[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk Navies. Strictly in terms of how the ship girls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 442e3fbddf4adb032129501e592608e9.jpg (606KB, 1579x900px) Image search: [Google]
442e3fbddf4adb032129501e592608e9.jpg
606KB, 1579x900px
Let's talk Navies.

Strictly in terms of how the ship girls are presented, which one does /a/ prefer?

The "Mental Model" paradigm of Arpeggio of Blue Steel?

or

The "Personified Weapon" paradigm of Kancolle?

I very greatly prefer Arpeggio's model, but I'm sure there's more sides than my own, I wanna hear some anons' opinions.
>>
>>117840826
It's easier to ride an Arpeggio. If you tried to ride a Kancolle, you'd end up with with a family of torpedo boats in 9 months.
>>
>>117840826

The Kancolle concept is retarded honestly. The entire series would be much better if they retconned it to be more like Arpeggio.
>>
>>117841164
That's like saying the whole mecha musume thing is retarded.
>>
>>117841164
You don't understand
>>
>>117841178

Mecha Musume is fine because it doesn't go as far as Kancolle goes. Saying they're "ships" when they're clearly humans with guns strapped on. It's just fucking stupid. Maybe I have no imagination.

>>117841190

I guess I do not.
>>
>>117841269
Yes, you're dried of anything other than harsh reality
>>
I still don't know why Blue Steel character is on my McDonalds drive up window sign in fucking Kansas of all places. Is this an ad campaign about fast battleships needing fast food?
>>
>>117841269
In Japanese culture everything has a soul, even objects. Ships have souls. Kanmusu are just ship's soul reborn as girls to fight the abyss menace that has terrorized the world with fairy weaponry.
>>
>>117841307
pics or didn't happen
>>
>>117841307
If it's not Kongou, Haruna, or Kirishima (since Hiei didn't show up in the anime) in the add it's not a FBB.
>>
>>117841307

Clever. I'd buy from that McD.

>>117841308

That sounds slightly reasonable, to be honest I don't know a whole lot of Kancolle's backstory, and most of what I know comes from Hentai Doujins, so maybe that's why I find it so absurdly retarded.
>>
Arpeggio. Kancolle works as a game, the translation to anime media looks...awkward or wrong. If they made it a pure SoL or something fine, but having the weird skating battles isn't anywhere as interesting as Arpeggio.
>>
>>117841396
That's a good idea. Next time I go for some McNuggets I'm going to do that.
>>
>>117840826

Every single time the I-401 surfaces in Arpeggio I fucking come a little.

Submarines are just such majestic machines.
>>
>>117841480
The problem is that Kancolle doesn't have an established canon. The idea of the ships' souls being inside of the girls is just one interpretation, albeit probably the most plausible one. Hopefully the anime will do something similar and not establish something pants-on-head retarded.
>>
>>117840826
Looking at it more closely now, I think i would go more towards the kancolle.

I mean I can look at Nagato and see her passed the ship spirit she is. She would
be something of a normal girl to me.
(with a few exceptions)

>>117841108
I wouldnt mind raising a bunch of torpedo boats.

>>117841480
Back story isnt that big but heres a TDLR:
Deepsea fleet appears, Starts causing heavy
problems with humanity's way of living.
Then becomes a Serious threat. Skip ahead,
Equipment gets made and somehow the souls of the ships from the pass comes to life.

Only THEY can save the world. etc etc

thats it.
>>
How do you impregnate a kancolle
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.