[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

naruto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 14

File: 1415151847511.jpg (166KB, 1200x834px) Image search: [Google]
1415151847511.jpg
166KB, 1200x834px
when exactly did it go so wrong? what could it have done differently that would have saved it?
>>
It could have tried to let shounen battle tropes work for the series, rather than the series working according to shounen battle tropes. Otherwise nothing, it wass just mediocre, there wasn't much to be saved.
>>
No Sasuke, Nedgy and Gaara being the most properly evil the series ever got.
Akatsuki is Nagato's bid to enforce world peace, no bullshit moon eye plan.
The Jinchuuriki play a proper role now instead of mostly getting killed off screen.
More Jiraiya.
Also someone should have gotten Kishi to actually give a fuck instead of half-assing the art and taking after the anime's QUALITY.
>>
No sasuke.
The end.
(and maybe no Sakura too)
>>
>>118326551
The Last has convinced me that she'd do okay as a somewhat rude but well-meaning older sister character.
And so long as there's no Sausage around she might just not devolve into a pile of sobbing uselessness every fucking time, perhaps even have proper goals or an actual character of her own.
>>
It would have been good if the world-building ended up at what was hinted early on, sort of a Ninja dystopia pitted against Naruto's naive optimism.
>>
>>118326397
powerlevels
look at first arc zabuzas fight was full of strategies instead of fireballs
>>
>>118326662
there were plenty of fireballs, but even those were used strategically.
And were actually fire, instead of bullshit chi stand in.
>>
>>118326662
Zabuza's ark had its own share of magic use but it all was a fair bit more grounded.
The problem isn't the existence of magic in the world or even powerlevels all that much, it is the writing getting sloppy and lazy, preferring to turn magic into a tool to excuse itself or make up reasons why things happen rather than HOW they happen rooted in an internal logic of the world.
>>
Bringing dead people back to life.
>>
File: 1413393969894.png (1012KB, 1423x1069px) Image search: [Google]
1413393969894.png
1012KB, 1423x1069px
>The silly yet heroic adventures of Jinchuriki squad
>Strong unbreakable bonds
>travel from village to village to save innocent from evil
>Every character has a home village where the story centers around them and their background(flashbacks arcs etc) each time they reach one
>4tails and 8tails teaching the others how to controll and use their bijuu powers
>Drama between squad members
>obligatory onsen episode
>B forces rest of the squad to make a rap video
>No fucking Kaguya or Madara, Akatsuki doesn't turn into a bunch of fucking scrubs that get taken out by single Jounins or Jesus genins
There, fixed that shit and made it 100X better
>>
File: 2.jpg (241KB, 1456x1059px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
241KB, 1456x1059px
>>118326397
>make a bunch of character art giving Sakura a battleaxe, which would befit her brawler style
>give everyone interesting weapons and stuff to use
>never actually give them or have them use anything but kunai and ninja magic
This is where the manga went wrong. If you have an idea you find interesting, fucking use it, don't cling to the status quo for no damn reason.
>>
File: Jinchuriki.png (684KB, 1024x592px) Image search: [Google]
Jinchuriki.png
684KB, 1024x592px
>>118326905
Wrong picture
>>
File: 1410750918102.jpg (19KB, 407x284px) Image search: [Google]
1410750918102.jpg
19KB, 407x284px
>>118326397
Yeah Naruto is shit and I hate it.

When is the movie coming here btw just for reference? [spoiler/]
>>
>>118326905
I'd read it.
>>
File: 67890-7.jpg (77KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
67890-7.jpg
77KB, 640x420px
>>118326905

You know, what Nardo should've been about in the first place.

The way the tailed beasts sounded early on made it really seem like the focus was going to shift to them eventually. But hey, let's just kill off their containers and move on right?
>>
>>118327800
The treatment and portrayal of the beasts was also inconsistent as fuck, from a malign evil force of nature hellbent on destruction to just being tsundere.
The beasts needed not only more screentime, but also proper planning out beforehand.
>>
>>118326397
Hard work vs talent should've been a much more prevalent theme.
>>
>Change Sasuke's backstory from one of emo despair to one of him just wanting to be a bad ass ninja to surpass his prodigy of a brother and Naruto because he doesn't have anything better to do. He's cocky as fuck... think more like Peter Parker type sarcasm and one liners.
>Sasuke's family and the Uchiha clan rean't killed
>Rock Lee replaces Sakura as new Team 7 member, making him an actual main character that actually does shit
>Hinata and Naruto begins a bit earlier, more interactions between them
>Guy replaces Kakashi as team 7 leader
>Lord Killer B becomes one of the main antagonists, being Orochimaru's right hand man
>Koga isn't some weak bitch nigga that doesn't do shit anymore. He now rekts shit
>Increase Ino, Hinata, Temari, and Tsunade's breast size by 30%
>decrease Sakura's tits by 45%
>>
>>118328042
That was bound to fail given that the MC had a mana battery sealed in him from birth. Unless he was to COMPLETELY ignore it and do his own shit (Sage Mode) it was always going to boil down to using the power he got from his powers.
>>
>>118327800
>at least one
Huh. Although most of the Konoha 11 are married by the end, only two of them ever get their unrequited love requited, isn't it? Just Hinata and Sakura.

