[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

With all the arguing that is going on about the most recent Inou

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 612
Thread images: 51

With all the arguing that is going on about the most recent Inou Battle episode, I just hope that people watching the show don't discount how great a job was done in acting the scene by the VA. Hell, the entire scene was just really nicely executed.

All this has really made me think about is, has anyone ever felt that a scene or a voice acting job was just above the rest even for just one scene? I haven't really thought about it until now because voice actors are usually discussed based on a role and not specific instances. It wasn't just the VA job either, but the direction of the scene as well.

Any other examples you can come up with /a/?
>>
File: gramnm.png (47KB, 603x257px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gramnm.png
47KB, 603x257px
>>117107014
You ready for this OP? It apparently was only done in one take, too, pic related.

I agree that it was well acted but the scene itself was melodramatic and I don't get everyone's fascination.
>>
Just saw a video of that scene earlier, looks like I'll be picking this up.

>>117107014
>Any other examples you can come up with /a/?
Gon, Killua, and that guy who went bald in the Chimera Ant Arc.
>>
File: 111666.jpg (38KB, 287x499px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
111666.jpg
38KB, 287x499px
>>117107230

>pick up a chuuni harem turd for one good scene
>>
Too bad her performance will go unnoticed because the industry gives awards to the most popular seiyuus rather than the ones that actually do their jobs well.
>>
>>117107329
Because the character seems interesting.
>>
File: Saori1.jpg (29KB, 315x236px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Saori1.jpg
29KB, 315x236px
>>117107350
Well Kana Hana has been pretty low key this year...Maybe it's finally her time to shine.

She's my favorite female VA currently.
>>
>>117107185
Not only one take...one unrehearsed take.
>>
More /jp/ than /a/, but If anyone here has played Ar Tonelico Qoga, the scene where Cocona tells Mute what happened to her father is just as brilliantly done. I'm pretty sure the seiyuu was actually crying while saying the lines.
>>
>>117107185
It was melodramatic and really sort of out of place in a show like this, but that kind of added to the effect for me. I'm more surprised than fascinated which may be clouding my judgement.

What I am trying to get at here, though, is that I really can't remember the last time a seiyuu's job on a scene was discussed or praised. for example, the award given to Nobuhiko for his job as Accelerator was because of his overall act as the character and that was what was brought up in threads. I would actually like if specific scenes were discussed.
>>
Kyon.jpg
>>
>>117107397

She is, but you'll just be that much more disappointed when she gets sidelined and forgotten again in favor of the shitty tsundere main girl.
>>
>>117107014
Gon's VA really went all out in episodes 116 and 130
>>
>>117107185
melodramatic really? I thought it was perfect, the pacing of the episode until that point, the foreshadowing scenes, the realism of the scene, everything. It was really well executed.
>>
>>117107549
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7XzqHs_Qrs

Killua's breakdown was incredibly done as well
>>
>>117107185
hayamin must have some repressed discontent with chuuni or something to have pulled it off
>>
Anyone have the webum link? I'm on lunch break at work and would love to watch it again.
>>
>>117107568
The foreshadowing was absolutely minimal which is why feels so out of place.
>>
>>117107698

http://a.pomf.se/nclxts.webm
>>
>>117107014
I agree it was really good, didn't come off as forced either. The whole scene was just really well done in general.
>>
>>117107703
People just snap sometimes, anon.
>>
>>117107698
Real one here
http://a.pomf.se/qyxrtf.webm
Disregard >>117107823
>>
So which girl do the elevens like the most?
>>
>>117107350
Saori is well known though.
>>
File: 1381353306481.png (309KB, 663x464px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1381353306481.png
309KB, 663x464px
>>117107436
>Well Kana Hana has been pretty low key
>>
>>117107823
Thanks!
>>
This shows had some really great scenes, first beautiful lover and now Hatoko's breakdown too.
>>
File: Gon-san and tears.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Gon-san and tears.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>117107549
What's even better is that his VA is a woman
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geh0ukVRBC8
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oqKpO9aMx4
>>
>>117108124
>What's even better is that his VA is a woman
It's common knowledge that women are better VAs than men.
>>
>>117107185
Strong emotion, lengthy part. One take. The laid back and fun character who is all smiles and joy suddenly bursting into treats. It's very nice.
>>
Yeah this is the best autism impression I've seen in anime, well done.
>>
>>117108101
>first beautiful lover
Haven't seen this series, this referring to Mirei or something? Seems like Anons have been disappointed with the other characters though.
>>
File: 1413347605268.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413347605268.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
>>117108310

Whatever her name was yes.
>>
It was good, but I don't know how it compares to any of Chiwa Saito's breakdowns.
>>
>>117108375
Name some in particular.
>>
File: Fucking Sugita.jpg (29KB, 500x281px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Fucking Sugita.jpg
29KB, 500x281px
>>117108180
I actually prefer male VA's
Especially the old men like Jouji Nakata, Rikiya Koyama, Fumihiko Tachiki and Wakamoto
>>
Yeah, the VA did a pretty damn good job in that scene.
>>
>>117108374
>>117108101


Still graceful lover m8
>>
File: T_T.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
T_T.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>117108445
Homura when she's asked to euthanize Madoka.
Subaru seeing her sister's broken body.
Anita after pic related.
>>
>>117108018
>>
>>117107014
Why is this one scene out of an otherwise mediocre adaptation of a mediocre LN such a hot topic right now?
>>
>>117107436
Hana kana has a good voice and knows how to act, too bad she is always typecasted as the submissive loli that says oniichan
>>
>>117109012
Because it's AOTS
>>
>>117109012
Because people think lots of emotion is somehow the same thing as good writing.
>>
>>117109012
Outstanding performance that deserves praise, the people that watch the show are discussing the content of the speech and the situation around it
>>
>>117109012
Because you love buzzwords.
>>
Aoi Yuuki for my goddess forever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GrrtSvO7hk
>>
>>117109012
Because a mediocre adaptation doesn't equal a bad show
>>
>>117109012
Same thing happens whenever a powerful scene comes up in any show.
>>
People aren't really taking into context whats she's actually shitting on in that scene. It's all a meta takedown on everything that makes LNs shit.
>>
File: SemenDetective.jpg (132KB, 789x689px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
SemenDetective.jpg
132KB, 789x689px
To be honest Inou is pretty good for how shitty it is. Has this made-with-love feeling to it.
>>
>>117109232
How is it a mediocre adaptation?
>>
>>117108533

So it is, I'm terrible with names.
>>
I don't know how shitty the LN is but the anime was consistently really entertaining since the beginning, it's surprisingly interesting and the MC is unusually great. So no, you might not like it but it's not

>>117109012
mediocre
>>
>>117109242
>chunnyshit only exist in LNs
>implying /a/'s most discussed show this season isn't chunny as all fuck.

Retard
>>
>>117109672
Did you reply to the right post buddy?
>>
>>117109242
> on everything that makes LNs shit
What she said wasn't limited to LN's, anime, or japanese media for that matter.
Reminder that normalfags also love edgy shit and actually often only read/watch edgy stories.
>>
>>117109242
But it's funny when people use her arguments against real people, like Fatefags.
>>
>>117109863
It's funny how there's faggots who never even watched this show shitting on it now, constantly comparing it's fans with fatefags.
>>
File: 79.gif (681KB, 800x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
79.gif
681KB, 800x800px
>>117107014
Mai Nakahara as Mai is one of her best roles.
But it really showed during the episode where Mai went into a rage.

I don't have the gif for it sadly.
>>
>>117109780
You can apply it to whatever, but it was about fantasy LNs specifically. The entire series is somewhat of a response to generic fantasy LNs.
>>
>>117109935
It's not that people are shitting on this show, just that they're applying what she says to other things.
>>
>>117109944
Well, yeah.
The author's next work better not be generic
>>
>>117107014
Triggerfags like you are really obnoxious.
>>
>>117110409
Not talking about Trigger though. Just trying to spur discussion to talk about other studios/shows/VAs. This isn't about Trigger or the show, but more about trying to bring up a different type of discussion.
>>
>>117110409
>Make one thread
>Xfags like you are really obnoxious!
Fuck off
>>
>>117107436
This is the only sensible thing that you ever posted. She's my favourite too, and it's nice to see her getting more popular. I hope she turns into the next Hanakana just so I can hear her in 21 shows per season, and not just in roles where she dies in the first five episodes.
>>
>>117110409
Nice reading comprehension.
>>
File: you.webm (2MB, 640x360px)
you.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>117110409
Where the hell do you see anything about Trigger in the OP? It's commending a voice actor for an excellent performance, which has nothing to do with Trigger. Here's a Trigger webm just for you, though.
>>
>>117110831
Not defending that faggot, but this scene is constantly discussed since yesterday in continous 800 posts threads. Not that I mind it.
>>
>>117109012
It felt VERY real, and the performance was absolutely stunning
>>
>>117108374
Best girl
>>
>>117110950
Am I stupid? I just now noticed that Ryuuko had life fibers in her eyes.
>>
>>117111048
>very real
No it didn't. Being well done doesn't mean real.
>>
>>117107880
>tfw your mom gives the same speech to you every year
>>
>>117107662
She just got off of voicing Miyuki Shiba this year which was basically 2 cours of her having to sing the praises of everything wrong with LN writing. I would imagine that Hatoko's snap was at least somewhat personally cathartic for her.
>>
File: 1331752295303.jpg (35KB, 493x387px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1331752295303.jpg
35KB, 493x387px
>>117111212
Amazing
>>
>>117107014
I dropped this show after ep2. Now I'm considering picking it up again...
>>
>>117111113
>a woman with pent up anxiety over years of complacency from the love of her life finally snaps and storms out
That's as real as it gets mate
>>
>>117111298
Don't bother it's absolute shit.
>>
>>117111298
Not worth it.
>>
>>117109012

It's a pretty great adaptation, but the LN does seem rather mediocre. The author should be very thankful to Trigger.
>>
>>117111298
It's funny if you don't take it more seriously than you should, which most of /a/ does.

