[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does there ever come a point where they try to make it back to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 372
Thread images: 32

Does there ever come a point where they try to make it back to the real world? Or even try to understand why they are stuck in the game and it seems "real" now? Like, why is it they've decided to just seemingly forget all about the real world and everything they've left behind, like their families and friends?

Does it ever go that route? Ever?
>>
>>116245146

Nothing is ever explained ever. Just live with it.
>>
>>116245146
i know we're going full frodo right here, but...
i can't help but ask the same question. why no one is giving two shits about their actual state? what about the real world, their bodies, their families, their schools and/or jobs?
>MMO players
>their schools and/or jobs
Wow, scratch that.
>>
>>116245146
so how many episodes did u watched exactly before posting here
>>
>>116246103
Acually
>MMO players
>their bodies
>their families
scratch everything, i guess that everyone is living the fucking dream there.
>>
>>116246140

I've seen all of season 1 and am caught up with season 2.
>>
Unless you're a billionaire it's impossible for anyone to have a better life outside of the game.

People need to worry about making sure a Marche never shows up
>>
>>116246394
That's one kawaii dorf
>>
>>116245146
I believe you'll get to see what happened to people that became too obsessed/desperate with trying to make it back into the real world pretty soon.
And it ain't pretty.

As for the reason why it never becomes all that concerning for the focus characters; it just isn't really in their personality or given backstory to give a shit because they all turned to Elder Tales for escapism anyways. Almost all of them are anything but normalfags.
>>
>>116245146
>Does it ever go that route? Ever?
no, thank god
the writer is not a lazy hack
>>
Did you miss the part where nobody has a fucking clue how to get back or if it is even possible?
>>
Out of curiosity, about where are we in the novels right now? I'm curious if it'd be worth reading them with how many are translated already.
>>
>>116246695
IIRC there are two volumes not adapted in anime, so there may be filler for the latter end of S2
>>
There's an entire FACTION of people who are so homesick that they went insane.
They should show up in the next 10 episodes.
>>
>>116246804
Around what novel would we be at now though?
>>
>>116246804
No there won't. The last 1/5 of the 2nd season will cover volume 10, which likely will start being uploaded to web around the same time.
Anime staff already is revealed what volume 10 content is, and it's actually likely already finished.
It'll get weekly uploads once vol 9 is done.

Which reminds me, chapter 77 should be up within few hours now.
>>
Can somebody explain to me how exactly stats and skills apply to the adventurers' physical abilities? And how the battle system has changed post-Apocalypse?

The most straightforward one is strength, obviously. The more strength you have, the stronger you are. Defense is also pretty self-explanatory.

But what about evade? From the acrobatics skills Akatsuki displays, it seems that everyone with high evade skill just naturally became proficient in jumping around and dodging hits. But doesn't that give assassins the short end of the stick compared to guardians? When Elder Tale was still a game evade and defense were roughly equivalent since evade tanks and defense tanks operated on pretty much the same principle with different stats. Defense tanks would tank hits with their high defense and HP while evade tanks would dodge most attacks based on RNG and over time the average amount of damage they took would be equivalent to a defense tank. But now post-Apocalypse while Guardians can still sit around and take hits all day, assassins have to actually jump around to dodge hits and shit, which is much more demanding, which seems unfair.

What's more, it seems that adventurers have automatically gained proficiency in using their weapons based on their stat proficiencies. But how does that work in tandem with pre-existing proficiencies like Souji, who was a kendo practitioner in real life (which apparently gives him an edge). Krusty is a master swordsman who can best any Lander in technique, and it's hardly implied that he practiced broadsword techniques in real life (since those aren't exactly in fashion unlike kendo). If everyone high level automatically became master weapon wielders how does Souji having real life experience give him an edge at all? And what prevents you from just practicing and becoming more proficient than your stats imply? If a lvl 1 swordsman just spent all day practicing and never leveling up couldn't he still best a lvl. 90 swordsman by being gud?
>>
>>116248399
You do not automatically evade.
The evasion stats do assist you in reflex and faster motions, but the action of evading must be done proactively.

Which makes evade tanks a far more difficult role to play now.
>>
>>116248399
>If a lvl 1 swordsman just spent all day practicing and never leveling up couldn't he still best a lvl. 90 swordsman by being gud?

I'm guessing no, because a level 90 swordsman would be more than just efficient at their swordsmanship. They'd be faster and stronger, as well as having access to more skills and health than a lower leveled person.

I suppose a way to put it is a Child could be proficient with a weapon, but someone older is going to have a physical advantage regardless even if they're at the same skill level.
>>
Oh, and Assassins aren't evade tanks to begin with. That's monks.
>>
>ITT: escapism
These people need some saving.
>>
>>116247922
6/7. At the same time. 6 was the murderer plot and 7 the dungeon raid, though they chronologically happen at the same time so the anime shows it directly like that.
>>
>>116248399
I'd much rather avoid hits than facetank them, when you're actually feeling the impacts

And my interpretation of Souji's technique is that his experience actually fighting in kendo lets him use his adventurer abilities to their fullest. Everyone else might have just as good reflexes, but he actually knows how strikes and counters and evades actually work, so he can understand the fight on another level.

>If a lvl 1 swordsman just spent all day practicing and never leveling up couldn't he still best a lvl. 90 swordsman by being gud?
A better example would be something like a level 70 vs 90. I think you can overcome a level difference with a skill difference, but the gap between a level 1 and a level 90 is beyond ridiculous. They probably naturally regen faster than you could deal damage.
>>
>>116245146
who says this isnt the real world now?
>>
>>116248559
That's what I was implying. It seems unfair that while defense is still 100% stat-based people with evade stat have to manually do it now. Even if it automatically makes you better you can still fuck up, whereas you literally can't fuck up defense.

Or can you? It seems that you can actively defend yourself with a shield now, when before it would just provide a passive stat boost. If so, doesn't that tip the scales in favor of defense characters even more? You're even more well-defended than before the Apocalypse.

And how do real life logistics work into this? Does stabbing someone through the head (which are all unarmored for some reason) do more damage than your blade glancing off their shoulder plate? Does literally every part of the weapon do the same damage (meaning smashing a goblin with the hilt of the blade does the same DPS as whacking him with the blade) or do the sharp parts logically do more damage now? Do monks do more damage with their punches compared to their kicks?
>>
>>116248745
>It seems unfair that while defense is still 100% stat-based people

It seems unfair that summoners can contribute to everyday life than anyone else
It seems unfair that some people got stuck in their low level alts
It seems unfair that tanks have increased stamina that affects daily life

Nothing is fair dude.
This isn't a video game anymore, asking GMs for balance is pointless.
>>
>>116248399
>But how does that work in tandem with pre-existing proficiencies like Souji, who was a kendo practitioner in real life (which apparently gives him an edge)
Everyone else is just has muscle memory and operate completely on instinct. Souji actually being a kendo practitioner lets him actively strategize on shit like footwork and spacing.
>>
File: 2483142956949.jpg (62KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2483142956949.jpg
62KB, 1920x1080px
>>116245358
>>116245146
>>116246103
Yeah, if this show has a weakness, it's poor writing. I can forgive boring characters, all the unfunny jokes, the forced romance, the mediocre-at-best animation and forgettable OST. But the writer just fails in the story department. I've never seen a world uninteresting and yawn-inducing. Character interactions are so generic it hurts, it fucking hurts.

I know it's useless to complain about this show since /a/ will continue to praise it (because the hivemind has a hipster mentality and uses it to shit on SAO). Log Horizon apart from being dull is just not well made.
>>
Wait, so what's stopping you from taping three swords together for three times the deeps?
>>
>>116248814
It affects class viability though. Guardians are infinitely more reliable than monks as tanks now since their abilities are braindead easy to execute.
>>
>>116248923
You have been posting the same shit in every LH thread, always using random image that has nothing to do with LH, and same fucking post claiming SAO wannabe bullshit.

