[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new s/2014-11-16/a-silent-vo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 13

File: img_9051.jpg (75KB, 370x500px) Image search: [Google]
img_9051.jpg
75KB, 370x500px
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-16/a-silent-voice-manga-has-anime-in-the-works/.81109

How do we feel about this?
Who do you want to play each character
>>
An anime seemed inevitable.
>>
I look forward to the drinking moms scene in glorious animation.
>>
The same way I feel about the manga, waning interest
>>
And I was just about to start the manga.
>>
>>117033643
This.
It dropped in quality so fucking hard.
>>
>>117033372
>Koe no Katachi
>A silent voice
Fucking stop that.
>>
Well I'll approach the anime with caution, but it might be the first manga I buy.
>>
>>117033767
I'm sorry blame the English localization
>>
I'm just getting over the fact that it's actually finished.

I honestly think it could make a good anime, so long as they're willing to take a few liberties with some of the mid-parts. I would be even happier if the writer stayed involved.

This might be blasphemy of the highest order, but I think the series might be best served as something like Bakemonogatari, as there's a lot of room for there to just be talking and clever set pieces.

Actually dammit now I'm hearing some of Ishida's lines in Araragi's voice.
>>
This is good news, looks like the threads won't be stopping just yet.
I'm with >>117033643 >>117033762 though but it'll still be fun seeing the good stuff again in anime form. Can't wait.
>>
Animators will go mad over the sign language.
And Shouko making retard noises.
Recip for disaster.

I can't wait.
>>
Same staff as Aku no Hana with rotoscoping intact
>>
The manga had an amazing start, went to shit really fast.
No hopes for the anime.
>>
File: 1387578913941.jpg (76KB, 539x673px) Image search: [Google]
1387578913941.jpg
76KB, 539x673px
>>117033979
Not again.
>>
>>117033643
>>117033762
No it didn't. What actually happened was you getting obsessed with this manga following each chapter's release date from its spoiler leaks to the crunchy release then getting burned out on it. This doesn't only happen with KnK but any manga /a/utists happen to grab a hold of.

Meanwhile I read the manga in bursts of chapters and enjoy the fuck out of it. 9/10, would read again.
>>
This is surprising. Most manga that focus on characters and have no element of action/fantasy get a live-action instead. Good news.
>>
>>117033372
>How do we feel about this?

threads will be cancerous
>>
>>117034077
>babbies first successful manga
>>
>>117034178
I read more manga than the shitty advertising medium that is anime.
>>
>>117034077
Read it all the way through and notice the drop from volume 4 to volume 5.

Read all of it.
>>
>>117033979
It wouldn't make as much sense for KnK. AnH already had this weird unsettling feel to it in the manga. KnK is similarly dark, but not unhinged in the same way.
>>
>>117034077

That just means it has poor pacing. It's less noticeable if you marathon manga because you can run through chapters so fast.
>>
The threads will be all kinds of terrible, the manga itself caused so much faggotry.
>>
>>117033979

If only, then I wouldn't feel the need to even try it.
>>
If it stays faithful to the manga, doesn't sugarcoat anything and isn't visually like aku no hana than I don't care
>>
Who should voice Shouko?
>>
>>117034077
If you read so much.
How can't you handle opinions?
>>
File: Koe no Katachi - Chapter 57 10.jpg (347KB, 1127x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Koe no Katachi - Chapter 57 10.jpg
347KB, 1127x1600px
Oh boy, I am sure ready to watch A Silent Voice the Animated series, a gripping tale about Shoko and Shoya written by up and comer Oima Yoshitoki.

>No one but CR will sub this

Friggin' gag me with a spoon.
>>
>>117034419
HanaKana
>>
File: Kana Hanazawa.jpg (343KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Kana Hanazawa.jpg
343KB, 1200x1200px
>>117034419
HanaKana. She'll find a way to insert herself into the anime, even if the girl's she's playing is practically mute.
>>
>>117034477
>>117034481

Was thinking more Mai Nakahara but sure okay
>>
>>117034469
Can't tell if parody, ironic or just retarded.
2/10.
>>
>>117034477
>>117034481
HanaKanamind

Still, an anime wasn't needed for this. I've seen enough sign language in my life. I doubt seeing it animated will have any kind of profound effect
>>
>>117034556
CR legitimately used Gag me with a spoon as a translation.

CR uses those shitty archaic romanizations.
>>
>>117034604
I don't read CR translations and thankfully never will.
>>
>>117034481
Can you sauce me on the titles?
I got Psychopass, Tokyo Ghoul and Monogatari.
>>
My God, what's the worst that could happen.

