[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scanlation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 10

It's finally time.

What manga are you typesetting/translating/ripping?

Aslo,there still isn't a single script of the new me and devil blues chapter yet. I wonder where TL guy have gone to.
>>
>>114338200
On the topic, is *anyone* scanlating Sabagebu!? The only group that has releases on it has been inactive for over a year.
>>
>>114338285
Why would you answer your own question then ask it anyways?
>>
>>114338285
Just because there are no releases doesn't mean nobody's working on it.
>>
>>114338200
Working to steal another group's series because their translation is bad.
>>
>>114338714
> Working to steal another group's series
> steal
I never got this mindset of English scanlating community. What is there to steal? Why shouldn't be more groups working on one series? What's the point of being butthurted if people are downloading the scans which are faster? Who gives a shit? If more groups are scanlating one series then I always wait for the better quality one.

Seriously, I thought that at least high-quality groups would be above this shit but Illuminati-Manga is all over it too.
>>
>>114338965
I was joking, I don't believe in honor among thieves.

But their translation really is bad.
>>
>>114338200

i really dont want to be that guy but can you give a source?
>>
File: Latin152.png (2MB, 1671x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Latin152.png
2MB, 1671x2400px
>>114339188
It is Latin - Takabatake Enaga Tanpenshuu ,which is full of one-shots,and i had full raw left which i'm planning to clean now.
https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B1dkv-hRLmEJNWtORjJEZFdNdE0
>>
>>114339445
Bruh that's not a raw.
>>
>>114339492
It is. It is the only hi res scan of this series i had saw.unless there are someone else who had scanned this in japanese.
>>
>>114339632
A raw is in the original language. Regardless of the quality, that's a Chinese scanlation.
>>
I am currently sitting on a bunch (around 2000 files) of non-public tank raws I leeched from a semi-private Japanese site and I don't know what to do with them.
>>
Arachnid 39.5 coming out in the next couple of days. Gotta typeset that shit.
>>
>>114339880
upload them to the ftp
>>
>>114339948
They problem is that they are supposed to stay private because the Japanese get really pissed at leaks.
>>
>>114340174
You are saying that the ftp isn't private enough to upload. Guess those goes into some private tracker or something then.
>>
>>114340174
>get really pissed at leaks
Who the fuck cares?
>>
>>114338714

What series?
>>
>>114340174

Who gives a shit. We don't even know if your super-sekrit tanks are of any value. Why would you mention them if you're not going to upload them?
>>
Learning how to clean. It's a slow road ahead.
>>
>>114340174
Then why did you even bring it up?
>>
File: ScreenShot052.jpg (39KB, 350x433px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot052.jpg
39KB, 350x433px
>>114339948

Not that guy, but I also have a bunch of raws that I'd like to upload. I need to organize them, though.
>>
I'm trying to finish a manga I've been working (read: slacking) on for more than one year and I'm currently waiting for TL. I think I'll manage to make it by the end of the year.
I'm also starting to scanlate a few other mangos:
>Acony
I scanlated the 19th chapter but then the translator disappeared into thin air, and I found a new one hopefully.
>Kyosuurei
Two chapters of this are almost ready for release actually, but my autism won't let me release them. This translator is used to do everything by himself so I basically had to do nothing but the typesetting is still kinda sloppy.
>Wakako-Zake
I wanted to finish either Acony or SnW before starting this but I think I'll start anyway soon. The chapters are very short, so I wanted to try releasing one every week.

When I'm done with Acony and SnW I was also thinking about scanlating Taisho Yakyuu Musume, but it's much longer than anything I've done before so I have to think about it.
>>
File: 008.png (710KB, 832x1200px) Image search: [Google]
008.png
710KB, 832x1200px
tinyurl com/ScanlationBulletin

I need a typesetter for Mononoke Soushi. ebook rips (so no cleaning required, probably) since physical copies are out of print and expensive.

Also, 100 - Handred (which Riki scanned) is being translated for now, so that needs an editor.

