[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

Psycho Pass 2 for worst sequel of 2014?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 29

File: pp2.png (305KB, 480x495px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pp2.png
305KB, 480x495px
Psycho Pass 2 for worst sequel of 2014?
>>
What other bad sequels have there been this year? I'm drawing blanks here
>>
dammit I was promised fallen lesbian sex
>>
Worst 2nd season since Code Geass
>>
File: 1415302630634.png (618KB, 747x710px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1415302630634.png
618KB, 747x710px
>>118752641
>implying Psycho-Pass 2 was worse anything in 2014 when it had based Kamui in it
>>
>>118752641
Sword art online II says hello
>>
>>118752756
mnemosyne
>>
>>118752790
Kamui was the only thing good about it

first series had better everything else
>>
>>118752840
>first series had better everything else
Nope
>>
>>118752862
it had better characters
better SIBYL
better OP
better sci-fi elements
better social commentary

only thing PP2 had was a better villain
>>
she just needed some good hard lesbian sex and she would've gotten her head on straight
>>
>>118752641
It was shit you know, but it was this kind of bleach shit. And if i can eat Kubos shit weekly my body is ready to eat the PPS3 Shit in two, three years.
>>
Oddly enough it's selling better than Season 1
>>
>>118752746
Mushishi
Hanamonogatari
Free
Utapri
>>
>>118752915
>better villain
>just a copy of Makishima
>>
>>118752641
Imposible since we got SAO II.
>>
>>118753026
except he doesn't derail everything to go into philosophical rants
and he actually caused damage to SIBYL
and he actually made other people beat the system
and he wasn't a nihilistic douchebag (he was a douchebag but he wasn't nihilistic)
>>
File: pp2.jpg (1023KB, 1280x1833px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pp2.jpg
1023KB, 1280x1833px
Psycho Pass 2 is selling better than Psycho Pass 1, despite not having Urobuchi, having less of a budget, having a different animation team, and no Shogo Kogami yaoi bait

It's an odd world
>>
>>118753026
Kamui and Makashima are nothing alike.

>>118752915
>better characters
Debatable
>better SIBYL
No
>better OP
Muh meme OP
>better sci-fi elements
They are the exact same in both seasons
>better social commentary
Yes

Psycho-Pass was still flawed as fuck in itself.

>m-muh oats
>>
>>118752641
The first season or PP was already shit, so there's absolutely nothing notable about the second continuing the trend.
>>
>>118752641
Either it or Monogatari.
>>
>>118753144
>Muh meme OP
This is a weird argument. The OP was a meme because it was catchy. A catchy OP is a good OP. An OP is supposed to get the viewer hyped for the show.
>>
>>118753220
Obviously it didn't do that job well considering PP2 is selling better then it despite not having Urobutcher billed with it.
>>
>>118752746
Chaika if that counts, but I don't think so.
>>
>>118752641
So, which Psycho-Pass OP was the best? Abnormalize, Out of Control, or Enigmatic Feeling?
>>
>>118753026
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rR2iOlSCag

I agree
>>
>>118753267
I don't think it's fair to attribute PP's sales solely to it's OP
>>
File: bait.png (65KB, 625x626px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bait.png
65KB, 625x626px
>>118753011
>Mushishi
>>
>>118753317
All of them were best.
>>
>>118753333
Oh shit, I didn't saw "bad" in his post.
>>
What the fuck kind of stupid ass name is "Kirito Kamui"?
>>
>>118753131
one might argue that people like to be fed shit
>>
see if this had had like maybe a second story arc where the idea of sibyl evolving was developed more than just a casual mention at the end it would have been so much better

also where the fuck was kogami
>>
>>118753144
>Muh meme OP
'CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEL
>>
>>118753388
Especially the Japanese. Just look at Mahouka and SAO II's sales.
>>
>>118753378
its a japanese one fs
>>
>>118752641

I can't say that I agree with the OP - Mika was PP2's only redeeming feature. Not as an admirable figure - she was utterly detestable - but it's been a long time since I've encountered a character that I've truly loved to hate.
>>
>>118753389
>a second story arc where the idea of sibyl evolving was developed more than just a casual mention at the end
This would require the idea to have been thought through, at all.
>>
>>118753428
Mahouka was AOTY though, I'm not sure what your problem is.
>>
>>118753329
I know, which is why I brought up Urobuchi.
>>
>>118753388
>PP2
>shit
pick one
>>
>>118753317
Enigmatic Feeling > Out of Control > Abnormalize

not that any of them were bad of course
>>
>>118753466
My problem is that I have standards and don't take abik moomoos seriously.
>>
>>118753466
Shit taste.