>Shouko gets pink hair
>Sign language is rotoscoped
>The whole thing is CG
>Some shit studio gets it
>Newfags come around calling it A Silent Voice, using CR's dumb romanizations

God, A Silent Voice is so dumb, The Shape of Voice is such a great title; how dare they think they can do better.

Fucking garbage, the lot of them.
>>
>>117034704
Consider suicide.
>>
>>117034704
Just look up HanaKana's roles, you fucking idiot.
>>
Who voices the deaf girl?
>>
Sign language subs when?
>>
>>117034748
It's your fault for making it popular.
>>
File: Deaf cry.png (745KB, 1056x531px) Image search: [Google]
Deaf cry.png
745KB, 1056x531px
>>117034874
The fuck it was, I wasn't one of the assholes who went around posting the one-shot on /v/ and /co/.

And you know as soon as something hits /v/, reddit gets it too, the same goes for /co/ with Tumblr.

And Tumblr loved it because muh ableism.

It was inevitably to become popular.

Oh God, I was hoping it'd end without an anime, my butt can't handle all this hurt.
>>
>>117033979
Nooooooooooooooooo!!!
>>
>>117034987
The moment it was posted on /a/ was its demise.
>>
It'll be like Watamote all over again, except with an even worse budget.
I'm betting A-1.
>>
>>117035057
Jitsu Wa has a large fanbase here and it's still safe.
>>
>>117035091
See you in a couple of months.
>>
>>117035057
Yeah, I just hope some decent subbers take it on, I really don't want CR being the only way for non moon readers to experience it like they were for the manga.

I can only hope for the best while expecting the worst.

I'm sorry, Koe no Katachi, you deserved better, I'm sorry we couldn't help you.
>>
File: 1408746041022.png (64KB, 517x424px) Image search: [Google]
1408746041022.png
64KB, 517x424px
>>117035146
Fuck.
>>
>>117035091
It's popularity came out of nowhere, too. I remember reading the first three chapters last year and thinking that it was going to fly under the radar since, honestly, it's just okay.
>>
File: 1400543974438.png (118KB, 280x580px) Image search: [Google]
1400543974438.png
118KB, 280x580px
I want to die.
>>
>>117035163
Don't worry, commie will end up meme-subbing it.
>>
>>117035262
#TYBC
>>
>>117034704
Did you start watching anime last season? They're from the past 3 years, you'll manage.
>>
yasssss

Shaft or nothing.
>>
>>117035378
It's about handsigns not necksigns.
>>
>>117035061

Nah, I'll bet it will get support from whatever deaf foundation is in Japan.
>>
>>117035262
I'd prefer Commie to CR. On fucking principle. CR had all the materials handed to them on a silver platter from the publisher and still managed to fuck up. They got pristine textless copies of the master prints and they compressed the shit out of them and they didn't even clean the resulting artifacts up at all; their typesetting and font choice is laughably horrendous, and their translations are utterly mediocre and sprinkled with ridiculous localizations.

Look at this fucking page, one of the most dramatic in the series; look at that fucking boring ass font.
>>
>>117033372
I swear man, if this isn't a 1:1 adaption, I will not be pleased. I know they can't fit everything in, and expect somethings to get skipped, but I don't want anything to be flat out missing or changed.
>>
Ah, and I was just about to start the series now that it was ended. Now I can wait for the anime, like I did with It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular.
>>
>>117035532
Wow, I guess font does have a big impact than what I expected. Now it looks boring.
>>
>>117035532
>we want to give american people the same feel they'd get as if they were a japanese person reading it in their language, that's why we strive to localise everything
This pretext always triggers me.
>>
>>117035532
Can someone provide the Raw for comparison?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (23KB, 239x416px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
23KB, 239x416px
>>117035675
This is the text from the Raw.

You can see that they were trying to emulate the Blocky text, but the choice they went with is utterly laughable. It's the most unemotive one they could have gone with.

There can be emotive block fonts.
>>
>>117035631
Ive never really understood this.

Japanese and english do not directly translate whatsoever, its literally im-fucking-possible to do that.
>>
>>117035793
I think the biggest problem is the size, they could have gone for a:
SHO-
KO!
And it'd have a bigger impact.
>>
>>117035850
>hyphenated words
>unnecessary hyphenated words
>>
>>117035532
>all that empty space
An editor approved this?
>>
>>117035933
If you try to logic it a little, in japanese it reads like an hyphenated word.
It might just work. I just need a drawfag to try and make the sample.
>>
File: Yes, yes I did.png (7KB, 689x201px) Image search: [Google]
Yes, yes I did.png
7KB, 689x201px
>>117035799
And that's where their ideology stems from, "It can't be exact, so we're going to try to preserve the spirit instead."