The scene being discussed is a rare moment when you should actually take the shift in tone at face value.
>>
>>117111212
Holy shit. It all makes sense now.
>give VAs intentionally shitty, one-dimensional characters in winter/summer
>for hyped shows with lots of emotion, give those VAs the starring roles in spring/fall
>>
>>117107662
She must hate Sugita very much
>>
File: 1398176432133.jpg (49KB, 407x385px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1398176432133.jpg
49KB, 407x385px
>>117109256
Has Trigger saved anime for real this time? With a LN adaptation?
>>
>>117111298
If it stays the course I can say that it will easily be the best thing Trigger has ever animated (including the stuff they did while they were still with Gainax).
>>
How many eps should I watch if I just want a good dose of Mirei? Don't want to bother with the eps where she gradually fades away.
>>
>>117111485
I'm going to assume (and hope) you're not being serious.
>>
>>117111495
The first 2 episodes I think? People really do overrate her.
>>
>>117111485
Turning Girls > Inferno Cop > Inou > Kill le Kill
>>
>>117108374
Every time I open her image my screen is just too bright to look at it. Fascinating.
>>
>>117111514
100% serious, why would I lie about that?

KLK was mediocre and so was TTGL, LWA was ok.
>>
It might have just been me, but this scene felt really poetic. Like she was spouting out some angry poetry or something, instead of just angry ranting. It added a whole lot to my enjoyment of the scene.
>>
>>117111298
Do it. Last 4 (5?) episodes were amazing.
>>
>>117107703
Minimal? EP5 ended with a very obvious note. And this episode itself turned the cringe and the awkwardness to the max before the snap.

This is why you kids need to pay attention to any anime that has any trace of good writing.
>>
>>117111609
Well okay, you're entitled to your minority opinion.
>>
>>117111609
Wow it should be against the law to have taste this shitty. What the fuck does TTGL have to do with Trigger? That was Gainex LWA was the best to come out trigger with Inferno cop and KLK being the worst because only normalfags would like that shit. Inou battle is boring with the only good moments being blue and white losing their shit.
>>
>>117111298

It's really a pretty fun show. Andou is a great MC and the characters are all interesting. If the show wasn't doing much for you after e2, though, I don't know that you'd enjoy it. Not much has changed.

Next episode will likely mark the shift in tone with some actual fighting, though.
>>
File: 1413406659401.png (651KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413406659401.png
651KB, 1280x720px
>>117111568
But she is best girl, anon-kun.
>>
>>117111449
Poor sugita
>>
>>117111739
>inferno cop being the worst
kill yourself
>>
>>117111568
>People really do overrate her.

Nah, she was great in episodes 1 and 2 and her power is hilarious for fucking with people. I'm really hoping she helps shit on at least one of Accelerator's gang of faggots.
>>
>>117111609
>you're entitled to your minority opinion.

Because ad populum has always been the rule of law on /a/ right?

KLK is a mixed bag of reactions at best and TTGL isn't nearly as well-received as the people who are still living in 2007 want to believe.

But that's fine. I wasn't my intention to be passive-aggressive toward people who enjoyed their other works. I'm simply happy that they have finally made something that I can enjoy.
>>
>>117111212
I guess it's a stupid question but how good should I speak moon to be able to follow things like what is happening with her? I mean radio shows, tv shows or whatever media source that is not anime. Do these get subs?
>>
>>117111932

They really are doing a great job adapting this. I know the show hasn't been doing too well in popularity over in moonland, so hopefully the explosion of this episode gives it a bump over there as well.
>>
>>117111739
>What the fuck does TTGL have to do with Trigger?
>That was Gainex

It should be against the law to be this stupid.For someone that presumably likes Trigger you sure don't seem to know much about them.
>>
>>117107014
>arguing
I know you people from Inou thread are weird, but what. What is there to argue? Yeah, Saori is amazing, so what? Is it because of what she said?
>>
>>117107329
>>117108290
>>117109012
>>117111351
>>117111330
So many self-inserting faggots taking the scene personally.

Finally an author speaks against the generic bullshit that is light fantasy LNs. We should be celebrating this as much as OreGairu at least.
>>
>>117112103
Some people think what she did was wrong while others think it was justified.
>>
>>117111799
Only if you promise to kill yourself first.
>>117112088
Their an anime studio. that's all I need to know.
>>
>>117112194
bate
>>
>>117112150
>one good scene makes an anime good and watchable
>>
>>117112150
>the generic bullshit that is light fantasy LNs
Why are so many LNs light fantasy anyway? Is it the go-to content for writers who can't write real novels?
>>
>>117112194
An anime studio is not a fucking computer software.
The people in that anime studio worked only on TTGL and Panty&Stocking, shit that didn't exist when GAINAX was the god of anime back in 1998.
>>
>>117112150
Am I trolled here badly? I thought people here look down on childish behaviour like chuunism. It's basically the same that narutofags do and you always hated that. Now anons defend it? What the fuck?
>>
>>117112249
>Is it the go-to content for writers who can't write real novels?

Pretty much.

If you aren't good enough at writing to write novels and you're not good enough at drawing to draw manga then you write LNs. Fantasy (mainly contemporary or near future fantasy) is the most popular setting among the main consumer of LNs being middle-highschool aged males.
>>
File: 1337251504418.jpg (242KB, 800x578px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1337251504418.jpg
242KB, 800x578px
>>117111750

>Tfw i actually looked that this...
>>
>>117112249
The very flexible mechanics behind any given magic system that these LN have allow the author to have a baby-easy way to inject character growth and to play with the power balance as much as they want.

It also makes action scenes a given. Which will look appealing if they get lucky with the sales and a capable animation studio gets contracted for an adaptation.
>>
>>117112216
There were many scenes like this. That showed how self-aware the author was about the genre.
For example, how Andou gave the girls some rules about the taboo use of their powers.
The loli can create life if she wants. That other girl can bring back the dead if she wants.
THE FACT THAT THEY CAN, it's disturbing in on itself.
>>
File: reallys.png (898KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
reallys.png
898KB, 1920x1080px
>>117109086
>too bad she is always typecasted as the submissive loli that says oniichan
You what?
>>
>>117112610
So is it the deconstruction of the LN genre? Will TRIGGER change anime this season forever?
>>
File: 1416305613321.jpg (148KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1416305613321.jpg
148KB, 1440x810px
I think most people are surprised about it, Have you ever seen such a scene before? I haven't.
Just from normal to bat shit crazy going on a 3 minute long rant like that.

It was really well done of course by the wonderful Saori. Plus it adds to the harem shenanigans and that people are counting her out of the Andou.
>>
>>117112814
nobody asked for your opinion lelouch
>>
Kill la Hatoko
>>
File: 1412870971866.jpg (122KB, 457x381px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1412870971866.jpg
122KB, 457x381px
>>117112893
>replying to lelouch
>>
>>117112975
I am afraid if nobody replies he starts believing that he's not that cancerous anymore
>>
>>117113039
>being this tsun
Jesus christ you want to suck his dick through the internet or what?
>>
Looks like I should get myself caught up post haste.
>>
>>117113039
I'm just sick of you people replying to him and making me notice that he posten even when I have him filtered.
Moot should upgrade filters, goddamnit.
>>
In all his infinite wisdom at dealing with the girls' problems, what is Andou going to say to Hatoko after the rescue arc is over and they are back to normal?
>>
>>117113123
>not having reply chains hidden
retard
>>
>>117113204
Where's my dinner?
>>
>>117107185
Holy shit, that's talent
>>
It's funny because KLK, Trigger's previous work, was LOADED with myth and symbol that Hatoko is tearing apart in her speech. Don't forget, anons, that there is a layer to her outburst that is really just the author lashing out at weak writing.
>>
>>117112814
Good opinion Lelouch, I always value everything you say!
>>
>>117113204

Andou will apologize for taking her for granted, and Hatoko will apologize for having a jealous fit and not being honest with Andou, and all will be well.
>>
Does red win? She's easily the worst.
>>
>>117113374
Worst girl always wins. Always.
>>
>>117113325
I fear that fag MC still doesn't understand the weight of the situation.
>>
>>117113374
of course she wins. It's becoming even more obvious in this episode, but people aren't really talking about it over the Hatoko drama
>>
>>117113435

It's mostly not even his fault. She's the one who pretended to be OK with all of his chuuni stuff just to be close to him. Andou is normally a very perceptive MC.
>>
>>117108548
what episode is that?
>>
>>117107014
>All this has really made me think about is, has anyone ever felt that a scene or a voice acting job was just above the rest even for just one scene?
Rebellion near the end and in this case just for a second when Madoka gives a little whimp as Homura reaches out for her hair.

