[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

So i've been told multiple times to check these out because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 14

File: Animated.png (3MB, 1258x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Animated.png
3MB, 1258x1200px
So i've been told multiple times to check these out because the are the best animated films to be released recently.

My question is, should I watch them subbed or dubbed? Ghibli usually has amazing dubs and Summer Wars and TGWLTT were significantly better dubbed
>>
>dubs
No.
>>
Wolf Children is furshit. Wind Rises is alright.
>>
I forgot what the title of the movie its about the Japanese island where invaded by Soviet troops in 1945.
>>
If you are asking whether the dub is good or not you should know that this isn't the place to ask as the hivemind's opinion is that sub are always superior.
>>
Wolf children has a shit ending.

Autism.
>>
OP, don't watch dubs if you're old enough to read.

>>117079420
Giovanni no Shima. Watch it. It's great.
>>
The only Ghibli dub that was good was for Spirted Away and maybe GotF.

Those two movies in your picture aren't made for dubbing. Watch them subbed dood.
>>
Didn't see Wolf Child but The Wind Rises is gutter trash and there is a reason it lost to terrible CGI crap
>>
Let me do your thinking for you.

Arguments for Japanese: They're Japanese films featuring Japanese characters in Japan. It only makes sense they wold speak Japanese. It's also how the directors envisioned them. The English dubs are produced by others and might become something different. There's also the issue of rewriting the scripts somewhat to get the timing right when producing a foreign dub.

Arguments for English:
(I never watch things dubbed into wrong language unless I'm forced so I might miss something). Perhaps you're not used to subtitles and find them to be a distraction distancing you from the action. Perhaps the English script is more natural if not more faithful and you'll enjoy that more.

Pick what you think will give you the best experience.
>>
File: 1408383247660.jpg (190KB, 629x1199px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408383247660.jpg
190KB, 629x1199px
>>117079190

You're watching the wrong movies.
>>
>>117079190
>Ghibli usually has amazing dubs

Are you serious? They're all terrible.

Wolf Children is amazing. You just gotta look past the furshit because it's full of feels that shouldn't be ruined by the whole furry deal.

The Wind Rises was alright. It's not Ghibli's best and it feels lacking in the end, imo. But still worth seeing.
>>
Wolf Children was terrible, don't watch.
Haven't seen wind rises, but it's probably boring with a lot of eyecandy.
>>
>>117079750
Oh and uh, obviously see them both subbed.
>>
>>117079750
>You just gotta look past the furshit because it's full of feels that shouldn't be ruined by the whole furry deal.
>>>/mlp/
>>
>>117079664
I'm used to subs. I can actually keep up with Tatami Galaxy without pausing.

There are cases where I simply find the dub performances to be better, and they usually are in most ghibli movies.
>>
>>117079857
>they usually are in most ghibli movies.
You couldn't be more wrong.
>>
>>117079857
>and they usually are in most ghibli movies.
What? Just because they're better than the average anime dub don't make them good.
>>
>>117079909
Actually I stand corrected. I've seen some of the films in both languages and they are usually phenomenal both subbed and dubbed. I find the dubbed versions to be just as good as the subbed, also that way I can pay attention to the beautiful animation
>>
>>117079857
>I'm used to subs. I can actually
keep up with Tatami Galaxy without pausing.
Wait, people actually had to pause while watching it? I got used to it around the halfway point of the first episode.
>>
>>117079997
Normalfags anon.
Normalfags.
>>
>>117079997
You are underestimating how incredibly stupid people are, anon
>>
>>117079972

But that's wrong.
>>
Wolf Children was a great movie.
>>
>>117080084
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>117080058
>Stop liking things I don't like
>>
>>117080084


furaffinity account name?
>>
>>117080188
>Stop not liking things I like!
>>
Watch the wind rises in dub OP. I watched the movie 5 times in theaters, once in dub, and 4 in subs.

The Miyazaki movies always have great dubs, and the wind rises is no exception. Anno is a terrible fit for the main character, Levitt does a much better job.

There is an incredible amount of animation details in the movie, and you will miss out by reading the sub, no matter how fast you read. by the 3rd showing I was watching, I have completely stopped paying attention to the sub and just focused entirely on the small details in the movie. Even then, I was not able to catch and appreciate all the work that went into it.
>>
>>117080806
>I watched the movie 5 times in theaters, once in dub, and 4 in subs.
For what purpose?
>>
>>117080878

I like it.
>>
>>117080926
>in theaters
>>
>>117080795
>mom! Stop sucking OP's dick!
>>
>Wolf Children
>furshit
You people are retarded. It's straight up fucking bestiality shit. Holy fuck that one scene ruined the entire movie for me. Why would she? For what purpose? What the fuck?
>>
>>117080952

