[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Younger Toguro was a powerful demon who wanted to be killed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: Younger_Toguro.jpg (305KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Younger_Toguro.jpg
305KB, 1280x960px
>Younger Toguro was a powerful demon who wanted to be killed by a human being
>Shinobu Sensui was a powerful human who sought to exterminate demons before his mental breakdown
How is it that they never fought? Was Sensui anywhere near as strong as he was during the Chapter Black saga back then? Did Toguro's power just plateau for fifty years?
>>
>>116622384
different locations
>>
They never met, obviously.
>>
Toguro's whole arc made no fucking sense.
>>
>>116622384
Toguro was shit compared to Sensui
>>
So how do I get into this series? Manga or anime?
>>
>>116625803
Anime english dubbed
>>
>>116625841
This. The dub is actually quite good.
>>
>>116625841
The dub is terrible.
>>
>>116625841
>dubs
>>
>>116625841
>>116625903
All right, anime then.
Will try different dubs, english ones arent always the best out there.

>>116625909
I love dubs.
>>
Toguro was a mercenary he wasn't the guy who orchestrated evil acts.

so the only way Sensui would fuck over Toguro would be if he was hired by one of his targets
>>
>>116625909
>>116625975
I'm not that big a fan of dubs but Yusuke's English VA is MILES better than his Japanese one.
>>
>>116626398
I disagree. Dub Yusuke was no better or worse.
Also, he was voiced by the fucking ADR Director so it's an unfair comparison.
>>
>>116626398
I'd also agree but part of it was because of the dialogue difference between English and Japanese. In the Japanese he came off as less of a delinquent but in English they changed some of his dialogue so he comes off as an ass.
>>
Why is he so perfect?
>>
Reminder that Toguro was B-class trash
>>
>>116627136
Fuck you
>>
>>116627090
His sister raised him right.
>>
>>116627090
Y-Yukina-chan!
>>
>>116627210
And yet his arc was more compelling than Chapter Black.
>>
>>116627304
The Dark Tournament arc was the best. And Toguro was the best villain.
I love a villain who instills fear in the MC
>>
>>116625841
never thought I would agree with english dubs but YYH's english dub is one of the best dubs i've ever experienced
>>
>>116627333

He was the best because of his ideals. Strength over all else. No magic bullshit. And he was ready and willing to prove it.
>>
It makes you wonder what Sensui was doing the entire time that the human world was being threatened during the previous arcs before his own. If Yusuke had never existed as a spirit detective, would Sensui have eventually stepped in when shit hit the fan?
>>
>>116630382
He really had no stake in those events.
>>
>>116630382
He was building a tunnel.
>>
>>116625318
Toguro's Dark Tournament Arc was one of the best orchestrated arcs that actually pulled all the pieces together from earlier chapters in a final culmination.

Everything had reason by the time backstories were revealed, and the backstories didn't feel like they were retconned, either.

>Yusuke dies and becomes a spirit detective.
>He enters a tournament to become the pupil of a famously strong, but aging, master who lives in the middle of nowhere, by herself.
>In the Dark Tournamnet Arc, Genkai is revealed to be strong because in her younger age, she's a veteran winner of the Dark Tournament.
>She secluded herself in the mountains to develop a technique that could cure Toguro's madness, but ultimately is unable to complete her life's work and has her student inherit her Spirit Wave Orb.
>Her inclusion in Yusuke's team and return to the Dark Tournament was a foreshadowing to her death.
>Prior to Genkai's revealed backstory, Yusuke seeks to get the same kind of power Toguro has; Absolute power so that nobody can push him around.
>Upon Genkai's death and successful inheritance of the Spirit Wave Orb, Yusuke has personal motivation to defeat Toguro, not only because he's inherited Genkai's will and duty, but because he now seeks to equal the score.
>Yusuke also realizes that in life and battle, there are two paths to seek power. By embracing one's comrades, or by abandoning/destroying them. He follows by Genkai's example.
>>
>>116627090
Hey Kuwabara is that your girlfriend?
>>
>powerful demon

Someone watched the dub and went full retard on that.
>>
>>116626398
>generic good guy voice
>miles better than TETSUOOOO

Congrats on your shit taste, Americlap.
>>
>>116622384
Toguro was ranked "B" and could have been defeated by a lot of other demons.
>>
>>116632275
I really liked Yusuke's english voice because he sounded very shounen and punk. Sometimes when I'm reading manga and there is a character who fits his profile I use his voice in my head.
>>
>>116632499
>shounen and punk
>typical shit-tier VA.

Sure, kid.
>>
If you didn't watch this at least once with the dub and Kuwabaras URAMESHI you don't know shit about anime.
>>
>>116633796
>watching dubs
>ever
>>
File: 1381251584704.jpg (192KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1381251584704.jpg
192KB, 1280x960px
>>116633974
>Not watching dubbed hakusho
>ever
Well done, newfag
>>
>>116633679

>saying kid

go rage in lol ya fuck
>>
>>116631446

this. good stuff anon.
>>
>>116633974
Did you really not hear Kuwabaras english voice? It is literally worth a rewatch for his shit alone, it's so overdone it's ridiculous.
Using epic memetext won't help you blend in if you're anonymous, you gotta tripfag for that.
>>
>>116631446
I fucking loved Toguro, Genkai, and the Dark Tournament because of how tightly woven and thematic the story was.
>>
>>116625841
English dub is actually good, don't listen to the subfags
>>
File: buggy_god.jpg (72KB, 411x330px) Image search: [Google]
buggy_god.jpg
72KB, 411x330px
>>116636433
Jap VA is good too. Somehow he keeps getting roles as gods
>>
>implying they didn't fight
>implying Sensui wasn't the other human who fought at the Dark Tournament that was talked about
>>
>>116640912
When does this happen?
>>
>>116640912
Sensui was trying to get to demon world. If he fought at the dark tournament he would have stayed but instead he lived underground building a tunnel for 10 years.
>>
Saddest part about YYH is that Togashi because of his laziness decided to end it prematurely.

All the arcs were well constructed, amazing backstories, logical, yet he had to fuck it up

Irony when Yusuke killed Sensui as a demon and Sensui died a human was beautiful.
>>
>>116622384
You are now aware of the fact that it is common for shounen mangaka to pull things from their asses as they go along.

>>116641889
The last arc was meh at best. I'm glad it ended when it did instead of running the series into the ground like what happened with Dragon Ball, Naruto, Bleach etc.
>>
>>116641889
Well now that he has some pull he doesn't have to end anything prematurely. He can just go on hiatus for months at a time.
>>
File: combine_images (1).jpg (528KB, 500x1493px) Image search: [Google]
combine_images (1).jpg
528KB, 500x1493px
>>116642083
Yeah, it was better he ended it before it became crap, in fact he gave this interview after ending it.
>>
>>116642083
Aren't the rumors that it was supposed to end after the Dark Tournament? Which is when everything would have been settled and Kuwabara would have actually died.
>>
>>116642216
Nope, jump wanted him to continue as they thought it might have been the next big thing, as a result he felt immense pressure.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.