>>114343094

>Acony

I think The End scanlations picked that up for their next project, actually.
>>
>>114343134
They picked it because we cheated on the poll and someone else started doing that other one. They're slow as fuck, though. I bet they won't even start doing it this year.
>>
>>114343134
Is there any way I can confirm that? Everybody and their mother told me that their group is doing Acony and nobody has actually done shit yet. I want to see that goddamn manga scanlated and I'm not going to wait months again.
>>
>>114343255

I actually forgot about that poll, but looking at the results it's obvious (and hilarious). I wonder if they'll still do it, though. If you're picking it up, maybe you should let them know so that they can start that SOS anthology.
>>
>>114343292
I'm not that anon, just talking about the poll.
>1) We are aware of the rampant, depraved cheating going on in the current poll between fans of Acony and Sougiya Riddle (oh you silly people you).
>2) We have decided that titles being unfairly boosted may be disqualified from the poll.
>3) However, it turns out that Sougiya Riddle has recently been completely scanlated.
>4) Thus, barring a miracle, Acony will be winning this poll, regardless of the cheating.
>5) If cheating continues, we may also restrict future polls to LJ-users only. Which would suck, so stop cheating.

I'd rather have that anon doing it than these LJ fags.
>>
>>114343348

My mistake, then. I'd also rather have anons do it than some Livejournal BL group doing an "experiment". They release like 1 chapter a month, anyway.
>>
>>114343134
Really? I thought nobody want to work on 100 Handred.
If you don't mind,i can help you with editing if you need.
>>
>>114343292
>>114343348
I'm that anon.
Where can I find these guys and should I do it?
I have everything ready, I'm just waiting for the translator.
I am still pretty slow though.
>>
>>114343388

Cool, just email me.

>>114343411

the-end-manga.livejournal com/
>>
>>114343411
How slow we are talking about?
>>
>>114343498

v.2 c.8 by The End (19d ago)
v.2 c.7 by The End (49d ago)
v.2 c.6 by The End (62d ago)

They work on one project at a time.
>>
>>114343546
No, I meant how slow is anon.
>>
>>114343448
How the fuck am I supposed to contact these faggots, there's no irc channel nor email nor anything on there.
>>114343498
Weeeell, that depends on the manga.
I think I can do more than one chapter per month with Acony.
>>
>>114343579

My bad, I thought you quoted a different post.

>>114343603

[email protected]
>>
>>114343603
That's LJ scanlation for you. You have to make a shitty blog, pick some shitty filtered avatar and then ask a question. in one of their posts.

1-2 chapters is good enough, considering only 6 chapters are left.
>>
>>114343702
>>114343727
eeh whatever, I don't really want to bother doing that. I'll just start releasing on my own.
We're going to start before the second half of October and I'll try to release something every two weeks, so it should be all done soon.
>>
Are these threads just on the weekends now or something?
>>
>>114343953

There's no designated time, it's just whenever it ends up not being 404'd within 10 minutes.
>>
Is there a way to make Photoshop differentiate actual colored images and grayscale saved in RGB?
eBookJapan's rips are bloated as fuck, and I want to make a batch script to optimize 15GB I ripped from their recent event, without needing to check every folder for color pages.
>>
I'm sorry Mitsudomoe chapter 4 has been so late. It's my fault.
>>
>>114344260
Vol. 4 even
>>
>>114344260

>chapter 4

Dude what

>>114344238

The free ebook event? Is there anything decent in there?
>>
>>114344293
It ended on 22th or so. I can make a pastebin with stuff I managed to rip.
>>
>>114344516

That'd be nice. I was a bit overwhelmed, so I didn't research any of the series.
>>
>>114344238
You could run imagemagick through the whole thing.

mogrify -colorspace grey *.jpg

I don't know how that would work as a batch script though.
>>
>>114344238
>>114344586
Oh, my bad, didn't read.
>>
File: 1312180763294.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1312180763294.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>114338965
Are you trolling or are you just ignorant? Stealing is a serious matter because it often fuck you over real bad. Here is an example:
>Scanlate a certain ongoing monthly series
>Your typesetter for this series leaves the group
>You first try to ask one of your other TS to help out with this series as you are already one volume behind the Japanese release
>No other is really eager to take even more work so the progress is going slowly
>By the time a third of the volume has been typeset, another one comes out in Japan. You are already two volumes behind.
>You are dedicated to continue scanlating this series because you are a fan and you also want to please the leechers
>So you buy the new volume as usual and ask your usual editor and translator for the series to work on it
>Meanwhile, you start looking to recruit new members, including a typesetter for this particular series
>Three months later, you still haven't found a typesetter while both volumes and translated, QCd and edited, ready to be lettered
>Suddenly, some asshats from 4chan release the two volumes without even letting you know beforehand
>Now all your efforts are wasted. Not just the money you've put into this, but also something like 60-100 hours of work for the two volumes combined
>Not only that, but the faggots from 4chan made a noticeably lower quality product
Yeah, nah, you are giant cunt for stealing other people's projects. If you are THAT concerned about a stalled project then contact the group and try to work something out.
>>
>>114344739
>Not only that, but the faggots from 4chan made a noticeably lower quality product
If that's the case then it's not a loss that you release a superior product
Clearly all you give a shit is about your dick getting sucked for releasing it first.

