[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Urusei Yatsura

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Urusei-Yatsura.jpg (940KB, 1000x1417px) Image search: [Google]
Urusei-Yatsura.jpg
940KB, 1000x1417px
So, I decided I want to give an old classic a try, I have checked out Ranma and Maison Ikkoku, both of which were easy to get a reasonable subbed BD release of, but for Urusei Yatsura, as far as put together releases go, there is only one group/person doing it, and although the content is good, the bloat is outrageous. Coalgirls wishes they could bloat a release this much.

See: http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=432663

Now, the subs used are, I am fairly certain LRE subs, but if you download those subs and throw them on some BD raws, the first half of the episodes match up, but then the timing is completely off the second half. Anybody who has attempted to watch this series have any suggestions or perhaps links to the .ass or .srt files as they are in the Tyroz release?

Also Rumiko Takahashi thread.

Also I want to have sex with Lum.
>>
I didn't think all of the UY BDs had even come out yet. The rips are gonna be huge regardless of who does them, though, so you're better off just buying a new harddrive.
>>
>>118397173
not that hard to tone it down to an acceptable level, this guy's stupid.

also are the bds even 1080p? grain looks big.
>>
>>118397173
The raw BD releases are at least half the size of this guys release. That is why I was trying to slap some subs on some raws. Unfortunately I ran into the above problem and the guy who did the ultra bloated release didn't post just the subs that he used.

I have got 2TB of storage (only about 300 available right now) but even so there is no excuse for files of this size.
>>
File: Blurry Release.png (3MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Blurry Release.png
3MB, 1440x1080px
>>118398006
>The raw BD releases are at least half the size of this guys release.
If you mean this release:
>http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=626907
That's because they' removed all of the grain from the video, making them look like a blurry mess.
>>
>>118398178
God no, the Kagura release is half the size, or rather, the individual files are, averaging in at around 1.3 gigabytes per episode - half the size of the files in the OP - the Kagura release just has twice as many episodes.
>>
>>118398318
That is 960p, not 1080p.
It is just too grainy.
That said 2+GB/ep is still pretty stupid.
>>
>>118398435
It is really grainy, there is no denying that. It isn't quite bad enough to keep me from watching it if I had some subs that worked with it. The first release I posted is a higher resolution but it also had the amount of grain reduced. It is a pretty good looking release honestly, but as pretty much anybody would agree the file sizes are still too much.

Eh, I will just keep watching Ranma 1/2 for now, I am enjoying it. A group has released up to episode 108 so it will take a while to even finish that.
>>
>>118398770
the grain is because it was created on film. people like you enjoy colorized b&w films and steven spielberg director cuts.
>>
I don't mind the release, it's big, but I got the space and it looks really good. I really just wish he'd do the other ones already.
>>
>>118400833
Wow, that frame looks like shit. Blocking and artifacts around borders. This guy is really clueless about encoding if his 2+GB/ep results in shit like this.
>>
>>118400206
What in the hell are you talking about? I know why grain is a thing, and I like it. Look at the raws, it is grainy to the point of almost being blurry. Of course, removing the grain makes it even blurrier and much worse.

And for the record, I watch a lot of old movies and non of them have been "colorized". Is that even a thing that happens? Also I don't really like Steven Spielberg, let alone the directors cut. versions of his movies.
>>
File: MI_03_01_01.jpg (247KB, 1456x1132px) Image search: [Google]
MI_03_01_01.jpg
247KB, 1456x1132px
I'm finishing Maison Ikkoku now. I was expecting another Ranma but, surprisingly, Takahashi can actually write a love-comedy with good plot an character development.

The only thing I'm not liking is the large amounts of sameface. Literally, Godai and Mitaka look exactly the same.
>>
so which is best release?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.