The more real or unplanned it sounds like, the better it is because it's the small details and quirks that gives them characters. I-tan or whatever the girl from Denki-gai is called does this sometimes. It's also why Tesagure is so great. The way forward for 2D is to come near the real (not 3D). It's also why Tesagure is so great. Tesagure is great.
>>
>>117107185
It was melodramatic indeed. I think it would have been a lot better, had this scene taken place later, with more developing leading up to it, so that it felt more natural.

However, the delivery and especially the VA acting was so good, I really don't care.

Considering how mediocre this show is, that one particular scene really stands out.
>>
>>117113665
That scene had 2 episodes building up to it
>>
>>117113537
>Andou is normally a very perceptive MC.
That doesn't even make sense. He's too easygoing, probably he never lost anything in his life. Also, I didn't mean it's all his fault, since Hatoko shouldn't keep it a secret for so long until it all bursts out, but he's the reason that she did.
>>
>>117113703
>That doesn't even make sense.

Come again? He's been pretty quick to assess what is or might be bothering his female friends and take action so far.
>>
>>117107703
Really? Every time Andou spent time with Tomoyo it always had a note of Hatoko getting left out some way or another.
>>
>>117113738
Except his best friend, who had a serious issue for years. Good job, Andou.
>>
>>117107703
Except that her feeling left out is pretty much showcased any time she sees him alone with another woman, and her overly positive reactions to anything juri has shown her to be forcing herself to appeal to him. And then the episode itself made it pretty clear that she was going to break as soon as he told her to go on ahead.
>>
>>117113738
Yeah exactly
The previous 3 fucking episodes where about him solving his friends' problems, now it's flipped in his face when his closest friend is being completely guarded about her emotions
Really great buildup to it, you'd have to be a retard to not see it
>>
File: 1405800676297.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405800676297.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>117113537
>Andou is normally a very perceptive MC.
>>
>>117113809
It's harder to notice something like that being a kid, especially since it's been that way forever
>>
>>117113917
Then how was he so perceptive again?
>>
>>117113204
He apologizes to Hatoko while giving a speech that really conveys how much he needs her. It's actually really romantic and sweet since it can be interpeted as a proposal of sorts.
>>
>>117113964
He's become more perceptive in High School.
>>
>>117112680
>deconstruction
you fucks are as bad as people who use "literal".
>>
So are we supposed to like or hate Hatoko now?
>>
>>117114024
damn, now I know what did I forget when I wrote that
Thanks.
>>
>>117113964
Being perceptive doesn't mean you pick up on everything, you know?
He's not some kind of psychic.
>>
Anyone have the pic of manga version? This scene was nice in manga too. It's just a text wall, but Hatoko's expression in the background was nice.
>>
>>117114053
Just wait until this arc is over before you make any decisions regarding Hatoko.
>>
>>117114053
I don't think it matters. It certainly was excellent insight into her character, but liking or hating her at this point would be just like, your opinion, man.
>>
>>117114053
I was always indifferent to her. The latest episode sorta made me dislike her now. Take that as you may.
>>
Even with white going bananas over that, this annoying chuuni is really an asshole. And after this episode, I'm really pushing this asshole with red because he doesn't deserve any of the other better girls, he should hook up with the hypocrite and pretentious red.
>>
File: 1413280011365.jpg (271KB, 823x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413280011365.jpg
271KB, 823x1200px
>>117114053
She's always been my favorite and continues to be. Love her or hate her, I could care less.
>>
>>117113574
This was episode 20 I believe.
>>
>>117113602
>Tesagure is great.
I can't agree more. I watched that show just for the occasional feeling of genuineness to what was going on. Even if a joke fell flat, the delivery and reactions made everything feel alive.
>>
>>117112680
>deconstruction
>theLNgenre
I will take only the tip of the bait and reply.
>>
>>117114237
>Hating based MC
Your taste is shit, mate. He didn't do any wrong in episode 7. The fault is entirely White's to begin with.
>>
>>117114237
>I am too stupid to understand anything that is happening
Thanks for sharing
>>
>>117114299
>based
Nah, he's above average at best.
>>
>>117107014
These threads prove quite nicely how Inou Battle's fanbase on /a/ (or anywhere else, really) consists mostly of triggerniggers whose first anime was KLK.
>>
Goddamn, you faggots have been talking about this for over 24 hours straight. What is there left to discuss?
>>
>>117114392
>>
>>117114089
>Being perceptive is not being perceptive
Gold medalist right here.
>>
>>117114392
I agree but ti's easy to ignore those morons is it's not that bad.
>>
File: 1415487480465.png (2MB, 1280x1522px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1415487480465.png
2MB, 1280x1522px
>>117114237
You sound like one of those normalfags the other day who hates chuuni, that's why you bias against MC and Red. And Red is neither a hypocrite or pretentious, she's just, you know, being tsuntsun and that's different.
>>
>>117107823
>mfw watching this
This is what everyone's clapping about? The guy is a fucking douche and is clearly written specifically to be one, and not well.
>she blows up on him because he's being a vague fuckass and won't answer questions properly
If he had just answered her the first fucking time she wouldn't have blown the fuck up
>"Oh, some lore ideas. Tossing around a name right now to see where it could fit."
Is that fucking hard, you autist? Is it so hard to at least give context where you can't give a concise, specific and relatable answer?
>>
>>117114392
>>117114521
Sadly, that has always been the case from the start. It's noticeable in the simple fact there was way too many normalfags watching and complaining over things only normalfags would bitch about.
>>
>>117114575
Watch the show before commenting
>>
>>117107014
>All this has really made me think about is, has anyone ever felt that a scene or a voice acting job was just above the rest even for just one scene?
Just at the top of my head, but Samumenco had some of that. Like Mari singing a capella after the King Torture thing, or Masayoshi going BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA at the end. Those VAs did an amazing job there.
>>
>>117114575
>What is context

You obviously never watched the show. Watch before making stupid comments that are wrong.
>>
>>117114575
>If he had just answered her the first fucking time she wouldn't have blown the fuck up
No, you are a faggot, watch the rest of the show.
>>
File: 1416263667994.jpg (599KB, 1280x1443px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1416263667994.jpg
599KB, 1280x1443px
>>117114575
I think most people agree that Hatoko was in the right. Perhaps she shouldn't have yelled but it's Andou's fault for blowing her off so many times. Remember in the classroom when he stayed behind he told her she wouldn't understand and she just walked away. Then to come back from school and text Tomoyo while she cooked and tell her again, anyone would have gotten in his face. She pushed for him to explain and pretty much begged and he blew her off. There is no justifying what Andou did in this episode and I'm glad he got his shit slapped. If only his sister came down and hit him like she did in the novel.
>>
Aoi yuuki's (victorique) crying scene in Gosick was amazing.
>>
>>117114453
Are you being dumb on purpose?
Being perceptive simply means you tend to pick up on cues fairly easily, but it doesn't mean you pick up on every single thing.

In this case, the MC had taken Hatoko for granted. Add to it the fact Hatoko was keeping her own feelings secret, and you get the scene that unfolded.
>>
>>117114702
>it's Andou's fault for blowing her off so many times
If you think this your are a retard that doesn't pay attention to the show
>>
>>117114722
Yeah, anime MCs are so great that they believe that a girl can have true friendship with a boy.
>>
>>117114761
Why don't you justify what Andou did with a legit argument instead of just saying I'm wrong and ending it there?
>>
>>117114702
glad that tsundere is winning though
>>
If it weren't for Chifuyu I would've dropped this crappy show since episode 1. Man, every single one of those episode dedicated to those other three girls has been fucking retarded. Not to mention the next episode looks also weak.