Also learn how to typeset yourself you lazy fuck. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>114344739

You could have learned how to typeset in those three months, idiot. Also, if you really care about the product quality you would continue to work towards a superior scanlation. Instead you just want epeen.

>those faggots from 4chan

Are you from Utopia Scans or something?
>>
>>114344904
I disagree. Typesetting decently is much more rocket science than some people think.
>>
File: never ends.jpg (148KB, 1369x886px) Image search: [Google]
never ends.jpg
148KB, 1369x886px
I have so much shit to scan.
>>
>>114344942

Maybe if he read a shitty tutorial from 2005. Three months should be plenty of time to get decent if he was as impassioned as he claims to be.
>>
>>114344987
Well yeah, three months is more than enough.
>>
>>114344942
Except that's not even remotely true. It shouldn't take more than a week to learn how to not use comic sans and to properly put it in the center of the bubble.
>>
>>114344559
http://pastebin.com/c9wXyDdH
Tell me if you need anything.
>>114344633
Yeah, the problem is that basic script just turns all images grayscale, which means I have to manually check every folder after for color pages and save them as JPG.
>>
>>114344869
>>114344904
But I am busy with other stuff. No matter what I do, some series will be stalled. And yeah, I will continue releasing if it didn't cost me so much effort. I still haven't got a typesetter and I don't plan on waste any more time on a series that's already done, albeit worse than what could have been. There are hundreds of quality manga out there that aren't available to the English public, I might as well focus on them.
>>
>>114345013

Maybe you misread, but that's what I was originally stating. He said he waited for 3 months with his thumb up his ass.
>>
>>114345018
I'd say it depends on the person and his level of autism.
>>
>>114345043

What series are you talking about, anyway?

And why settle? There are plenty of groups who solely do HQ scans for series that got shitty speedscans previously (usually when tank scans comes out).
>>
>>114345043
YOU are the one wasting effort. YOU. By dropping a project that's basically done and supposedly "superior" then the one already released. You. You're the one at fault. Just because you couldn't release it first and get your dick sucked.
>>
>>114345030

Wow, I don't recognize any of that.

Maybe リバースエッジ 大川端探偵社, that seems to be worth a look. I'll go over the rest in the meantime.
>>
>>114345195
http://www.ebookjapan.jp/ebj/special/goraku_50th.asp
Page is still up, might be easier to check series out with it.
>>
>>114345104
It's all a hypothetical scenario. There are much worse cases than this as there are much harmless ones too.

>>114345114
Why blame me? You are the ones who didn't contact me and asked me to help release the series? It's ridiculous to shift the blame on me when you went ahead and fucked it up for everyone. And my version of the volumes is not ready, otherwise I would have released it. It still requires me to find a typesetter and finish both volumes. That effort is not worth it most of the time. Especially since all the leechers have seen your version and barely anyone will care. There are plenty example of HQ groups that drop out because there is literally no interest.
>>
>>114345242

>hypothetical scenario

You don't expect anyone to believe that, do you? You sound just like Utopia with Prison School.

>barely anyone will care

Welcome to scanlation. If you're in this for the epeen, which it seems like you are, rather than being the impassioned fan that you claim to be, you won't last long. You're already butthurt over someone producing a LQ speedscan before you could release your version.
>>
>>114345242

Also, you're posting in a scanlation thread about not having a typesetter, when you could have simply stated what series you need a typesetter for and maybe have gotten some help.
>>
>>114343388

I think I posted the wrong email on the board, email me again please.
>>
>>114345343
I don't where you get the confidence to assume some higher moral ground. First, these kind of issues date way back than Utopia (I am not even familiar with this particular one). Second, I do scanlation for the community, not for epeen. And when the community doesn't need my releases, or there are like 10 people interested, I might as well not bother. Likewise, as this is largely a community effort, I expect the community to give back. When you are unwilling to cooperate with me or help me, then you are really in no position to have any demands. If it was just a couple of people I was doing it, I might as well just give resumes of volumes when they are released, or maybe even a whole script, but that's it.
>>
>>114345580

>unwilling to cooperate with me or help me

You haven't even stated what series you need help on. You should take a breather and try this again.
>>
I'm not exactly agreeing with the "hypotetical scenario" anon, but that's exactly why I only want to do series that nobody gives a fuck about.
I don't want drama and I don't want this kind of shit to happen.
>>
>>114345580
>And when the community doesn't need my releases, or there are like 10 people interested, I might as well not bother.