>>118753452
>not Akane being GOAT the entire story
>not Togane
>not Saiga
>not Kamui
Anon pls
>>
>>118752746
Spread WIXOSS
>>
>>118752641
I don't feel like catching them all
>>
So, should I watch PP2?
>>
>>118753504
>>118753507
>I hate fun
Edgemasters please go.
>>
>>118752791
I meant worse as in comparing it to what came before. SAO was shit, is shit, and will always be shit
>>
>I hate that woman
>This show hurts my feeling
>This show is bad
When people like that appear, I know a show is good.
>>
>>118752790
I liked everything about Kamui, his motivation, behaviour, origin story and insanity
>>
>>118753611
>Edgemaster
>Mahouka
>From oniisamafags
Ironic shitposting huh?
>>
>>118753611
Fun is a subjective and personal thing. Everyone's definition of fun ranges in all different shapes and sizes. I had 0 fun watching Mahouka.
>>
>>118753633
Oh man, you're so cool, telling everyone that you're going to watch something because they say it's bad.
>>
>>118753317
Plastic tic tacs > shake me >> feel
>>
>>118753473
Shit is better than PP2.
>>
File: 1415759799096.jpg (62KB, 461x448px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1415759799096.jpg
62KB, 461x448px
>>118753693
>PP2
>shit
>>
>>118753585
you have nothing to lose by watching it
but it realy adds nothing to the story feels kind of half baked and lukewarm
>>
All of dem shitty opinions. I could literally keep copypasting all things wrong with S2, and people would still remain blind. It's sad.
>>
>>118753731
>half baked and lukewarm
So no different from Psycho-Pass season 1 then?
>>
>>118753585
If you don't mind the original setting being fucked up - be my guest.

This sequel is an insult to fandom's intelligence. Not that such a thing existed in the first place, mind you.
>>
>>118753774
Moreso than S1
>>
>>118753774
"hur hur, I'm so smart and have such a good taste, because I hate on S1 too"

Why are you fucking even here?
>>
>>118753816
Less so:

>Saiga being great
>Gino manning up and punching a drone in the face
>Kamui more enjoyable then Makeshima
>Akane taking charge in general

>>118753835
Kill yourself, kuso kun. If you think season 1 isn't heavily flawed as fuck, you are mentally defective shitposter.
>>
File: 1415778817938.gif (319KB, 263x345px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1415778817938.gif
319KB, 263x345px
>>118753835
>Why are you fucking even here?
>Asking people on 4chan why they are shitposting in threads of things they don't like
If I see a thread about turkey sandwiches on here I'll be sure to force my opinion down other people's throats. Fuck turkey sandwiches.
>>
>>118753835
>m-muh Urobuchi
>>
>>118753890
Different opinions ! = shitposting
>>
>>118753908
I don't fucking care about Urobuchi, I just loved the original setting and hate some retard marching in and fucking it up, making his own rules.

My biggest wish would be that the sequel never existed, really.
>>
>>118753835
hes here for the same reasons we're all here
nothing better to do because we're assholes
and because 4chan what are you new here
>>
>>118753663
>>118753648
>muh chinese cartoons are serious business
>>
>>118753956
Everyone needs something to look up to in life.

Why not anime?
>>
>>118753946
You are literally stupid beyond belief if you think there was a difference in setting between PP1 and PP2.

I hope you step on a lego for having such shitty opinions.
>>
>>118753861
I find hard to criticize S1, since it was the original work and all, and I hate S2 based on how it fucks up S1's rules.

