[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why male friendship is so idealize on anime & manga while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

File: SakuraIno_First_Meeting.jpg (15KB, 400x305px) Image search: [Google]
SakuraIno_First_Meeting.jpg
15KB, 400x305px
Why male friendship is so idealize on anime & manga while female friendship doesn't mean shit?
Even when 2 close male friends become bitter enemies, it's treated as a tragedy and a self-destructive cycle while 2D females disregard years of friendship for a local hottie, especially on female-aimed media.
>>
>>117467042
Mangaka and japanese men don't know shit about women, and can't write realistic female relationships for shit. They aren't really interested in 3D women anyways, it's easier to just make any shit you think it fits and call it a day.
>>
Realism
>>
Because the plot inevitably gets dragged into yuri bait.
>>
>>117467137
>Mangaka and japanese men don't know shit about women
Women constantly stab each other on shoujo/josei, often for a hot douchebag
>>
>>117467042
That's how male and female relationships work...or so I've seen.
>>
Because girls are usually pretty shitty friends.

Female friends are way more likely to backstab eachother and talk shit behind each others backs.
>>
>>117467311
>>117467318
>stereotyping
>misogyny
Sugoi /a/
>>
>>117467390
>Sugoi
Sasuga Reddit
>>
>>117467311
It goes both ways. Guy's friendships disintegrate over fighting for pussy. In media you get two guys fighting for one girl very often as well.
>>
because you watch anime for manchildren made by manchildren
>>
>>117467042
Bros over hoes is more interesting in the long run.
>>
>>117467042
Because people who write anime/manga have very little IRL contact and just regurgitate the same trite shit they read in others people work, that regurgitates shit.
>>
Because animes are gay

Anime guys actually want to fuck each other

Animem girls know this but are straight and so they will stop at nothing to convince a guy to bang them
>>
>>117467458
Shoujo mangakas are womanchildren
>>
>>117467390
Fuck off back to tumblr where your kind belongs.
>>
File: 1388623492540.png (9KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1388623492540.png
9KB, 500x250px
>>117467042
I don't understand what you are asking for OP? Are you looking for an anime with female characters that have a male-like friendship? Or are you looking for the anime version of sex in the city?
>>
>>117467536
Go back to lurking. Or better yet, >>>/out/
>>
Goddamn yurifags have poisoned my mind and now it's nearly impossible to see girls in a platonic relationship. Like Sayaka and Kyouko.
>>
Bitches and whores
>>
>>117467536
>animes
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/out/
>>
File: BoysOverFlowers.jpg (21KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
BoysOverFlowers.jpg
21KB, 300x225px
>>117467497
The audience love to see the same shit over and over again, not only the estereotypical otaku.
>>
>>117467662
Sayaka and Kyouko are lesbian as hell for each other.

If you want to see platonic friendship between girls, watch Lucky Star or K-ON! You know, something without any yuri overtones.
>>
>>117467042

Bromance is gonna lead to easier stuff to write most of the time. The Mangaka might just be better at writing Males and that wouldn't be too hard to understand. What Women want in most relationships can be drastically different from what Men expect.

Besides that, one guy overcoming his troubles with sheer guts is manliness, which is a trait important to a hell of a lot of guys. Two guys overcoming their troubles with a fist bump and a 'Got your back' is an inspirational tale worth telling to children. Two Women doing the same thing is cool but not as important to other Women it seems. Different genders, different types of adversities, different values.

Which is also ignoring that women can be spiteful as fuck to other Women and that just, apparently, gets seen as normal conflict between them. Some guy NTRs another guy? Many onlookers see the guy stealing the girl away as an asshole. Some girl NTRs another girl? Onlookers are giving the guy caught between two vaginas fistbumps behind the scenes and nobody gets as pissed at the Homewrecker as they did the Playboy. Hell, the very concept of a Homewrecker is probably even appealing to some of the same guys who think NTR is a shit fetish.

You want realistic female relationships then you ought to just ask your sister/cousin/whatever about the last time her clique at school pissed her off. Odds are the story she'll tell you will sound like a shitty anime plot anyway.
>>
>>117467967
Is there really such thing? K-ON and Lucky Star both have a lot of yuri undertones. Honestly, no shows without a male main character doesn't have yuri undertones.
>>
female friendship is so common it has no novelty

whereas it's hard to portray male friendship without it being "too gay"
>>
I'm honestly not sure I believe your opening statement, OP. Fuck even in Naruto (since it's your example) there's Sasuke.

