[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people actually think that this is a useless ability you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 27

File: 1378548976675.png (451KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1378548976675.png
451KB, 1280x720px
>people actually think that this is a useless ability
you people apparently know nothing about thermodynamics
>>
If something is too hot or cold she couldn't even touch it so it seems rather pointless.
>>
You apparently know nothing of the world of Inde-Scratch that.
You apparently know a lot about the dynamics of /a/.
>>
>>118339880
Her ability is only useful in survival conditions. Like if she got dropped in the arctic, she could just maintain her body's warm temperature, preventing any of the problems the extreme environmental cold would normally cause.

In normal circumstances? Totally useless.
>>
>>118340139
at level 5 she would probably be able to control the temperature of anything she wanted in any way. Definitely not pointless
>>
>>118339880
Her pussy must feel amazing.
>>
>>118340200
if she's touching a heat source or something of the sort, she is basically creating free energy if you turn it off. I hope you understand how big a deal free energy is
>>
>>118340298

That's not what her ability is though, she doesn't have the potential to reach level 5. Her ability is only to keep things at a constant temperature, her ability wouldn't allow her to change temps if she became a level 5.
>>
>>118340416
It's only a big deal in your third world shithole.
>>
>>118340416
I hope you realize what little a deal that is in the universe she's living in.
>>
I bet cuddling with her must feel nice
>>
>>118340441
>she doesn't have the potential to reach level 5
I hope you can site your source on that
>>
>>118340466
>>118340461
free energy is a big deal everywhere, in any universe
>>
>>118340591
You are either extremely poorly educated, or underage. Either way, fuck off.
>>
>>118340719
good retort! you sure showed me!
>>
>>118340541
I'd cuddle a Weeha
>>
>>118340543
Parameter list.
>>
File: 1364577778898.png (25KB, 213x214px) Image search: [Google]
1364577778898.png
25KB, 213x214px
>Another shitty Uiharu fanwaking thread

Sasuga ignorant Railgunfags.
>>
>>118340543

Well for a user to reach level 5 they have to be able to use their ability to do a vast range of things like Misaka and Accelerator, there power does not change at all, Uiharu can't go from being able to keep things at a constant temp to being able to change the temps of things. Uiharu's ability doesn't have the potential to be used in a way that would allow her to develop it. I suppose at most a Level 2 or 3 Uiharu would be able to keep a large volume of atmosphere around her at a constant temp, and I can't see a use for that so it's hardly anywhere near level 5 worthy.
>>
>>118341075
But the temperature of an object is not uniform, different molecules will have varying energies and the average will determine the temperature
So if she could maintain the temperature of just the hottest molecules in the air, those molecules would keep moving with constant energy, colliding with and imparting momentum to slower molecules, raising the average temperature.
Or something like that
>>
So Uiharu can violate the law of conservation of energy. Who cares? So can every other esper.

It's not like pyrokinetics or electromasters generate the power for their abilities within themselves or draw it from the environment, it comes from nowhere. Hell, Kakine creates MATTER from nothing.
>>
>>118341075
Uiharu can manipulate temperature. At level 1, this manifests as being able to simply maintain temperatures, it could easily change as she levels up.

The sisters basically have the same powers Misaka had when she was a level 2, and they don't have access to some of the powers she has as a level 5, like using EM to make iron sand swords.

When Saten became a level 1 she had the same ability as Kongou but all she could do is twirl some leaves.

Abilities change with the level, Uiharu could easily be able to change temperatures at level 5
>>
>>118341347
Matter is just energy that decided to take it a bit slower.
>>
Uiharu's power is being cute and at that she's a level 5
>>
File: 1382776889594.jpg (78KB, 340x565px) Image search: [Google]
1382776889594.jpg
78KB, 340x565px
>>118341075
>there power does not change at all
their
>Uiharu can't go from being able to keep things at a constant temp to being able to change the temps of things.
I guess we can pretend that's the case if you really want
>Uiharu's ability doesn't have the potential to be used in a way that would allow her to develop it
Says you
>I suppose at most a Level 2 or 3 Uiharu would be able to keep a large volume of atmosphere around her at a constant temp, and I can't see a use for that so it's hardly anywhere near level 5 worthy.
Maintaining the temperature of the atmosphere would be super useful in climate controlled scientific experiments or maybe for stopping global warming. If she learned to maintain temperatures for larger and larger volumes that would be level 5 worthy and would be a super useful ability
>>
>>118340543
It's called the Parameter List. Academy City already knows what someone's power will be and what their maximum level is before developing their ability.