What are S1's flaws then?
>>
File: 1345269976021.png (178KB, 1190x906px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1345269976021.png
178KB, 1190x906px
>>118754035
>>
>>118754065
Because collective Psycho-Passes, Lethal Eliminators left and right, evil Enforcers and Season's of Hell were totally a thing in S1, amirite?
>>
>>118753956
I'll have you know that one particular Chinese cartoon from this year took me by my ass and used it as a chew toy, all while taking the word "fun" and beat it to death. Fuck your "fun". Fuck your Oniisama. Fuck your everything. I hate you and everyone who is posting ITT and TT
>>118729887
>>
File: 1418973477215.jpg (34KB, 300x303px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418973477215.jpg
34KB, 300x303px
>this thread
>>
File: Eight Dominators.jpg (212KB, 448x426px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Eight Dominators.jpg
212KB, 448x426px
>>118752790
>>
>>118754110
I'm even wondering which post is more pointless - yours or the one you responded to.
>>
>>118752777
>Worst 2nd season since Code Geass

That's misleading and not saying much, since actually that show's second season was comparatively better and we've seen far worse than it on a regular basis, both before and after the fact. DTB S2, E7 AO, VVV S2, AGE 3RD/FINAL GEN, etc. P-P S2 being worse just adds to the list.
>>
>>118754118
You apparently don't understand what a contradiction isn't. Something that isn't explicitly stated to not happen doesn't mean it explicitly contradicts what "has" happened.

>collective Psycho-Passes
>bad
>>
>>118754148
Not discussing S2 is the key to having an intelligent discussion, it seems.
>>
>>118753861
>Gino manning up and punching a drone in the face
literally the only thing he did all season, he was a non-presence
>Kamui more enjoyable then Makeshima
Take away dumb meme nonsense like >>118752790 (honestly I think people were enjoying the show in their heads more than the one they were watching) and he had next to no character at all. And that's not even bringing up the 184 BODIES bullshit
>>
>>118754200
>he had next to no character at all
>Kamui
Bait harder.
>>
>>118754148
>Nichishit
>>
>>118754193
It's exactly why I hate S2. For shoving this bullshit in and people actually going along with it.
>>
>>118754268
>If I don't like it its bullshit
Nothing contradicts it, get over it you fucking autistic baby.
>>
>>118754200
of course he had character, he had 184 of them actually. None of them were interesting mind you
>>
>>118754159
a pointless comment on the internet, oh the terror
>>
>>118754305
Quantity over quality.
>>
>>118754305
>he actually thinks this
Its funny, since Kamui showed more character in a single episode of a 1-cour series more then Makeshima did in 2-cours for the original one.
>>
>>118754193
So the answer to improve a society as a collective body is to remove all the bad parts. Brilliant, never thought of it. Except that was the point of Sibyl in the first place, except now entire chunks of the population can be judged by Sibyl at once. Given how easy it is to abuse the Psycho Pass of others (simply threatening someone a gun at someone can turn them into a latent criminal no matter how sane they are beforehand) this can't be a good thing
>>
>>118754301
>Nothing contradicts it.
Nothing about any past ~evil conspiracies~ was ever hinted in S1.

Kamui finding a job at a fucking military drone factory, as police psychiatrist and many others, all as fake identities of dead children in a world in which every job needs Sibyl's aptitude assessment.

Not to mention that MWPSB was clearly the one charge of Dominators is S1E12, but now it's Sibyl that's oh-so-bad for not turning Dominators off, even if it was in their fucking best interest, which contradicts S1's reasonable nature of the system.

I could go on and on.
>>
>>118754531
*facility, not factory
>>
>>118754497
That's not what its implied. The goal is to remove Sibyl from judging society, because it will be as flawed as a collective entity as humans are parts that make up society.

>>118754531
You don't know what contradiction means. Sibyl was always in charge of Dominators, see the fucking scene where the Chief hardwires and overwrites her dominator to kill Kagiri near the end of season 1.

And conspiracies were abound with the cover ups with criminally asymptomatic people being integrated into Sibyl's collective consciencesses was springboarded from there.
>>
>>118754531
>reasonable nature of Sibyl system
>season 1
Never implied. Sibyl system in season 1 is constantly portrayed as draconian, unsympathetic, and a symbol of big brother/authoritarian control and dominance.
>>
>>118754675
Never implied? Wasn't it exactly this reasonable side that Akane appealed to, when asking for a locked-in Paralyzer? Wasn't it this reasonable side, that was comparing risk and reward in regards to revealing to Akane and Kagari's death?
>>
>>118754531
>Nothing about any past ~evil conspiracies~ was ever hinted in S1.
con·tra·dic·tion
ˌkäntrəˈdikSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: contradiction; plural noun: contradictions

a combination of statements, ideas, or features of a situation that are opposed to one another.
"the proposed new system suffers from a set of internal contradictions"
a person, thing, or situation in which inconsistent elements are present.
"the paradox of using force to overcome force is a real contradiction"
the statement of a position opposite to one already made.

