[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rossiu did nothing wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 30

File: Rossiu.jpg (23KB, 351x350px) Image search: [Google]
Rossiu.jpg
23KB, 351x350px
Rossiu did nothing wrong
>>
More like he did everything right.
>>
>>118721425
I kept expecting him to become the villain.
>>
File: 1_2.jpg (135KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1_2.jpg
135KB, 1280x1600px
>>118721425
>>
>>118721584
Kuvira took her tyranny a lot farther than Rossiu. She also didn't feel any remorse.
>>
>>118721584
Too bad LOK sucks.
>>
File: 1336507704189.jpg (24KB, 479x361px) Image search: [Google]
1336507704189.jpg
24KB, 479x361px
>>118721425
He arrested Simon, said fuck it to all the people on the surface for the sake of animals and worst of all he incited the destruction of the Kamina statue! Rossiu needed, and still needs, to go fuck himself with the all the diseased cocks he can find and proceed to kill himself.
Fuck him, and praise the guy who threw a rock at him!
>>
>>118721916
>He arrested Simon

Which was necessary to stop the riots. He also deeply regretted it as you learn later on in the series.

>said fuck it to all the people on the surface for the sake of animals

You need food to eat in space for a year.

> he incited the destruction of the Kamina statue

That was held out by the rioters, not Rossiu
>>
>>118721916
Rossiu was acting for the greater good of humanity. he knew he could save everybody.
Rossiu was the only realist in that whole show

Based rossiu
>>
Rossiu would be correct in almost any other universe, but he was unfortunate enough to be in a universe where willpower=actual fucking energy.
>>
>>118722064
To all three I have one answer. He was incompetent. He said the animals because it was to "preserve all life". Fuck animals people come first dammit. He arrested Simon, gave him a bullshit trial and sent him to prison just so he can be Mr. Imma gonna do shit. When he not only did fuck nothing but also dismantled the majority of weapons that were effect against the Anti-Spiral. Yeah real neccessary move dipshit. Finally the Kamina statue. Rossiu at this point was the head of the military and could have sent forces to at least calm down the rioters but no. Instead he was a little wannabe savior who couldn't even whip his own ass for fear it might make him feel bad.
>>
>>118722239
>>Implying if you were in power you wouldn't pass the blame
>>
>>118721894
>sucks
>every ep had badass bending fights
>>
Rossiu fucks dolphins.
>>
My biggest issue with rossiu was that he backtracked on the ideals and hopes that got them to that point in the first place. He literally got carried out from the dirt and did nothing but look down on the people that saved him. He backtracked on what made humanity so prestigious because he was scared. He bitched out and showed the dangers of stagnating your potential just like his leader back when he was a kid. Instead of innovating, he proclaimed earth's situation as hopeless and essentially gave up. People say that what he did was hard but i think it's easy to set a limit on yourself and pass it off as "impossible".
>>
Rossiu had some issues, man
>>
The entire point of Rossiu's character was that he was wrong. He's supposed to be an echo of his former village leader who did the same thing; he got so wrapped up in the idea of policy and taking a utilitarian approach that he does more harm than good. As a kid it's what he rebelled against, but then he got complacent and became what he initially hated.

Rossiu's arc is one about redemption, but the WHOLE POINT is that he was super duper wrong.
>>
>>118722943
But according to my autism he picked the most logical choice every time
>>
>>118723171
Well your autism is wrong.
>>
>>118723274

But not as wrong as Rossiu
>>
Yoko is worst girl though.
at least we can all agree on that
>>
>trying to execute the MC due to mob mentality

yeah no
>>
>>118721425
He's the face of trying to everything wrong.
>>
>>118723946
Are you trying to trigger me
>>
>>118723274
You've watched too much shounen. I bet you think friends are reliable.
>>
File: 125215124123.jpg (7KB, 167x144px) Image search: [Google]
125215124123.jpg
7KB, 167x144px
>>118726592
no, he's trying to gainax you.
>>
hated this faggot
>>
>>118723171
I don't care how autistic you are, you don't execute the only guy who can control a superweapon.
>>
Didn't know there's a Xenogear anime
>>
>>118726890
That makes perfect sense if only one guy in the world could launch nukes it makes sense to kill him.
>>
>>
>>118727323
>>118726807
>>
Dude, what is up with all these shows that shit on logical characters? You see this shit in films, books, video games, and anime.