If Uiharu could become a Level 5, she wouldn't be stuck at the shitty level she's currently at, because AC would have dumped more resources into her development.
>>
>>118341347
Nowhere did I say Uiharu was any more powerful than any of those espers. I'm just saying her power is not useless
>>
>>118341382
>Abilities change with the level, Uiharu could easily be able to change temperatures at level 5
Parameter list.

>>118341475
>Says you
Says the source material, you dimwit.

>If she learned to maintain temperatures for larger and larger volumes that would be level 5 worthy and would be a super useful ability
She can't. Go look up what the parameter list is.
>>
>>118341347
The big deal with Uiharu's ability is the guaranteed reliability of regulation/control. Certainly, if we talk about the harnessing of energy that violates the law of conservation, there are many espers that can easily reach crazy levels of generation, but what matters is that it needs to be fully controlled, usually at a constant rate, and Uiharu's ability simply cannot be beat at it.
A combination of a prolific energy-generating esper + Uiharu as controller/regulator would be ideal.
>>
>>118341557
>>118341684
Uiharu's ability is only level 1. That's pretty worthless and useless.
>>
Your Parameter List couldn't detect Touma, who is arguably one of most powerful being in this universe.
Parameter List? more like Parameter Shit.
>>
>>118341810
Why are you talking about things you know nothing about?
>>
>>118341810
Imagine Breaker isn't an ESP skill.
How the fuck would you measure Touma's skill if it's constantly being suppressed by IB? We don't even know if he has an ESP skill.
>>
>>118341596
Don't forget the parameter list also takes into account how quickly an Esper can level up. Uiharu may just be a level 1 now because it would take a lot of time and resources to get her up to 4 or even 5.
>>118341810
In the Parameter List's defense, Imagine Breaker isn't an Esper power so it can't be measured.
>>
>>118341890
>We don't even know if he has an ESP skill.
His ability is limb exploder.
>>
>>118341890
You could cut off his arm and then measure it?
>>
>>118341962
>Uiharu may just be a level 1 now because it would take a lot of time and resources to get her up to 4 or even 5.
Seeing as how she isn't even level 2 or 3, I doubt it.
>>
>>118339880
Unless it evolves, it's completely useless for combat purposes.
>>
>>118341684
We don't technically understand Thermal Hand's mechanics though.

For all we know, she just draws heat from the environment to keep things at the same temperature.
>>
>>118340139
If she can maintain temperatures then why can't she maintain the temperature of her skin/the layer of air around her skin and thus touch things regardless of how hot or cold they are?
>>
>>118342018
>You could cut off his arm
I can't even tell if this post is a joke or actually serious anymore.
>>
>>118342069
As of what we know now, yes. But, it's applications to the energy sector/others should not go ignored
>>118342151
That would still be an efficient method of going about things and should be looked into
>>
>>118342194
Because her level is too shitty for that.
>>
>>118340416
Energy cannot be created or destroyed, so it stands to reason that her temperature-retention ability simply disables the ability to transfer heat energy of anything she's touching.

Once she lets go, it will radiate heat as anything would.

If it did anything else at all, it would be breaking the laws of physics and be magic.
>>
>>118342261
>If it did anything else at all, it would be breaking the laws of physics and be magic.
how do you explain pyrokinetic and electrokinetic powers in terms of laws of physics then?
>>
>>118342261
>Energy cannot be created or destroyed

You think raildex powers are constrained by the laws of physics?
>>
>>118342369
In terms of how their abilities work, they would have to take the energy from somewhere.

If i made fire with my bare hands, then something, somewhere else would have to get colder as a result of me suddenly having that energy there.
something has to give.