The Toganes were acting out their own ambitions and goals when Togane's mother was integrated into Sibyl. This isn't contradictory to what was established.

>>118754764
Sibyl under that time was under the guidance of Touma, Makashima's old friend who was the current Chief of the MWPSB. Notice how when Sibyl is shown to have a severe CC itself, it only purges those brains to preserve itself when threatened by Kamui and Akane is watching on.

The system is try to preserve itself, and Sibyl only grudgingly went along with Akane's request. I still wouldn't call it reasonable, just pragmatic when the situation calls for it.
>>
>>118752641
No, Log Horizon was. It ruined a good show. Psycho-Pass 2 on the other hand was a shit sequel to a shit show.
>>
>>118754764
So why was Kagiri executed despite not having a CC to warrant a lethal eliminator mode from the dominator before Touma/Chief executed him anyways?
>>
>>118754935
LH2 is slow and some redesigns are questionable, but it's still far from tragedy.
>>
>>118754935
>>118755003
Is Minori still in the show?
Is she still worse girl?
>>
>>118754982
Killing Kagari was a ruthless, but reasonable decision.

Attempting to get Kogami out of the way to make sure Makishima survives was also reasonable.

Not turning off Shisui's Dominator... name a single reason, aside from stupid one like "they think they're too perfect", because that decision literally just exposes more flaws.
>>
File: 1374089833083.png (63KB, 788x810px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1374089833083.png
63KB, 788x810px
>>118752641
I feel like I'm one of the only people that enjoyed it. It was better than the first half of the first season in my opinion.
>>
>>118755115
Don't worry I think so too
>>
>>118754613
There's a difference between usage authority and literally overriding Dominator to whatever mode you wish.

S1E12 makes it clear that Inspectors can add a person to the Dominator's system, allowing them to use it, since Gino believed Kogami's bluff with a reaction "what are you thinking!?", not "is that possible?".

Now, stripping away Inspector's authority would require Chief to do it, but... here's the trick.

Imagine you're an Inspector and don't know about the true nature of the Sibyl System or about the Chief. You report to her, that an Inspector is aiding a criminal, shot several Enforcers.

It's only natural Chief would at first question validity of the report, but then acknowledge it, and turn Shisui's dominator off. That's how it worked in S1.

So, any other suggestion, other than "the plot needed it"?
>>
>>118755115
I think it's less about enjoying it or not.

I just regret it exists.
>>
>>118755102
>Not turning off Shisui's Dominator...name a single reason
Because Sibyl judged it to be necessary. Just like it judged Kagiri to be necessary to kill.
>>
>>118755243
I suppose it didn't add much to the overall plot, no significant characters died, Akane is in pretty much the same position she was in as the end of S1, but I found it entertaining at least. I'm glad it exists, if only to fill the gap between S1 and the movie.
>>
>>118755267
Necessary for what, exactly?

They disposed of him, to prevent their true form being revealed too early, at the cost of his possible contribution to the society.

I'm not sure how having a rogue Inspector murder their workforce does them any good.
>>
>>118755043
We are getting scrubs soon, but no Minori in the Akatsuki/gold raid arcs.
>>
>>118755383
Sibyl's awareness let Shisui's dominator remain active for their own reasons, and that culminated in them gaining a new dimension of awareness and perception in the end.

So that was probably the endgame goal. Its more of the "ends justify the means" spiel in S2.
>>
>>118753861
>Gino manning up
he manned up offescren in s1, from when his daddy did to when he visited his grave
>Kamui more enjoyable then Makeshima
they waited the last episode to give him any interesting traits
half of /a/ was hoping Togane'd turn out to be final villain
>Akane taking charge
which turned out badly every time
>>
>>118755565
You're repeating your same shitty post from earlier, ad naseum.
>>
>>118755458
>So that was probably the endgame goal.
Save for the part where they tried to stop him at every turn?
If that was the endgame goal, sending a Kasei with a dominator in the brains aprtment would've been better.
>>
>>118755565
> he diagrees with me
> must be samefag
that's my first post in this thread
>>
>>118755758
was meant to quote >>118755702
>>
>>118755714
Like I said, Sibyl had its own reasons and justifications for doing this. The fact Kamui could also overwrite and hardwire dominators with his own skills also makes this even more difficult to implement.