You don't even attempt to hide yourself.
Why are you so passionate to shit on LH threads? LH is never popular enough to warrant more than 1 thread, if we even have a thread up that is. Leave us alone.
>>
>>116248964
Clearly that no one has a triple wielding skill to use that.
>>
>>116248923
A slow clap for the gentlemen who took the time out his day to write us an essay.
>>
>>116249045
Is it ever explained what happens if you pick up a weapon that's higher level than you can equip? Is it just ineffective?
>>
>>116249018
Yes it does. AND?

It's not like people can change their class anymore.
Like I said, what part of "this is reality now, tough luck" do you not understand?
>>
Why hasn't shiroe ranked up the scribe level to broken status and write a world law: Anyone who hears a secret word must strip in front of Shiroe.
>>
>>116249085
It seems strange nobody is taking things like this into account when making raid formations because monks seems to be as plentiful as ever.
>>
>>116248923
It's a anime about an MMO written for children. Nobody expects pokemon to be well written, so why not give log horizon a bit of leeway.

Also I was glad to see Akatsuki getting BTFO this episode.
>>
>>116249111
For a nerd he seems strangely lacking in matters of libido.
>>
>>116249037
Wannabe shit posters will always be wannabe shit posters. Its how they live, without shit they will die.
>>
>>116245146
People are still trying to figure out what is going on but most people probably gave up pretty quickly. It's not worth it if your life is like shit while doing all that searching so people are more concerned with the here and now. Just like it would be normally.
>>
>>116249146
Monks aren't main tanks anymore, if they ever were. In Shiro's raid, Nautsugu and whatshisname are both guardians, and the primary tanks. Everyone else is around to keep the healers safe and deal with adds and shit, and do some dps.
Look at demidemi, he's a monk but he spends all his time Wyvern Kick!ing stuff
>>
>>116248923

is same guy as
https://archive.moe/a/thread/116102715/#q116142034
https://archive.moe/a/thread/116102715/#q116163961

I've seen more, but just didn't feel like digging for it. Maybe this is his daily quota.
>>
>>116246637
The thing is, basically no one has ever seemed interested in even trying to investing it. They all just sat around depressed or started enslaving NPCs for fun for a while, or started grinding for epeen, then started building their new lives. No one even did the basic "talk to all NPCs" thing to try and figure out what happened, or investigate the new content to see if it held clues. The Landers themselves had to propose a meeting, and Regun had to seek out Shiroe for any progress to be made in learning what the connection between worlds might be.

Yet the revelation that their avatars had been running around for decades, and the appearance of adventurers coincided with the beta for the game went entirely undiscussed despite it being a fucking huge revelation with implications for their lifespans, and interactions with people and places they'd interacted with went it was just a game. Much less any possibility it could provide a lead to getting back.
>>
>>116248399
you just gotta git gud
>>
File: mfwbestgirl.png (41KB, 150x149px) Image search: [Google]
mfwbestgirl.png
41KB, 150x149px
>>116246394
God that dwarf is such a qt
>>
>>116249167
For once on /a/, there is a person who acts like they enjoy anime.

All is vain.
>>
>>116249146
Probably because now resolve is something you have to take into account. Monks willing to be Monk prior to the apocalypse might not feel the same anymore after.
Just look at how many people bitched out of Silver Swords.

>>116248923
It's pretty weak as an action narrative or as an adventure narrative. Budget issue with the former, scattered focus issue with the later.
It's main appeal is that it is presented quite similarly to slice-of-life type shows, yet in a unique setting for the genre.

And as with most SoL shows, it's usually very hit or miss taste-wise.
>>
Oh man, imagine how weird taking off equipment with stat buffs must feel now. Take off your cuirass of light step and hewn pants of agility and suddenly you can't backflip as well anymore.
>>
>>116248678
Had a feeling that was a case. I can only find up to 7 translated, so I'm guessing its not worth it to read the novel right now.
>>
>>116249409
Please stop taking the bait
He's had same fucking replies every time he's posted
>>
>>116249085
Actually, from what I heard in the background in the latest episode, it seems they CAN change classes. Latest episode had a throw away line in the background saying " What? You're changing class AGAIN? "
>>
>>116249459
Taking off gear with int bonuses must be the worst thing
>>
>>116249459
or hell just taking putting down a weapon that gives those stats.
>>
>>116249492
it's perfectly worth it, the LN has a lot of stuff that wasn't in the anime, whether because of time constraints or because it's airing on NHK
>>
>Akatsuki is all emo over "muh weakness"
>instead of doing something practical like grinding EXP or getting raid drops she just goes and stares at people training, like that will do shit
Like, literally the only different between her and most competent assassins is their equips and levels, and yet she's obsessing over a super sekrit skill that barely anybody has.

Why the fuck is she so dumb?
>>
>>116247967

Are the web chapters the same length as the ones in the LNs? Wondering which one to start with, since volume 8 isn't getting translated last I heard.

... the web chapters are being translated, right?
>>
>>116249517
I think they were talking about subclasses. Subclasses are definitely changeable, but you have to start from level 1 again
>>
>>116249260
While William is forming the raid, Naotsugu remarked that Demi-demi's movement is sharper than when they first met. He thought that he is now activating skills via movement instead of the panel.

You do not lose the agility the class has granted you, it is only the matter of whether you can get used to it. Naotsugu and Shiroe were having trouble with a bunch of rats early on, until Akatsuki taught them to just do it without the panel.

Akatsuki is the kiter, and to some extent, MT the raid against the Murderer
>>
File: 1413740744241.jpg (157KB, 753x485px) Image search: [Google]
1413740744241.jpg
157KB, 753x485px
>>116249045
Soujirou already tried to make that an overskill
>>
>>116249517
You can change subclass (roleplay/crafting stuff).

You can't change main class (combat stuff)
>>
>>116249459
I wouldn't imagine that to be all that strange. Try wearing something like weighted armbands or something for a long period of time. Once you get used to them and take them off, you'd feel really weird moving around cause of how light you are.

I imagine it'd be a similar feeling, but probably in reverse.
>>
>>116249552
Akatsuki dosen't raid, that's why her gear is shit, and she can't very well go and do it now because Shiroe gave her a jon
>>
>>116249552
Can't stray too far from the princess.
Ez mobs near towns = almost no exp.
>>
Do you think if Log Horizon as a whole franchise will be saved if Mamare shows up here again?

I doubt it
>>
>>116249566
well, each volume published has 5 chapters, the web versions have more than that, so guess not. The web novels should be able to be translated with no issues, but whether anyone will want to, and whether baka-tsuki will want to host them I don't know
>>
>>116249599
>a jon
she's not a prostitute.
>>
>>116249632
Well played
>>
>>116249518
Do int bonuses actually make you smarter? Nobody seems to be remarking on any of the mage characters being sharper or anything.
>>
>>116249550

Oh I figured it would, but I generally prefer to read to get ahead or get more detail. If the anime is about where the translated books are, I can just wait and be right there with them. Plus I prefer to wait a little while after an anime so I can forget major plotpoints and such and experience it fresh again.
>>
>>116245146
STFU Marche. The'yre MMO players. They'd probably kill anyone who figured out how to get them all back until they lost their memories.
>>
>>116249644
ReGan's circlet helps him to sort through all the information of the past Sages.
>>
Serious question: Why the fuck would they?
>>
Wait, so if each hit does the same amount of damage, isn't it better to do a lot of rapid hits at once than several big hits?

Like, wouldn't your DPS shoot through the roof if you somehow managed to pin someone down and just vibrated your shortsword against their face?
>>
>>116249552
The precise reason that she's never done a raid before was because she was always too betamax to group with others.
Every single one of her problems stem from her complex towards having others look down on her making her incredibly prideful yet reserved.

So yeah, brain problems more or less.
>>
>>116249644
It might be the equivalent of taking A.D.D. meds
>>
I just noticed all three WWB girls the Evil Santa knocked the fuck out were tanks.

