sexuality.
>>
I don't know about all time, but Kase-san is currently my favorite
>>
Sasameki koto
>>
>>119049352
Here's hoping Stretch goes all the way. The teasing is already going off-the-rails
>>
>>119049716
Just finished watching the anime adaption today. I was disappointed that it was incomplete.
The manga was very memorable though
>>
>>119049306
Is this suppose to be impressive?
I do that at least once a day on my way to work.
>>
Schrodinger's yuri ending of Cross Ange
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.