Which is fine in moderation, but CR completely turns what should be nuanced changes straight to eleven.

They turn Ueno into a valley girl, complete with 'gag me with a friggin' spoon', and likes interjected liberally. Are you telling me that that's accurate in any sense? Ueno is popular, but she isn't one of the Heathers.

You can smell the lack of effort on their part, all they had to do was translate. they didn't even have to prepare any pages, and yet they chose to do next to no work.

Can't you respect the series, or its readers?

And those are just some of the legitimate complaints; I'm still more annoyed by the fact that they changed the way the names were romanized. I get that CR never represents macrons as dual vowels, I do, but every other translator who ever did anything with KnK did, and that's how the name comes up on Google even.

Can't you respect your predecessors?

They could have made a respectable release if they put an iota of work into anything.

But why try, when our readers don't give a shit, right?
>>
>>117036121
>CR respecting their origins in a fansub community
Never in a million years.
>>
Series went to shit. Hope the anime bombs because of it
>>
>>117033962
They'll get hanakana or something to voice her lines. Will show maybe 1-2 sentences in sign language,
>>
>>117036121
are you stupid? Why would they follow a fan translation? Why didn't you go translate it if you're going to bitch about it?
>>
>>117035057
>>117034987
So when will CR pick up Boku Girl.
>>
I'm disappointed that this is getting an adaptation but I'm glad that it's an anime instead of a shitty live-action.

I wonder how butthurt anime-only fags will be when they learn how flawed and 3DPD the characters are.
I hope they become as mad as I was when deaf girl and bully boy don't even wind up in a relationship with each other. Seriously, what the hell.
>>
>>117033979
They could rotoscope just the hands to get the sign language properly done
>>
>>117036322
Once they can get a quick buck.
>>
>>117036311
>Why would they follow a fan translation
One, because it's more representative, and two because they were first.

CR owes all that it is to those fantranslators, the least they could do is show some reverence for those who came before them and to the work itself.
CR cares nothing about the works they treat, this evident.

All I ask is for a shred nobility.
>>
>>117036435
>They could rotoscope just the hands
The thought itself disgusts me. Rotoscope is terrible, it is always really evident and it always looks out of place and shitty. And don't go linking me to the Apollon Piano Scene, that looks like shit too.
>>
>>117036644
I think you just fear change.
>>
>>117036514
>One, because it's more representative, and two because they were first.
This never fucking happens with anything though, that's pretty stupid to expect that from anyone.
No company is going to rip anything from someone because they did it first, even if there's is better, they don't give a shit.
>>
>>117036514
Okay so you're in fact stupid. Its like you don't understand fan translations are not legal and that no company would follow fan translations and still be respectable in anyway. I don't give a fuck if they used Shoko vs Shouko it doesn't bother anyone who isn't autistic. We had no one else translating aside from CR otherwise you might have a real argument. If you could do better then why didn't you? Doesn't really matter since no translator could save how the story went downhill in the last two volumes.
>>
>>117036683
Change? Rotoscope has been around for decades, and it only looked remotely decent in the 40's with the Fleischers who put a hell of a lot more work into it than anyone nowadays will.

Rotoscope is a tool for the lazy, and that shows in its use.
>>
>>117036787
The complexities of a human hand in motion needs references. Especially when it's going to be purposeful motions like sign language.
But this won't be animated till late 2015 at best, so I don't see why we're having this discussion now, when we don't even have a studio, or a PV. I guarantee that the PV will reveal the sign language animation.
>>
File: muromi-signlanguage.jpg (479KB, 1440x1652px) Image search: [Google]
muromi-signlanguage.jpg
479KB, 1440x1652px
If a low budget comedy like Muromi-san can manage properly animated sign language, I don't think you need to worry too much about rotoscoping.
>>
>>117036763
>it doesn't bother anyone who isn't autistic

It doesn't bother you that you read something one way for 30 weeks then someone changes it for the worse? What about the title, do you care about its changing from a beautiful near poetic one to the rough, blunt, and comical one we got? Do none of these stir you to the core?
Is it proper to roll over and take it because it's the only thing available?

What about the legitimate complaints that abound their treatment of the work?
>>
>>117036953
My god, that anime was terrible but that's actually pretty cool.
>>
>>117036953

Did they do it casually, or was it done slowly as kind of a presentation?
>>
>>117036763
He's got a point. CR is insanely scummy for picking up series (eg. KnK, Nanatsu no Taizai, Yamada-kun, Arpeggio, ... ) only after they attained a fanbase. It is a legitimately shitty thing to do because these fans would've never been gained otherwise. Or not to such extent anyways.