Does society hate smart people or something?
>>
>>118727419
Dying for the emperor in some unnamed pillbox is illogical but the people of Japan saw it as better than making the logical choice of surrendering to the Americans.
>>
>>118727419
Dunno. It's either shitting on logical characters or making them super pompous like in Sherlock or alternatively making them super quirky and eccentric
>>
>>118721425
Except for the trial thing. He didn't. The viewer is just too biased
>>
>>118727512
Either choice would have just ended up bad for the Nips so it was either die for honor or live the rest of your life as a prisoner by the joke of a trial by the "heroes".

>>118727596
The thing is society always portrays them as evil and/or incompetent and always the fallacy of dude ya just don't get people. That's what I realize while watching Psycho Pass the logical characters knew better than the populace and that was a good thing because it lead to a prosperous society even if the rulers were a bunch of brains.
>>
>>118727419

There have been anti-intelligentsia undercurrents for years. We seem to distrust people who are articulate, knowledgeable or skillful, and either diminish their accomplishments or dismiss them as unimportant.
>>
>>118727736
Is there a reason for that?
>>
File: 1317256016492.jpg (274KB, 1005x247px) Image search: [Google]
1317256016492.jpg
274KB, 1005x247px
Daily reminder.
>>
>>118727818
They are better than me and I don't like that
>>
File: 1308387766555.jpg (141KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1308387766555.jpg
141KB, 400x400px
>>
>>118727857
Is that really it? I mean, then there would be no reason for parents to sent their kids to school.
>>
>>118727162
It's more akin to killing the only guy that can launch nukes in your country when other countries are poised to launch nukes at you.
>>
File: 1386115755551.jpg (16KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1386115755551.jpg
16KB, 255x255px
>>118727891
Simon didn't die a virgin

he just turned into a crazy hobo
>>
>>118727818

Part of it can be blamed on the rise of the Internet. In the 2000's Internet usage became ubiquitous. Blogging, social media and more recently clickbait articles have flooded us with yellow journalism and worse of all, traditional news sources are quick to join in.

Another problem is that Internet is very segmented and accommodating of echo chambers. Look at the way truthers, 9/11 conspiracy theorists, guns rights advocates and dozens of other causes generate and proliferate their framework. It's not just data that get's conveyed through the Internet, we are also indoctrinated into beliefs. If you've argued with one person you'll sort of argued with them all, you can almost see the flowchart of arguments they've developed and taught each other.

This has taught people that they should distrust authority figures or anyone who purports to be an authority on a subject that isn't immediately self-evident. The problem is that although we should remain skeptical, some issues are not simple and can't really be understood unless you've put in dedicated study and have a solid background. Instead, when confronted with complexity we assume that someone is being deceitful and look for an easy, bite-sized answer.
>>
File: 1323458089569.jpg (2MB, 975x3539px) Image search: [Google]
1323458089569.jpg
2MB, 975x3539px
>Episode 19 related
>>
>>118727891
>noobs
>>
>>118721524
I was hopping for him to become the villain
>>
I want Gurren Lagann to be airing on TV at all times. Two channels, one dub, the other sub.
After each time the series is finished the movies will play THEN MAYBE THEYLL GET FUCKING DUBBED
>>
File: 1308387702962.jpg (65KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
1308387702962.jpg
65KB, 668x712px
>>118728292
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
File: jEF4R0q.gif (1018KB, 500x728px) Image search: [Google]
jEF4R0q.gif
1018KB, 500x728px
>>118728394
Good times...
>>
>>118728292
There's literally nowhere to go but down after saving the entire universe.
>>
>>118728495
Are you 12?
>>
>>118727929
most art movements after romanticism are pretty much "emotion is the only thing that matters". Logical stuff was seen as it belongs to science and shit, not art.
>>
>>118728522

that's one old as fuck mole

and it still looks like a boss
>>
File: MlUR5gy.gif (2MB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
MlUR5gy.gif
2MB, 500x277px
>>118728522
The one who really got screwed was Yoko

>had potential to fuck the greatest man in existence
>he dies the day before
>had potential to fuck sloppy seconds
>he dies immediately after
>thought about fucking simon
>he had Nia
>is now old as dirt and teaching elementary school
>will die without a blaze of glory and still a virgin
>>
I never watched anything else besides the series. Should I bother with the movies?
>>
File: 74cRfCqh.jpg (146KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
74cRfCqh.jpg
146KB, 1024x576px
Gurren Lagann is deeper than Evangalion.
This is fact.
>>
>>118728357

Another problem is the rise in college attendance. Children were taught at a young age that they should study hard and go to college so they don't have to perform manual labor as though it is something to be ashamed of. Consequently we have a large pool of college educated young adults entering the work force that can't employ all of them, particularly with the economic downturn.