Kyouko: Guardian
Isami: Samurai
Kawara: Monk

I guess this was on purpose just to make Souji look OP as fuck.
>>
>>116249732
>never raided
>still max level prior to update
Man, that must've taken some dedication.
>>
>>116249644
Rundelhaus says hello.
>>
>>116249731
>so if each hit does the same amount of damage
Nobody ever said that.
>>
Honestly I'd say them being in the MMO world is just an easy way to set "how things are". Dealing with death and the population and some way to advance the plot.
We're due for a chat with our data based writer, aren't we?
>>
>>116249731
Kanami's Overskill is just that. She initiated the movement of another skill before the first skill finished, therefore not putting the first skill under CD
>>
>>116249779
So how do damage calculations work now if they don't operate off pure numbers?
>>
>>116249760
what mmo has raids before max level?
>>
>>116249801
That's not how it works. CD still happens, but she can indefinitely connect moves without any downtime.
It's literally unending barrage of punches
>>
>>116249756
So is Souji, you know.
Besides nothing says they were running tank builds. Look at Isaac and Krusty, they're both Guardians but are geared for DPS.
>>
>>116245146
It ends with Notsugu getting Tetra pregnant.
>>
>>116249855
If adventurers could get pregnant, we would have seen rape baby bellies by now
>>
Imagine how fucking fun being an assassin must be now.

Everyone else is still a slow, lumbering piece of shit, but you can literally teleport and jump from roof to roof now, not to mention how hard you can exploit invisibility.
>>
>>116249834
Krusty literally tanked at the frontline with kazillion healers and mages behind him.

And yes, I know Souji is too, that was the fucking point.
It's to make him so much more badass.
>>
>>116249834
You didn't get the point.
>>
I wonder, can you physically bypass item cooldowns by physically consuming them?

Imagine fashioning an IV drip of HP pots.
>>
>>116249932
They probably don't have any effect if you forced it down.
>>
>>116249890
Or any of the mage classes. Literal magic, and you can probably invent new spells and shit now.

Warriors got screwed. Their class features are pretty much mainly useable for fighting
>>
>>116249932
Can you imagine the sorts of retarded experiments that go on in 8th and OS?
>>
>>116249882
But anon, the database at the first months of the Apocalypse is not more real than now. Also, Mamare stated that the pregnancy may be one of the plot he will plan.
>>
Can you freely auto attack in this game and develop techniques off of it? Like can a guardian like Crusty or Isaac do a round house kick even while wielding a two hander? How does it work?

I mean Souji being a kendo practitioner is one thing, but what if someone was really fucking based in real life combat?

And what about stealing? Can you disarm someone and steal their weapon?
>>
>>116250022
Sure you could kick and punch people, but unless you can chain a skill onto it it's going to be fucking useless against anything but low level mobs
>>
>>116249968
Warrior are also good for labor work.

Magicians rule the world, again.
>>
>>116250022
The better question is if you can rape someone. Why dont people tie weaker players up and rape them?
>>
>>116250070
Then can you train your basic attacks? Or is it a static number?
>>
>>116250015
>Also, Mamare stated that the pregnancy may be one of the plot he will plan.
Incoming flood of aborted fetuses filling up the cathedral.
>>
>>116246103
They're in the real world. They are really there. They've been there for months, They're immortal there's barely any danger and they're with their friends. A lot of them would probably not care about going home
>>
>>116250100
does anyone have that post chain screencapped?
>>
>>116250098
You could possibly develop an overskill for it, only Monks are good at the whole unarmed thing mechanically and even they tend to use cestus or other fist based weapons to up the damage
>>
>>116249968
Isuzu created a new Bard Song, and it had its own spell effect, so yeah.
I imagine summoners getting monsters not previously able to bind to contract binding to contract, and sorcerers trying to invent nuclear fusion spells.
>>
How does damage scale with physical force?

Like, in real life when you get punched, punches with more force hurt more.

So is the difference between dealing 20k of damage vs. 2k with an identical weapon but characters of different stats literally 10x the amount of physical force? And given how retardedly most MMO's scale do end game characters dish out blows that ought to level buildings by any reasonable estimate?
>>
>>116250146
Wizard pls.
>>
File: 1411951427250.png (993KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1411951427250.png
993KB, 1280x720px
>>116250100
>Delicious has a kid
>holds it before he gets sent back home
>when he's home he's holding a big pile of meat because only half of its genes exist
>>
>>116250161
Stats literally affects punches, yes.
A lv90 monk can destroy a concrete building in less than 10 minutes.
>>
>>116249894
If you consider vaporizing masses of goblins with swings of his axe, sure.

Krusty wasn't really any more of a tank than a frontline swashbuckler who has aggro.
>>
>>116250120
And for the ones that do want to go home, there are a bunch of different "Mew-is-under-the-truck" shenanigans that they suffer through that we will never get to see.

>To get home, you have to run in a straight line for 24 hours straight, causing a portal to open.
>>
>>116250002
It's ironic, whereas before most crafting skills were a huge bore of menus and combat was where the game got fun the merchant guilds are probably having the most fun trying to break reality while the combat guilds are getting their shit kicked in by raids.
>>
>>116250100
Oxytocin is not invented yet in Database
>>
>>116250206
>There's some asshole in LH who constantly invents these rumours just to watch the results
>>
File: 1404148977201.png (61KB, 301x196px) Image search: [Google]
1404148977201.png
61KB, 301x196px
>>116250100
>Yfw Akatsuki gets glopped and has a magical plot armor child
>>
>>116250145
I wasn't strictly talking about unarmed attacks. I was mainly talking about the freedom of movement while fighting.

Like, an Assassin would most likely not have a move that would swing a giant ass halberd around like a flail but that doesn't stop you from doing it right? So I'm wondering if your non-skill attacks can be trained to do more damage over time even if they aren't an established skill.

Or like, what if you wield a spear and deliberately thrust it at someone's crotch. Stuff like that.
>>
>>116250209
On the other hand they now have to deal with administration and economics bullshit. Not everybody has Henrietta on hand.
>>
>>116250203
"tanking" simply means holding aggro and not dying, brah.
It doesn't have to necessary be about taking all the hits.
If you can keep aggro from going to anyone else, and not die, that's tanking.
>>
File: 32.png (308KB, 519x536px) Image search: [Google]
32.png
308KB, 519x536px
If Soujiro's teachings can't beat it
How the fuck are they gonna take down Santa?
>>
File: WIZARD.jpg (155KB, 757x430px) Image search: [Google]
WIZARD.jpg
155KB, 757x430px
>>116250146
Didn't a summoner in the LNs I haven't got to yet get a dragon raidboss waifu or something?
Wizards definitely have the most room to take advantage of the database's hazy rules. Its already starting to happen with salamanders providing free energy for steam engines and things.

>>116250170
Don't hate, appreciate.
>>
>>116250228
Nothing stopping anyone from using the trusty old wire hanger.
>>
>>116249079

I think you can't use it right if you don't meet it's requirement. Like a sword would be too heavy or a bow too stiff for you.

I say this because it seems consistent with how other shit works out for them.
>>
>>116250209
And subclasses like "Food Fighters" were worthless.

After the Catastrophe they became godly.
>>
>>116250250
There is something stopping you, I don't even know if an assassin could equip a halberd let alone use it because the class system still exists. Otherwise we'd have spellcasting Tanks and Shiroe learning black mage spells
>>
>>116250265
Just like all annoying as fuck and overly gimmick-reliant MMO bosses that you can't simply overpower.
Find a way to fuck with his gimmick.
>>
>>116250324
He basically is a GM
>>
>>116250289
>Wizards definitely have the most room to take advantage of the database's hazy rules.
It's basically D&D all over again. Wizards can do whatever they want and in a non primarily combat setting that can ruin balance something fierce.
>>
>>116250289
He had the contract since the game days though.
And she's now sentient, takes human girl form, and yandere for KR ('s guts)

In fact I think Ga-tan is the first example of monsters actually speaking human language in LH so far.
>>
>>116250250
That would probably be an overskill.
You have to teachings yourself into the realization that there's nothing stopping you from being an assassin with a massive battleaxe and doing hundreds of millions of sneak attack damage or whatever assassins do.
It probably just takes a lot of practice to get it to a point where it works.
>>
>>116250310
Okay sure, but my point about the freedom of how you wield a weapon or attack still stands. Like how effective are the non skill based attacks basically even if you devote yourself to them?