>>117107823
>everyone's clapping
Just the retards who need to paint the mc as someone who can fix anything with his stupid chuuni talk and demeanor. Even opppai childhood friend's sudden bitch mode can be excused if since we know that she had to deal with that idiot mc for many years.
>>
>>117114702
>She pushed for him to explain and pretty much begged and he blew her off. There is no justifying what Andou did in this episode and I'm glad he got his shit slapped.
This. 'Context' doesn't excuse being dismissive and cold to someone.
>PAY ATTENTION TO THE SHOW
he says, verbatim, "you wouldn't understand", multiple times.

if you autists need it explained to you that YOU SHOULD NEVER FUCKING SAY THAT TO ANYONE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ESPECIALLY SOMEONE CLOSE TO YOU, then you are just as inattentive and self-absorbed as Andou.
>>
>>117114818
Because read the thread or try actually paying attention to the show
>>
>>117114702
I want to fuck Andou's sister while he watches.
>>
>>117114845
Watch the show before commenting
>>
>>117114575
Congratulations, you have the comprehension ability of a 4th grader! As if it wasn't clear enough from your first line, your belief that he's written like a douche confirms that you haven't watched the show or understand the context. If you think the fact that he didn't answer properly is the crux of the outburst you're, in the words of Walter in The Big Lebowski "like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie."

Jesus, this shit is meant for teenagers. You guys can't even handle that?
>>
>>117109086
Fucking this.

Someone give her another role like Natasha.
>>
>>117114702
Mostly only normalfags thought she was in the right.

You can tell Andou and Hatoko's relationship when it involves chuuni has him telling her she wouldn't understand and giving half explanations because he knows she isn't interested in it. He tried in the past to make her understand and have her be interested, but she never could grasp it and come to like it, so Andou gave up some time ago. The only reason Hatoko blew up for this occasion is due to jealously. That's it.
>>
>>117114845
The point is that Hatoko didn't suddenly exploded just from being talked down once, but she endured that for two years and this was the final straw.
>>
>>117114922
>The only reason Hatoko blew up for this occasion is due to jealously.
And this is the reason that I honestly think you chuuni defenders are just shitty trolls. Fuck off.
>>
Once the superpowers gimmick wore off, this show became really dull.
On the bright side, we got some nice armpit+side boob shots this time.
>>
>>117114900
Are you even watching the show? Because I think you're not since that is your only argument thus far. We've all watched and I've watched Hatoko's breakdown multiple times and I can't find a hole in her argument other than her screaming in his face.
They're childhood friends that go way back and it's obvious that they're growing apart. Andou hasn't moved on from his Chuuni phase and Hatoko has matured and grown up. It's quite common in high school for females to mature faster than males. So she feels disconnected. Add on the fact that she sees Tomoyo connecting better to Andou than she can and she's been there less than Hatoko has. Hatoko is scared, stressed, and doesn't know what to do because she feels she's losing her best friend. If you've ever been around the opposite sex you would know how hard it is to find common ground and the only reason Tomoyo can is because her brother is the most Chuuni in the entire show.
>>
>>117115023
Great argument, normalfag lover.
>>
>>117115023
>chuuni defenders
Her entire rant has nothing to do with being chuuni, despite it being entirely about being chuuni.
>>
>>117114952
Yes, exactly. He pulls that shit all the time and expects people to continue to want to be around him, which is why he is a douche. He refuses to recognize or correct his own behavior, acting like an asshole. The irony of anons defending his general behavior is not lost on me.

>doesn't even fucking look up from his phone until she's right the hell in front of him
>never even fucking puts it away, just freezing there like a faggot in the same stance for two straight minutes
>someone will defend this
>>
>>117115024
but the superpower gimmick is just starting
>>
>>117115093
I'm not reading your post because you haven't watched the show as made clear by your previous posts
I'm hiding the reply chain now so don't bother replying to me anymore
>>
>>117115124
Watch the show before commenting
>>
>>117115108
>normalfag
Great argument there, too.
What that has to do with anything? People can't have different opinions?
I'm pretty sure you think that she was at fault because you think that it came out of nowhere after just that one event but instead it was ongoing for years. Which is her only fault, she should have given up on him long ago.
>>
>>117115124
>He pulls that shit all the time
Confirmed for not watching.
>>
>>117114952
This. Hell, she even took another one of those "you won't ever understand this" prior to her chimping moment. The way he acts towards her is really douchey, brushing her off since he knows that she will be there for him like a puppy.
>>
File: 1391905272915.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1391905272915.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>Self absorbed social retards unable to recognize their own behavior
>>
>>117115143
Nice, way to stick to your guns.
>>
>>117115093
Inou-Battle isn't a series about growing up from chuuni, but the exact opposite of what you think. It's about defining chuuni, enjoying chuuni, and learning to accept chuuni. This is partly why Hatoko will never win.

Andou and Hatoko doesn't have anything in common. But they are childhood friends, and that, in a way, in special. Hatoko's insecurity led her to breakdown because, where Hatoko has failed to do so in the past, another girl is able to finally connect with Andou as a chuuni.
>>
>>117115142
I have to admit it's been really oddly handled
We get a superpower-fueled conflict in the first episode, and then the powers all but disappear from the premise for 6 episodes. Aside from Chifuyu teleporting every now and then and one or 2 times that pres erases some slapstick, they've not even used their powers since episode 1.

To go more than half the cour with nary a whiff of superpowers and then suddenly turn full battleshounen is a really odd way of going about it.
>>
>>117115267
see
>>117115268
>>
>>117115207
>opinions
Retard much? You accuse people who disagree with you as trolls. That's your argument.
>>
>>117115271
Watch the show before commenting
>>
>Japanese girl screaming/ranting
I've heard this a million times. Nothing special and usually melodramatic
>>
>>117115363
>can't appreciate a good performance
Get a load of this pleb
>>
>>117115294
My only problem with that is that she's clearly blinded by love, and if he realised that she can't understand that shit and gave up on teaching it to her then why doesn't he questions that she still tries to get into it. He should realize it, especially after the prez's episode which was basically a girl crushing on him.
>>
>>117115353
How's that copy and pasting going for you?
>>
Is deeply analyzing this show more than it should be a new meme?
>>
I don't know about you guys but I'm going to give this a 4/10 on MAL after it finishes.
>>
>>117114922
>only normalfags
Gee I dunno, In past episodes when andou goes on some chuuni rant, everyone blows him off, but hatoko is usually there forcing herself to egg him on and feign interest to spare his feelings. Despite this, he rarely engages with her, and this becomes more evident when she sees that he gets along swimmingly with the other members of the club. From the perspective that this was actually foreshadowed in advance episodes ago (a common storytelling technique in other mediums, but somehow rare in anime) makes this feel pretty genuine.

Beyond that, it's clearly the LN author's rant about the superficiality of a lot of the things found in chuuni behavior and the LN, manga, anime culture. You'd be an idiot to think that constitutes normalfaggotry.
>>
>>117115416
Watch the show before commenting
>>
>>117115344
Nah, you just don't understand.
>>
>>117115353
>WADGE DA SHOAH :DDD
You sure convinced me. MC-kun fucked the hell up and his behavior is indefensible.
>>
File: 1414099057183.gif (920KB, 250x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414099057183.gif
920KB, 250x250px
>>117115414
I'm not copy pasting it
>>
>>117114702
lolno, bitch is at fault for not wanting to expose herself and go "please explain, I can't understand a thing, please, oh please explain" instead of bottling it up.
>>
>>117115451
Fuck off if you're not gonna contribute anything to the thread except that over and over and over again you fucking autist.
>>
>>117115467
>being so mad that you have to resort to /v/-tier shitposting
Hilarious
>>
>>117115488
I'm pretty sure you fags never had a crush on a childhood friend or felt love for anyone.
>>
>>117115541
No shit, that's why everyone here has such a hard time understanding why Andou is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>117115467
Holy shit anon, don't reply to the obvious bait.
>>
>>117115416
What is "meme"
What does "meme" mean?
When you use words you just found on the internet, I can't understand anything you say, anon.
Please speak to me with in own words.
>>
File: 1416287523107.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1416287523107.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>117115488
Except she has been asking him to explain, for years she has asked and he's blown her off because he doesn't care anymore. He's said that to Tomoyo and Sayumi, that he's tried but it never works out because she's just not interested. She's trying her hardest to take interest but it isn't there. Which is more than Andou can say, why doesn't he take interest in Hatoko's likes instead of being a childish chuuni refusing to grow up.
>>
>>117115594
>bait
Whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
>>117115294
is special*

>>117115409
He sees her as a childhood friend and nothing more.