Employers are faced with a deluge of applications from people with degrees but little or no practical experience or even work experience of any kind. Some are unable to perform their duties when employed with has lead to a perception of well educated idiots.

Some of the graduates are disillusioned because the security and freedom from manual labor they feel they were promised was a lie and they find themselves in debt and trapped in a job they were told was beneath them. Thus their belief that college was a scam.

For others who entered the work force without going to college, it is a feeling of mean-spirited vindication. They find themselves financially and professionally ahead of the majority of their peers because they have had years to establish themselves. In some cases they may have seniority or authority over their college attending peers. In some cases they may have faced social discrimination for not attending college with their peers so this reversal is both vindication and in fact proof of their superiority because they didn't waste their time/money with "that college nonsense."
>>
File: 1378687572127.jpg (706KB, 1920x1267px) Image search: [Google]
1378687572127.jpg
706KB, 1920x1267px
It's not a perfect show. It's not artsy or deep, and it doesn't have any powerful themes. Yet in the way raw energy saved mankind, this show has made it to the top of my list by that same virtue. I fucking love TTGL
>>
>>118728721
>Doesn't have any powerful themes

What is believing in oneself?
>>
File: WQKU8Wj.jpg (23KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
WQKU8Wj.jpg
23KB, 600x480px
>>118728721
>it's not artsy or deep
I disagree and I'll use the excuse that I am on a mobile phone to not tell you why.
>>
>>118728688
Not as deep as my dick in your mom.
>>
Kamina is an excellent example of character writing if you ask me. Why did you feel bad when he died? Why did you make such a big deal out of his death?

Because a character is written to connect with the audience in one way or another. Kamina was the hopeful, headstrong fool in all of us. He was courageous and I think made up for what a lot of the audience lacked in manliness.

That's why we cared about his death. You can sum up all of these things by just saying "yeah he was AWESOME" but subliminally, our brain was empathizing and connecting with him.

Good stuff. I love how the plot and thematic elements are just solid throughout. Everything, all the buildup and character arcs are tight and well developed.
>>
>>118728867
>Why did you feel bad when he died?
He was an annoying character that would've made the series insufferable had he been alive through it all. Kittan and (older) Simon filled his 75% of his role, which was enough of a reduction to remind me how annoying Nia was.
>>
>>118728867
I guess it's because he was written as the main character archtype- you know, hotblooded, passionate and never giving up, he was a good brother, and he was always there for everyone-

And then he dies.

It literally left a hole in everyone, and the story was better for it, because it made his passing also a cornerstone of another character's growth- the passing of the torch.

It's something unique in anime we wont see again.
>>
>>118729089
Well, it doesn't work on everyone.
>>
>>118729133
Bullshit. Anything trying to tell any semblence of story will adhere to some form of story writing. Symbolism, metaphors, etc
>>
>>118728649
>is now old as dirt and teaching elementary school
>will die without a blaze of glory and still a virgin
kek
>>
>>118728867
Another detail I've always thought about is why Simon managed to win against the Antispiral.
Humanity is just like the other Spiral races, they all had someone who had immense spiral power and got as far as Team Dai Gurren but they all were crushed eventually.
They all had Laganns, as well so it couldn't have been the mech.

When the Antispiral put them in that alternate dimension thing there was no hope, even Buta and Lorgenome's last effort was worthless.
This was the Antispiral's trump card. It gave them an alternative reality, for better Viral or for worse SimonNo Spiral race had escaped it before, even the countless that got so far.

However, humanity had one outlier, one extraordinary factor that allowed them to do the impossible.
It was a man. It was Kamina. He rescued them from their stasis and allowed them to make a choice to stay or go.
The other races may have had similar people, but they weren't Kamina. Even humanity had a close replica of Kamina, the one guy that charged into the forcefield and died immediately (this scene also shows something else important to developing all the characters in the show). However they weren't Kamina, who defied death and was the true hero of all spiral races.