If Jackie Chan was transported to ET and ran into Akiba Ikea and fought Santa, would he still be a god and shit all over Santa or would none of his don't want no trouble attacks do diddly squat even if they hit Santa in the sack?
>>
>>116250265
Just wait for it, I guess
>>
>>116250161
>The sole of his Storm Assault Sabaton Boots, which seemed to be cut directly from heavy armor, sent mind numbing shocks to the scalp of his head. If he were to do this in Susukino, the abandoned buildings would crumple into a mountain of debris. Not just Demiqas. As Demiqas flew by in a blur of green, Federico was also striking with his flaming blade repeatedly, surrounding Ibura-Habura with the other melee fighters, like midgets around a giant.
>>
>>116250384
That sounds awesome. Then it's possible that a non-magic class can also learn magic no? Just at a very shitty rate, like how Rudy was as a lander, maybe worse.
>>
>>116250310
>I don't even know if an assassin could equip a halberd let alone use it because the class system still exists
I dunno. Even back when it was still a game Kanami's char was a swashbuckler wielding a spear when that one chart says they can only use one handed weapons.
>>
>>116250433
That is more iffy. Remember, you have to be a chef to cook, for instance.
>>
>>116250389
Depends on how his martial arts transfer into the worlds abstract mechanics
>>
>>116250433
Yep, either through subclass or fox tail race. Might be more.
>>
>be a god tier slut IRL
>stuck in the database
>subclass is courtesan
What overskill would I get?
Pleasure men/women by just looking at them?
>>
>>116250433
The game mechanics are starting to break down from what I last remember reading so possibly. Just recall that only a few months have passed since they've reached where they are in the story right now.
>>
>>116250464
Then what about the reverse? It's not like we haven't seen magic users use their staff as weapons and shit. Even if you were Kenshiro buff you still wouldn't be able to wear plate as a sorcerer with via practice?
>>
>>116250521
Probably exploiting lander nobles
>>
>>116250350

No, not quite. He's pretty brutal though. In the anime alone he

>Can (apparently) teleport.
>Has Health buffed by an unknown % based on the number of Adventurers in a city-wide radius.
>Has Damage buffed by a similar modifier.
>Probably has ludicrous defensive stats (armor).
>Has the UI confused since it doesn't know how to handle someone with the Moving Armor equipped on their person.

And that is just shit we've seen him do thus far in the show. The list probably continues.

I guess he's also probably CC immune, though I don't think we've been shown anyone trying to use hard CC skills on him.
>>
>>116250521
Going in heat when seeing another person.
>>
>>116250464
That's actually no longer true. Around the same time that the flavor text started being more than just flavor, restrictions of cooking to the Chef subclass also seemingly disappeared
>>
>>116249290
They're investigating it now, actually. The Roderick Firm guild (one of the three Round Table production guilds) is dedicated to finding out more and understanding more about the world, so they understand the effects of the Catastrophe as well as possibly, one day, begin work on finding a way home.

Similarly, down in Australia, the Green & Green guild is dominating the entire server, training dragons, and working hard on getting home (they're probably the closest to getting there of everybody).

The main problem is that people just don't know enough about what happened. It's not a question of "where do we get the info", it's a question of "where do we look to find the info on how to begin looking in the first place".
>>
>>116250521
Seduce raid bosses
Hope you know a good healer
>>
>>116250528
We're reaching a point where class dosen't exist anymore so it's quite possible in the near future, I am interesting in how they're going to handle if skills disappear
>>
It seems that classes whose focus translate to something "skill-based" (i.e., monks, assassins) that make you better at something you have to perform actively (assassination techniques, hand to hand combat, dodging) have less potential than classes that are mostly based on passive buffs, like most magic classes and classes that stack defense/strength heavily.

Because while monks can't learn to hit harder, guardians can learn to dodge better. And while Demikas can't learn Thorn Bind Hostage, Shiroe can learn Bajiquan to defend himself at close quarters (not that he ever would).
>>
>>116250614
>The Australian guild is the one that wants to go home the most
I shudder to think what MMO Australia must be like
>>
Soujiro is making me consider dropping this after following it since season 1. God I hate that fucking faggot and his harem, it takes me out of the show whenever I see them.
>>
>>116250672
I'm guessing theres no giant bugs or poisonous wildlife at all. Most of the Australian guild is just plain bored compared to what they're used to normally living with.
>>
>>116250702
I dont mind him but his harem is shitty.
>>
>>116249290
What they know (not collective, not everybody knows all of this):

- Landers seemed robotic, but now have history and personality.
- They seemed robotic to Landers.
- Adventurers were, and seemingly are, ageless. Shiroe was 98 years old, for example, as Landers understood it.
- The history of the world appears to conform in some ways to the creation of the game (beta testing and so on). Why is unknown.
- The game world is changing, and previous "system rules" are becoming less true.
- There are new Genius monsters. They are killing the Ancients for some reason.
- Shiroe and Nureha have a method that MIGHT send people home. Either it does that or it permakills you with no hope of return. Untestable.
- Death seems to rob them of memories of their old world. (Its effect on Rudy is unclear.)
- There are "World Travelers" who seem to be aliens. Sort of. Maybe.

What we know (in addition):

- They vanished from in front of their computer screens when the expansion went life. (Manga, we see it happen)
- When they die they go to the moon. Why? Who knows.

That's pretty much it.
>>
>>116249583
>Souji
>wat r u doin
>Souji
>stahp
>you are not Zoro
>>
>>116250774
>- When they die they go to the moon.
And said moon is the beta server.
>>
>>116250774
>Why is unknown.
There is no way they can be this dumb. Anyone can easily realize they were controlling these bodies in another real world via the computer. They have had months to realize you can not tell me that no one has.
>>
>>116250708
That's probably for the best
>>
>>116245146
OP if you were in a game past dying and logging out what would you do. There's no final boss or whatever, seriously, what would you do to get out?
>>
File: 1405484320992.png (812KB, 717x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1405484320992.png
812KB, 717x1024px
WWB girls are miracles of the database.
>>
>>116250801

>also not Kenshin.
>>
>>116250842
The problem is where you go from there. Postulating that is largely meaningless unless you were using it as the basis of a more coherent theory. Or more importantly, what you can do now that it's been theorized.
>>
>>116250842
That would imply that the world existed entirely beforehand. However, it appears that the world grows and changes in reaction to the Adventurers. They can literally look from Akiba to a mountain and see it getting further away as the days go past. This would indicate that they are creating the world, not just controlling bodies in another pre-existing world.

And remember, it's still speculation on their part (Regan has an advantage because he spends his entire life studying history and World-Class magic, the Adventurers are taking baby steps). That's why they're researching, to find all this out.
>>
Does non-system physical trauma hurt people? Or in other words, is there fall damage. Or stubbing your toe damage.
>>
>>116250948
Well his username is literally Soujirou Seta.
>>
>>116250842
So if you think that, then what next? Did the people creating Elder Tale know this? How did they do it? Was it accidental? Where are all the devs and admins now? They're certainly not in the world. It's a nice theory, but you can't verify it, and where are you going to go to get the evidence to verify it?