Its not like Sibyl even always tells Inspectors or the rest of MWPSB the full story at times. Both in season 1 and season 2 its held back critical information from Division 1 and Division 2 Inspectors.
>>
File: 1401771711481.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1401771711481.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>118753533
it was good

PP2 was good too
>>
>>118755758
>>118755792
>exact same posting style
>exact same shitty grammar
>exact same "arguments"
Sure thing samefag kun
>>
>>118755814
>Sibyl had its own reasons and justifications for doing this.
None were shown nor implied so as far as the viewer is concerned, there were none.
And since they were actively supporting someone that was threatening the thing that is most important for the Sibyl system, they better be some fucking good reasons.
>>118755842
>exact same "arguments"
That's wrong.
>>
>>118756017
>None were shown nor implied as far as the viewer is concerned.
That's your problem. Direct exposition is not always needed to be carried out blatantly for the viewer's benefit. It impedes and ruins a story by clumsy displaying motivation or need for a catalyst happening in the story.
>Actively supporting someone that was threatening the thing that is most important for the Sibyl system
A person which Sibyl can not detect or recognize until the very end. Kamui is the antithesis to Sibyl and its polar opposite, it does not know how to deal with him.

So it let things play out until it could evolve to recognize its own and Kamui's faults. That's a good enough reason for me.
>>
>>118756017
>That's wrong.
Nope.
>>
>>118756223
>That's your problem. Direct exposition is not always needed to be carried out blatantly for the viewer's benefit. It impedes and ruins a story by clumsy displaying motivation or need for a catalyst happening in the story.
Characters acting without a motivation is just bad writing.
As was already said, if their objective was gaining the mass-CC thing (which they didn't really want until Kirito was about to get killed) there were far more effective methods of gaining it, like having anyone who didn't have a huge revenge boner against Sibyl and access to explosives in the brain apartments with a dominator.
>>118756260
If you're implying burden of proof lies on me for saying you're wrong, then you're wrong again.
>>
>>118756223
> characters don't need to show they act for a reason
> the reader/viewer must make up their reason!
please never write anything ever
>>
>Psycho Pass 2 for worst sequel of 2014?

Even Psycho Pass 1 wasn't good.
It was just an anime for edgy teenagers, like Mirai Nikki or Death Note.
>>
> people discussing s2
> people replying to fanfic-kun
fuck this, it's christmas
>>
>>118752641
What was bad about it?
I never watched it.
>>
Enigmatic Feeling is a really terrible OP. Also the OP itself is clusterfuck.
>>
>>118756565
Happy Christmas, anon
>>
Tied with build babbies tryhard.
>>
File: sugo.png (216KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sugo.png
216KB, 1024x685px
>>118756638
happy christmas to you too, anon
have a Sugo
>>
>>118756857
> kills best girl
> still manages to be likeable by the end
How does he do it?
>>
>>118756857
>you will never use Teppai's guilt over Aoyanagi to take advantage of him sexually
why even live?
>>
>>118757219
It's the voice. He has the best voice in the goddamn show.
>>
File: 47072807_p5.jpg (289KB, 500x1176px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
47072807_p5.jpg
289KB, 500x1176px
>>118757280
there's a doujin of Gino doing that o pixiv
>>
>>118752641
>>
>>118756416
That's not what he said.
>>
>>118757406
it's either that or he said characters don't need reasons for actions
which is worse
>>
File: 1356083285739.jpg (84KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1356083285739.jpg
84KB, 640x480px
>>118757356
more please
>>
>>118757461
Hamfisting clumsy exposition is shit tier writing. You learn this in high school.