So, epeen. For all you know there are plenty of people who haven't picked up the series yet that would read it. Or people who would like to re-read it, and if there are better looking scans they will flock to that.
>>
>>114345626
I already stated couple of times that I am not part of the scanlation scene and that this is a hypothetical scenario. I don't need help with anything because I am not working on anything.

>>114345688
But why wouldn't I focus my efforts on a series that no one else is doing? This way people will actually benefit from my work. If people wanted to have a higher quality of releases of the stolen series, then they should ask the guys from 4chan to contact me so we can collaborate on the series.
>>
>>114345030

I don't particularly need anything because those look like they might be bargain bin manga (a bit unfair, it might just be some promotion to get more ebook readers), but when you compress them I'll browse the FTP and see if anything looks interesting enough to work on.
>>
>>114345815

The way that you're arguing about this suggests that you're just embarrassed, and are letting your pride get in the way of asking for help. We're all anon here. You don't have to defend your internet pride. No one believes your "hypothetical" excuse anyway.

>I am not part of the scanlation scene

>>114345580

>Second, I do scanlation for the community
>>
>>114345820
https://mega.co.nz/#!2NZDRZLJ!-drAWsefeU7i8CSh-CkH0cdMcWYvZUprYWUgDsgjihg
I'm getting quite shitty upload speed on MEGA lately for some reason.
>>114345820
Hell knows when I'll compress all of it. Tweaking script for each manga is a pain in the ass, so I'll probably just roll over with 128 or 256 grayscale PNG for everything, in case there are detailed gradients or some other shit, it most likely cut the filesize in two or at least one third.
>>
How do you feel about credit pages?
>>
>>114345942
I don't see a way how to explain this better. I am not a scanlator, I assumed the role a group leader for a fictitious group in a made-up scenario. I don't need help with anything. What I explain, and demonstrated very clearly in my opinion, is that stealing projects is a bad thing that ultimately harms the community. The people who steal projects are usually self-centered pricks (often 4channers) who only seek attention and make no effort to better the situation. No reasonable man can support this.
>>
>>114346190

I prefer one credit page at the end of the volume, unless you're actively recruiting. Keep it minimalist.

>>114346197

It's obvious that you're from some buttblasted group that got overtaken by anon scanlations. If someone else beats you to the punch, just suck it up. Shame about your Adfly links though.
>>
>>114346169
>>114345195
Oh wait, I fucked up and replied to wrong post.
>>
File: watashi.jpg (268KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
watashi.jpg
268KB, 1280x720px
>>114346197
>I am not a scanlator
>implying anybody believes you by now
>>
>>114346290

Thanks.
>>
>>114345576
Ok,done re send. Hope you can get it.
>>
File: HandRed013.png (3MB, 1798x2500px) Image search: [Google]
HandRed013.png
3MB, 1798x2500px
Also, example page if anyone wants to comment on the scan.
>>
File: credits.png (78KB, 716x573px) Image search: [Google]
credits.png
78KB, 716x573px
>>114346270
>Keep it minimalist.
That's what I do, but in a different way.
Every release contains a credits.txt file that looks like this, so that it doesn't get picked up by reader programs.
>>
>>114346447

That's not a bad idea.
>>
>>114346401
Noice, what's that?
>>
Is there a better way to deal with bleeding than placing inverted horizontally flipped layer of page that bleeds set in screen blending mode with low opacity?
>>
After I finish up with 2007-tier tutorials, is there a more recent tutorial that I should look for, or am I going to have to experiment and just ask a lot of questions?
>>
Where do I go to download Witch Craft Works chapter 28-36?

Shouldn't there be a pastebin for it?
>>
What do you guys think of using drawing tablets for scanlation? I doubt it'd help me very much with redrawing, but what about writing out the translations in a more natural handwritten way if need be?
>>
>>114348689

I use one for cleaning, because otherwise I'd just get carpal tunnel.
>>
>>114348689
Wrote for a few bubbles, that's about it. I wouldn't suggest buying a tablet for the sole purpose of handwritten stuff.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.