Plus, the Genius monsters are aware of the system mechanics and appear to possibly have memories and knowledge of the old world. So what does that mean?
>>
>>116251004
Yes. That's been established really early. Assholes discovered that just gratuitous non-weapon physical violence doesn't count if it doesn't affect HP.
>>
>>116251004

Yes. It hurts less because Adventurer bodies are much stronger. Shiroe mentioned it in the Depths of Palm anime episode in Season 1.
>>
>>116251031
So in LH we can have Rurouni Kenshin but not TMNT?
>>
>>116250972
>The problem is where you go from there.
When they realize magic brought them in they can realize magic can bring them out.

>>116250975
I believe it did exist beforehand.
>>
>>116250975
>They can literally look from Akiba to a mountain and see it getting further away as the days go past
Which begs the question, how do roads accommodate this change? Do they literally spawn more bricks as the days go past?

If you took a very long rope and tied it to said mountain and a post in Akiba would the rope eventually snap or become longer as days passed?
>>
>>116251004
You can rape people without triggering the Guard system. It was going on for a while in the early days. Trying to fight back actually calls the guard on you, because you're initiating combat by doing so.
>>
>>116251084
I'm guessing similar name and skills but otherwise different is not the same as a guy who's outright cosplaying and roleplaying as a character.
Also western copyright laws are way more of a bitch.
>>
>>116251097
Belief is irrelevant, you need to prove it, and there's just as much against as for, arguably more of the former than the latter right now.

As to magic, you'd need to find the person or persons who used the magic. They are no closer to that than they were at the start. Because, again, they don't even know where to look. Or to look to find out where they need to start looking.

>>116251105
This is part of what they're researching. To find shit out. The world is getting larger in response to their presence, so the Roderick Firm is researching these effects.
>>
Will the auto guards eventually gain sentience and realize how fucking stupid it is to babysit a bunch of immortal heroes?
>>
>>116251056
>Did the people creating Elder Tale know this?
Eldertales was likely created via magic not science. And yes whoever did it absolutely did know that.
>How did they do it?
Large scale magic in the other world. This is a minor twist on the standard "magician summoning heroes to defend the world." In this case the magician left them in their world to train their bodies in this world via a "game."
>Was it accidental?
No
>Where are all the devs and admins now?
There never were any. It was created by a magician.
>where are you going to go to get the evidence to verify it?
Basic logic. If it was a game the landers would not have in depth knowledge of the players.
>>
>>116251174
>Belief is irrelevant, you need to prove it, and there's just as much against as for, arguably more of the former than the latter right now.
It's really complicated to figure out a world where the laws are actually rewriting themselves in real time, isn't it.
>>
>>116251221
Yes. Which is part of why all the "why aren't they trying to get home?" questions that invariably pop up are stupid.
>>
Wait, so where DID all the other guards go?
>>
>>116251108

This plot point can actually be ignored.

It happened in one of the manga adaptations and wasn't a detail in the LNs from what I've been led to believe.

That aside, the rule of thumb is - Any action against another player that does not activate a skill is not considered a breach of the 'Harm' rule. Autoattacking is a skill, any strike that the game recognizes as an autoattack would breach the rule. The difference in that case is, presumably, intent.
>>
>>116251181
The auto guards were most likely designed (by the magician who brought the players to the world) to force the players to work together. My guess is that the players were brought to the world specifically to finish some quest for the magician and that he needs them to work together to do that.
>>
>>116251267
Why would they respond to Santa?
>>
>>116251267
They're still there. They just don't show up because they don't react to guard vs adventurer.
>>
What happens if William uses his bow to shoot someone that is on the moon?
>>
>>116251340

Akatsuki suffers a mind shattering orgasm. That's what happens.
>>
>>116251181
Anon, one of the guards did. He went and got that raid boss sword, and now there's an anime arc about him murdering people because he disapproves of them.
>>
File: 8E6D8kr.jpg (247KB, 1450x1000px) Image search: [Google]
8E6D8kr.jpg
247KB, 1450x1000px
>>116251084
Well, Watsuki can't say shit about parodies.
I mean look at his own work pic related.
>>
>>116251307
>>116251304
And I'm assuming there's some "ancient treaty" that forbids them from taking action unless PvP is explicitly occurring?

But they're living beings with consciences now, right? Why doesn't someone summon them by attacking another (willing) player and then request for them to deal with Santa, then letting themselves die for the crime?
>>
>>116251293
The novel also suggested rape and Shiroe suggested they need to police that shit.
Which pretty much confirms WWB manga as entirely reasonable to have happened.

Or did you conveniently forget that shit.
>>
>>116251447
Guard system notes PvP happening, notifies guards, guards in armour teleport to location.
>>
Is RG vs RG possible?
Would the RGs ignore Santa if they were force summoned by the adventures via PK?
>>
>>116251447
Why would they attack someone flagged as one of them? The system is fucked
>>
Does Time Magic existed in Elder Tales? I imagine if it existed, they can roll their consciousness back to the time before Apocalypse, at least if they can't go back to their real world, they can understand how the Apocalypse worked and more importantly, who did cast that fucking magic?
>>
>>116251498
That would be World Class magic.

It might exist. We don't know. Regan possibly would.
>>
>>116251494
Because he's obviously a raging lunatic and they're no longer NPC's operating off of a very limited set of programmed routines but living beings with moral compasses that just happen to be doing their jobs?
>>
>>116251475
Probably. It's not their job.
Besides they wouldn't beat him. It's not just a guard, it's a guard possessed by a raid boss with an overpowered sword.
>>
>>116251475
It might be possible now. It depends on how far the game rules have given way to reality establishing itself.
>>
>>116251538
The guards aren't the same as regular landers, they've never been shown to give a shit about anything but the iron clad rules, they're moralfags
>>
>>116251475
They can't beat him. He can teleport like they can (and his actions and location aren't logged), and has enough raid boss power to beat them if they try fighting him.

People seem to underestimate just how stupidly powerful Enbart Nelles has gotten with that sword by being in Akiba. Soujirou is THE most haxed out overpowered character in the entire city, possibly a good chunk of the server. And Soujirou lost.
>>
>>116250594
are disappearing, they can only make salad if not a chef
>>
File: martin thunder.jpg (57KB, 288x423px) Image search: [Google]
martin thunder.jpg
57KB, 288x423px
Why doesnt Tatara just make a weapon with flavor text that says it instantly kills anything it touches
>>
>>116251595
>Soujirou is THE most haxed out overpowered character in the entire city
Isn't that Krusty?
>>
>>116251681
Not in the city
>>
>>116251681
Maybe before he developed Clairvoyance, but not after.

Krusty and Isaac would be the next two down.
>>
>>116251679
The flavor text is added on its own.
Some creepy sentient overlord is writing that shit in
>>
>>116251679
It would probably level 500, or require level 500 swordsmithing
>>
>>116251698
>>116251681
All three of them have overskills, and they are about equal in strength.

If you wanna talk hax, talk about Kanami and her pet frog ninja and pet Gary Stu lander hero.
>>
>>116251681
Krusty has better stuff but he's hardly an overly skilled warrior. He just swings and enjoys that his axe is twice the size of most people.
>>
I don't understand why overskills are unique to each individual.

Cooking wasn't.

What prevents others from just using the same exploit?
>>
>>116251743
Neither Krusty nor Isaac have developed overskills.

Krusty probably will if he's the one who got dumped with Best Party, but it's just a "increases damage by trading memories of old world" one. Souji's is much better because Krusty would have to actually hit them.
>>
>>116251747
Yo, stop being new and go listen to the fucking drama CD that came with book 7.
>>
>>116251777
It's a unique development of the way you play, most of them wouldn't work for other people
>>
>>116248587
but escapism isnt exactly a bad thing depending on the approach you take, forgetting your problems sure wont solve them but actually doing something so that you never actually have to deal with them while having no real negative consequence, then that isnt that bad of a thing.
>>
>>116251777
They're not inherently unique to people, but they require more than just having an idea. You have to hone its usage to the point it becomes natural skill. It's inherently tied to your mentality, and thus hard to pass on to others.
The only example of overskill (well, other than cooking) that successfully was mimicked by another player is Keronardo copying from Kanami.
>>
>>116251839
Can't you see it's not healthy!
>>
>>116251777
An overskill is unique to each individual because they're based on your experiences, the way you play, your build, your class, your subclass, and your ability to go "hang on, if I do this and this, then when this should normally happen, I can combo them like THAT and BOOMOHSHITOVERSKILL".