Friends backstabbing and betraying each other is a popular dramatic device. If there's a gendered breakdown in who does it I haven't noticed - guys can be perfectly shitty friends too.
>>
/a/ has more males so there are more yurishippers than yaoi fangirls here

whereas female friendships will be written as "they want to fuck" all male friendships will too, just not on /a/. (try /cm/, tumblr, /y/, livejournal, etc.)
>>
>>117469457
this, of course, is one of the reasons why most of /a/ doesn't venture to other anime boards.
>>
>>117468031
>Hell, the very concept of a Homewrecker is probably even appealing to some of the same guys who think NTR is a shit fetish.

Obligatory Setsuna a shit.
>>
File: 1265086443900.jpg (171KB, 420x600px) Image search: [Google]
1265086443900.jpg
171KB, 420x600px
I've never noticed this before, but now that you've mentioned it I find myself struggling to come up with any examples of a strong and persevering female friendship. I'll I can think of is Ritsu and Mio, but their characters are pretty shallow and there isn't much substance to their relationship.
>>
>>117467042
When I was 12 and loved Naruto I remember being really taken by Sakura and Ino's relationship. Did they stay sisses?
>>
ITT: Naruto fans
>>
>>117469817
More or less.
>>
>>117467137
What are you talking about? i have see that happening in real life two good old female friends turning enemys beacuse some random shit.
>>
>>117470299
Oh yeah? Well, you're a Fairy Tail fan.
>>
>>117470717
Not the one postin fairy fail pics narutard
>>
>>117467318
Truth that.
I was in the gym yesterday and I remember overhearing girls talking shit about each other behind their backs while pretending friendship when together.
It is impressive how women can't really get along with each other, especially if one of them is better in some way than the other. It is like they only know envy. I suppose in Japan this must be even worse.
>>
>>117467042
>Even when 2 close male friends become bitter enemies, it's treated as a tragedy and a self-destructive cycle while 2D females disregard years of friendship for a local hottie, especially on female-aimed media.
What? I've seen plenty of 'friendship is super important' stuff for both genders in anime.
>>
>>117470987
OP is a Naruto fan

they tend not to watch that much anime, mostly just battle shounens

battle shounens tend to only have their females in the background, so naturally their friendships aren't important
>>
>>117471045
Makes sense.
>>
>>117467042
*tips fedora*
>>
>>117469656
I would say most shoujo fem lead + best friend are like that, the problem is shoujo anime is a small part and the rest of the stuff we get doesn't focus on friendship between girls in a dynamic context, it's basically harems (where there is no friendship) and SoL (where there aren't many things to test a friendship).
>>
File: [yuri intensifies].jpg (271KB, 1590x1140px) Image search: [Google]
[yuri intensifies].jpg
271KB, 1590x1140px
>>117467042
Maybe you should watch more than shounenshit
>>
>>117467042
Because girls are shallow and will backstab each other for whatever reason. They will also cheat the beta for alpha dick.
>>
File: Themoreyouknow[1].jpg (123KB, 561x370px) Image search: [Google]
Themoreyouknow[1].jpg
123KB, 561x370px
Men and women are different.
>>
There's is an entire genre of shows where girls are doing nothing but being friends with each other.
>>
>>117467042
You know that female-aimed is also female-created media, right? I think all the shoujo authors writing about people wanting to be the handsome alpha's housewife and wanting nothing but sex and housewifery are writing about legitimate people. A woman I know quit her job as soon as she got married, saying working is horrible.
>>
File: Aoharaido v01 c02 - 045.png (63KB, 754x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Aoharaido v01 c02 - 045.png
63KB, 754x1200px
>>117471378
>>
>>117467042
Because girls are incapable of friendship
>>
>>117471475
Nope. They're different. Outliers are outliers.
>>
>>117471120
I haven't watched a ton of shoujo, but from the sample I've seen it seems like 90% of the time the lead girls are friendless outcasts. At the most they seem to have one male friend.
>>
>>117471505
>>117471378
Women experts right here.
>>
File: 1385011268163.jpg (302KB, 900x743px) Image search: [Google]
1385011268163.jpg
302KB, 900x743px
>>
File: 1404162093771.jpg (101KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1404162093771.jpg
101KB, 500x501px
>we want equal rights and treatment!
>except we still want to be catered to and not have to be financially responsible for anything!
>also, any man that hits a womyn should get his testicles clipped off!
>I am a feminist!
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.