Since Hatoko doesn't try to connect with him as a chuuni, it should be taken that what she did by pestering and bugging Andou about chuuni topics as unusual, triggered by her annoyance to Andou happily texting with Tomoyo.
>>
>>117115584
At the contrary, I've been in love numerous times and I see what a stupid idiot Hatoko is. Man up and confess
>>
>>117115541
>>117115584
You don't even need to be in love to understand that telling a girl "you wouldn't understand" especially when she's trying very hard to speak with is a very dismissive and dickish thing to do.
>>
>>117115416
Foreshadowing and character interactions aren't deep, but the fact that there are people on this board who can't understand basic story concepts makes me wonder if it's really better than /v/.
>>
Maoyuu's Haruka Tomatsu protestant reform monologue. Didn't really like the show but it was great.
>>
>>117107014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4m1diwdThs
>inb4 One Piece hate and shitposting
I always felt that Akemi Okamura did an amazing job with Nami's voice in this scene, from the rage to just breaking down, it damn near broke my heart when I heard the anguish in Nami's voice. Really great scene.
>>
>>117115646
Eastern countries aren't exactly as caught up to the sexual liberation of western countries. Women are still largely expected to wait for a man to come to them and for the most part that holds true in the west as well.
>>
>>117115488
>"please explain, I can't understand a thing, please, oh please explain"
And every time she got "you don't/wouldn't understand" over the course of several years. Jealously was the straw that broke the camel's back.
>>
>>117115614
Why do people think this?
He's not brushing her off because he won't share his hobby with her. Their entire relationship is him sharing his hobby with her.

She spends half the rant listing off, one after another, all the stupid asinine chuunishit he barrages her with on a daily basis. He doesn't explain it because he doesn't understand that she doesn't get it just by him saying it. He takes it for granted that she will see the things he likes the way he does because he lacks theory of mind, and he's completely indifferent to her side of the conversation.

And yes that is absolutely frustrating
>>
>>117115614
>why doesn't he take interest in Hatoko's likes instead of being a childish chuuni refusing to grow up.
Because he's not secretly in love with her. It's okay for friends to have different interests and not do everything together, she's the one who wants to get closer to him, he's fine with the way things are.

So once again, it all boils down to her bottling up her emotion and being jealous.
>>
>>117115665
Yes, but it would be a legit argument that she shouldn't have exploded that way just from that like a menopausa bitch. But instead she had a good reason why did she ranted. It was well enough to bear that for so long.
>>
>>117107014
It makes me wonder if someday I would get to see a good MC yelling at his bitchs for being autism + a great voice acting.
>>
File: 1335821944187.jpg (37KB, 429x410px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1335821944187.jpg
37KB, 429x410px
>Normalfags doesn't understand: the thread
>>
>>117115614
I think not. we saw her saying sh edoesn't understand the first time. I doubt andou kept giving and she kept saying she doesn't understand. I think she just didn't say anything afterwards out of embarassment/fear and he assumed she got her.
>>
>>117115802
Or they think they understand better then author.
>>
>>117115802
Pinkfags are the worst. Worst like their shitty girl.
>>
>>117115802
But, it's the non-normalfags who don't understand.
>>
>>117115614
Wouldn't that make their relationship a lie, though?
She forces herself to pretend to like his chuuni shit, and he pretends to like whatever she likes.

If anything, it's a good thing they both know they don't have interests in common, to avoid inconveniencing the other one.
>>
>>117115614
Did you watch the scene where she returned the book to him? The part where she says "wait!" is the exact moment where it's already too late. She already fucked up her chance. And she's still trying, years later.
>>
I hate you all.
>>
>>117115646
How does that excuse Andou's end of the problem? There's simple ceasing to push the issue, which is what he SHOULD have done and what most people on /k/ learned to do a long fucking time ago, and there's what he chose to do, which is fucking stonewalling her.
>eh
>nah
>a bunch of things
>you wouldn't get it
>you wouldn't understand

You don't fucking stonewall people. There's a thing called tact, you use it to navigate conversations and relationships without stepping on a goddamn landmine. Andou, like most autists, had none so he didn't use any. This not only fucked up that conversation directly triggering her outburst, but is the root cause of the fuckery in the first place since that's what he decided to do after trying to teach her didn't work.

>>117115756
> He doesn't explain it because he doesn't understand that she doesn't get it just by him saying it. He takes it for granted that she will see the things he likes the way he does because he lacks theory of mind, and he's completely indifferent to her side of the conversation.
FUCKING THANK YOU. Read this and understand it, /a/utistics. This is exactly the problem most of you have and exactly what we're talking about when we call you self-centered assholes. Like Andou.
>>
>>117115919
You can't understand.
>>
>>117115919
Jokes on you anon. Because I love you.
>>
Man, that guy was really shitty on this episode. What the hell is wrong with him? Without his chuuni talk he's shit.
>>
>Thousands upon thousands of posts about a scene in a mediocre anime because it actually has a character expressing emotions like a human being instead of a walking archetype.
Sometimes I forget just how shit the writing in anime generally is.
>>
>>117115837
*got it
>>
>>117115984
I'm pretty sure it's just unlikable autists being BTFO with reality.
>>
>Anons defending Andou because they can relate to him and have self inserted
>Self inserting as a dumb chuuni
This is why you fail.
>>
>>117115984
So now you hate when we discuss the part in anime which is actually worthy?
>>
it surprises me that /a/ whitknights that hard. we're talking about one of the bitches who forced him to drop blue, because they liked him, but didn't have the decency to confess first.
shit tier girls all of them. but at least some are improving.
>>
>>117115984
it's only shipperfags who are just shitting on the whole episode because their girl wasn't the main focus.
>>
>>117115962
>There's simple ceasing to push the issue
"You wouldn't understand" is exactly that. He's given up on feeding chuunishit into her when they're alone.
Are you a woman, by chance?
>>
>>117116126
I think it's great, I wish more anime had decent writing and characters.
>>
>>117115756
this right fucking here
>>
I always knew Andou was shit. It took you fags long enough to realize it.
>>
>>117116136
I didn't. He could end up with the prez, I don't care. But since he didn't have any feelings for her, he at least manned up to clear it. Which Hatoko didn't get from him.
>>
>>117115984
You sure like buzzwords.
>>
>>117116156
Yeah, bluefags are annoying little shits.
>>
Red a shit. A SHIT.
>>
>be infatuated with person
>want to get to know them better
>don't understand their hobby at all, but want to in order to be closer to them
>they don't get the cues
>however since you are a woman you bottle this up indefinitely instead of actually being proactive and just straight up saying something about it
They're both in the wrong here
>>
>>117116226
he didn't man up though. he might have manned up, if left alone. he was pushed into it.
>>
>>117116258
Man, you are so pathetic
https://archive.moe/a/search/text/%22Red%20a%20shit%22/
>>
>>117115432
The author is going full circle about chuuni. He picks at it, even has the plain/normal character rant about it amidst all the admiration to give the series a genuine feel by preventing it from being one-sided jerking. But make no mistake, the author is all pro-chuuni.
>>
>>117116126
No I understand what he means. In general this scene wouldn't be really that worthy of discussion in any other medium. Anime has been in a status quo where barebones arechetypes are accepted and even expected. So when the characters actually show any semblance of being complex humans like for example the nice childhood friend actually complaining to the MC about his faults and showing frustration and anger its worthy of 1000s of post of discussion.

I wish more anime at least TRIED to write multi-dimensional characters instead of simply slapping in an archetype and only saving them by virtue of the cuteness/hotness/coolness of their design.
>>
>>117116136
>we're talking about one of the bitches who forced him to drop blue
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>117116321
That's THK trying to stir up shit again. Don't take his bait.
>>
Chuuni boy and chuuni girl for worst couple of the season. They can write shitty LN together and go into fantasy land all day long while they ignore their friends, until they selfishly need them again of course.
>>
>>117116177
No, that's stonewalling. The fact you don't get that is why we are having this argument. That is a massively dickish thing to say to someone. Alternatively, he could have said (for that scene);
"Yeah, we're tossing around a name to see how we could use it."
Instead of clamming the hell up and completely dismissing your conversational partner (which is exactly what "you wouldn't understand" does, you social retard), you give a vague summary in basic terms to give them an idea of what they actually want to know. Again as an example, because I know you need them, all /k/ommandos learn quickly how to do this. Next to nobody is going to know what a bolt carrier group is, or what nitriding is. Instead you say that you bought some parts, or you had a new finish applied. It's not fucking hard, nor is it complicated. The fact that Andou fails to grasp even this basic concept of human interaction is what makes him an asshole.
>>
>>117116356
yes. there was no pressure. at all. and it was totally their business to intervene in. of course.
>>
>>117116392
Here's my idea. The self insert MC is a shitty chuuni, so anyone who is not that shouldn't watch this. So just drop this shit collectively.
On the other hand Hayamin is in it, so I'm stuck.
>>
>>117116392
Cool projecting
>>
>>117116392
>Bait
>>
>>117116416
he's obligated to not reveal red's chuuniness to the others. and he doesn't want to lie to hatoko either.
>>
>>117116424
Holy shit there were literally entire threads dedicated to this fucking issue. If you still believe they should have been together then you're a huge fucking retard. Go look at the fucking archives.
>>
File: 1416273815795.jpg (344KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1416273815795.jpg
344KB, 1280x720px
Let's face it, people hate Hatoko's outburst because it hit a little close to home for some anons and now they're trying to justify themselves through Andou because they're projecting.
>>
>>117116468
That's a strange way to type "fact", since it is a fact that those two are the shittiest characters of this show.
>>
>>117116416
Are you missing the part where he's not allowed to reveal Tomoyo's secret?
>>
File: 11231866651.png (313KB, 542x248px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
11231866651.png
313KB, 542x248px
>>
>>117116416
The fact that you need to be "polite" around your friends means that you must have shitty friends.
>>
>>117116535
you're not understanding shit. I didn't say they should have stayed together. I said that all of the girls are shitty for pushing him and acting angry when it's none of their business. of course andou should have stopped it, but they had no right to change their behaviour to him.
>>
>>117116136
None of the club girls forced Andou to drop blue, moron. You Bluefags are seriously retarded if you still think that's the case in spite of all the discussion we had about it. Andou was going to eventually fix the misunderstanding himself sooner or later. The club girls saw that Mirei's delusions was unexpectedly strong and prolonging the misunderstanding will make it worse, so they wanted to come up with a plan to do something about it. Andou finally became serious when he saw them be serious about it, and he decided he should do it himself.
>>
>>117116536
I don't hate her or her outburst, considering she's a teenage girl in love, her actions make complete sense.