My luck is that I live in fucking Belgium so I can't read their free idiotic scans. I don't even speak French, fuck you Crunchy.
>>
>>117037140
>oh no companies pick series that are popular and likely to make them money what a surprise
>>
>>117037140
Here's a link to all the CR KnK chapters in case you don't have them all.
There's two extra chapters up on batoto that CR doesn't translate because they're fucking retarded.

I'd still recommend reading both CR and the FwPA translations, because at least they cared.

https://mega.co.nz/#F!8J5XnLiT!F9UEsFiUEPvFAqiLAMN2lw
>>
>>117037237
Just because it's unsurprising doesn't make it any less of a shitbird move. Taking something that people worked on in their own free time for nothing but the love of the art and putting on your cold, unfeeling conveyor belt.

The CR scans may hold more detail, but none of that is due to them, those scans came in from Japan in perfect condition, and CR crushed them down into uncleaned jpgs to save a little space. The typesetting looks like it was done with the stock texts present in Paint.

It's soulless.
>>
>>117037007
No it doesn't bother me since they are pronounced the same fucking way. Also you are free to use the original Japanese title all you want.

You're the biggest manchild of the day.
>>
>>117037401
Fan translations and sub's are not LEGAL. Doesn't fucking matter what they did in their free time. Grow up and start living in the real world you child. Everyone who translates should know its not legal and can be stopped if a company picks it up this isn't new.
>>
>>117037082
It was a rapid-fire slideshow, so I guess it wasn't exactly animated, aside from the 3 characters with hand movement. It was the very first part of the OP.
>>
>>117037140
>>117037401
Jesus Christ, you take this shit way too seriously.
>>
>>117037401

Well, the reason we have no fan translations is because no one reads them over the legal ones, so if anything blame the fans for valuing speed over quality.
>>
>>117037471
I will not refute that, but I will not concede my assertions. The true title should not be the one used by the minority, it is beautiful and works directly translated into English.
It is alright to rework the untranslatable, but it is disrespectful and false to change what is totally fine.

>>117037537
Then let them take the chance of picking it up when it begins instead of leaching off of what's popular from the illegal sources.

And I'd be completely fine with CR if they were better; they have all the resources to make a great release, but they refuse to do anything short of what's the easiest. They don't care.
It wouldn't be hard for them to be great. It is unfathomable to me that they could be worse than a bunch of weeaboos sitting in their basements.

>>117037646
Is it so wrong to not be okay with being fed shit.
>>
>>117037646
Let me start saying I'm not that guy but I agree with him. If you care about your hobby is only natural you are passionate about it.

CR's move is perfectly understandable from a business standpoint but, as a fan of the works being scanlated, it's a bit hard not to get pissy when the quality of CR's releases isn't nearly as good as the quality of a fan scanlation and, even if they actually were worth the subscription money, you still have to retort to piracy because CR isn't available in every country anyways. In the end, you are left with a lower quality release of a manga that was already being properly scanlated while there are tons of untranslated manga out there. Again, a reasonable business decision for them, a shitty one for the original fanbase, though.
>>
>>117036953
I don't know anything about Muromi-san's budget (nor do you for that matter), but it's far from a series of low quality. That it had accurate sign language for a brief montage in the OP means absolutely nothing.

That said, I doubt the sign language is going to be the biggest problem to expect from an anime adaptation of Koe no Katachi. Worry about the stafff and studio first and foremost.
>>
>>117037794
What incentive does CR have to not do what they're currently doing? People at large don't care about their supposed lack of quality, no one else is willing to put forth the investment to provide any sort of real competition, and they're the ones getting paid for their work while the weeaboos sitting in their basements get nothing.

Who are you to say they're doing anything wrong? And I'm not even saying anything about whether CR sucks or not, I'm just saying that this is all pissing into the wind. You're only one person, and your whining doesn't change anything. It just shits up the thread with meaningless drivel.
>>
>>117037981
What about pride in one's work?
It would cost them next to nothing to put in the scantest bit of effort.
Whatever happened to being able to look out upon your work and being able to say, "Yes, this is the best I could have done"?

This isn't some kind of box factory, this is art; Ooima put her being into this work, and they're supposed to be her representatives to the English, Spanish, and French languages.

This culture of good enough is disgusting. And if you don't think questioning the quality at which we receive the work isn't worthwhile, then what is?
>>
>>117037981
Are you implying that because you can't change something you have to silently be okay with it?