And work on your reading comprehension either way.
>>
>>118757527
a good writer wouldn't need to hamfist anything
it's why the season started dropping in qality once we started getting told what were the various villains' reasons
>>
File: sugo teppei.png (450KB, 940x1021px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sugo teppei.png
450KB, 940x1021px
>>118757219
Sugo: getting character development one inspector at a time
>>
there's going to be a live even on niconico
it's going to feature Tow talking about s2
http://psycho-pass.com/news/event/172/

of course it's region locked
>>
>>118756565
>no shogo
why.jpeg
>>
>>118756565
Season 2 is canon where you like it or not.
>>
>>118758530
cops only
no idea what the fuck is Shisui doing there
>>118759084
sure, doesn't mean threads don't always turn to shit whenever people actually discuss it
>>
>>118759133
You haven't been in the threads for the original series then, because your newfag is showing.
>>
>>118759157
well yeah, i only watched pp1 half a season before pp2
i was avoiding it because i hate Urobuchi shit
funny how that turned out
>>
>>118753144
kill yourself
>>
I personally found PPS2 to be tolerable. Kamui is god, Kogami wasn't there to ride kamui's dick to the bank, and compared to SAOII, everything this season was amazing.
>>
>>118752641
>>118753271

Chaika S2 had none of the magic that S1 had IMO.
That and the final episode was so rushed, the customer had to send it back and the manager had to comp it because it wasn't cooked thoroughly.
>>
Sibyl in season 1 was supposed to be the ultimate expression of utilitarianism. The greatest amount of happiness for the greatest number of people. And if that meant individuals got screwed in a manner we would find unfair, then tough. This was expressed with the composition of the system being criminal brains. By the rules of justice and morality, they should have been isolated or executed. But because they were the best suited to work the Sibyl system, from a utilitarian perspective they should be used. But in Season 2, now Sibyl decides it needs to be judged, and wipes out a bunch of brains, thus reducing the capability of the system for no gain other than some sense of justice. It's never explained what caused this shift in behavior. Nor is explained (unless she just knew that only a fraction of brains would be killed) why Akane, who has been established to dislike the nature of the Sibyl system but doesn't want it simply to be destroyed, would go along with this plan. Nor is it clear why, even assuming most of the brains were never criminals, given their past collective actions why they weren't all (or at least a majority) found wanting.
>>
>>118753131

>Psycho Pass 2 is selling better than Psycho Pass 1

What? Fuck no it isn't. It sold around 3k. 3K! Season one sold 10k
>>
>>118754186
Don't forget Aldnoah.Zero
>>
>>118762005
>It's never explained what caused this shift in behavior.
Wasn't there a discussion on the flaws of the system that was extensively shown in the show. Are you even paying attention or are you insisting on putting your head canon there?
>>
In S1 we're told Japan has become a stagnant society. Everyone is so accepting of the Sibyl system that for example the study of history had waned. Because nobody cares about looking to the past for lessons for the future, when the present has already achieved the "ideal" that human society can reach and there's no improvement.

In S2 we're told people actually did draw from the past (from Jeremy Bentham's ideas) for inspiration for the future, and rather than accepting Sibyl as the ultimate achievement, tried to replace it. And this was stopped by your cliched assortment of a evil rich people conspiracy.
>>
>>118762311
The only flaw a collective Psycho Pass solves was the inability to scan Kamui, a one off science experiment. Nor was it necessary even with that to take the subsequent judgement of Sibyl itself and try to solve it by killing brains to lower CC. Sibyl has already shown it will make value judgements outsides of CC when it decided to kill Kagari to save its secret, it can just as easily decide not to kill parts of itself in the name of preserving its judgement.
>>
>>118752641
Why did the brains have a high psycho pass if they are criminally asymptomatic?
>>
>>118762571
either they stop being CA when Sibyl gets more brains or it was collective CC magic
>>
>>118762571
I don't think that was explained, but the only reason I can think of is that their CC rose as they assumed the role of Kasei and did things that went against the system as a whole. Although that shouldn't happen because from S1, we know they vote/decide on things together, so that shit that Togane's mom pulled off must with the accordance of the other brains.
>>
>>118762441
That judgement to end Kagiri wasn't made by Sibyl, but rather Touma/Chief, who overwrote Sibyl's control of the dominator to kill him when it intended to paralyze him since his CC was low.

Sibyl by its own admission is flawed.
>>
>>118762842
>That judgement to end Kagiri wasn't made by Sibyl, but rather Touma/Chief, who overwrote Sibyl's control of the dominator to kill him when it intended to paralyze him since his CC was low.

When Akane confronts Sibyl about Kagari's death, they don't say "oh that was just Touma's fault" (who would make a pretty good scapegoat since he was dead) but defend it as a necessary choice to preserve the system. And of course the next brain put into Kasei tries to do the exact same thing with Kogami.

