[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are all JP adolescents so insightful and deep, constantly speaking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: p3o8.jpg (463KB, 700x1130px) Image search: [Google]
p3o8.jpg
463KB, 700x1130px
Are all JP adolescents so insightful and deep, constantly speaking in metaphors?

I don't remember having an existential crisis at the age of 14.

Why do animes do this?
>>
Wow it's almost like fictional characters have interesting lives for the sake of being entertaining for us.
What a crazy thought.
>>
>>117200356
This. She's also dying and has known it for a long time, so she's not really a typical teenager.
>>
>>117200256
>I don't remember having an existential crisis at the age of 14.
Most people do at around that age though.

Did you even properly emancipate yourself from your parents?
>>
>>117200256
No. But all japanese girls have huge wide red mouths like the Joker.
>>
>>117200256
>insightful and deep
I think you mean "pretentious and shallow". And yes, all teens are like that.
>>
>>117200256

I sure did.
>>
>>117200256
>>117200256

So, were you just stupid?
>>
>serious replies to the guy who said animes
>>
I don't know, I keep seeing people whine about that, and while it might be a stretch for middle school, I've never seen an anime that presented high school kids as more mature than people in my school were.
>>
>>117200409
ehhhhhhh?
>>
>>117201222
WELCOME TO THE NEW /A/.
NICE DUBS
>>
What kind of weirdo doesn't have suicidal thoughts and a detailed plan to do it by 14?
>>
>>117203450
She dies after they realize they love each other. Chronic disease since young
>>
I'm more annoyed at shows that portray characters who are supposed to be in their 20s-40s who either act like teenagers or soul-crushed salarymen, no inbetween.
>>
it also bugs me that generally in anime there is one insightful character who seems to know all the answers and have a wealth of experience even though they haven't even left puberty yet

but in the case of shigatsu uso I think these guys are just spouting bullshit they read in a book or think they're cool for reading poems and philosophy books

a common trait among young kids

they'll probably be looking back at their younger selves and cringe at the shit they used to say
>>

Are you fucking joking?
That's the age when you're supposed to experience them.
>>
do you think somewhere on jap 2ch there are also people asking if america is really like in Simpsons and Family Guy, or is it just you who's so stupid, OP ?
>>
>>117206424
Japan says the only time you can enjoy life is highschool.
>>
>>117200256
I dropped this show halfway through episode two.

Do the characters start becoming insightful and deep after that?
>>
File: 1378957053410 (1).jpg (120KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1378957053410 (1).jpg
120KB, 500x400px
Don't forget that Japanese have an average iq that is at least 20% higher that that of whites, so it's normal for them to reach an understanding of the world in their early teens that starts to challenge their sense of self. Westerners don't reach this stage before late teens or early twenties, if at all.
>>
File: grin cat.gif (798KB, 298x139px) Image search: [Google]
grin cat.gif
798KB, 298x139px
>>117206318
I knew this anime was too good to be true. Also spoiler that shit.
>>
>>117200869
I'm pretty sure that I didn't hold cheesy inner monologues like glasses kun does.
>>
>>117209022
>average iq that is at least 20% higher that that of whites

Bullshit. Goddamned bullshit. This is bait.
>>
>>117209022
the weeb is strong in this one >>>/jp/
>>
>>117209873
Well, then 10-15%. You know it's true.
There is no way they could have the kind of complex yet harmonious culture that they have if they were merely at the level of europeans in terms of intelligence.
>>
>>117206466
Just because you and your autist friends did doesn't mean EVERYONE does. I can tell you right now 80% of the people in my family haven't had one. It's really not as common as you think.
>>
>>117200256
It's almost like... *gasp* it's intentional! Intentionally florid dialogue, and gorgeous set pieces. Remember that guy, Shakespeare? He did the same thing! Kimi no Uso never pretends to be more than a stage play. It is incredible.
>>
>>117209873
I dunno man , have you met some of us?
>>
>>117210315
>*gasp*
Fuck off.
>>
File: tips.jpg (4KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
tips.jpg
4KB, 213x237px
>>117210435
pic related its you
>>
File: AverageIQ-Map-World.png (47KB, 1350x625px) Image search: [Google]
AverageIQ-Map-World.png
47KB, 1350x625px
>>117209022
He's right

