[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth watching all 195 episodes of Urusei Yatsura, /a/nons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

Is it worth watching all 195 episodes of Urusei Yatsura, /a/nons?
>>
If you like it, yes.
>>
File: fucking_watch_it.jpg (33KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
fucking_watch_it.jpg
33KB, 500x359px
>>
More than worth it.
>>
be sure to watch the BD
>>
>>118652955
If you really, really like Lum.
>>
>>118652955
It get expotentially better.
>>
File: happy.jpg (20KB, 416x407px) Image search: [Google]
happy.jpg
20KB, 416x407px
Holy fuck yes, shit is funny as fuck.

Also, Ran is best.
>>
Absolutely in every way possible.
>>
>>118657669
>liking any of the girls in the series except for Lum, Icebitch, Ranma2.0 and Crowbitch
Shit taste, anon.
>>
BD rips look great, shame they are 3-4gigs an episode.
>>
File: Lum.jpg (41KB, 409x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lum.jpg
41KB, 409x600px
>>118652955

If you do, you'll probably never be able to enjoy most romcoms (that come out these days) anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjzGPpM76fQ
>>
The movies were fun.
>>
>>118658722
I've watched the first 2 episodes and, while it's not bad, it's not anything exceptional either. The biggest reason I'm planning to watch more is because of the nostalgic feel and old animation style.

Does it get any better from on out?
>>
>>118658875
>movies
Oshii makes films, not movies.
>>
Is the history of anime.
Rumiko Takahashi and the anime made out of her manga created many tropes for the decades to come.
>>
I take it that the anime is better than the manga?
>>
>>118652955
It's worth it to kill yourself.
>>
>>118661333
Yes
>>
>>118661333
No!

>>118661546
FUCK NO!
>>
File: 1409336399052.png (24KB, 954x539px) Image search: [Google]
1409336399052.png
24KB, 954x539px
>>118661716
pleb detected
>>
>>118659472
It gets much, much better.
>>
>>118661333
In every way. Ignore >>118661716
>>
>>118659472
Around the 20s it gets both funnier and better looking, and they drop the two stories in one episode format.
>>
The bloat of the one subbed BD release is outrageous. Coalgirls wish they could achieve even close to as much bloat. Jesus fuck.

Good thing I have 2TB of space or there is no way in hell I would download it. Even so, it is so ridiculous that archiving is out of the question because the whole thing is going to be like 450 gigs.
>>
>>118659472
>Does it get any better from on out?
The series get start to get excellent around the 40 episode, and the last episodes of the Oshii run are perfect(around the 90-106), the Kazuo run is also good but already had the things Oshii decided to put in the series(better personalities for the main characters, the Lum's Stormtroppers, and other things), the last episodes of him are also really good, the best thing of both runs are the movies, with Oshii Beautiful Dreamer(one of the best animated films ever) and with Kazuo Lum Forever(weird and really different kind of film)
>>
File: sakura.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sakura.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>118657669
>not sakura
>>
>>118661344
I would kill myself for Lum.
>>
Will I be really sad when it's done because I won't have anything else to distract me from self-depreciation?
>>
File: feel.jpg (25KB, 300x228px) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
25KB, 300x228px
>>118669283
At least I was sad after I end watching the show/movies/ovas, I said to my self, I'm never gonna see more of Ataru and Lum in a long time, and that hit me really hard, I mean you really get connected with this characters.
>>
Yes, it's one of the best and most experimental TV anime series of the 80s. The films are also excellent.

>>118657669
>>118668653
Ryoko is best girl, plebs.
>>
>>118671437
>Ryoko is best girl
Agree, I wonder how mad Mendou could get if Ataru sleep with his sister.
>>
After I finish the first BD box of Ranma I am going to watch the first Urusei Yatsura BD box.

I am really liking Ranma so far, I can already tell nothing is going to ever realy change or develop on an emotional level but it is consistently fun so far (29 episodes in)
>>
>>118672894
>I can already tell nothing is going to ever realy change or develop on an emotional level but it is consistently fun so far
that's why urusei yatsura it's also great, they actually change, mature.
>>
>>118673939
Not really. While some episodes may show signs of development, that rarely carries over to later episodes. Most of the characters remain strict to their archetypes.
>>
>>118652955
Yes, it's worth it. Also movies 2 and 4. The shows improves quite a bit shortly after dumping the 2 stories per episode format too, since it gives more time for filler, which is actually excellent in the show.
>>
>>118652955
I don't like lum, so I didn't care for it much
>>
>>118674852

The characters keep their archetype, but compared to something like Ranma they're fairly dynamic. Look at Shinobu, going from loving Ataru to Mendou, to wanting Mendou just for his money to not standing Mendou at all as a love interest and finally getting the bunny guy in the OVAs. That's more dynamic than anyone in Ranma 1/2.

Then you've got Mendou eventually becoming traumatized by losing to Ataru all the time in the anime, which leads to some hilarious moments that don't exist in the manga, where their rivalry is more balanced.

Lum herself goes through quite a few changes early on in the show- although, of course, that's mostly due to her going from secondary character to primary love interest, but it works well enough in the narrative, especially when some later episodes actually contrast her character like when she has a chance to stay with a perfect Ataru, but choses to go back to her universe.
>>
>>118674852
>Most of the characters remain strict to their archetypes.
They actually change, at least that's what I felt during the Oshii run and one of the problems I had in the Kazuo run, with Kazuo it seems like they are doing chapters of the manga but they don't adapt them to the current line. Ataru grown and he leaves the love of his life(shinobu) and doesn't have a problem about mendou dating her and accepts Lum in his life. Lum also realize that Ataru really like to chase women so she is not so hard with him and tolerate that at some point.
>>
Should I watch this or Ranma? First, anyway.
>>
>>118676084
>repeated behavior
>like perverted old man
>tsundere main characters
>love rival for both male and female main characters
>enemy that you can't decide either serious or dumb
Every fucking episodes or her series
>>
>>118675824
>with Kazuo it seems like they are doing chapters of the manga but they don't adapt them to the current line.

I thought that really only became a problem in the OVAs and post series movies. A big thing is that the tv finale has Lum and Ataru willingly kissing for the first time, which should just negate the entire plot of the manga finale/movie 5.
>>
>>118676563
>>118676084
Every fucking series this women has made is shit.
So fucking formulaic and tired. 195 fucking episodes of bullshit. I watched all Ranma and all Inuyasha because it was on TV and I loathed every second of it.
>>
>>118676569
>I thought that really only became a problem in the OVAs and post series movies. A big thing is that the tv finale has Lum and Ataru willingly kissing for the first time, which should just negate the entire plot of the manga finale/movie 5.
Yep also had that problem with the OVAs, but it's true the last episodes Kazuo run and the last of Oshii are the complete oposite of the fifth movie, Ataru really liked lum and was able to risk his life to save her and with he kiss her because he wanted.
>>
>>118677039
and then he kiss her because he wanted(in the other ending)*
>>
>>118676084
Urusei Yatsura came first, so I would say you should watch it first.
>>
>>118676721
It's sad when fanfictions writers from the 90's literally wrote better stuff then her.
>>
>>118676084
I just started Ranma like two days ago. I'm on episode 30 and it's been real fun so far. There are kinda times it drags, and everyone screams a lot more than they should, but I really like the characters.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.