I think most of us understand that there's nothing than can be done but that doesn't change the fact it's infuriating and people that do care about the little details will complain about it. One can only hope that perhaps one day CR will take notice and improve, after enough people have complained about it, after all, only the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
>>
>>117037646
If I can look back at my life and say that my only crimes were loving lolis and caring too much, I will rest easily.
>>
>>117038176
>And if you don't think questioning the quality at which we receive the work isn't worthwhile, then what is?

You could boycott and refuse to pay them. You know, boycotting something you never intended to pay for in the first place. CR are professionals, so they're going to go for as low quality as they can get while making as much profit as they can. You can leave that caring for art and "Ooima put her being into this work" for scanlations, of which there are none because no one actually scanlates because they care about the artist, they do it for epeen.
>>
.>>117037794
>Is it so wrong to not be okay with being fed shit.
That's fine, but try not to take such an extravagant moral high ground when you're talking about illegally downloading illegally scanlated manga.
>>
>>117033762
>Quality dropped
More like not enough suffering for you
>>
>>117038404
Then I'll keep trying in the vain hope that there is some selfless soul out there who can't stand this behavior.

>>117038416
I feel no shame about not buying from the Official Source because I've imported the Tanks. I feel that I am entitled to be able to read my property in the same way the Japanese can in my own language if there is an official English release.

>>117038564
It is true, the quality did drop from volume 5 onwards, six was just a chain of POV chapters where everyone was just healed by the magical crippled girl.

The POV chapters should have been spaced out in between the stories; the cast's growth mirroring Yuzu's which was done magnificently.
For example, Mashiba's flashback should be mixed in with him and Ishida going to the elementary school, and Sahara's during their outing to the Karaoke bar.
>>
>>117038735
Maybe you should learn Japanese.
>>
>>117038809
Maybe, but I still believe my points are valid.
Are we to suffer because we were born differently?

CR would still be doing what they're doing if I learned Japanese, and is it alright to ignore a problem if you have that luxury?

Is it okay to let others suffer in ignorance?
>>
>>117038921
>Is it okay to let others suffer in ignorance?

Sure because they're paying money, showing that they're satisfied with the quality.
>>
>>117037021
>terrible
Die please. You have no other choice, the World want you to die.
>>
>>117039126
But if they knew how they were being treated, they'd be appalled. They're only satisfied because they know nothing better.

If CR as it is today existed in 2006, we'd hail them, but not today because we've known greater quality releases.
>>
File: tesxt.png (1MB, 1127x1600px) Image search: [Google]
tesxt.png
1MB, 1127x1600px
>>117035628
>>117035793
>>117036003
Artfag here. Not perfect but it's true, it's amazing how goddamn important font choice is for evoking a feeling. Times New Roman is vanilla professional, Papyrus is vaguely archaic feeling, and Comic Sans for example, is perfect for evoking extreme rage.
>>
>>117037021
Why do you try so hard to live?
>>
>>117035091
That's because Jitsu Wa is shit. Other sites aren't gonna latch onto that garbage that I don't understand got popular on /a/. I picked it up when it only had 1 chapter translated and kept up with it long enough to realize it wasn't getting any better and then months later it's somehow popular here.
>>
>>117039540
I think it looks better. I don't completely dig the two lines but that can't be helped due to the differences between Japanese and English fonts, but it's better than all that blank space CR left.

The size also matters, and that tiny thing they used does not scream, "Oh Shit, my girlfriend is trying to paint the sidewalk."

It's more like, "Oh, that's happening."

Even if they were using that shit font, they could have easily gone up a size or two and it would have been the tiniest bit better.

>>117039649
I always assumed Dumbpire's fanbase was an offshoot of the Monster girl's fanbase clinging to anything that could sate their lust for content.
>>
>>117039736
I agree about the two lines thing. If you're going to stack text it should be done as round as possible in the bubble. You plan the panels around the speech bubbles to create a flow that the panels can also emphasize. Bakuman, for example, had superbly dynamic panel shapes and composition but ultimately ended up doing some bad things with the speech bubbles because of the sheer amount of text there was. You're right, since the difference between English and Japanese is reading conventions, filling premade speech bubble shapes with English is difficult to do in a way that isn't jarring.
>>
Which studio should have this project, KyoAni?
>>
>>117035850
>>117035532

Maybe they should've written it vertically? It's

o
k
a
y

to write single words vertically in english. Would be fitting in that instance.
>>
File: 1349302215699.jpg (58KB, 762x388px) Image search: [Google]
1349302215699.jpg
58KB, 762x388px
>>117034748
>manga localization announced here a couple of weeks ago
>presented as "A Silent Voice (Koe no Katachi)"
Still hoping they're just using the name it's known with online for the ones reading in scans.
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.