ShikaTema doesn't count because there's no unrequited-ness in it.
>>
>don't make the Sharingan a bullshit deus ex machina power that can do anything the author wants. Keep it a technique-copying eye

There. Fixed the whole show
>>
>>118326514
>The Jinchuuriki play a proper role now instead of mostly getting killed off screen.

Mostly this. There was a lot of potential on this one.
>>
>>118328207
Fuck meant Kiba not Koga. Was thinking of that other wolf nigga from Inuyasha.
>>
File: Karma.png (213KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
Karma.png
213KB, 1280x640px
>>118328235

It's from an earlier interview, so I'm sure really nothing was planned out too much for the end-game marriage bit.
>>
>>118328207
>Killer B
>antagonist
The only way I could see that happen if the Cloud itself were to get into conflict with the Leaf. And eve so a sympathetic and fun one, which simply would not fly if he were one of Orochimaru's henchmen.
You just banded him with them due to their village being called Sound, didn't you.
>>
Make Sakura less of a bitch.
No love triangles of the sort.
Focus more on secondary characters.
Remove Sasuke's DARKNESS after time skip.
Make Obito final boss.
>>
>>118326905
Also, this could also work in terms of shipping.
>Shino falls for Fuu
>Hinata still lusting for Naruto
>Kiba falls for female 2-tailed Jinchuuriki

Then drama about normal humans falling for Jinchuuriki commence.
>>
>>118328684
>Kiba falls for female 2-tailed Jinchuuriki
There's a good 15-20 years age difference between them.
>>
>>118328764
That...would be kinky. Kiba trying to seduce a woman 20 years older than him.
>>
Take about 450 chapters away.
>>
>>118328844

Or, you know, make the Ninja War not basically 1/3 of your series.
>>
>>118326905
Sounds like shit.
>>
More side characters development.
The battle between Shikamaru and Temari was what got me to read this shit, even if the series went full shit just after that arc.
>>
File: Lee_Pose.png (212KB, 639x478px) Image search: [Google]
Lee_Pose.png
212KB, 639x478px
Make Rock Lee the main character.
>>
>>118329025
He's already has his show.
While it was funny, I got fed up with him near the end.
>>
>>118328764
Kiba was 15-16 when the 29 years old Yugito died. So, 13-14 years differences?
>>
>>118326397
dead people should stay dead, especially arc main villains, that was the cheapest move Kishimoto could have made. It felt like fanfiction writing from there on out.
>>
>>118329161
You mean his gag manga? I never read it. The only things I liked in Naruto were stuff which featured Lee, he was basically Naruto 2.0 and the only character which sort of kept the original meaning of the first few chapters once it became clear that "oh by the way Naruto, you're not actually an outcast talentless loser, you're actually a god and shit now."

Also his fights were always the best.
>>
>>118326662
>Implying Kaguya wasn't beat by strategie
>>
>>118326397
Less Sasuke screentime. Focus more on the side characters.
>>
>>118326397
It went wrong when Kishi's editor told him to skip the Team 7 missions he was planning and go straight to the Chuunin exam so they could establish the world in one go.

If there'd been four or five more story arcs along the lines of the Zabuza arc before the exam, maybe Sasuke and Sakura would have been more likable as a whole.
>>
>>118329795
>skip the Team 7 missions he was planning
Do we know anything about what was planned? I'm fairly curious.

Also I'd have liked to see not only mission-based development of the main trio, but an earlier introduction of at least another team from that generation, say, in a mission needing a bigger unit. Given the relatively prominent role of the Ino-Shika-Cho group would have in the exam arc, it would have been nice to see more of Team 8 for instance.

Their whole tracking gimmick would have been of interest to Sasuke who might need such skills when going after Itachi and also would have some comments on the rivaling eyehaxes and/or scent- rather than vision-based stuff. You'd have two loudmouths in Kiba and Naruto competing, Hinata could get a bit more fleshing out before being acknowledged by Naruto to show off her flaws and the effect he'd have on her and Shino and Sakura could compare in how forgotten they are.
>>
File: 5678=86.jpg (189KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
5678=86.jpg
189KB, 1280x720px
I'm just surprised how decently done the memory hoping was done in the movie, when Nardo was looking through all of Hinata's memories and such. Him coming up to this point was really pretty endearing. And it finally made him able to look at her in a different light.
>>
>>118329795

yeah, it sucks that we hardly got to see them act as a full fucking team in the entire series. Besides that arc, all we really had was filler stuff.
>>
>>118330444
Is that scene still online somewhere?
>>
>>118330444
Yeah, I actually liking that part as well.