But she's still the one at fault for being a jealous little shit who won't come clean with her feelings.
>>
>>117116536
>people hate Hatoko's outburst
Just a minority though. The rest think that, even if it was one of those painful scenes that cunts pull out of nowhere, the asshole was primarily at fault on this.
>>
>>117116416
>"Yeah, we're tossing around a name to see how we could use it."

This would prompt, "A name? For what?"

I see a more obvious problem than bottled up emotions here, and I assume that Andou did too.
>>
There is that scene from Steins;Gates, where Okabe is inside the car and he starts to apologize while crying, I always thought that it was very well executed.
>>
>>117116581
We are talking about japanese people here, you retard.
>>
>>117116621
Fuck you, you're fucking stupid. Go read the archives and stop shitting up the thread.
>>
>>117116281
>everyone ignoring the truth and flinging shit
>>
>>117116581
It's not about being polite, it'sit's about not being a dick. That is being a dick. You don't have to be polite to your friends, but you never disrespect them like that. Seriously, 'you wouldn't understand' is fucking insulting.
>>
File: 1415681508098.png (63KB, 511x512px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1415681508098.png
63KB, 511x512px
>>117116539
>>117116392
>>117116258
Friendly reminder.
>>
>>117116666
you sure showed me with these hot opinions.
I agree andou should have dropped it.
explain why they had a right to act hostile to him.
you can't, brah.
>>
>>117116636
>But she's still the one at fault for being a jealous little shit who won't come clean with her feelings.
I'm curious, if you anons were in this situation, would you just give up and walk away, and not be jealous at all?
>>
>>117116647
>the asshole was primarily at fault on this.
Only the people who don't know shit about the characters could be stupid enough to think this.
>>
>>117116707
>you can't, brah.
I can but I'm not going to because, like I said, there were entire fucking threads about it. That's why I'm telling you to check the fucking archives.
>>
>>117116657
>This would prompt, "A name? For what?"
And the response is "that is what we're figuring out." Are you catching on yet?
>>
>>117116536
I hate her because she's a normalfag who went bitchy because of jealousy. Andou did nothing wrong.
>>
>>117116727
I would have been honest on why I'm upset, at least.
>>
>>117116755
>I could if I want to, but I don't want to , LALALALALALLALALALALALA
>>
>>117116727
If I was a teenage Japanese girl, I'd probably react in a similar way.

If I was myself, an adult American male, I'd have come clean long ago and fucked that chuuni boypussy.
>>
>>117116804
Check the archives.
>>
>>117116773
But she was also upset because of the chuuni shit, since it made the distance between themselves, and made the other girl be in a better position. It was basically that usual japanese thing, she didn't say the actual problem but it was all in her speech.
>>
>b-but it was the author's plan all along you guys...
Yeah, because if any other character had that Andou behavior towards anyone else, he or she would have been labeled as a dickhead. Fucking chuunishits always ruin everything.
>>
>>117116536
>White Knighting his waifu
Your waifu is scum.
>>
>>117116832
I was here when the ep aired. I was in most of the threads, if not all, I might have missed like one. There was nothing convincing that could excuse their behaviour. If you have something to say, do so, if not, fuck off.
>>
>>117116860
Hatoko isn't my waifu, though she is my favorite from this show. She gave Andou a much needed dose of reality.
>>
>>117116768
Andou a shit. Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>117116851
>Normalfag

Cancer killing /a/.
>>
>>117116532
Sometimes you have to lie or keep things vague but understandable to not fuck up in a conversation with someone.

Being honest for honesty's sake is a stupid idea. He could have just said
I'm talking to Tomoyo about (insert chuuni shit here) and asking what she thinks about it
he dosen't need to admit that she's into it as much as he is that way.
>>
>>117116902
Check the archives.
>>
>>117116825
And this what 98% of this fucking board can never understand. Why is it so hard?
>>
>>117116860
Normalfags attract white knights, who could have thought
>>
Watch the show before commenting
>>
>>117116910
Everything is killing /a/. So much that I'm surprised that it isn't dead yet.
>>
>>117116918
>can't be honest with your friends
this why you're on /a/
>>
>>117116581
Like >>117116695 said
there's a difference between being polite and not being a dismissive dick.
>>
>>117116925
>Why is it so hard?
I-I don't know, it just got this way all of a sudden, I swear.

Are you going to take responsibility?
>>
>>117116695
>It's not about being polite, it's about not being impolite
Make up your stance already
>>
>>117115416
>deeply analyzing
For fucks sake /a/.
Talking about the content of an episode is what qualifies as deep analysis now?
Do you guys really stop thinking completely all while watching anime? Do you guys breathe manually?
>>
>>117116902
>Upset over Andou not fixing the misunderstanding
>Innocent angry behavior that doesn't do any harm
>Stopped being angry minutes later

You are retarded. Literally fuck off.
>>
>>117116749
It's really hard to convince the opposition that they lack knowledge of the characters' actions when you don't know shit about theme either. Well, it was too much to expect for those who call white tits "normalfag" because she didn't act submissive towards the mc. One of the most important developments of the show and it's ignore because a bunch felt offended by it. Quite sad really.
>>
>>117116695
Being a dick is being impolite.
>>
>>117117015
Well, this episode spawned more discussion than an episode of PP2 or Cross Ange which should give you some ideas.
>>
>>117116993
Being impolite and being a dick are two completely separate subjects. Being polite is about decorum. Being a dick is about disrespect.
>>
>>117117016
except they weren't angry for the misunderstanding. they were angry because they were jelous. and they were pretty hostile, prez most of all. to a friend. for a reason that was none of their business.
>>
>Hatoko haters are Redfags

What a surprise.
>>
>>117117029
see
>>117117070
>>
>>117117107
see
>>117117029
>>
>>117107014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBMD7J3XpEw

Still my favorite scene, freaking powerpoint but that direction and BGM is spectacular.
>>
>>117117060
I'm watching all those shows and there's more to Cross Ange than there's to PP2.

Inou Battle is the OreGairu of modern fantasy Japanese media (games, anime, manga and novels).
>>
>>117116581
Nobody hangs around with shitbags who need to be on constant banter mode because their bro can take it.
>>
>>117117106
>Tomoyo haters are Hatokofags

What a surprise.