Fuck typing on a cellphone holy shit
>>
>>118728694

In short, we have a population that has largely been taught that education and by extension intelligence, science, and logic are wrong, flawed, or an outright lie. Movies, TV and other media began to reflect these beliefs because by adopting those values they resonate with their audience.
>>
Anti Spiral did nothing wrong.
>>
>>118729254
Which is sort of unusual, all things considered.For some reason in american and european culture, it seems that the 'Knowledge'-type archtype characters, be it the "Sorcerer", 'Wizard', "Warlocks", "Scientists"- they're always in the wrong, or the evil crazy ones, going too far. There's this odd glorification of fighters and fighting men using only wits and muscles to fight againts the plans and machinations of wiser men, and for some reason, it's almost like these stories are written to villify intellectuals and people of culture and knowledge, always implying that they're wrong, or are doomed to be corrupted or ARE corrupted, and it's the FIGHTING MEN who are going to take him down.

There's something odd about that.

"OH, we have to make sacrifices, and do all this necessary evil, because the math and numbers dont add up!"

"NO, YOU'RE WRONG, AND SO IS YOUR MATH AND SCIENCE/MAGIC!"

That seems to be waaay too common for my tastes.
>>
At first I thought this shit was over hyped, but then I watched it and I BELIEVED
Literally out of my seat at one point, fist in the air with happiness and excitement.
>>
>>118728357
>>118728694
That's a shame, because a lot of authority figures can be smart.

>>118728570
Guess I was born in the wrong place at the wrong time, because even though society would label me as an autistic I couldn't ever bring myself down to "normal" people levels after reading up on history like what happened to Haiti after the blacks overthrew their slave owners because they wanted "freedom" and the appeal to emotions, and then seeing the shithole of what Haiti has become today.
>>
>>118722198
This
>>
>>118729252
>was the true hero of all spiral races

Lets not get carried away here. Simon was most definitely the hero that the spiral races needed. Kamina confesses that himself.
>>
>>118729395
But the working man is more numerous than the science type so you probably get more money glorifying the bald space marine than the sickly scientist
>>
>>118728867
I knew he was going to die because you know
>Mentor
>Surviving
What got me was how early he died I thought he would go out at near the second half
>>
>>118729395
It's strange though, don't these same anti intellects realize that they're enjoying the comforts of modern society in thanks to the intellects that they despise so much in the first place?
>>
>>118729395
Thats because to lead the people, you need power
And power corrupts.

A warrior may be stronger than a scientist, but he holds little power compared to one. A warrior need only focus on the battle, leaving him free to be human in other things. Being a leader requires intellect, logic, and wisdom; along with the role being stuck with you. People look up to you AND blame you for everything.

Remember the two roles of a leader:
>lead the people
>get blamed for everything
>>
>>118729637
For sure, I always find it funny in stories where they're like "WIZARD MAGIC MAN IS EVIL" and his plans are evil!

And the good guy is like using a sword crafted by a wizard/sorcerer or something.

Why is it that the badguy seems to always be this intellectual evil dude? I mean, fuck, the simplest of things is Superman.

Superman, a hardworking foreigner with a lot of talent just fighting for the common man, and Lex Luthor, a brilliant genius using science...for himself and he is totally evil and always hating on Superman's natural talents, because he cant have them.

See where I'm going?

It's less common in anime, but at the same time, it happens a lot. Genius scientist character WENT TOO FAR THE DEEP END! OH NOES!
>>
>>118729525
>sickly scientist
unless he's also physical then he's a villain
>>
>>118729395

I can't speak to European culture but in America we have a tradition of romanticizing the blue-collar working Joe hero. A conspicuous example of this is the Marlboro Man. He is held out as the American ideal of what a man should be: masculine, confident, and self-reliant. The funny thing is that the ads completely bombed in South Korea because South Koreans don't have the same heritage and can't identify with the Marlboro Man, to them identifying with a cowboy is like an American identifying with a garbage man. The Marlboro Man ads picked up when it was recast so the Marlboro Man was a ranch owner rather than a hired hand because that is the sort of ideal South Koreans could identify with.
>>
>>118729498
Hey, Lord Genome was a fucking hero too. If he wasn't for his sacrifice, not only the rest of them would have been wiped out from existence, they couldn't have "become one with the energy" as the Anti-Spirals themselves said, which was the final powerup they needed.
>>
>>118729751
yeah, in this type of stories the villain is just a guy using machiavellic ways to achieve something. But this is completely evil because muh feelings
>>
>>118729787
For some reason, now I want to see american ads on TV about "Garbage Man", a genuine, blue collar working man. Muscled, confident, and self reliant.