>>118342398
they bang on about it being science so much, and even specifically have an entirely different wing of power in the show; magic. that at the very least i'd expect them to give some measure of consideration to it.
>>
>>118342512
Could you explain Gunha's abilities then?
>>
>>118342512
Yeah, but they don't
Name any superpower in raildex that doesn't break the laws of physics.
Or in any fiction, for that matter
>>
>>118342261
>it would be breaking the laws of physics
What the fuck do you think about Kakine's ability to create matter with impossible properties then? Because his entire existence gives the middle finger to physics.

Espers don't obey the law of conservation of energy. Hell, magic is actually better in that regard compared to psychic abilities, because at least magic has to be fueled by mana or some other power source.
>>
>>118342229

The ability is smalltime in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't even have potential to reach level 3 or 4. Plenty of other Esper abilities are experimented on and developed by scientists and Kiharas. You Uiharu fanwankers who haven't even read the source material are the only ones that pay any attention to it.
>>
>>118339880
You can have her attached to a heat source and generated power 24/7, but unless you're going to do that it's pretty worthless and Crowley has no real interest in that shit so it's never going to actually be used.
>>
>>118342512
>>118342398
to add; they also make it incredibly clear that science is NOT magic, and you cannot practice both without serious drawbacks.

I could not, and would not attest to how Styl, for example, makes fire - because it's magic, they say it's magic, so i give it a free pass on that merit alone.

But for espers, the story goes far out of its way to make it very clear it is science and not magic.

>>118342627
I don't know enough about them, and even then i'm not an all-knowing being. I'm just a dude who has a rudamentary knowledge of science.
That said, lack of capacity to explain something doesn't make it magic.

Only saying in a literary or entertainment sense "this is magic" makes it magic, and even then, only for the purposes of fun and storytelling. Which is why i can happily let it slide.
>>
Those overclock WRs though.
>>
File: c2fd2d70b0492eaf6e9d7c78c93f38e0.jpg (465KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
c2fd2d70b0492eaf6e9d7c78c93f38e0.jpg
465KB, 1024x768px
>>118339880
Can't help but wonder if she can keep your dick in constant orgasm mode just by touching it after you cum.
>>
>>118342812
I'm fairly sure the story goes rather far out of its way to explain that the science of espers IS magic.It is a specific system of magic. A system which is incompatible with the other systems, which results in it being dangerous for one side to use the other's shit.
>>
>>118342878
That would be Misaki's territory.
>>
>>118342512
>they bang on about it being science so much
Magic in Raildex is just as much a science as psychic powers, it's just that one is a system that's officially recognized by the public and the other isn't.

And conversely, psychic powers are just as magical as magic, it's just a system of supernatural powers that operates on different laws than magic. Literally, since esper abilities are actually Thelemic magic.
>>
Where does level upper fall in relation to the parameter list?
Exception, not the rule?
>>
>>118342637
Matter can be created, matter can be destroyed. It happens all the time.

-energy- cannot be created or destroyed.

If you mash a load of non-material energy together, it will make atoms. Annihilating those atoms will once again create light energy (as in the spectrum of light; radio waves, gamma rays, xrays and so on. not just visible light)

If someone has the power to just conjure up freaky objects out of nowhere, it would stand to reason they must be siphoning energy from something or somewhere in order to do this.

They throw around quantum physics a great deal in the story as the backbone of an esper's power, and while i won't dare talk too much about quantum physics as by its very nature it simply doesn't apply to the logical formats I've spoken of thus far, i will say that maybe the energy all the espers need to do the freaky shit they do is in fact being siphoned from another universe; their 'personal reality' as they call it.
>>
>>118342917
I'm not going to even try to go in debating the nuanced and entirely opinion-based definitions of what magic is or isn't.
Down that path leads fruitless conversation and madness.

I'll only talk about the things the story claims are science.
>>
'''no'''
>>
>>118342985
Cloud-processing.

It's quite clear that intelligence plays an incredibly great role in an espers ability.

The kind of shit that Biri and Accelerator alone talk about when they're explaining the dynamics of what they're doing is supercomputer-level micro calculations.