Look at me, I'm making a bait post just like you are.
>>
>>117117060
>Cross Ange
There is nothing to discuss in Cross Ange except for lesbian fanservice.
>>
>>117116979
I think the common opinion that most /a/nons are hopeless social autist with no hope of a future is untrue. I was kinda like that stereotype back in 2005 but now I have a good group of friends and a fiance. There's always hope and you'll grow out of that mindset eventually.
Complete unfiltered honesty is a great way to make sure you lose all of your friends and even closeness to family members. Lying every now and then to preserve feelings and secrets dosen't mean you can't call out a friends bullshit like Hatako did.
>>
>>117117175
Someday you'll find friends too. I know it's hard, but never give up.
>>
>>117117155
Totally agreed. A fucking phone call has more tension and drama than the climax of any other action/drama anime I've ever seen,

Superb work.
>>
>>117116343
The author is self-aware. I agree that on the whole its pro-chuuni, but it's clear that they understand that randomly spouting bullshit is superficial. There's nothing wrong with the chuuni itself, but the pretense of erudition is worth calling out.
>>
>>117116860
I don't understand what waifu means.
Can't you speak on your own words?
>>
>>117117222
You actually hang around with fags like that? Not that guy I know somebody like that and he's incredibly fucking annoying and awkward.
>>
>>117117149
Dickishness has absolutely nothing to do with being polite. You can easily be a polite dick. Most hipsters are this.
>>
>>117117188
nigga, I have friends, I'm good with my family as well. I have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>117117072
Nope. The only girls who could possibly even be jealous is Tomoyo and Hotoku. Sayumi and Chifuyu didn't have romantic feelings for him yet at that point. It's easy to confuse Tomoyo and Hotoku being jealous, but no, they were more angry over the misunderstanding than anything, and they have a right to be as girls since it's not fine to leave the misunderstanding like that.
>>
>>117117273
>You can easily be a polite dick
what
>>
>>117117072
>they were angry because they were jelous
No they weren't you gigantic fucking faggot. This is why I told you to check the fucking archives you stupid fucking fuck.
>>
>>117117292
Then are you telling me that you never had to lie or otherwise consciously avoid a certain action to your friends to not strike a cord with an obvious insecurity they have?
>>
>Chuunifags
>Normalfags
>Bored trolls trolling both sides
>THK

All we need now is LRD to show up to complete the shitposting circle.
>>
>>117117178
I hate Tomoyo and I'm not a Hatokofag.
>>
>>117117183
>>117117156
Mixed messages.

Cross Ange actually has some layers beyond it's campy, schlocky main story and trappings, but I'm convinced that the parts that are good writing are merely incidental because they're either based off other, better media or personal experience.
>>
>>117117398
Best taste.
>>
>>117117295
>they have right as girls
no, they don't you have a right to be angry at other people's personal affairs, provided they don't do something insane like endangering people around them, including your community.
where are you even getting this from?
>>
File: 1415843608347.jpg (189KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1415843608347.jpg
189KB, 1280x720px
>>117117419
She deserved better than what she got.
>>
Why you guys are overthinking this? It's just an anime.
>>
>>117117222
It was expected for shitbags to get along with other shitbags, but you don't need to be so obvious about it. Meanwhile, others can change gears when it's time to to have fun while acting like morons to each other and then having some serious talks if shit happens irl. I know this is difficult to comprehend since it's part of growing up but hang in there, you'll grow up eventually.
>>
>>117117398
There's still hope in the universe if at least few of you exist that don't fall for the waifu bait slut.
>>
>>117117398
>Blue
Worst girl. I bet you're the retarded Bluefag here >>117116136.
>>
>>117117486
We like the show and we're inbetween episodes and since its literally the only interesting part of the entire episode we're gonna talk about it to dead and undeath. If you don't like it, come back next week when we have new content to talk about.
>>
>>117117384
I don't lie, no. of course I avoid insulting them on their sensitivites, explain to me when did hatoko inform him that she was insecure about not understanding?
>>
>>117117433
>Doesn't know how harem or girls relationships in a romcom works in his Japanese cartoons

Jesus. Watch more anime.
>>
>>117117310
Again. Politeness is all about decorum. Being impolite can make you a dick, but the two are not mutually inclusive. There are impolite things you can do that don't automatically make you a dick. Conversely, you can be a dick to someone without being impolite. Usually, this is because you're an oblivious turd that doesn't realize you fucked something up, or you're a stuck-up elitist dickwad.
>>
>>117117550
But the worst is red, practically pandering 101.
>>
I think Hatoko was in the right.
>>
>>117117550
he's not me and I'm not a bluefag either. I just think it wasn't their place to interfere and had no right to act hostile to him.
>>
>>117116904
I don’t understand! I don’t understand a single word you said! I don’t understand what’s good about the things you call good! I don’t understand! I can’t understand.

What’s so cool about "moe”? I don’t like moe, it's better to react positive to real things in the world!

What do you mean by “waifu”? What’s so good about having a waifu? Doesn't that mean you've given up on living for yourself?

Between 2D and 3D, why is 2D better? Why do you prefer 2D? Isn’t it 2D because it's a mimicry of what 3D is?

“Baiting”? What’s that? That just makes you a fool! It’s much cooler when you talk to people properly! That’s worthy of respect!

Yandere, Tsundere, Kuudere, Deredere, don’t start talking about them just because you did a little research! If you don’t properly explain it, I can’t understand what you mean! If you’re going to teach me, teach me right! Listening to explanations about childish lectures is not fun!

Lolicons, Fujoshits, Seiyuus, and Normalfags all mean nothing to me! I don’t understand what’s cool about them! All your other terminology is confusing too! Fansubs, streaming, Crunchyroll…what do you mean by “it's shit/10”? It’s impossible for me to “feel it by their atmosphere”!

Hiragana, Katakana, Kanji, don’t act like you understand them because you read a little on the net! I can’t understand them at all if you give half-baked explanations!

Talk to me in your own words!

I’m begging you; speak so I can understand you!

What is “/a/”? What does “/a/" mean?'

I don’t understand, I don’t understand, I don’t understand, I don’t understand!
I don’t understand a single word you’ve ever said!
>>
>>117117644
You are okay, anon.
>>
>>117117482
Hey look, it's red being a shitty tsundere.
>>
>>117117644
Of course.
>>
>>117117644
I think even if she wasn't in the right, everything she said was right, and needed to be said.

If this is how she is when she's in the wrong, then I don't want to be right.
>>
>>117117631
There are people on this planet who think "rude" is a synonym for "mean."
>>
>>117117644
She really is. it may have been an unfocused, emotional rant but she made a point.
>>
>>117117599
>all harem/romcoms are the same
>if you watch one, you can't criticise any aspect of it
No.
>>
>>117117644
She was wrong, but I can sorta sympathize with her. Andou tried in the past though, so he's not at fault.
>>
>>117117668
...this actually isn't too bad. Capped.
>>
>>117107014
I feel the voice actress for Kira in the eng. version of Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton did a pretty knock out job at the end of that trial.
>>
>>117117644
Normalfag scum detected.
>>
>>117117639
>pandering
>bad

Hate all the characters and drop the show then, fag.
>>
>>117117826
Redfag pls.
>>
>>117117668
That got a bit too real towards the end.
>>
>Keep spouting chunishit to your friend when she's clearly not interested
>Said friend still ask him what does it mean out of respect
>"No, you wouldn't understand anyway"
>Repeat for years

Andou get what is coming to him and rightfully so.
>>
Does anyone has a gif or webm of Sayumi's bouncy boobs during the OP? I really need it...
>>
>>117117644
Nobody did nothing wrong.
>>
I left for a couple hours and I come back to see the thread turn into exactly what I made the thread in order to try and prevent and avoid. Oh well.

>>117116347 is sort of what I wanted the discussion to head towards, but nope, had to bring in the meaningless argument here too.
>>
>>117117861
How's that self-taught japanese treating you, anon?
>>
>>117117588
Sometimes you just need to be perceptive and see when something is bothering someone. But its common sense that saying you "wouldn't understand" is a very dismissive thing to do and if he was worried about Tomoyo's secret wouldn't it make much more sense to make make a victimless and peace preserving lie like simply saying that you're talking to Tomoyo about chuuni shit and not that she's as interested it it as you are? It seems like a much more simple solution and the only thing stopping it is some weird principal of absolute honestly like the one you have.
>>
>>117117668
>Hiragana, Katakana, Kanji, don’t act like you understand them because you read a little on the net!

well fuck you too
>>
>>117117644
They're both in the wrong
>>
>>117117869
Except Andou doesn't sprout chuuni stuff TO her. He stopped trying to make her interested in it a long time ago. He obviously does it to himself. Hatoko just happened to be around when he does it, so it can't be helped she hears and sees his chuuni. Hatoko was just jealous. Plain and simple.
>>
>>117117668
>Hiragana, Katakana, Kanji, don’t act like you understand them because you read a little on the net! I can’t understand them at all if you give half-baked explanations!

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>117117923
Feel free to delete your shitty thread then. No need to be a huge crybaby because they don't want to circle jerk with you and your lames ideals.
>>
friendly reminder that this will end with a cheesy combination attack in which hatoko and ando blow the fuck out of onii-san and his gang
>>
>>117116539
>>117116392
>>117116258
>>117117858
>>117117689
>>117117639
>>117117106
We can see what you're doing, faggot. Literally fuck off with your war campaign and baiting.
>>
>>117107436
>that fucking Exia behind her
>>
>>117117939
obviously his solution wasn't optimal, but saying the truth should never be at fault. she's mad at herself, for the most part.
>>
>>117117903
Anyone? Please ;_;
>>
>>117118042
It's going to be glorious, can't even wait
>>
>>117118043
Stop giving THK attention, retard.
>>
Only true autists think either Hatoko or Andou were in the "right" or on the "wrong".
Both parties fucked up big time, but Hatoko is in love with him so it's obvious that's she's the one who gets the most fed up. She's just fearing that Tomoyo will replace her.
>>
>>117117826
I don't understand what you're saying.
>>
>>117112283
People just got scared by a female character with even an inkling of personality speaking out against the MC.
>>
>>117118063
no boobs for you.
>>
>>117117668
http://a.pomf.se/qyxrtf.webm
>>
Can someone explain the thought process of people who think Hatoko was wrong? I just don't understand what they're thinking.
>>
>>117118008
Well I actually would have preferred that there would have been no discussion at all instead of this thread turning into every other recent Inou Battle thread shitfest.