Would it sell?
I mean, he's the same as a cowboy, right? Cowboys made NO money, they barely made money since they were just cattle herders, and farm hands. They were completely dependent on the farmer, who owned the land.

It's the same thing!
>>
File: ROW ROW.jpg (119KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ROW ROW.jpg
119KB, 1920x1080px
>>118729797
My nigger.
>>
>>118729908
>For some reason, now I want to see american ads on TV about "Garbage Man", a genuine, blue collar working man. Muscled, confident, and self reliant.

>Would it sell?

Yes.

You ever heard of "Joe Plumber"? He was used as part of a political speech and a call back to this very mindset.
>>
File: ironstaunch lives.jpg (54KB, 700x793px) Image search: [Google]
ironstaunch lives.jpg
54KB, 700x793px
>>118728394
Never forget Bruce Ironstaunch.
>>
>>118728656
Yes, the second one alone is absolutely worth it.
>>
>>118721425
I thought he was a girl at first
>>
>>118730059
what about the first one? should I skip it?
>>
proof that all you need is a bigger drill
>>
>>118729669
Not him, and this probably isn't the best example, but how do you explain Saber? She lead her people with intellect, logic, and wisdom and the people still turned on her.
>>
>>118730083
Because she's a leader.
A leader's whole thing is to lead as long as you can until enough people disagree with you. Then you die a hero in everyone's memory, or you can leave with a troubled legacy, and sometimes, both.

Arturia had the whole "people cant empathize with her' shit, and the fact Brittania was constantly under attack made it hard to unify all of Brittain permanently.Plus, people found Arturia annoying.
>>
>>118729885
>>118729254

Another problem is how we portray intelligence in movies and on TV. We almost never show the work involved or we trivialize it by glossing it over with a montage. Instead problems are solved by spontaneous inspiration by likening the solution to something else so it could be explained to and understood by a child. Geniuses are portrayed with numbers floating before their eyes or with mind palaces or any of a dozen other devices as visual shorthand.

The problem is that even though intellectually we know better, viscerally we feel that we should experience intuition or see floating numbers or it means we aren't capable of doing things.

I often tell people that until they have seriously attempted to learn something for at least a year they qualified to make a judgement on whether they are capable or talented at something.
>>
>>118721584
>Basically Hitler.
>Still best girl.
>>
>>118730083
What, like Fate Saber?
In that case commanders and generals are the same in all leaders, except that the effects of their actions are direct and easy to see.

Most leaders have plans whose fruits and not easy to see, or benefits in the long run. This is not good in the eyes of the common man, who want results now and damn them if not, even if that is impossible. A general need only win the battle to win the hearts of his troops. Of course, when the general losses, he usually pays with his life.

Charisma also helps, alot. Along with good public relations tactics. Saber had the 1st, not so much the second
>>
>>118730234

"...they AREN'T qualified to make a judgement..."
>>
>>118730076
I wouldn't. It isn't as different as Lagann-hen is to the second half of the show; it starts out as more of a compilation movie. But there are some minor changes, and the climax is totally different than the show. It ends with Dai-Gurren fighting Guame/Cytomander/Adiane and Viral at once, ending before the final battle with Lordgenome, which is covered in Lagann-hen.

I'm not sure it's wholly necessary to spoiler that, but just in case.
>>
>>118730246
Saber just wasnt a manipulator.
She was charismatic, but she was a 'Lead By Example" type where she led this virtuous holy life.

That's cool, but...no one wants to be a nun.

In comparison, Alexander had charisma, too, but he also had the same "Lead By Example" leadership....

But he was a fucking boisterous diplomat ham that everyone couldnt help but love, and everyone wanted to be him, too. He was a rockstar and a leader.

He wasnt a PROPER, JUST KING like Arturia...

But since when did people give a shit about proper and just shit in ancient times and the middle ages?
>>
intelligent people are smart enough to understand that good and evil are religious concepts and hold no meaning. that's why they are the evil villain archetype
>>
>>118721425
as a character, no. as a person, yes
>>
File: .png (326KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
.png
326KB, 640x480px
>>118730458
Is that intelligence or is it the ignorance of being more intelligent than most and making illogical assumptions?
It reminds me in GTO when Urumi, the supposed genuis, talks about death. How pointless life is and how everyone is just a mass of proteins, from the egg to death you will always be proteins. She has even tried to kill herself multiple times to stop existing. Onizuka then drives her off a cliff and scares the living shit out of her.
It gives her a new outlook.