If i had vector control like Accelerator, I'd be willing to bet I'd be fucking useless, because I'm shit at maths.
>>
>>118342905
Basically this, Abilities are just specialized magic that Aleister derived from actual magic. It's supposed to appear scientific but it doesn't necessarily have to follow any scientific laws.
>>
>>118343216
You could just get some robots to do the calculations for you
>>
>>118343400
They're clones, not robots.
>>
>>118343000
>it would stand to reason they must be siphoning energy from something or somewhere in order to do this
Occam's Razor would suggest otherwise. because Kakine tells us that his ability doesn't abide by the laws of physics.

>“… Go back and study up on physics, you idiot. No matter how you diffract sunlight it doesn’t change the nature of it into something like a beam of light that kills.”
>“Hm, that is indeed the case with the normal physics of this world.”
>Kakine’s six wings curled up and gathered strength.
>“But! My Dark Matter is matter that does not exist in this world! It completely disobeys the laws of physics of this world. Sunlight that gets diffracted by the Dark Matter will also have its own set of laws!"

>>118343110
We're literally fucking told that it's magic, just a different kind than the powers used by magicians.
>>
>>118343400
That'd be fairly inefficient and probably raise me to level 2 at best.

Accelerator fucking re-wrote code inside a human brain on an atomic and subatomic level using his own intellect alone.
>>
>>118343601
>Occam's Razor would suggest otherwise
If you knew even the tinyest thing about Quantum Physics, you would know that "Occam's Razor" is a method of thinking not only unwelcome there, but entirely counter-productive to its understanding.
>>
File: 1418324713918.png (1MB, 1772x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1418324713918.png
1MB, 1772x1041px
>>118343684
>If you knew even the tinyest thing about Quantum Physics
>>
>>118343431
I'm sure it'd be easier to find some robots in AC than a clone network.
Also I bet robots are more reliable.
>>
>>118343601
A lot of the times, the students barking about their powers being this, or being that, or not obeying the laws of bla-bla-bla are just straight-up wrong.

It works for them to believe whatever they need to believe in order to get their powers to work, and that's fine, but to an outside observer, often-times they're just straight-up wrong and their power can be explained, or the way they're explaining it is wrong.
>>
File: 1417819286700.png (104KB, 250x270px) Image search: [Google]
1417819286700.png
104KB, 250x270px
>>118343431
clonebots so to speak
>>
>>118343747
Not actually quantum physics, but okay.

Regular physics is still important too. There's nothing 'lesser' about it.
>>
>hot chocolate always stays hot
>pepsi always stays cold

I want a power like that
>>
File: 1418379099004.jpg (610KB, 1300x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1418379099004.jpg
610KB, 1300x1600px
index 3 when?

why did they discontinue? I mean it did well enough to do 48eps and a movie, a 48ep spinoff. How far they got barely scratches the surface of the source material; why aren't they making more? or making a spinoff anime (accel), or heck, I'd even go for a magical girl spinoff, prisma raildex or something
>>
>>118343684
And? This is fiction.

You're doing unnecessary mental gymnastics to justify your belief that psychic powers perfectly abide by the laws of physics simply because they're called science in-story, when what you've been saying contradicts what we've been told.

Such as how, for one, that the "scientific" powers espers use are literally magic.
>>
>>118343896
>eating ice cream with hot cherries
Bliss.
>>
File: 1418093270886.jpg (9KB, 119x122px) Image search: [Google]
1418093270886.jpg
9KB, 119x122px
>>118343896
>drinking pepsi
>>
>>118343896
You would've to.touch the hot chocolate to maintain its temparature, I wouldn't want that.
>>
>>118343110
>the story claims are science.
The story claims that Imagine Breaker can dispel esper powers.
>>
>>118343946
I drink canned pepsi, bottled dr pepper, fountain cocacola
>>
File: MallardDuck3.jpg (109KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
MallardDuck3.jpg
109KB, 1024x768px
>>118343896
I want Uiharu to put hot chocolate on my duck and keep it at a constant temperature while I drink Pepsi.
>>
>>118343984
Touch it with your tongue.
>>
>>118343904
Never ever
>>
>>118343400
Well that's sort of what level-upper was about.

cloud-computing.

