[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scan Groups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: not-lives2.jpg (137KB, 1200x815px) Image search: [Google]
not-lives2.jpg
137KB, 1200x815px
Why are some scan groups so slow?
>manga stats in 2011
>6 volumes have been made to date
>they've only translated the first volume and a half

Wouldn't it be better to just properly drop it and have another group work on it instead?
>>
>another group
Well, just wait another 6 years for someone else to pick it up.
>>
I doubt there even is another group who's willing to picking it up.
>>
File: Bybe2z-CUAErxNJ.jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Bybe2z-CUAErxNJ.jpg
40KB, 600x450px
Oh man, you don't know what you're missing out. It's a shame this manga will never be picked up by someone else. Bento scans is pretty much dead.
>>
Because, rather than developing the necessary skills to help them (like editing), you just whine on /a/.

>have another group work on it instead

There's nothing preventing another group from working on someone else's slow releases.
>>
File: ishikawa3.jpg (18KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
ishikawa3.jpg
18KB, 640x352px
>>118909341
I have no doubts, they left if on a cliff hanger for 6 months because their type setter was being lazy, then they needed another computer after that?
it's not like there aren't people offering the group help either.

>>118909563
>implying I'm not one of those people

lots of groups get edgy like you're stepping on their toes for some damn reason and then comes the bullshit drama internet slap fights.
>>
>>118909659
>lots of groups get edgy like you're stepping on their toes for some damn reason and then comes the bullshit drama internet slap fights.
This is something I don't get. Can't the new group just ignore the old slow group? Why should they give a single fuck about their whining?
>>
>>118910686
Because their hordes of fanboys start attacking them too.
>>
>>118909013
>>118909659
Ask aereus he seems to like it because he has it as his profile image at batoto
>>
>>118911183
Pretty sure he's not a translator.
>>
>>118911525
> live translations every Sunday for boku girl
>not a translator.
what the fuck are you smoking anon
>>
Is this the scanlation thread? Let's make is the scanlation thread.
>>
>>118909013
I'd rather have slow releases than drops, the chances of another group picking something up is slim.

>last release (657d ago)
>>
>>118911649
I don't read boku girl so I wouldn't have known he even browses /a/ considering a lot of people on Batoto don't. Either way now that Bento Scans released a new chapter the chances of someone else picking it up went down even more.
>>
>>118909013
>they even use public raws
>>
>>118911769
Not everyone has someone to scan shit for them, and many don't want to spend money on it.
>>
>>118909013
Are there still no raws for volumes 5 and 6? I've been wanting to translate certain pages from them and post them in OPTs just to fuck with people.
>>
>>118911769

I bet you're the type of person who gets mad when a group asks for donation money to buy books to scan. Scanning shit requires a good scanner and money.
>>
>>118911755
well take a look
https://archive.moe/a/search/subject/boku%20girl/username/Aereus/
He does a great job at translating and boku girl is real good
>>
>>118909013
Groups are slow because they don't give a fuck and translate when they want.
>>
>>118911957
I already did, my second point still stands though.
>>
scanlation groups aren't servant of freeloaders though all shitty series getting scanlated .
>>
File: 1336330018128.jpg (44KB, 251x231px) Image search: [Google]
1336330018128.jpg
44KB, 251x231px
>Group picks up manga I've been waiting years to see scanlated
>Drops it as soon as they post the first chapter
>I can read it, but have nobody to discuss it with
>>
>>118911769
If what you're complaining about is them being slow despite raws being readily available (at least up to volume 4), believe me when I say that those public raws are shit. If I was them I'd be stalling too just because I didn't want to touch them.
>>
>groups that hoard done chapters for months only for the intent of making a "big" release with their 20+ series
>>
>>118912021
Just post raws with summaries of what happens.
>>
>>118912102
Not really much point in that since what I want to discuss is the characters, and you're not really going to get enough information from summaries to discuss them.
>>
>>118912067
But proper raws were[are] available back then, I tought people here were good with google.
>>
File: 001.png (673KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
001.png
673KB, 1024x640px
Hey guys, best scanlation group reporting in.
>>
>>118912243
They're not, I have the only tank scans for this series that have ever been uploading and shared across sites.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.