Is logic even something to be followed? Is it really the best way to go when so many things break through the feeble wall of logic?

I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about either way. I should just go to bed but I won't
>>
>>118730676
Well, obviously you don't want to be in any of both extremes. If you are a huge emotionality driven person you are probably most likely to take bad decisions and give in to any temptation. If you are logic driven you are likely to be a social misfit or a complete nihilist, becasue human relationships are emotion based and a whole lot of social rituals don't make sense but you just have to go for what it feels "good" to you without questioning the whys.

After that episode she became a more well rounded person, yeah, sure, she tried to kill her past teacher or something but she did what I just said up there. She could stop going to school anytime and go to college but she decided to remain there becasue she enjoyed being with her friends and onizuka, as a consequence she started smiling more and even developed a crush on onizuka
>>
File: Akagi.jpg (531KB, 1439x1064px) Image search: [Google]
Akagi.jpg
531KB, 1439x1064px
>>118730879
I gotta write this shit down.

She may have been well-rounded and less cynical after that, but the 'genuis' did have three of her former friends kidnapped and almost murdered or sold for ransom.

It seems the portrayal of intelligent people differ as much as the characters of actual intelligent people.

Although, I sure as hell ain't one of them. I didn't even read your past discussions before plopping on in to this 2deep4me conversation.
>>
>>118731069
it's just some rambling of a dude that had to sleep 5 hours ago, don't take it too seriously anon.
>>
>>118730234
You see here, it's not as simple as 'smart people are bad, me no need smart man." it's that type of personality that annoys people. Those who CLAIM to be smarter, due to a degree, praise, or maybe an IQ test or something, or whatever, and use that to put themselves on a pedestal, and believe people are too stupid to do things, while believing what they're doing is right, while being blind to what they're doing. Example:/pol/acks with Eugenics, and sterilization, and SJWs with censorship, and trying to make it illegal to make certain remarks.

It's different from people being portrayed as actually being smart, we've seen those types, but they don't brag about it. Look at the difference between Lex Luthor, Braniac, and people like Batman, and Braniac 9. It's that thing about assuming you're superior.

Simple guys are portrayed as good because it's assumed dumber=less likely to manipulate. "Smart people" manipulate people, the politicians who trick you into doing things that harm you, the doctors who prescribe things to you that you don't need, the people on the news who twists stories, Lawyers who use their tricky contracts, and laws to harm people who did no wrong. The worst thing about this, is you can't tell if they genuinely believe it or not, and their 'studies' blind them, rather than allow them to see the truth.
>>
>>118728649
>fucking simon
That doujin of simon fucking yoko
>>
>>
File: 1395759026374.gif (220KB, 286x119px) Image search: [Google]
1395759026374.gif
220KB, 286x119px
This thread seems relevant so I'll post this here. This just happened. Okay, so a month back I was rewatching Gurren Lagann and my sister, who is 13 years younger than me, asked what I was watching and if she could, so I figured why not since its not exactly a kid's anime but she's used to watching stuff with profanity in it anyways. We watched the whole thing together in about a week and she loved it, and I thought there was nothing wrong with it at first, but last night my parents called me asking if I had been looking at porn on their computer. I said no, then my mom started reading off some of the history. It was all naked pics of Simon and Nia. My sister has been looking at Gurren Lagann r34. I just don't know how I should feel about this. I mean, I know she's 10 and all, but it just feels weird. She kinda looks up to me as more of a pseudo brother/father figure, and I feel like I made the wrong decision in letting her watch it. What do I do /a/?
>>
File: 1410247871336.jpg (147KB, 405x412px) Image search: [Google]
1410247871336.jpg
147KB, 405x412px
>>118731875
Show her how to use sadpanda and incognito.
>>
>>118728694
i dont know how we got on this subject but its very interesting
>>
>>118731875
>Introduce sister to my friend
>WHY IS SHE TOUCHING HIS DICK
>WHY IS SHE TAKING OFF HIS PANTS
>I MADE A MISTAKE /a/

This is how you sound
>>
File: .png (47KB, 200x141px) Image search: [Google]
.png
47KB, 200x141px
>>118731875
Holy fuck that's gold.

How old is she? If she's around the age that most discover porn don't do anything about it.