Not every student using level-upper would be 'giving it their all' at the same time of day every day, so during the times that one or two here and there needed the power of a level 3 or 4, despite being level 0, 1 or 2 for real - they could 'borrow' brain-power from others.

In fact, it was such a great and efficient method of advancing other's abilities through networking and sharing that they had to axe it by introducing that AIM-Diffusion bullshit to make it into a bad thing.
It was kinda sad, really. The entire arc was about low-levels feeling like shit next to their higher-level counterparts who get given all the attention, admiration and time of everyone and everything in the city, as well as underpowered people being bullied because their weak; then giving those underdogs the power to be just like those 'naturally-gifted' spoiled lot of espers through networking and sharing, and they threw it away because in the long-run it would be bad for the story about Railgun and Index.
>>
>>118344043
I would look retarded
>>
>>118343904
>prisma raildex

I hate that I would watch every episode of that.
>>
>>118343984
Nah, Uiharu maintains the temperature of that cake or whatever while it's inside a box. Touching the cup is good enough.
>>
>>118344142
>I would look retarded
Not a change anon.
>>
>>118344193
F-fuck you
>>
>>118344096
>The entire arc was about low-levels feeling like shit next to their higher-level counterparts
We already have Hamazura and the rest of Skill Out for that.

It's been given enough focus in the story that it would be redundant for the plot to give it more.
>>
>>118344096
You missed the point of the LU arc, and the fact that it was retroactively added content in a side story.
>>
>>118343934
>And? This is fiction.
Which is why i was happy to give magic a free pass.

I'm not autistic, i'm happy to just sit back and enjoy 'magic' if someone tells me "shut the fuck up, it's not real - just enjoy it for what it is" - i only sought to talk-science because it seemed the story was attempting to be scientific.

If it isn't then i can happily just ignore that and enjoy the story for what it is.
>>
Why didn't kyubey enlist Uiharu?
>>
I really need to get my ass into gear and carry on reading the novels, I red the first and half of the second then stopped. Is any of the other stuff worth reading like Manga etc or should I just stick to the novels.
>>
File: Parasitic headware.jpg (58KB, 254x314px) Image search: [Google]
Parasitic headware.jpg
58KB, 254x314px
>>118344362
Because he only targets humans.
>>
>>118344279
Skill-out was less nice about it. Regardless of what they started as, they ended up being a bunch of shitheads with a serious inferiority complex.

Level-upper was about saying "fuck it, maybe there's another way to get better"

Whereas skill-out is more like "fuck them, they need to be brought down to OUR level".
It's like modern-feminism.
>>
>>118344356
It's not actual science, you should feel free to ignore it just like magic
>>
>>118344461
Will do.
>>
File: 123456346598.jpg (502KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
123456346598.jpg
502KB, 1920x1080px
>>118344362
>>118344444

the flowers are her soulgem, he already got her
>>
>>118344420
Railgun manga, Accelerator manga.
>>
>>118344356
It attempts to be scientific when it attempts to be scientific. The underlying mechanics of psychic abilities is not one of these times.
>>
>>118344316
Feel free to elaborate, rather than simply state.
>>
File: 1378969628855.png (822KB, 879x713px) Image search: [Google]
1378969628855.png
822KB, 879x713px
>>118344444
>>118344503
spooky
>>
File: 5.png (132KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
132KB, 320x240px
>>118344444
I would target those quints
>>
>>118344521

Shit I forgot about the Accelerator manga, what's it called again?

Also there's no requirement to have read something else before starting it is there?
>>
>>118342018
Slow down Kihara-kun
>>
>>118344528
>It attempts to be scientific when it attempts to be scientific.