Akatsuki and others attempt to learn overskills that aren't theirs, but it doesn't work, because it wasn't HER ability. So she developed her own, based around her abilities and talents and history/experiences.

Cooking is only very loosely an overskill.
>>
>>116251777
It's less unique and more that you have to think about it and more importantly be good enough to do it.
And besides, what would be the point in telling everyone how to do it? You'd lose your edge in this world. Even Shiroe witheld the secrets of cooking until he got everything he needed out of them.
>>
>>116251679
>Misa's scythe rumours are spreading.
>Tatara forge a sword.
>Write that flavor text.
>How the fuck am I even bring this sword to my store.

Just write a flavour text which describe that sword can transformed into a worked gun or even a nuke launcher.
>>
>>116251842
>They're not inherently unique to people, but they require more than just having an idea. You have to hone its usage to the point it becomes natural skill. It's inherently tied to your mentality, and thus hard to pass on to others.
You could say that about every fucking skill in actual life, and yet people find ways to teach others.

What exactly is harder about passing on an overskill than passing on a regular sword technique in real life?
>>
>>116251842
Except Leonardo's overskill is different from Kanami's? It's patterned off hers, and he learned it by watching her, but it's still his ability, not hers.
>>
Why is Crusty called MILODO while Shiroe is called SHKUN?
>>
>>116251897
In given time, I'm sure.
I think you're completely forgetting the fact that not much time has passed yet.
You don't pass on a new invention or idea that quickly.

Like you said, "just like real life".
>>
Okay, I only watched the anime until now. What, except for the novels can I read/watch in order to learn more about the world? There still is tons of stuff being discussed here which I had the impression of that it would be on the level of fanfiction.
>>
>>116251899
He copied her idea, and applied to her own.
Stop being pretentious with semantics anon.
>>
>>116251936
Crusty is a westaboo
>>
>>116251944
The manga though I don't know if manga are canon.
There is also the TabletopRPG
>>
>>116251936
because she's RPing a fucking ninja, moron
>>
>>116251897
Takes years to do that, it's only been a few months
>>
>>116251944
Novel and anime = canon
side story manga = approved by author, mostly canon with exception
fan fiction = not canon, but Mamare incorporates some parts of them into his canon

So stick to the side story manga, fan fiction blurs the line too much between fan fiction and canon concepts.
>>
File: tatara.jpg (947KB, 2942x2136px) Image search: [Google]
tatara.jpg
947KB, 2942x2136px
Why does Tatara need so many shekels?
>>
>>116252041
>with exception
Is the crescent moon spin-off canon?
>>
>>116251791

Krusty's first overskill = Hyperion Eyes
He gains his second OS after he gets dumped to China, which is what you're talking about.
>>
>>116252085
Everyone knows dwarves are fantasy jews
>>
>>116251387

These look cool.

Know which manga they are from? I it kenshin?
>>
Well, Japan server has its own name (Yamato) with its own region name (Eastal, Westerlande, Ezzo, Four Lands, idk about that Kyushu equivalent).
I wonder about another server, do they have their own name?
Equivalent of Poland in ET would be Kurwaland.
>>
>>116250260
You're confusing the means and the end here.

Tanking is to absorb damage on your team's behalf. Holding aggro is simply a means to that, holding aggro does not inherently mean you're tanking anything.

I don't actually recall Crusty taking any hits during the battle to begin with.
>>
>>116252175
Imagine Brazil
>>
File: greedy dwarf.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
greedy dwarf.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>116252085
Because she doesn't haggle
>>
>>116252158
Yeah they are from Kenshin.
To be fair though, Watsuki admits to all this in his books, where and who the parodies and homages are from.
>>
i like how all the low level characters are visually children AND played by children
>>
>>116252016
>>116251937
>>116251897
>>116251872
>>116251866
>>116251842
>>116251802
Only Soujirou, Akatsuki, Kanami, and Leonardo's overskills could be said to be hard to execute, since they actually require physical training. The others are just easily replicable mechanics exploits. There's nothing preventing another Scribe from doing exactly what Shiroe did if he just handed them the ingredients and materials. Nazuna's overskill is pretty easily replicable as well.
>>
File: Momo.gif (203KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
Momo.gif
203KB, 500x250px
>>116252253
>Watsuki
Huh?
>>
>>116251387
Most of those really aren't very similar at all besides Venom and the top left.
>>
>>116252306
Watsuki is the author/artist of Rurouni Kenshin.
>>
>>116252306
That's Yabuki.
>>
>>116251681
>>116251698
>>116251743
>>116251747
Isn't Isaac canonically a stronger PVP/duelist than Crusty? (Probably in part thanks to his subclass.)

Does Gladiator give bonuses against Landers?
>>
>>116252341
lol
Not only does he look exactly like Omega Red, the name Akamatsu literally TRANSLATES to Omega Red bro
>>
>>116248923
If you want anyone to take your opinions seriously you need to come to the table ready to have a rational discussion. Tossing in a few of your personal reasons why you hate the show and then desperately trying to forestall criticism by claiming that anyone who disagrees with you is part of a SAO-hating hivemind out to get you just reveals the insecurity and attention-seekingness behind your post.

This is the kind of victim-card playing /a/ claims to so desperately hate when they see it used by "other" communities, I'm not sure why you think it will be accepted here.
>>
>>116252428
They were about equal in the drama CD, but Issac did feel like he had the upper hand slightly.
Krusty kinda loses it when he's in the heat of battle, whereas Issac actually gets more calm and observative.
>>
>>116252232
Isn't the game P2P? That'd deter a huge chunk of the BRs.
>>
Wait, how does Souji dual-wield if he isn't a swashbuckler?
>>
>>116252428
Isaac is stronger than Crusty but a shittier leader. That's why he recruits people that are skilled enough to think for themselves while Crusty can command an army of retards
>>
>>116252483
The game's method is different per server
US and Japan are monthly subs while Korea is F2P etc
>>
>>116252483
It's F2P in some places, I'd assume Brazil would be one of those
>>
>>116252517
How hasn't Korea zerg rushed the rest of the world yet?
>>
>>116252455
anon, that comment is a pasta. I've seen it in previous LH threads.
>>
>>116252494
http://ncode.syosetu.com/n5313bu/4/

Samurai can duel wield too.
See above.
>>
>>116252553
>implying they haven't already conquered neighboring countries and are slowly making their way to Yamato Server
>>
>>116252494
Dual wielding isn't restricted by class iirc. Like dual staff summoner and dual shield clerics have been spotted in a certain party.
>>
>>116252494
Everyone can dual wield in ET, whatever class you are as long as that weapon is single-handed.
>>
>>116252517
>>116252548
Hah
RIP in pieces SA server.

>France lumped with the JAJAJAJAJAs and the eastern European slavs
T-thanks Mamare.

Seeing how most of my faggot countrymen behave, I somehow feel it's justified
>>
>>116252616
>dual shield clerics
THE WALL!
>>
>>116252618
>>116252616
Slightly wrong.
Mamare has said that duel-wielding was limited by class (Swashbuckler and Samurai/Pirates can) in Elder Tales.
The thing is, they're not in Elder Tales anymore. The rules doesn't necessary apply anymore.

https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1mDASQkELtchTGwiom5PRAfncRhWVoSeAb_OTreQ5zYs&authkey=CJjusPgH
Mamare Q&A including duel-wielding classes
>>
File: frodo.jpg (42KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
42KB, 400x399px
Why doesn't Shiroe use a staff?