Or you could be that guy and blackmail her through anonymous emails and reward her with doujins

I'd tell your parents it was you looking at the porn and back your sis up. Tell her she's got good taste and teach her the ways of anonymity, starting with how to clear your damn history
>>
File: Akagi.png (292KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Akagi.png
292KB, 1600x1200px
>>118732016
Killjoy
Let the guy have his fun, why would he need to lie on an anonymous image board, it shouldn't bother you nor me.

It's a good laugh
>>
>>118732032
>Not just using private tabs/incognito
>>
>>118732016
>>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Oh wait. wrong board
>>
File: 1418860153584.gif (3MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1418860153584.gif
3MB, 320x180px
>>118732141
>you don't know
Goodbye Anon
>>
>>118721425
Nah, he a faget who kind of jelly with what simon achieve
>>
>>118732282
He almost redeemed himself and became an hero.
However Simon ruined that for him too.
>>
>>118731875
>It was all naked pics of Simon and Nia.

Pictures of them separately or together?
>>
>>118731875
Were they the type of picture where they were holding hands?
>>
>>118721584
All that potential, absolutely ruined.
>>
File: shit.jpg (50KB, 407x385px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
50KB, 407x385px
>>118732619
fucking christ anon, it's a blue boarder! we got to have board quality here
>>
>>118730879
Well between the two extremes there is a clear lesser of two evils and logic would be the bigger boon than being an extremist siding with emotions as evidence by our daily modern world where we have such things as blacks rioting because one of their kind was shot because of an apparent hoodie nonsense.

>>118731353
Not him, but even thought smart people might try to manipulate it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing. Take for example, Psycho Pass the ones who are in charge are actual intelligent people. They understand humans and the behavior they display, and at the end of it you have a prosperous society despite the few problems that pop up.
>>
>>118727419
Because garbage shows like High School DxD and Sword Art Online got popular and taught people that it's okay to drown yourself in stupidity and nightmarishly bad writing for the sake of instant gratification.

I'm not saying TTGL is the pinnacle of creative writing, but at least it has an overall message and there's shit to discover underneath the surface. It wasn't until I was on my third rewatch years after the initial release that I figured out the parallels between Kittan and Simon. I.E. Kittan aspires to be exactly like his idols, whereas Simon aspires to learn from his idols. Simon learns from Kamina's mistakes, while Kittan sacrifices himself like an idiot.
>>
>>118728397
>image made in 2007
>>
>>118728721
>It's not artsy or deep, and it doesn't have any powerful themes
You don't deserve to like this anime.
>>
>>118730294
>wouldn't. It isn't as different as Lagann-hen is to the second half of the show; it starts out as more of a compilation movie. But there are some minor changes, and the climax is totally different than the show. It ends with Dai-Gurren fighting Guame/Cytomander/Adiane and Viral at once, ending before the final battle with Lordgenome, which is covered in Lagann-hen.
>I'm not sure it's wholly necessary to spoiler that, but just in case.

-That- moment in Gurren-hen, though. That moment when Simon's balls drop. So mighty.
>>
I really wanted him to end up commiting suicide so that that daft bitch with glasses would realise how shit he was and so he couldnt steal any more time from the show
>>
>>118731875
No, you did the right thing. Its not your fault porn of a cartoon exists, and its not your fault shes looking at it. If your parents have a problem with porn, it wouldve been up to them to teach her about it and tell her not to look for shit like that.
>>
>>118722537
>implying badass bending fights make up for some shit tier story telling
>>
File: fuck you 2.webm (3MB, 853x480px)
fuck you 2.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>
File: heh.gif (2MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
heh.gif
2MB, 720x405px
>>118726592
>>118726807
>>
File: ME! ME! ME!.png (503KB, 787x461px) Image search: [Google]
ME! ME! ME!.png
503KB, 787x461px
>>118721584
>>
>>118737585
i prefer this scene in dub
>>
>>118731353
The thing is, being smart is not thinking you know it all, it is the exact opposite of that. It is being hesitant, and always doubting what you do, think and see. But this means being open and accepting when you are wrong, which is REALLY hard for people.
Try posting something going against opinions of someone on somewhere like reddit, for example. You will be downvoted.
>>
>>118728522
Top left should be changed to

>piloted the Xenogears to kill God and helped repopulate the planet
>>
File: MicchypreachingaboutOverlords.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MicchypreachingaboutOverlords.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
Hey is this a thread about misunderstood guy who did nothing wrong
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.