When a story does that, that's usually when i go "okay, you know what - i'm going to do you a huge favour and just ignore everything you just said and continue enjoying you"
>>
>>118344580
To Aru Kagaku no Accelerator, just like To Aru Kagaku no Railgun. Anyway Accelerator's manga takes off right after he gets shot in the head, so if you are aware of the previous events you are fine.
>>
>>118343216
>Shit at maths
But anon, you unconsciously do high level physics and math all the time without thinking about it. Your brain does all these calculations without bothering your conscious mind.
>>
>>118344545
It was first and foremost, foreshadowing of the Sisters arc, with Kiyama being what Mikoto was during it.
It is also the introduction of the concept of artificial science angels, particularly Fuse=Kazakiri, with the fetus with a halo that was born out of the LU network.

The LU was never meant to be something grand, in fact, it was part of a greater experiment that takes place during the latest arc of the manga. As the other anon said in the other post, the level 0 discrimination theme is touched upon in other arcs.
>>
>>118344603
You should. The only plausible reason is that espers make things happen because they want to, like Komoe said.
>>
>>118344887
regardless of what it was 'meant' to be, or the fact that its issues come up again later on, that doesn't detract from how i saw it, as described here >>118344096
>>
>>118344454
The Railgun anime using Skill Out as token thugs aside, they were less nice about it, but they had good reason to be.

After all, Skill Out as an organized group came to be because of violent attacks on unrelated Level 0s by higher level espers.
>>
>>118344910
I got that vibe a lot from them.

Like a said before, a great deal of the time espers are blathering on about physics and shit, and making grandiose statements regarding the science of their power, when in actual fact they're just talking straight-up nonsense, and their ability works far more on a placebo-effect will-and-belief-based level than any of the pseudo-science they spout.

I guess it's just one of the many jobs of the city to allow and enable them to believe the shit they talk so as to maintain and advance their abilities.
>>
>>118344965
It does. You said that
>they threw it away because in the long-run it would be bad for the story about Railgun and Index

When that is factually wrong. It's not that the author "threw it away". It's just that that wasn't even the point of the arc at all, as I pointed out.
>>
>>118345076
Sadly, i agree.

For every Touma, Mikoto or Kuroko in the city, there are 30 other powerful espers with 'kid-with-magnifying-glass-on-a-hot-day' syndrome.
>>
>>118344723

Wonderful, need to go download it all now then.
>>
>>118345181
You make it sound like Mikoto isn't hell for everyone that lives near her. Sure she doesn't kill anything but the electronics and the electrical grid, but she goes out a lot and shocks anyone who pisses her off.
>>
>>118345270
Actually yes, scratch that. Mikoto is actually a stone-cold bitch.

She shot some faggots with a railgun in the first chapter of Index like it was nothing.
They were running away!

don't tell me they fucking survived.
>>
File: forgot her name.jpg (256KB, 1547x799px) Image search: [Google]
forgot her name.jpg
256KB, 1547x799px
Nobody will ever remember this girl existent in the Toumabowl
>>
>>118345378
>>118345270
Oh, and let's not forget her wanton disregard for public property and the serious destruction thereof.
>>
>>118344444
>>118344503

The worst part is they're not even real flowers.

My whole life is a lie.
>>
>>118345270
>You make it sound like Mikoto isn't hell for everyone that lives near her.
That's why she's the most beloved girl in Tokiwadai, right?

>but she goes out a lot and shocks anyone who pisses her off.
She only shocks people that mess with her, and it isn't even painful or serious. Otherwise Kuroko would be dead by now.
>>
File: 1300396989024.jpg (92KB, 555x545px) Image search: [Google]
1300396989024.jpg
92KB, 555x545px
>>118345448
>mfw i learned this.
>>
>>118345378
Actually, I'm pretty Mikoto tells Touma that she just used her electricity on the delinquents.
>>
>>118345492
Kuroko probably wears a full-body condom at all times.
>>
>>118345378
If you weren't a filthy secondary, you'd know that she never uses lethal force or isn't a stone-cold bitch.
>>
File: 23.jpg (1MB, 1752x1366px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
1MB, 1752x1366px
>>118345505
>>
>>118345428
That applies for every Esper in the city.
>>
>>118345492
She shocks people unconscious, there is no way that isn't painful or serious.
>>
File: ui.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ui.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>ability pertaining to the regulation of molecular momentum