Just wanted to have some quality discussion for once is all, but I guess I learned my lesson for the umpteenth time that it is impossible to have any discussion on anything when it attracts any amount of attention.
>>
>>117117644
They are both in the wrong. She for not saying anything and bottling it up, and Andou for being so blunt to her about how she wouldn't understand.
The problem is Andou can't really explain why he likes what he likes since it is a pretty hard thing to do and she doesnt have the right mindset to actually understand.
>>
>>117118172
She wasn't upfront with her feelings
>>
File: fuck off.jpg (31KB, 635x198px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fuck off.jpg
31KB, 635x198px
>>117118043
Nice try asshole. No wonder you like that shitty read girl.
>nobody can talk bad things about muh waifu
Yeah, no. Either take it like the man that you aren't or beat it.
>>
After seeing the screencaps of the scene beforehand I was a little wary as to whether I might just find it to be overblown melodrama but I liked the scene quite a bit, well acted, nicely written.

A little early maybe sure, pretty heavy for this show, but it mostly felt earned and the crux of "speak me to in your own words" seemed like it was coming from a real place.
>>
>>117118043
Why are Redfags so agressive, angry and autistic?

Remove that stick out of your ass.
>>
>there are people that actually like red
>>
>>117117976
>He stopped trying to make her interested in it a long time ago

No he doesn't stopped
>>
>>117118174
>Just wanted to have some quality discussion for once is all
Yes, because "every anime is shit at showing actual human beings" is truly a remarkable discussion topic.
>>
>>117118151
Dayum.
>>
>>117118094
>Loli?
>Incest?
>Rape?
>Moe?
>Harem?
>Mahou shoujo?
>Otaku?
>Chuuni?
>Waifu?
>Manchildren?
>Memes?
>>
>>117118135
Do you have it? Please post it, man. Please!
>>
>>117118313
Wrong. For some time he noticed that she doesn't like reading much nor going out.
>>
>>117118342
Oh I wasn't agreeing with the post I quoted above, just that I would have rather had a discussion talking more about the scene itself rather than arguing about what each of the characters' feelings are or who is wrong. It was just an example.
>>
>>117118303
I just don't understand it.
>>
>>117118282
They're pro chuuni, it's expected of them to act retarded.
>>
>>117118406
make it yourself you drooling retard
>>
>>117118172
They want to wear their naruto headbands and quote Sasuke in public without being judged.
>>
>>117118478
Why you hating on bouncy titties, bro?
>>
>>117118279
That whole
>jibun no kotoba de datteyo
Was so incredibly powerful with just how the seiyuu delivered it. I'll be honestly surprised if she doesn't win an ward for that role.
>>
>>117118257

>>117086997
>>117087169
You already tried that..

>>117118282
>Says this in spite of hater being the actual aggressive, angry, and autistic shitposter
Good joke.
>>
>>117118008
What is this, 2012?
>>
>>117118551
I made it in the time it took you to respond because I'm not an incompetent neanderthal
>>
>>117118580
Literally autism.
>>
>>117118551
If you learn how to make them yourself then you can make all the bouncy tits webms you like.
>>
I'm surprised at all the whiteknights for White in here. /a/ has become worse than I imagined from normalfag influx.
>>
>>117118569
But what does she mean? Everyone should be as unknowledgable in myths as her?
>>
>>117118602
Wow, so rude! Well, don't post it for me specifically, do it for everyone!
>>
>>117118696
>447
>109
A lot of people are samefagging.
>>
>>117118042
Will it be called endless paradox?
>>
>>117118696
Redfag pls, enough with your damage control.
>>
She wants to fug
Red is making inroads with her chunniness
Hatoko gets mad because she realizes she doesn't care about what he does and although she's been so close all this time she sees the Red winning hard. Andou saying you wouldn't understand was the killer point. She knows she doesn't understand. But she still want the dick and dick.
Reading your responses that totally ignore the character motivation in the scene is strange. I figured that most anons would understand that feeling of not being able to connect with someone, like when someone makes a joke but you don't find it funny so they tell you its a joke. Then its awkward because you can either autism out and say you didn't like it or play stupid.
>hatoko/andou was wrong
She has feelings. They are in a love triangle and she knows that Red has a killer advantage. She just suffering is all, and Andou couldn't have known what to do. He'll find her and they'll make up, and the inou battle will continue.
>>
>>117118696
Hatoko was wrong. I feel bad for both Andou and Hatoko though.
>>
>>117118708
>Everyone should be as unknowledgable in myths as her?
No you retard. She knows more about the myths than Andou does hence why she can call him out on his shit.
>>
>>117108374
I miss best girl
>>
>>117118774
>Everyone who doesn't defend my girl is a Redfag
This is bait.
>damage control
Seriously bait.
>>
>>117118739
how do i see this unique ip thing?
>>
>>117118008
Yeah they'd rather circlejerk in other, better ways.
>>
>>117118708
>implying Andou was even knowledgable in the myths he've been spouting at her

I bet you he just googled it for five minutes because it sounded cool.

Though fuck Hatoko, hearing backstories on famous weapons is really cool and not boring at all.
>>
>>117107014
Episode 15 of Nagi No Asukara where Hikari started yelling at Tsumugu. I teared up the first time I watched it.
>>
>>117118774
THK pls go. Your hate snd trolling is cancer.
>>
>>117118708

Eh, the specifics aren't that important. People can build walls around themselves with nothing but cultural references and shit and not have to communicate with anybody straight, that's how I took this.

She's not completely in the right here by any means, both she and Andou are sympathetic, but he did talk down to her in this instance even though she tried to be interested.
>>
>>117118836
How new can you be? Fucking 4chan x.
>>
>>117118835
>Everyone who doesn't agree with my view of that mess is a White whiteknight
Everyone can do this.
>Seriously bait.
Seriously a cookie-cutter response when your shit agenda is so obvious.
>>
>>117118897
>How new can you be?
The thing was implemented like two weeks ago.
>>
File: 1415492687890.jpg (28KB, 360x496px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1415492687890.jpg
28KB, 360x496px
>>117110950
Over a year later, that camera movement is still blowing my mind.
>>
>>117118973
You're butthurt and blind to the fact there are people defending White even though she was mostly at fault. That is white knighting.

>agenda
Really? Do explain.
>>
>>117118580
Holy shit. Why don't mods use range IP ban? That spammer is beating janitor with his VPN like nothing.
>>
Alright, since this discussion is going nowhere, how about the opposite?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWjfbUfcJUM
>>
>>117118708
This is why nobody is taking seriously anyone who thinks white is only being a nutty bitch when she has good reasons why she had enough of his pretentious charade. Hell, she even mentions his bullshit during that moment.
>>
File: sayumi.webm (154KB, 1280x720px)
sayumi.webm
154KB, 1280x720px
>>117117903
>>
>>117118732
fuck off to reddit
>>
>>117114053
are you a fucking sheep who need to get told what to do? form your own opinion, dumbfuck
>>
>>117119145
>Jealously
>good reasons

White doesn't understand. Neither do you.
>>
>>117118858
I was pretty wounded by the myth drops, but she's right about it. I used to just think it was cool, but then I actually started reading into it, now I know why it's cool.

muh hero's journey
>>
>>117119173
Holy shit, thank you so much anon. You're the fucking best and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
>>
>>117119237
>still using the jealousy argument
Good grief, you're hopeless.
>>
>>117110950
> People see the school
> First thing they think is "Oh shit mecha school"
> It never transforms during the series
> Suddenly mecha school in OVA
Fucking Trigger.
>>
>>117119145
I don't like her because shes normalfag to the core. She's still mostly wrong, you know. Her outbursting because she doesn't like what Ansou likes doesn't justify her ranting like that.
>>
>>117119295
You can't deny that jealously is her primarily reason.
>>
>>117119412
primary*
>>
>>117119378
>Her outbursting because she doesn't like what Ansou likes
But that wasn't the point of of her entire outburst you retard.
>>
Why don't you fags just watch 3D shit if you're going to complain about anime not doing a good job of representing real people?
>>
>>117119412
It clearly isn't
>>