Hell, why doesn't Shiroe use two staves?
>>
>>116252709
How long before they start creating WMDs by taping dozens, or hundreds of stat-sticks together?
>>
>>116252733
>Server wide arms race ensues
It's stupid enough to work
>>
>>116252659
>The rules doesn't necessary apply anymore.
Stacking equipment, here I come.
I wonder how many amulets and shit its possible to wear at once?
>3 sprinkler builds worth of spell spam gear on one enchanter
>>
>>
>>116252799
the endgame is just going to be wizards wearing 300 pounds of jewelry and guardians with hundreds of swords taped to their armor
>>
>>116246455
>>116249348
Vuorinen is moe as fuck
>>
>>116252873
>Senpai noticed me
>>
>>116252775
>>116252799
Seeing how Magus was able to make a death-trap with hundreds of explosion potions (each only do 500pts of damage), I can see this shit getting out of control fast
>>
>>116252936
Is he a finlaboo?
>>
>>116252936
Being a dwarf must be kind of fucked up. Seen how Shiroe had problems with his char being taller than him, now imagine being much shorter. Also beard.
>>
>>116252971
Wait until 8th and shit get in on it, we'll see weapons to surpass metal gear
>>
>>116252799
Since it is magic I guess it is still one.
I assume the next amulet overrides the former effect.
>>
>>116252935
>end-game is now just rolling spiked balls of doom made up of equips and guardians
We Katamari Horizon now.
>>
As fucked up as these "innovations" sound, they're gonna need everything they can cook up now that raid bosses don't play by the rules either.

I mean what's to stop some demon dragon maoh dick monster to go "fuck this shit I'm leaving my hive" and start rolling down a mountain with 20,000 monster army.
>>
File: tiny_people.jpg (496KB, 1502x2073px) Image search: [Google]
tiny_people.jpg
496KB, 1502x2073px
>>116252936
If I would be male dwarf in the Database, I would find myself a potion to chagne myself to female.
>>
>>116252935
>tfw being a sigilmaker
>create a black sigil
>it's not enough, let's create it again
>rinse and repeat
In endgame, everyone will become giganiggas
>>
>>116253074
You would do that regardless of race.
>>
>>116253074
Who's that blonde? She looks interesting.
>>
>>116252990
>they create their first magic tank
>literally name it "a weapon to surpass M**** G***"
>>
>>116253145
She's one of TRPG character.
>>
>Raid bosses left their position to come to the aid of another raid boss in the same dungeon
>Raid boss possessed a Lander and wreck shit up in Akiba
>A Raid boss became girlfriend of an Adventurer
>A Raid boss was fed lives of 10,000 goblins by a bugged GENIUS to become nearly unkillable

We already have these happen and the second Catastrophe hasn't even started yet.
>>
what happened to the dame dame subs?
>>
File: 1407951873010.jpg (623KB, 1236x718px) Image search: [Google]
1407951873010.jpg
623KB, 1236x718px
>>116253139
Well, yeah. tbh I would be a female to being with.
>>116253145
TRPG poster girl. You can see her in the anime too.
>>
File: Mitsuki_Disgusted.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Mitsuki_Disgusted.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>116250672
mfw Australia server is now monster hunter
>>
>>116253190
>yfw Shiroe just pays them to terrorize Minami
>>
File: 1407951800562.jpg (423KB, 960x518px) Image search: [Google]
1407951800562.jpg
423KB, 960x518px
>>116253196
I wish I would have better quality pics.
>>
>>116252989
After 6 months I'm sure you'd adjust.

Now just imagine returning to the real world and being expected to immediately fit back in to society with it though.
>>
>>116253197
>Super sized Huntsman
>Snakes everywhere
>Amphibious blue ringed octopus and Irukanji
The horror
>>
Why didn't they just download DBM?
>>
What will happen if they run Elder Tales with cheat engine when the Apocalypse happened?
>>
>>116253296
They get thrown in the Russian server
>>
>>116253296
There's no way that could happen they use the strongest anti cheat software ever made

punkbuster
>>
>>116253296
>have noclip on when the Apocalypse happens
>become an intangible ghost unable to interact with anything
>>
>>116248923
SAO-fag plz >>/out
>>
Why don't they just close their computers? Like nigga, just walk away.
>>
File: KireiBKs[1].jpg (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
KireiBKs[1].jpg
66KB, 640x480px
When are people going to start wielding their weapons like Black Keys to sextuple their damage output? They're certainly strong enough to do so.
>>
>>116248923
Hey friend, if you wanna shitposto, you can shitpost, but please don't use Pitou's picture for that. Thanks.
>>
File: SmugAnimeAkatsuki.jpg (31KB, 393x556px) Image search: [Google]
SmugAnimeAkatsuki.jpg
31KB, 393x556px
Summoners have it the best.
>summon cute monster girl
>use a skill to take over her
>live your life that way
There were Valkyrie/Angel-like summons in S1, just imagine being able to fly around that way and kill shit with holy sword. I wonder if you could find a way (overskill) to equip items on that form too.
>>
>>116249756
Well, why would 'Evil Santa' knock down anyone else when the tanks are the only ones in close proximity due to being well, tanks. If anyone else got knocked down, it would show that the tanks were shit.
>>
File: LogHorizon_TRPG_001.jpg (3MB, 3969x2128px) Image search: [Google]
LogHorizon_TRPG_001.jpg
3MB, 3969x2128px
>>116253239
>>116253196
I thought I'd be an asshole and tell you to use your brain and Google, but hey, this is an LH thread and I found out about those thanks to you, so here goes..
>>
>>116253448
Space and weight limitations will get in the way of wielding 6 giant end game axes like the one crusty uses. Zweihanders and halberds are also out.

I can imagine it being really good on assassins with their small, compact weapons, but not on anyone else.
>>
File: LogHorizon_TRPG_002.jpg (2MB, 2972x1600px) Image search: [Google]
LogHorizon_TRPG_002.jpg
2MB, 2972x1600px
>>116253239
>>
>>116253690
did you get these from one of the scans available on nyaa or what?
>>
Is there a list of what the summoner class can summon?
>>
>>116253522
touche anon.
>>
>>116253793
I don't think there's a complied list, but I have the TRPG rulebook and can navigate Narou website, want me to list and translate?
>>
>>116253690
is that supposed to be a party? is the cleric their tank?
>>
>>116253793
There's some examples on http://lh.oksub.me/wiki/Summoner

>>116253909
Sounds interesting to me
>>
>>116253909
That would be great.
>>
>>116254059
If you look at both pictures, you might notice that first one has warrior and weapon classes while second one has healing and mage. They are just poster boys/girls.
>>
>>116254069
>Combat summon: sword Princess
>All those Combat summon alts
My fucking dick
>>
>>116254213
>sword princess, samurai girl, hammer maiden, whip queen, slinger kunoichi, and more
Its like an entire harem in one class
You could probably spec into nothing but battle waifus

Elder Tales for GOTY
>>
These are from just skimming through the books quickly.

From TRPG book:

Salamander
Undine
Carbunkle
Unicorn
Banshee
Sword Princess
Other variation of SP: Samurai Girl, Hammer Maiden, Whip Queen, Slinger Kunoichi, Sword Prince
Medusa
Siren
Gremlin
Clew Rat
Brownie

From Mamare's Narou entry:

Skeleton
Phantom
Golem
Slime

From the novel as well as loghora wiki:

Deadly Swarm
Princess Wraith
Arachne
Amatsu Toui (higher ranking frost elemental)
Al Qīng zhěn (one of the six Alv princess)
Garnet Dragon (KR's girl)
Kikimora
Zombie Bat (TRPG)
Haku Tak (Chinese White horse fairy, KR's pet)
Basilisk
Phoenix
Pale Horse
Thunder Phoenix
Rance dísir (the spear goddess seen during Rayneshia's speech)
Lumiere (light elementals seen in same scene above)
>>
>>116254069
>After the Apocalypse, Summoners in love with Sword Princess have had serious discussions on the ultimate question: "How do you get her to wear clothes you like?"
>>
>>116254438
Based summoners have their priorities straight.
>>
How far along is the TRPG translation?
>>
>>116254433
>Sword Prince
Absolutely disgusting
>>
Are summons sapient now? Are they sentient now?
>>
>>116254438
wait, so summons are sentient? do they just happen to want to do whatever they're told? or are they basically slaves
>>
>>116254536
They are definitely sentient, but no confirmation of sapience other than Garnet Dragon a.k.a Ga-tan.