The only question, HOW fucked would Accelerator be in a fight against a level 5 Uiharu.
>>
File: 17.jpg (903KB, 868x1377px) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
903KB, 868x1377px
>>118345693
>>118345492
>>
File: 160.jpg (317KB, 983x1400px) Image search: [Google]
160.jpg
317KB, 983x1400px
>>118345612
>Index manga

>>118345693
It seriously isn't. She even shocked Saten unconscious and she was fucking fine moments later.
>>
>>118345782
Accel is level 6, so not very.
>>
>>118345809
I could have posted literally anything, and you'd have greentexted it as if that was some way to discredit it.
>>
>>118345782
He would be ded
>>
>>118345868
Not really. The Index manga is the least thing anyone reasonable would use as proof for anything when the novels and Railgun manga exists.
>>
File: 1418319708420.jpg (16KB, 185x240px) Image search: [Google]
1418319708420.jpg
16KB, 185x240px
>>118345782
Uiharu would keep him warm and comfy and everyone's smile would be protected.
>>
>>118345492
Biribiri is probably only beloved for being a level 5 and therefore pride of the school. Bitch can't even pet a fucking cat, her latent electromagnetic field probably makes anyone and anything around her nervous. The calling down of lightning strikes when her short fuse gets lit probably doesn't help with their ease. We're talking about a girl who thinks kicking soda machines is an acceptable substitute for spare change.
>>
>>118345998
Anon, that soda machine just steals your money, giving it spare change wouldn't get you a soda anyway.
>>
>>118345782
Her esper nickname could be "Equilibrium".

>Can transfer energy at will
>Ice out of one hand, fire out of the other.
>Sapping energy from one area, to place it into another.
>Can preserve her bodies state of energy, meaning kinetic or electric energy wouldn't damage her at all, rather than having to deflect vectors.
>>
>>118346086
That doesn't make it acceptable to break public property and steal things.
>>
>>118345998
>her latent electromagnetic field probably makes anyone and anything around her nervous.

everyone except... Touma.
>>
File: auauau.gif (131KB, 300x223px) Image search: [Google]
auauau.gif
131KB, 300x223px
>>118345847
Fuck you, I was still thinking in manga terms and forgot Accel is gonna punch Aiwass in whever its genitals are supposed to be.

Uiharu is still capable of invulnerability if she can control the speed of any molecule that touches her.
>>
>>118345998
>>118346086
>>118346133
I don't get why she doesn't just use her electricity to trick it into thinking a note was inserted.
>>
>>118346086
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8lVXQfPXRw&feature=player_detailpage#t=168
>>
>>118346178
Why do you think she craves his D?
>>
>>118345998
>her latent electromagnetic field probably makes anyone and anything around her nervous
Only works on animals, apparently humans don't notice.
>>118346222
She did something like that for Touma, it didn't work out so well.
>>
>>118345998
>Biribiri is probably only beloved for being a level 5 and therefore pride of the school
Literally every girl that has met and liked her does so due to her personality, not for her powers. See Kuroko, Uiharu, Saten, Wannai, Kongou, etc.

>her latent electromagnetic field probably makes anyone and anything around her nervous
Too bad not a single character in the series has suffered from that. Girls enjoy spending time with her.

>The calling down of lightning strikes when her short fuse gets lit probably doesn't help with their ease.
You mean under very specific circumstances. She's as nice as nice gets with her friends in the everyday life. She's even relatively nice to Misaki and doesn't shock her even though she deserves it more than anyone else.
>>
Okay, timeline-wise, is the manga (any and all of them) further-along than the events of the anime?

Or do i have to start reading the novel to see what's going on after the events of Index/Railgun 2?
>>
File: birikowai.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
birikowai.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
>>118346222
She's stupid, short-tempered and childish. She could probably ignite the atmosphere if she wanted, so she probably has a "straight line from A to B" mindset.

All the level 5s are pretty fucked in the head. Being able to bend reality would probably make you incapable of giving a fuck at some point.
>>
>>118346382
Railgun manga is farther along than Railgun S. Also Nagai fucked things up in the anime.
>>
File: Index_v14_101.jpg (665KB, 1107x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Index_v14_101.jpg
665KB, 1107x1600px
>>118346382
railgun is and the index manga skipped stuff but is still behind. read the novels anon it has pictures as well.
>>
>>118346284
Because he's tall, brave, strong, selflessly good and the only person she can rely on to help her out and not have to worry about the safety of at the same time?