My favourite part is pic related, where the word 'suki' and all its contexts are just repeated to hammer home to Naruto how much Hinata loved him.

Pretty darned effective.
>>
>>118330896

Kind of helps when Kishimoto isn't the only one involved in this as well. I'm just still kind of amused how overly abundant the cheese is in this movie. Never thought the final Nardo movie would be a romance one.
>>
>>118326397
Part 2 when strategy was thrown away for power levels, it is bearable till Pain arc and should have ended there, war arc was atrocious.
>>
File: 5.jpg (28KB, 387x307px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
28KB, 387x307px
>>118327800
>Me too
>>
>>118329464
Sasuke was the main thrust throughout the story everything Naruto was doing was to bring him back, he was the central focus, which was okay in the beginning but BS in later on.

Give your MC a life.
>>
File: christina-ricci.jpg (37KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
christina-ricci.jpg
37KB, 300x300px
He didn't show Sakuras family in the manga because readers wouldn't care. He believes Sakura is cute but readers disagree. Anyways He had to keep Sakura in the position of one of the 3 main charas since chap #4 that he kept trying to make her popular but to no avail. He even drew her on the model of Hollywood star photos on the vol 66 cover. The high maintenance wasn't payoff while Hinata who he didn't write much about kept gaining popularity more and more. So at some point he thought Hinata better be the heroine. If not, she should get a position close to it. that he brought her to the forefront near the end.

Neji died like a cupid for naruto and hinata. if he ever writes a series about Bolto(we all know he is writing it, plus later in the show he says he wouldn't have shown those kids for nothing), Neji will be brought up. and Orochimaru too.
>>
Sharingan being able to do whatever the plot requires it to. Remember when it was used to copy techniques?

Reviving dead people. Dragonball already proved that this was a stupid concept.
>>
File: 345-0676345.jpg (662KB, 750x1100px) Image search: [Google]
345-0676345.jpg
662KB, 750x1100px
>>118331104

Which is why whatever they do in the short series next year, they really just need to depict day to day shit rather than focusing on battles that Kishimoto can't manage well.
>>
>>118331164
>He believes Sakura is cute but readers disagree.
I thought she was designed deliberately to not be cute.
>>
>>118331203
and whats going in this neck of the woods?
>>
>>118331203
Translation someone please
>>
>>118328345
>File name

It's going to be a bitch, isn't it?
>>
>>118331164
Kishi and the people around him thought she was ugly at the start of the series and that never changed.
>>
>>118331265
>Naruto: If I'm a woman as well, Hinata won't be embarassed, right?
>Naruto: No!!
>Hinata: The Naruto from before...I'm alright with that...
>Naruto: ...Hi, Hinata...
>Naruto: You are definitely too precious!
>Hinata: Thank you, Naruto-kun...

Holy shit, most Hinata fancomic always have so many ellipses.
>>
Can we just agree that Sakura was a bad decision?

I mean considering literally every Naruto girl is better than her (and I do mean all of them) there has to be something being told to us here
>>
>>118331192
Powering it up a little bit is fine (given the genre), but not to the extent and not in the way the manga did it.
Copying, predicting movements and casting illusions were fine, at least conceptually they are connected to things eyeballs actually do. Hell I'd even give it Shusi's power of suggestion and the Tsukuyomi, those are just a powerup of the illusion angle.

Converting your eyeball into a flamethrower, having the ability to summon up a purple mecha made of chakra around yourself, phasing in and out of the planes, rewriting causality, now that's where shit got retarded very fast.
>>
>>118331359
Sakura is one of the worst characters in the history of fiction.
>>
>>118331359
She was your typical bitchy, tsundere with no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>118331392
It really makes no sense how an eye has the power to make purple chakra mecha. Flames I can sort of see the logic (you burn the things you see, that discarded theory that your eyes emit light in order to see), but the mecha thing was too much.
>>
>Sharingan is the Genjutsu eye
>Byakugan is the Taijutsu eye
>Rinnengan is the Ninjutsu eye (actually it's the whatever the fuck I want eye, but let's ignore that)
>Sharingan eventually starts doing all three for no reason

Fuck Kishi's eye bullshit
>>
>>118331405
>tsundere
She's about 5% dere to Naruto and platonically at that, and 100% sumbissive, hyper devoted dere to Sasuke.
She should have turned into a yandere when Sasuke went officially rouge and attacked the summit.
>>
>>118331359
Sakura was probably based on a Kishi's old girlfriend who dumped him and Kishi can't get over her so this is his way to get even

Or a women who hates with all his being.
>>
>>118331486
And with the Last, Byakugan now has Tenseigan, of which one of the powers is to fire astronomical objects (like moon or meteorites) at Earth. At least the name changed, so Byakugan remain the purest eye technique in the sense it's still all upgraded vision and no other bullshit.

Hyuuga best clan
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.