But since Garnet Dragon is a raid boss, we can assume many of the powerful creatures in the world likely are sapient as well.
>>
>>116254590
They are bound to contract.
We don't know how they feel at this moment.

Ga-tan demands KR's innards any chance she gets, and she behaves like she's wearing the pants in their relationship, but she may be a very unique situation.
>>
Weren't the Black sword knights' summoners have their Undine in costumes?
>>
>>116254754
I guess they did find how. And fast. Passion+manpower=miracles.
>>
>>116254877
How do you fuck water ?
>>
File: 1350457922712.jpg (39KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1350457922712.jpg
39KB, 500x375px
>>116254877
>After the Apocalypse, there have been endless conversations between Summoners like "Skeletons are fine but whipping Undine-chan too?" "It's fine, it's fine."
>>
File: 1413053448611.png (110KB, 215x474px) Image search: [Google]
1413053448611.png
110KB, 215x474px
>>116254877
Being a summoner or druid would be pretty cool, I wouldn't be a loner anymore.
>>
>>116255335
Give yourself an enema?
>>
>>116255335
>heh heh, we haven't even started and you're already this wet
>>
>>116254438
>not summoning undine-chan and whipping her into compliance
>implying everybody on /a/ wouldn't be taking the "wear clothes you like" question with deadly seriousness
>>
Do they have people killing the goblin king weekly to prevent the shit that happened in S1 from happening again? I think I remember them mentioning it but I don't remember.
>>
>>116254433
Possibly a Lovecraftian squid monster in the SEAsia server, if you can fill all the reqs to get it.
>>
>>116255405
Goddammit
>>
>>116255438
No, the goblin king is still alive (Krusty wiped out his generals). During Vol 6 and 7 the majority of DDD and Black Sword (plus Krusty and Isaac) are actually off beseiging the fortress at Seventh Fall with the aim of killing the goblin king. It's why the anime is occasionally cutting to their warcamp and they're not in Akiba.
>>
>>116255438
The event is every six months, not every week. They're still trying to kill the one that got crowned when they missed it in S1.
>>
>>116255494

Oh, okay. I just thought the entire arc with the goblins just sort of ended abruptly. So they're still trying to take care of that shit but it's not as bad as it was?
>>
>all the 3 sentient boss raid hype by the LNfriends
>5 min Shiroe and gang getting wrecked by said boss
Why Jesus ;-;
>>
>>116255699
Next episode, man. You really think they'd skip over that?
>>
File: 1412220479472.jpg (206KB, 700x584px) Image search: [Google]
1412220479472.jpg
206KB, 700x584px
otp
>>
>>116255612
Yes. In the LNs it's mentioned that the Round Table and nobles are consistently posting regular quests involving patrolling, guarding merchant caravans from goblins, and conducting raids to kill goblins etc., in order to keep the problem controlled.
>>
>>116252979
we don't know
>>
Do we see the Moon next episode?
>>
>>116257382
Looks like it.
>>
Just thought of possible Overskill
>use mana or mana pool capped to summon servant
>essentially allocating parts of your soul to bind servants in place
>why not use HEALTH?
>health governs body, so allocating all your health to summon a servant basically using your flesh to anchor servant
>your body turns into the body of the servant
>>
>>116257511
try thinking on a larger scale
>cathedral are the place where the souls congregate
>study on the mechanics of the cathedral
>replicate and redefine cathedral mana collecting ability
>hook it to yourself
BOOM! instant infinity fortress and you can go thunder emperor on everyone's ass
>>
>>116257511
That reminds me of one particular build in Path of Exile where you could use multiple powerful auras every one of which required some of your HP to be maintained.
You could allocate like 70-80% of your HP on aura maintenance and feel really squishy but hell those auras were broken strong.

This makes me think about all sorts of unique complex non-meta builds: even if they're not a possibility in old ET I have a feel that after the Catastrophe you are able to go full bonkers.
>>
Too bad there's no Mimic class. For example you can choose skills from all the classes and use that as your skills but the skills are weaker. Bonus if it works like an apprentice subclass where you need someone else with the same skill and register them.
>>
>>116258049
Could you make your own subclass?
>>
>>116258112
Shiroe did.
>>
>>116257946
It's not going to be long before someone figured out on how to achieve omnipotence.
>>
>The ''expansion'' has been released for a long time now
>Nobody has reached level 100 even now
>>
>>116258220
I'm sorry anon. It must be hard being stupid. They already addressed this in the anime and more so in the LN.
>>
>>116258220
The grind is real.
>>
>>116258049
But there is a subclass according to the pastebin:
>カテゴリーエラー (Category Error) - A special Japanese-only subclass from a special event
that claims that the user could "destroy the framework of the 12 Classes and use their skills freely." Of course, however, the reality was that the user was just a jack-of-all trades and it wasn't actually that game-breaking, since you mastered nothing.
>>
>>116257870

Can you program something to be an autonomous magical robot? Possibilities here are god-damn infinite.
Imagine such a shit. Take a summoner, assume that size of it's summon reflects on maintenance costs, i.e. the smaller it is the less taxing it is on your resources.
Now spawn some thousands of nano-sized summons, get yourself a grey goo hive organism with you being the coordination center.
This should seriously drain your HP/MP, so get a bunch of lewd healers and set the charging.
The next step would be making these nanobots single-task. Like, you summon one, it does it's action then desummon it. For a new task, summon another one. Logic behind it is you can't get infinite HP/MP but you can boost your regen rates to the infinity and beyond. And make your nanozerg's strength rely on renewability without having to maintain summons in-between task executions.

Probably the summoner doing such a shit is ought to go crazy just from the sheer APS numbers. Nevertheless the idea fancies me very much.
>>
>>116258290
>Of course, however, the reality was that the user was just a jack-of-all trades and it wasn't actually that game-breaking, since you mastered nothing.
That's the whole point. The game I played had a Mimic class and so when you needed a certain role in a party you can switch your skills around to fit the need. It didn't need to be OP, it's just for filling in a role.
I want to play MMOs again.
>>
>>116258326
Nanomachines?!
>>
>>116258393
Yes. Since you can summon fokken undines in lewd cosplay why wouldn't you be able to summon a nanomachine? Overskills and such shit...
>>
>>116258483
Undines are shit.
>>
>>116253264
Don't forget the Abos.
Pic unrelated
>>
>>116254433
>Skeleton
So can I dress as a lich and stay at graveyard; Telling those spookies to have a jazz party every full moon?
This is important.
>>
Guys, I need to know. Did they invent cat dildos yet?
>>
>>116258385
Sounds like Phantom in Maplestory.
>>
>>116245146
They are in the real world anon.
>>
>>116258776
I stopped playing Maplestory after the Big Bang update. Fuck those cunts for adding a colldown on Genesis.
>>
>>116245358
>>116248923
You guys are insane. This is going to get explained. Why the fuck do you want shit spoonfed after 12 episodes?
>>
>>116258815
No resurrection cooldown when I was playing though, which was pretty cool.
>>
>>116250146
>Isuzu created a new Bard Song, and it had its own spell effect, so yeah.

What would be the effect of playing DATABASE as a bard song?
>>
>>116259007
It crashes the game and everyone goes home.
Thread posts: 372
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.