Every time she starts a fight with Touma, all she really wants is for him to dispel her power, hold her to a wall and kiss her.
>>
>>118346476
>She could probably ignite the atmosphere if she wanted
You mean cause a reaction between nitrogen and oxygen? That reaction is not self sustaining, if you do cause such a reaction it doesn't really spread, you would also have a hard time detecting it without analyzing the chemicals in the air.
>>
File: 1371519119274.jpg (81KB, 589x540px) Image search: [Google]
1371519119274.jpg
81KB, 589x540px
It's a downright hassle for me to read novels.
Is Index worth the fight?
>>
>>118346306
>>
>>118340461
>>118340719
>Breaking the laws of Thermodynamics isn't a big deal
>Creating Energy from nothing isn't a big deal
>Reversing Entropy isn't a big deal
>Literally being able to stop the heat-death of the entire universe isn't a big fucking deal

Wooooow It's like I'm really talking to a fifth grader
>>
>>118346484
>>118346500
hmm, okay. Brb nyaa.

Any suggestion on where to start reading the novel from for an animefag, or should i just Game of Thrones this shit and start from the start, and grit my teeth through all the shit i already know about?
>>
>>118346476
More like practical. Using her powers leads to undesirable results with the vending machine, so kicking it is the most effective way to get just what she wants out of it.
>>
>>118346691
She's a dominatrix at heart.
>>
File: oh boy.jpg (78KB, 630x623px) Image search: [Google]
oh boy.jpg
78KB, 630x623px
Where do you guys get the novels now that bakatsuki is kill?
>>
>>118346306
Kuroko and Uiharu have abilities that may negate any side effects of being in a strong electromagnetic field. Kongou is really uptight and poised. You can wave and be nice to someone a few yards away even if they're freaking you out.

Since water is a conductor, Biribiri's ability probably just make Wannai wet.
>>
>>118346789
http://www.mediafire.com/raildexstuff
>>
>>118346628
Kuroko isn't even aware of the fact that she is not violent towards Misaki.
>>
File: 1417437551949.jpg (141KB, 800x1178px) Image search: [Google]
1417437551949.jpg
141KB, 800x1178px
>>118346828
Thanks cutie
>>
The thing is it's not that bad for thermodynamics.
Most of the time you have something that is a "thermal reservoir" which is something that changes tempeture by a negligble amount for any heat added. E.g. using a river as a heat sink for a power station.

Also the ability is for things she's in contact with, so she can't maintain an extreme tempeture, limiting her to roughly room tempeture. No advantage over air-cooled.
>>
If accelerator gets his own anime as well as manga, do we have to start referring to Raildex as "Acceleraildex" now?
>>
>>118346909
Raildexroad, accelerator is a one way road.
>>
>>118346634
Virtually every rsper can create energy from nothing, Uiharu isn't even remotely unique in this regard.

Your dime-a-dozen pyrokinetic generates energy from nothing as well.
>>
Where should I start in the novel if I saw the anime?
Is Railgun in the novel as well? Cause I read that too manga wise
>>
>>118346524
Muh heart

>>118346634
You're argument doesn't hold up in this universe, neither the science side nor magic side obeys actual scientific law

>>118346671
I think it's SS2 and then Volume 14 iirc
>>
>>118346974
forgodsakes, they're not creating energy from nothing.
For all you know they could be sapping the tiniest little bit of energy from every atom in a half-mile radius to create the crazy shit they do.
>>
>>118347035
Which would still be more effective in your fight against entropy than anything Uiharu does.
>>
What's the best order to watch raildex anyway?
I'm 20 episodes into watching them in release order.
>>
>>118346671
ss2 and volume 14 first and this http://www.mediafire.com/raildexstuff is where the novels are
>>
>>118347078
I'm not the person you're arguing with, i just have an autism-trigger for people spouting shit about energy being made from nothing.
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.