>Sibyl by its own admission is flawed.
That's my whole point. Therefore they shouldn't really care if their "collective' CC is high if the end result is them producing better judgements.
>>
>>118762441
I don't understand why they couldn't just BS it and say he had a psycho-pass of 134325235. Unless they're bound by some computer autism to stay internally consistent.
>>
>>118763257
they didn't do the same with Shoego
could've just given him a 100
>>
>>118763257
>Unless they're bound by some computer autism to stay internally consistent.
They broke that rule with Kagari, Kogami, and Makishima.
>>
>>118763329
>>118763335
To be fair, it seemed like they were planning to do that until Akane convinced them not to. But I still don't get why they had to "judge themselves" to judge him at all.
>>
If Togane was working with his mom the whole time, why didn't he ignore Akane and shoot Kamui at the dock?
>>
>>118763485
I just don't understand the concept of a "collective" psycho pass, especially one where they can instantly tell which individuals are causing the high CC, which makes me wonder why they couldn't just judge those individual parts in the first place and skip the need for a group score.
>>
Gino > Akane > Aoyanagi > Saiga = Sugo > Togane = Kirito = Yayoi > Sho > Shisui > Mika > Togane mom > Akane's Kogami tulpa
>>
Can we just agree that while Sibyl has some flaws it is at least better than anything else from past systems?
>>
>>118763772
inb4 "muh freedom" anon
>>
>>118763772
I wouldn't accept that in Season 1. In Season 2, where getting a Dominator pointed at you or seeing someone else getting shot with one turns you into a latent criminal? It become a contest of finding a worse system.
>>
>>118752641
Not worse. But not as good. It felt underwhelming and seemingly accomplished nothing other than killing off characters we hardly knew much about throughout the series. Plus, the finale sucked. Akane shooting out the tires of the truck she was riding and Kogami chasing Makishima through the wheat field is incredibly memorable to me. Meanwhile, we were fed mostly backstory of Kamui rather than personality which made me not care too much about his death in the end. And Togane's freakout was more funny than shocking. I still liked it
>>
>>118763964
>characters we hardly knew much about
at least they gave her a "THIS IS MY CHARACTER PLEASE CARE ABOUT ME" scene 1 episode prior

i guess that's what you have to do when you have 11 episodes

then again, if you have time restraints, why waste time on pointless shock value when you have hungry chicken coming up in 2 episodes?
>>
>>118762441
Kamui became scannable when group scanning became allowed. Were you even paying attention at all?
>>
>>118763630
I don't think they thought it through, to judge a collective, they need to judge each individual. If Kamui is composed of many people, it should read many CCs instead of no CC. It's like pointing the dominator at a group of people.

I doubt we'll see Sibyl judging a whole group of people, it defeats the purpose of having inspectors/enforcers as the eyes of the system.
>>
>>118764531
>Kamui became scannable when group scanning became allowed. Were you even paying attention at all?
How exactly do you think this contradicts what I said at all?
>>
Why was Kamui able to shoot Momma Togane? Shouldn't she be CA?
>inb4 "muh Sibyl group CC"
Brains playing inside Kasei are separated from Sibyl. This was stated in Season 1, when Kasei plugs into her chair, learns Sibyl has decided to tell Akane the truth, and says she won't understand the decision until she's in a jar again.
>>
>>118764547
You seem to be missing the point. Akane dared it to solve the omnipotence paradox and thusly made it possible to judge Sybil itself.

>Nor was it necessary even with that to take the subsequent judgement of Sibyl itself and try to solve it by killing brains to lower CC.

Kamui was the setup to make Sibyl a judgeable entity.
>>
>>118764697
Something about Kamui must've triggered her.
>>
>>118764719
So you completely ignored the part where I said there's no reason Sibyl couldn't make itself judgable, and then never act on the judgement, which would completely fit with their previous behavior of value judgements.
>>
File: heh.jpg (39KB, 307x299px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
heh.jpg
39KB, 307x299px
>>118764719
>the omnipotence paradox
>>
>>118764867
Nice greentext.