Like I said, I like it. Movies are much more enjoyable on the big screen, and I'm not poor.
>>
>>117080806
You're a moron. I'm no sub snob, and even I could not stand TWR's dub, specially compared to the original. I would explain myself, but considering the content of your post, you are fucking deluded.
>>
>>117081009
>Movies are much more enjoyable on the big screen
Wrong, you just prefer them on the big screen.
>>
>>117081114

it's true in general.
people pay extra to see them on the big screen;
>>
>>117081102

It's an opinion, and having them does not make me retarded.
>>
>>117081181
And people are stupid, I fail to see your point.
>>
>>117081197
Having retarded opinions makes you a retarded though.
>>
>>117081181
People pay extra for prostitutes to shit in their mouths.
>>117081197
It's a stupid opinion, that's what makes you retarded.
>>
>>117079190
Fuck off shit head.
>dubs were better
They weren't you fucking twat.
>>
>>117081243

so what he said is accurate. doesn't matter what you believe about people.
>>
>>117081243

I earn my money and spend them on things that make me happy, you should start doing the same.
>>
>>117079190
Screw 'em both. You should watch Grave of the Fireflies. Best movie to make you think of anything ever.
>>
>>117081316
Are you retarded? Why are you assuming that I don't do that already? In fact, in what else I would my money?
>>
File: TWR5.png (115KB, 500x259px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
TWR5.png
115KB, 500x259px
>>117079190

Wind Rises is comfy as fuck.
watch it dubbed,

JGL > Anno
>>
>>117081283
>>117081304

> stupid opinion

Yes, and tastes are objective too. I'm pretty sure not having basic reading comprehension is what makes you retarded, not having subjective opinions.

Thanks for playing though.
>>
>>117079190
>significantly better dubbed
Are you deaf or something? I tried watching tokikake dubbed, Makoto's voice was so bad I couldn't stand it for more than a few minutes. I'll admit the VAs for the boys did a passable job, far as I remember at least.
>>
>>117081009
Just for you.
>>
THE REASON SUBS ARE BETTER IS BECAUSE THEY GET YOUR EYES OFF THE SHITTY "ACTING" & "AWKWARD INTERACTIONS"
>>
>>117081552
You should add the "seeing things in the big screen is objectively better" and he saying "you should spend your money in things that makes you happy".
>>
File: 1414984735445.jpg (96KB, 724x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414984735445.jpg
96KB, 724x720px
>>117081552

>why are you paying for 5 tickets?
>because I have 3 friends and my gf is joining, u mad?
>>
>>117081552

Resorting to Ad Hominem also makes you look retarded. But that's none of my business.
>>
File: 1415245921110.jpg (85KB, 651x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1415245921110.jpg
85KB, 651x720px
>>117081649
>>
>>117081649
Are you for real?
>>
>>117079750
>all terrible

Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle were dubbed very well.

>>117080806
Levitt didn't project his voice at all. Just mumbled into the mic and sounded strained when he had to yell.
>>
I'm watching wolf children, it's pretty comfy so far.

I like how the main chick is nice, and not obnoxious like most anime girls
>>
>>117081419
>Human feces are delicious
>That's a stupid opinion
>Yes, and tastes are objective too. I'm pretty sure not having basic reading comprehension is what makes you retarded, not having subjective opinions.
>Thanks for playing though. *tips fedora*
>>
>>117081691
>>117081709

I'll be here when you come up with an actual argument.
>>
> The Wind Rises
> best
> let alone good

Someone lied to you.
>>
>>117081752


She takes the knot soon
>>
File: 1414817346435.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414817346435.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>117081777
I'm sure you will.
>>
>>117080188

It's not subjective, anon. You might even like those dubs: but they're unfaithful to the the originals.

So, objectively shit. It's like reading a bad translation of a book.

>>117081006

What scene? When he fucks her and transforms? Eh, it's not that bad. A little unnecessary, though, I agree

>>117081318

It's actually perhaps the most overrated anime ever produced. And almost certainly the one people totally don't get it.
Hint: it's not an anti-war movie.

>>117081785

>movie slightly more complex than your usual blockbuster or even your average anime movie

>it's bad
>>
>>117081886
I disagree that it's unnecessary, it showed that she actually accepted him for what he was and not that she was saying what she was because she liked him more than what he was bothered her.
>>
>>117081944


Just because she accepts him for who he is doesn't mean she has to fuck him like that. She literally fucks a dog.
>>
>>117081886
So you're an idiot then.

The Wind Rises is bad because it butchers the engineering of the Zero harder than Nolan butchered space in his Gunbuster x 2001 fan film. Literally everything about the aeronautical engineering is present wrong, the timeline for its development is incorrect, the animation used resembles the flight style of a mustang of all things which couldn't be further from how a zero flew.

The Wind Rises failed at everything it tried to present other than "muh nihon drama."

