[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The official English translation couldn't get the rights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

The official English translation couldn't get the rights to Dr Pepper?
I can clearly hear Okabe saying "Doctor Pepper." yet the only text I see is "The Doc" or "Dr P" and then I see this fucking image.
Why?
>>
Is that some kind of soylent beverage?
>>
>>117788072
I don't think the nip version had any agreement either, they just did it for shits and giggles.
>>
Hold on, I'll go ask Steiner...
>>
File: Is it a guy.jpg (155KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Is it a guy.jpg
155KB, 1024x576px
It was one of the demands that 5pb gave us.
They insisted on the following:
>Make sure the name is Luka and not Ruka (Something we were going to do anyway)
>Ensure it's Kongroo over Congroo (Something I had already been advocating for)
>Make sure it's Dr People and not Dr Pepper
>Machine translate the western version of the Future Gadget Lab website

So yeah, we complied with all those things in order to release the game.
>>
>>117791168
Eh. Not bad, I guess.

Could've been worse.
>>
>>117791168
Steiner, about the ruby text: Was it left out because it was just lost when the VN was changed to Unicode, or was it JAST not wanting it?
>>
>>117791168
>>Machine translate the western version of the Future Gadget Lab website

I like the way they think.
>>
>>117791168
>Machine translate the western version of the Future Gadget Lab website
This was a really cute idea on their part.
>>
>>117791168
I really liked the machine translation. It was cute.
>>
>>117791168

I did not know this, but the site is much more heartwarming to me now because of that.
>>
>>117792080
>>117792078
>>117791989
>>117791905
What am I missing here?
>>
>>117792126
Something cute.
>>
>>117791903
Pretty sure it was an active decision on the part of JAST, what with the referential humor involved not really making sense to a wider audience anyway.
>>
>>117792126

Go check out the site. Then you'll see.
>>
>>117792218
>>117792150
You're right
>>
>>117792126
>This Paige of English is made of efforts to expansion into west, as a making into perfect English by glorious Super Hacka with a helping of machine translation software

It's beautiful.
>>
>>117792218
Oh that's fantastic. I never got around to looking it up.
>>
>>117791168
That's actually genius.
>>
>>117792154
That stinks, a new tip would've fixed that.
>>
>>117791168

How do you know all this? I know you're a notable translator and all, but what exactly is your relationship to all this?

Inb4:

>being this new
>kill yourself
>>
File: explode.gif (15KB, 71x100px) Image search: [Google]
explode.gif
15KB, 71x100px
>>117792309

Really, all it's missing are a couple rows of gifs to keep the user focused and on edge.
>>
>>117792465
>It was one of the demands that 5pb gave us.
>us
This should tell you.
>>
>>117792465
>being this new
>kill yourself

Steiner was the editor for the official release.
>>
>>117792465
He was on the translation team for the Steins;Gate VN.
>>
>>117792469

Christ, this would be perfect. Get some of those early 2000s html gifs, maybe some clipart.
>>
>>117792510
Now we're just describing http://penguin-empire.com/
>>
>>117792595

Thanks for the laugh.
>>
>>117791168
I see, I noticed the Luka thing but it doesn't bother me any.
I didn't even notice the Kongroo/Congroo difference.
But the Dr Pepper change really ticked me off for whatever reason.
>>
>>117792741

I always figured it was a copyright issue or something along the lines of advertising rights.
>>
>>117792500
>>117792503

Awfully nice of him to keep people on here informed. I thought he was just an avid fan.
>>
>>117792813
I still can't stand to hear "Doctor Pepper!" and see something completely different.
I don't know why they'd object to the free advertisement.
Dr Pepper became my favorite soda thanks to the anime.
>>
If I liked the anime should I "play" the VN?
>>
>>117792950
Why not?
I'm doing right now, it's been just over a year since I watched the anime and I'm enjoying myself.
>>
>>117792950
Of course. You get a bunch of different routes and they're all interesting and rewarding to explore.

Except for Lukas, fuck his route.
>>
>>117792893
Yeah, he's a big fan that translates a ton of side material for us and keeps us up to date on SciADV news.
>>
>>117792950
Well I don't know, do you want the full, uncut story? Do you have time? Do you have money to support the official release? If it's at least two of those, then do it.
>>
Why can't you buy S;G VN on steam?
>>
>>117792939

Odd, considering Dr. Pepper really could use the exposure. I want every supermarket to have "Dr. Pepper" as it's own category of drink in the drinks isle.

M-me too.

>>117792950

Absolutely. It goes much more in depth than the anime, and is very enjoyable.
>>
>>117793082
They're not allowed to as part of their contract.
>>
>>117792939
>I don't know why they'd object to the free advertisement.
Because they don't want to be associated with something that they don't have enough clout over to control. If there's anything that becomes media grade objectionable, the constant use of their brand would be harmful to them by association.
>>
>>117793082
I keep getting achievements for just reading the VN, why?
I looked up to see if it's on steam, nope.
What are these achievements for?
How am I supposed to brag that I watched Kurisu die?
>>
>>117793220
Steins;Gate was original on the Xbox 360 and microsoft REQUIRE you to add achivements. They had to cram them in there in order for Microsoft to allow the game to be released on the 360.

When porting to the PC they decided that they may as well just keep the achievements in it.
>>
Oh BTW, look forward to the next chapter of Eigou Kaiki no Pandora soon. I'm gonna typeset it tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
>>
>>117793341

Looking forward to it. Thanks for finally getting to it.
>>
Guys guys, JAST USA is having a week-long sale due to their site redesign (which includes the ability to download instantly after purchase). The digital version of Steins;Gate is only $22.49! http://www.jastusa.com/catalog/product/view/id/346/category/10

J-List also has a new "Best Edition" (which I assume just means a slightly different package) for $29.99. http://www.jlist.com/product/SG001A

If you haven't bought it yet, show your support and give it a read!

inb4 people accuse me of being Peter Payne
>>
>>117793919
>Buying a Visual Novel
Kek.
>>
>>117794172
Is it so horrible of me to want 5pb. to officially support localizations of more Science Adventure games? Especially for those that are only on consoles, which have little to no chance of fan translation.
>>
>>117788072
Dr. pepper is called Dokutā Peppā (ドクター ペッパー) in Japan
Okabe said Dokutoru Peppā (ドクトル ペッパー) to avoid trademark infringement
>>
Dr. Pepper truly is the drink of intellectuals.
>>
File: CHOICEOFSTEINS;GATE.jpg (64KB, 600x1086px) Image search: [Google]
CHOICEOFSTEINS;GATE.jpg
64KB, 600x1086px
>>117794740

The real question is, are you a brave man?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.