However I'm pretty sure there's more to what people deem "intellect" than just iq
>>
>>117210098
This.
Are the peole who experienced this were those guys who sit in the corner away from everyone pretending theyr 2deep4you?
>>
>>117209022
>Japanese have an average iq that is at least 20% higher that that of whites
Intelligence has nothing to do with existential crises. Such a thing is only a sign of a weak psyche nothing more. The only thing it proves is that asians are prone to depression and suicide.
>>
>>117210623
This is the kind of post where you should really check your spelling bro
>>
>>117210623
>Are the
Were the*
>>
>>117210594
>Botswana
>Australia
>>
>>117210486
No really, fuck off newfag.
>>
>>117210730
SHUT UP MOTHERFUCKER IM NOT NEW IVE BEEN HERE SINCE MY 18TH BIRTHDYA
>>
>>117210594
What the fuck Australia?
>>
>>117210623
I suspect so. That or they're trolling or still trying to come off as 2deep4u. What kind of kid is reading hardcore philosophy at that early an age? The fuck.
>>
>>117210730
>taking the bait
>>
>>117210880
Aboriginals, mate
>>
>>117210974
No, they're three percent of Australia's total population. I need a real reason. Is it the convict thing?
>>
>>117211227
I think the map shows the IQ of the indigenous peoples, not the actual current population.
>>
>>117211310
This. I sauced it.
>>
File: embarassed.gif (301KB, 350x464px) Image search: [Google]
embarassed.gif
301KB, 350x464px
>>117200256

>not having an existential crisis throughout your teenage years

Am I seriously the only guy that did this? Whenever I talk to people about this they have no idea what I'm talking about or say it should come int my 40s.
>>
>>117211660
No, pretty much everyone does and then laughs at it later on.
People who never went through one in their teenage yours aren't fully mentally developed and never will be.
>>
>>117210880
It's Destrado and all the australian shitposters from /int/.
>>
File: smoking.jpg (47KB, 287x326px) Image search: [Google]
smoking.jpg
47KB, 287x326px
>>117211660

Okay. I thought I was a freak for a second.

>inb4 you're posting on 4chan
I know, but more of a freak than usual.
>>
>>117200356
The thing is there are many other, better dramas that are written in ways that don't have characters come off as pretentious/much older than their age.
>>
i had my existential crisis when i was 9 and edgy didnt exist
>>
>>117200256
I do.
>>
>>117211660
I did, I just cut my hair different for a while and listened to a lot of music.
>>
>>117211660
I did. I stopped going to school for 2 years around 13-14, suffered from depression and contemplated suicide all the time. Nowadays I look back at it and laugh, wasted tons of education because I was afraid people found me unattractive.
>>
Japanese culture is filled with constant reaffirmation of life's transience, so even if anime/manga/LNs/VNs present a skewed view where every adolescent is a wizened philosopher, it isn't outrageous to think real-life kids at that age have some sense for looking at the future.

It's well known that for the Japanese, their best years are up through high school and everything after that is a grind with few simple pleasures and living through their kids. In 'murika at least, retirement is almost better than childhood/adolescence if you aren't sick by then.

When I was 14, all I could think about was Pokemon, Harry Potter, and sex. Nobody I knew (not even pets) died, my family was well-off, and teachers constantly praised my ability to exceed minimum education standards. Shit was so cash. Times are worse now, but I'm happy I didn't have to grow up too quickly. I wouldn't have been mentally prepared for some major event like a death when I was 14.
>>
>>117210594

>100
>105
>somehow 20% higher

And you're intelligent, right? Thought asians were good at math?
>>
Everyone in this show is too melodramatic for me, but I guess I should blame "no-fun" japanese culture for that.
>>
That remind me of Goodnight punpun.

Man, I should take some courage to finish punpun but fuck it, not like good thing will happens in manga. I just dont want tp suffer anymore.
>>
>>117211412
So, all of America is actually about indians in that map? Seriously, who thought this would be a good idea? Who want to know the IQ of fucking redskins?
>>
Its just their culture, they need to plan their future when they are in middle school, if you aren't in a good high school you can't enter in a good university, their future and careers choices are determined in how they do in middle school, unlike the rest of the world, where you can fuck up your entire school life but you still can enter in a good university. The entire society, family and teachers expect to you choose something when you are just an adolescent.
>>
>>117213078
Let's talk about suicide rates. I think there is no connection at all between these two issues.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.