>>118764819
>So you completely ignored the part where I said there's no reason Sibyl couldn't make itself judgable

Wanting to be the perfect judging machine is a reason for it to want to make itself judgeable.
>>
>>118764918
oh come on, you can't have taken the whole "omnipotence paradox" thing seriously
that was Umineko-tier retarded
>>
>>118764918
Just keep ignoring the part where I said making itself judgeable, and doing anything about it, are two separate things.
>>
>>118764965
>oh come on, you can't have taken the whole "omnipotence paradox" thing seriously
>There's no reason
>Except this reason that I'm going to ignore and make fun of because I can't refute it
>>
>>118764918
>perfect
Using that word is just going to make people point out S1 Sibyl's stance on perfection.
>>
>>118764918
>Wanting to be the perfect judging machine is a reason for it to want to make itself judgeable.
Except by killing off a bunch of brains its judgement is now worse.
>>
>>118764981
>making itself judgeable, and doing anything about it
Why shouldn't it do anything about it if it's going to make it evolve, in its eyes?
>>
>>118765020
>getting rid of compromised brains
>making it worse
You have no concept of perfection. It means getting rid of flaws.
>>
>>118765015
i sincerely lost you

look, it simply wasn't an omnipotence paradox
i'm not even following the argument, just found it funny people still used that term for something that different
>>
>>118765019
>S1 Sibyl's stance on perfection.
Surely you can come up with a screencap instead of specula to showcase this fact, right?
>>
>>118765112
>look, it simply wasn't an omnipotence paradox
It's in the show. Watch it again before posting here.
>>
>>118752746
Build Fighters Try.
>>
>>118765062
Because as I already said, Sibyl is a pragmatic entity. Those brains may give it a high CC, but the cost of "administering justice' to them is the loss of their judgement. The whole reason behind putting some awful criminals in Sibyl in the first place is that their contributions to the system outweigh their own crimes.
>>
File: tfygjh.png (402KB, 704x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tfygjh.png
402KB, 704x400px
>>118752777

I cry everytime
>>
>>118765184
>It's in the show
just like whateveritwas' crow was in Umineko
god paradox doesn't work like Akane thinks it does, no matter how many shitty CG scenes you put in
>>
>>118765151
When Sibyl literally says just trying to make itself more and more complex will never achieve perfection. And then boom, what do we have this season? A complex "group" addition.
>>
>>118765100
Brains that cause a high collective CC are the ones Sibyl added because they were needed. CAs that had committed crimes and were caught and added don't "compromise" the system, they're the entire point of the system.
>>
>>118765151
It as something along the lines of "we're not perfect"and "we're never going to be perfect"
Not going to screencap this because fuck you, everybody knows they said it.
>>
>>118765184
There is no "paradox." Sibyl can judge itself and give a good judgement, judge itself and give a bad judgement, or be incapable of judging itself. Those are the options, there is no paradox present, and certainly not the specific omnipotence paradox.
>>
File: 1410731525003.jpg (20KB, 347x316px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1410731525003.jpg
20KB, 347x316px
Why Sybil didn't disabled the dominators Kamui got or claimed the rights from the original users?
>>
>>118765184
> i don't know what a paradox is so i'll just blindly believe what the show tells me!
Oh, anon.
>>
>>118765464
Because not letting Kamui use the dominators would be acknowledging that they fucked up in letting him get the dominators in the first place.
>>
>>118765499
This idea that Sibyl will never admit any mistake is bullshit.
>>
>>118765499
>acknowledging
To whom?
Themselves?
Div1?
>>
>>118752915
Kamui is a lesser carbon copy of Shogo, albeit more amiable.
>>
>>118765542
>>118765513
I didn't say it was a smart explanation, it's just the one that they show provided.
>>
>>118765373
So no screencap? Also, what makes Sybil not want to be perfect in any case? Seems to me this is a huge case of headcanon specula going on in this thread.
>>
File: you wa shock.jpg (52KB, 400x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
you wa shock.jpg
52KB, 400x400px
>>118765569
holy shit
>>
File: gino sandwich.jpg (370KB, 2149x1829px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gino sandwich.jpg
370KB, 2149x1829px
Not enough Gino appreciation in this thread.
>>
File: 1367326502710.jpg (293KB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1367326502710.jpg
293KB, 2880x2160px
>>118765787
I accept your concession. Sorry your headcanon was proven false.
Thread posts: 213
Thread images: 29


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.