It's a high budget version of that shitty shoujo where the guy is aiming an M16 with it sitting on his shoulder and somehow has crosshairs and a scope while looking down the iron sight. There is just so much wrong with The Wind Rises it's horrific.

You have to be a casual pleb to like it.
>>
The Wind Rises blows cock. It is Technicolor ambien. I deeply regret spending money to watch it in an empty theatre.

I never watched wolf cunt.
>>
>>117081944

Yeah, but it dragged a little too much, bordering on actual yiff territory.

Well... I guess it is a movie you shouldn't watch if you mind some furry shit, anyway.

>>117082106

Never saw an actual engineer or war historian criticizing it for muh realism.
Do you realize that the zero basically isn't even seen in the movie?

>The Wind Rises failed at everything it tried to present other than "muh nihon drama."

It was the point of the movie. It's not about planes.

>I just watche it in the theater once, don't remember it perfectly.
>>
>>117082106
>Literally everything about the aeronautical engineering is present wrong
I was thinking of watching this. Thanks for saving me, anon.
>>
>>117079510
>Giovanni no Shima

Many thanks.
>>
>>117079190
If you have to ask then you ahould kill yourself.
>>
>>117079359
>Wolf Children is furshit.

Only the first part.
>>
>>117082106
>casual pleb
>thinks the plain was supposed to be a Zero

Good lord, you are a dumbass.
>>
Anyway did you Kaguya? It's probably Takahata's best one. Still, nothing to write home about.

>actually seen in theaters here, mind you
>>
>>117082538
>It's probably Takahata's best one.
>Still, nothing to write home about.
This is the worst taste possible.
>>
>TWR
>One of the best animated films to be released recently
Said nobody ever
>>
>>117083025

2oldfag 4me
>>
>>117083119
Then you don't understand just how big of an impact Takahata has had on the industry.
>nothing to write home about
Pfft, is this what /a/ is coming to.
>>
>>117079190

>not watching Sakasama no Patema

why
>>
>>117081006
>>117081886
>>117081944
>>117082014

But was it sexy?
>>
>/a/ talking about anime movie

I never thought I see the day.

What else is good chaps? Heard that new Ghibli movie was so-so.
>>
Ookami kodomo was okay, the soundtrack and mum carried it mostly. The son was an utter jackass though, who the fuck leaves their injured mum in an empty parking lot.
>>
>>117082106
>being this fucking big of an idiot

the film focused primarily on the construction of the mitsubishi A5M, and it barely shows the zero. miyazaki fucking loves airplanes anyways and while the film feels stylized, or perhaps idealized at times, it maintains a feeling akin to hemingway's 'a farewell to arms', and from that perspective it's one of my favorite films.
>>
>>117084398
Really, I thought both were quite good. Maybe you should give some reasons why you think they're lacking instead of just acting like your opinion is the objective truth.
>>
>>117084015
Giovanni's Island came out this year that was pretty good.
>>
>>117084726
Friendly reminder that the Red army is the best army.
>>
>>117084726
Yoyo to Nene wasn't bad either although it suffered the same fate a lot of anime films do. Some great animation and great everything else but a bit of a shitty plot.
>>
>>117084726
drawing style reminds me so much of 60's and early 70's anime I fucking love it
>>
>>117079997
these are the same people who claim that they watch dubs because they like to focus on the animation
>>
>>117086109
The same people that probably couldn't even list their 10 favourite animators?
>>
>>117084403
>people who prefer subs just prefer a japanese voice because they find english accompanying anime absurd.
Not really. I watch subs because I actually want to experience the work as it was intended by the people that made it. That, and dubs tend to be of atrocious quality.

>>117079664 says it well:
> It's also how the directors envisioned them. The English dubs are produced by others and might become something different. There's also the issue of rewriting the scripts somewhat to get the timing right when producing a foreign dub.
>>
>>117084250
Yeah, I hate Ame so much.
>>
File: 1413852726811.png (253KB, 680x591px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413852726811.png
253KB, 680x591px
I'll give you some dubs OP
>>
dubs. Always go with Dubs
>>
>>117087065
If you really want to experience it as the creators intend why aren't you learning Japanese?
>>
>>117087384
I'm planning to actually. I just don't have the time with college at the moment, but I'll start once I graduate next year. Shame my college didn't offer it as a language. I'm forced to take Spanish instead.
>>
>>117087473
And then you get a job and have even less time, struggle for a while to keep up with seasonal anime but constantly fall behind and eventually lose interest in chinese cartoons and move on with you life.
>>
>>117079190
wind rises had me crying like a bitch
>>
>>117079598
Howl's moving castle's dub was good too
>>
>>117089245
But Howl's Moving Castle was no good so that's irrelevant.
>>
>>117079190
reminder to report underage posters
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 14


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.